2ww ladies...

Thanks all of you! Congrats again to Kelly! Woohooo! I'm not very good at imaginative ways to tell DH, I'm sorry, I just got straight to it and waved the stick in his face when he got home from work! I'm not good at holding things in really! We've not told DD and need to think of when best to do that but I'll hopefully get an early scan and we can decide after that. Don't want to put her through any more heartache but she is so impatient to be a sister! She's not great at keeping secrets either TBH, so when she knows, it will not be long before others do!

We did do a few things differently this month - mainly started the BD-ing earlier and got a lot more in - as I'd ove'd early the month before I didn't want to miss it. As it happened things seemed to be back to normal OV wise but it obviously did no harm! We were pretty fed up by the end I'll tell ya (that's bad to admit, isn't it?!) I didn't bother too much with much else - no honey and cinnamon, or nonsense like that this month. Oh and I prayed (begged) for my rainbow. I also tired to get out in the sun as much as possible as I'd read that Vit D deficiency can hinder TTC and also as it just makes me feel good and happy. I got stuck into missions in the garden and have been doing quite a lot of heavy humphing of dirt etc which helped keep me from obsessing and the excercise probably did no harm. Now to decide if I should continue this or not - I'm worried I may harm my little bean by doing too much and am paranoid about my possibly dodgy cervix but on the other hand if doing this helped make this possible then maybe I should keep at it? I've only just pulled my head out of my ass enough to start planning the future of my garden etc, I couldn't have cared less until recently and I don't want to go back to doing not much and living in limbo again but don't want to risk anything. Maybe if I just stick to lighter stuff and stop around 10 or 12 weeks, where the weight on the cervix may start to be enough to prompt opening? Aaargh! i'm starting already with the overthinking!

I'm thinking about work too - I'm on my feet for a lot of it but only do 3 nights a week, but all the memories of being there pregnant with the boys make it hard and I can't help wondering if all the standing had something to do with it. I want my Maternity pay this time though dammit! Thats daft, isn't it?! I suppose I'll just need to wait to see if there are any changes when I get my internal scans and get signed off if there is. I'm jumping the gun. I'll stop rambling now!!

Luck and :dust: to all of you! XXX

YAY!! congrats ladies, this is such awesome news.
I wish you both all the happiness in the world :)

Now rub some of this luck off on us :) :) :)

Nikki can you do light duties in your job? I know here the doctors can advise this - i might be worth considering if your worried. I know if I get signed off due to pregnancy long term they will expect you to start maternity leave.....its tough trying to keep that bean safe & have a balance of still trying to work to afford to pay the bills and get some maternity pay out of it!

I'm going to have to take your advice on the lots of BDing!! xx

Today is my freak out day .... All I have been doing is panicking about my stupid crappy cervix... I've been begging God to let me carry this baby and allow me to please bring this one home ...Had some pretty interesting conversations with Him these last 2 days... LOL

Nikki - Sounds like we are battling the same war... I'll tie yours in a knot if you tie mine...hahahaha!

On a more serious note... Has your doctor mentioned a cerclage and if your a candidate? My last preg- with Emma, He said I wasn't d/t THAT circumstance - waited too long to do anything... NOT THIS TIME! I'm gonna be his worst nightmare :)

Today is my freak out day .... All I have been doing is panicking about my stupid crappy cervix... I've been begging God to let me carry this baby and allow me to please bring this one home ...Had some pretty interesting conversations with Him these last 2 days... LOL

Nikki - Sounds like we are battling the same war... I'll tie yours in a knot if you tie mine...hahahaha!

On a more serious note... Has your doctor mentioned a cerclage and if your a candidate? My last preg- with Emma, He said I wasn't d/t THAT circumstance - waited too long to do anything... NOT THIS TIME! I'm gonna be his worst nightmare :)

Kelly I'm normally quite laid back and just agree with whatever the doctors say, but this time around I have really been questioning and demanding of them. Luckily they have been very cooperative but I have found that my usual laid back attitude has changed and I have really found the strength to demand treatments, tests and answers when I feel they are needed. At the end of the day, who cares whether they get fed up with you, as long as your rainbow is safe. Do whatever you feel you need to do to make you feel comfortable that you have done all you can. If that makes sense, lol. Xx

Kelly I hope you get the treatment you need and deserve, here's a good link for things to think about/possibly demand: https://www.inkan.se/pprom/pap-guidelines/testing-and-monitoring/

This one is relating to pPROM but a lot of the same things apply for IC, as it is the cause of a lot of instances of pPROM.

