2nd baby new stuff?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by ajarvis, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

Just curious what others are doing :)

With number 2 I want to get him/her a newer crib. With my son we didn't have alot of money so we got a cheap crib that is only a crib. Now he's been sleeping on the floor on a mattress til' he is use to not rolling out of bed and we're going to buy him a bed.

For number two I want to buy a new crib. One that converts to a bed later. But I feel like I should be spending money on other things lol. sooo just curious how many buy new things for #2

THe other reason is I feel the second should get as much new stuff as the first!

2. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

i dont have a number 1 already but i can see your point about the crib/cot if you buy a cot/bed your babys number 2 will have a bed ready without another new expence so it serves to reasons and lasts longer for money ive been lookin at cotbeds rather than just cots....

i think if i had 1 already id use alot of the old stuff if the same sex but maybe new cot, pushchair

3. mummymadness

mummymadness Mummy to 4

With my second i kind of had to buy most things new , As my first was a girl and literally everything was Pink lol .
    I still used the same Cot , Just a new Matress and new bumper set etc . Same pram and car seat But it was in fab condition .
    This time on number 3 had to get everything again as i had gotten rid of everything was planning no more babies lol .Some times just new things to go with old things is a nice idea :) . Its ur choice hun . xxx .

4. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

When planning number 1 i decide not to go too 'blue' so that when i had my second one all i had to buy was a double pram , bottles and pink clothes. Don't feel guilty about not spending the same on number 2 just think about the extra you can spend on them when there actually here x

5. ajarvis

Well his carseat will be reused for new baby as it was only used for 6 months, but the stroller there is not a chance it can be reused. I'm afraid it could die any day lol, plus I need a ride and sit stroller so my son can stand on it and baby can sit.

And I really want to buy more baby stuff :) I'm kinda hoping for a girl to buy the cute clothes too. Right now I have a boy and I have two nephews - LOTS of boys lol.

6. journey

journey Well-Known Member

I'm actually hoping I can reuse as much as possible! I will need to get all new baby clothes b/c for some reason I got rid of all my son's baby clothes. But we still have his crib, car seats, pack n play (which is blue but I'll still use it even if we have a girl), strollers, high chair, and various other baby gear. If I can get away with just getting diapers and clothes I'll be a happy camper! :happydance:

7. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

No halm in buying new stuff for new baby. I am....
    Mainly because i got rid of everything after danni was born cos i werent havingg another one lol

8. journey

journey Well-Known Member

Oh, and this time around I do plan on getting me a really cool diaper bag. I used a backpack last time, which was great, but I'm feeling the need to be a bit more stylish this time!

9. ajarvis

and I'm thinking no diaper bag for me this time just a backpack :p last time I found that diaper bag a pain in the but...

10. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

I had to buy all new baby furniture with this one , except the changing table , I had given all of my old baby items away , I did keep a ton of the baby clothes though and they are all like new , I still went out and bought all new yellows greens and blues incase this one is a boy .

11. ajarvis

I gave all of my sons baby clothes away to my nephews. So even if I have a boy he'll need new clothes :p