Here's one for preterm labour, lots of similarities:https://www.keepemcookin.com/prevention.aspx

AFM, my OB promised me an early scan and then weekly cervical scans from 10 weeks, with immediate cerclage placement if any changes are detected. I have his email and will write to him when I get a better test result, I just want to be double-sure before I get everything rolling.

My laid back attitude vanished pretty quickly in those 6 days in hospital hoping to save the boys - I did all their heads in but I think that's fair enough! My OB was the only one who really listened and even gave me a big peer review to prove his methodology which I really appreciated. He is the only one who travels to the clinic nearest me so it was quite easy to swing it have him. All going well, I will be in shared care between him and my midwife, with scans done either locally or at the place an hour away where I was seen following the mebrane rupture last time - I'm in two minds what to do about this - the local one would be a lot easier but the one further away I know the tech is really experienced and I also won't have to explain why I need all this done as she knows. Where I live is quite a small place so I'd wonder at the tech's experience in cases like this, where as the other one services the whole area and is where all the tricky cases would tend to go, I think.

It will be hard emotionally to be in that room again but I'll have to go to that hospital for my Ob appts anyway and I want what's best for this little bean. It's an hour each way though and I'll have to do it weekly. The other better thing about going there is that if any changes are found then I'm closer to the city I'd have to get to to get the cerclage placed - I'd probably just drive straight there.

Anyway, I'm rambling - away ahead of myself as usual. I can't really do any lighter duties at work as it's a small place so I usually work alone - there are only 2 of us who can work the restaurant solo and that is me and my boss (as you have to hold a special license here to serve liquor - someone with this license has to be present always, so as it's usually just one serving then we both have it, nobody else does so there is no-one else available to take over). So I'm either there or I'm not, though I will ask someone else to lift kegs etc but I'm worrying about being on my feet so much and the hatch for the dumb waiter is at floor level so I'm squatting all night long to pick up and set down plates - not what you should be doing with a possible IC! I guess IC isn't a problem until there is enough wieght to put pressure on the cervix, so I'll be OK for a wee while and then the scans can be my guide. The OB said he would sign me off if need be. And, breathe....

Hey girls. Any room for me? I had a peek in life after loss and don't really know alot of the girls in there so I said I'd come here.
Sally, britney, Gemma, how r u girls doing? I hope your all doing good. Where are y'all in the ttc journey? How r u all feeling?
I'm in the 2ww at the moment, 8 dpo and I'm super crampy this evening, very low down near my "nancy" lol. I'm reading too much into it already. Xxxx

Ooo! Hello Yazoo, of course ...Get your booty in here! :haha:

Just so you know, you officially have a STALKER :friends: Sooo post away! Wanna hear all the details (symptoms!) My FX'd and blowing baby dust your way!!!

Nikki- Thank You VERY much for those links! I'll jump into them right away... Love reading as much as I possibly can about this ugly monster :winkwink:

How is everyone else doing???

AFM- Feeling VERY icky :sick: (moring, afternoon, evening sickness has found it's way!!) YIPPEE!! Also probably my nerves playing a part of all that too... I'm a nervous wreck..

A few weeks ago, I made plans with another couple for tonight, they are coming over for dinner, with their own baby news and it's gonna be VERY hard for me to keep my lips sealed about ours! It's weird, when I got preg with Emma, I had no desire to tell anyone, it was easy to hide... But this lil bean... I wanna scream from the roof tops! hahaha .. But I'm not yet.. WAY too early... I'll just be biting my tongue and smiling inside :flower:

Hey Tanya, of course you can join us, hoping and praying for you hon, it would be so good if you and Krissy caught this month too, and everybody! Everything crossed for you!

Kelly I know what you mean about it being hard not to tell, my DD was asking some things about the boys yesterday and I so nearly said "this time it will be different", "this time I'll be checked lots" I had to really concentrate hard to say "next time". i can't wait to tell her but got to protect her and need to make sure things are at least as steady as they can be first.

xx

sending you sooooo much baby dust tanya xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will know in about 1 week if I caught it!!! :dance:

Hoping for you! Really hope you did hon. may the week go quickly for you. xxx

Hey girls. Any room for me? I had a peek in life after loss and don't really know alot of the girls in there so I said I'd come here.
Sally, britney, Gemma, how r u girls doing? I hope your all doing good. Where are y'all in the ttc journey? How r u all feeling?
I'm in the 2ww at the moment, 8 dpo and I'm super crampy this evening, very low down near my "nancy" lol. I'm reading too much into it already. Xxxx

Thanks Yazoo (Tanya right? Or did I get that wrong?)
Nice to see you back here. As you can see from my ticker I'm now 8 weeks along (or 7+6 according to my midwife, but who cares about one day's difference?!)
I'm feeling ok, just reeeeeally tired and hungry all the time, with occasional nausea but no puking yet. I've got a bit of a bloaty podge starting already and am having to dress carefully for work to avoid being found out!
Exciting that you are 8dpo - have you been tempted to poas yet? I think I started around that time with my cheapies and got faint positive not long after that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you honey :hugs:

Oh Sally. Congratulations Hun. I've only just seen your ticker now. I'm so happy for you. I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months. Grow little bean grow. I can't wait to hear updates.
I haven't been tempted to poas at all. I've had 2 many let downs since ttc so I tend to just wait now to see if AF shows up or not. I've got my prescription for heparin do I'm hoping I get to use it next week, even thought he thoughts of injecting myself every day is very very scary. Xxx

Hi Friends ...:hi:

Just wanted to give y'all an update... a quick one...

I got my BFP on Monday, with the CB digi... But then the next evening, Tuesday.. I started having cramps and brown gunk (mud) ... Still had my bfp with a FRER then... But Wednesday I had more gunk and more cramping but got a bfn on FRER... Then today.... tested again with FRER... bfn with a LOT of bleeding....

Soooo No baby for us this month - for a long while actually (IF we ttc again) I'm DONE for now for sure tho...

Thanks girls for all your support... Xoxo

Unfortunately I have also had a chemical - BFP with First response (not Early Result, a 25mlu dippy one) on Mon, Fainter BFP on Wed, BFN on one Discover test 15mlu (same as a FRER) on Thurs, weak BFP's on FR, woke up in night to pee so thought all was well, but then bleeding heavily this morning (Fri). I'll test agin once I stop bleeding to be sure but I know what the answer will be. I can't beleive this has happened to both of us but evidently it's very common, it's just that with the more sensitive tests we know sooner when we are pregnant so know that this is happening to us, where as in our parent's days it would have been chalked up as a late period. ignorance is bliss, eh.

oh girls im so so sorry!i cant imagine how hard it must be seeing your bfp and then this happening!! im heartbroken for you both... im here for absolutely anything you need and im sending you both sooo much love and hugs.
you'll be in my thoughts as always xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Tanya. Its hard to believe I'm already 8 weeks along. We're just taking each day one at a time and being thankful for every good healthy day that passes.

Nikki and Kelly, I am so so sorry this has happened to you both. I hope you are both doing ok and looking after yourselves. Get plenty of rest and pamper yourselves a bit. Try to keep positive though - I had a chemical the month before I caught with this one, so there's plenty of hope for the future (if you feel like getting straight back on with TTC). I did wonder whether to wait a cycle, but we just decided to see what would happen and got lucky! Its weird though, the chemical has made me more worried about another loss than my second tri loss. I think its because you read about how common early loss is and I'm just so scared of early loss or MMC, whereas I'm remaining hopeful that no-one would be so unlucky to have two later losses. I must remember to keep thinking those positive thoughts though and not get bogged down in the maybes or what-ifs!
Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to say that I'm sending you both lots of love, hugs and positve vibes

Thanks Tanya. Its hard to believe I'm already 8 weeks along. We're just taking each day one at a time and being thankful for every good healthy day that passes.

Nikki and Kelly, I am so so sorry this has happened to you both. I hope you are both doing ok and looking after yourselves. Get plenty of rest and pamper yourselves a bit. Try to keep positive though - I had a chemical the month before I caught with this one, so there's plenty of hope for the future (if you feel like getting straight back on with TTC). I did wonder whether to wait a cycle, but we just decided to see what would happen and got lucky! Its weird though, the chemical has made me more worried about another loss than my second tri loss. I think its because you read about how common early loss is and I'm just so scared of early loss or MMC, whereas I'm remaining hopeful that no-one would be so unlucky to have two later losses. I must remember to keep thinking those positive thoughts though and not get bogged down in the maybes or what-ifs!
Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to say that I'm sending you both lots of love, hugs and positve vibes

Thanks Sally .. (right? Sorry, been a bit absent and all the names are mush):blush:

I think I honestly hate this more for Nikki than myself ... Really wanted this month to be HER month ... :hugs:

I'm so sorry ladies, try to remain positive. These things are very common, and although that doesn't make it easier it should give you lots of hope. xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->