Short history bout me, had 5 miscarriages in total and 2 live births

1993 - Son born healthy
1997 - D&C for irregular and extremely heavy periods
2001 - daughter born February 2001 health
September 2001 - miscarraige 6 weeks - D&C
October 2007 - miscarriage 10 weeks - D&C
June 2009 - miscarriage 9 weeks ERPC
September - chemical pg no intervention
November - heterotopic loss - methetrexate and natural MC.

So as you can see 3 D&C and 1 ERPC. As you can also see i have no problems getting pregnant just cant keep hold of it. Since my daugher was born i have had 5 miscarriages all at different times. All first tri losses.

I am currently undergoing both fertility and recurrent miscarriage testing with follow up appointment this week. I have been reading some posts where ladies have had HSG and had success but wonder whether this would be of benefit for me, it was briefly mentioned in my last RMC appointment but becuase my scan was pretty clear it had been by passed.

I just wondered if you think after 3 D&C which are effectively "scrapes" whether there could be some scarring?

I am pretty clued up on everything else just wondered if anybody had any advice so I can ask more questions on Wednesday/Thu

Thank you xx

firstly im sooo sorry for your losses hun!!! :hugs:
secondly i think if your concerned about scarring inside from the D&Cs is there someway they can check that?? a camera inside or something?? hmm not even sure if that is something they do...
i hope they find the answers soon and you have a beautiful 9 months hun
xxx

https://www.miscarriageassociation....tigations following recurrent miscarriage.pdf

I would visit the attached miscarriage association leaflet - this gives you all the testing that they should be looking at when you've gone through recurrent miscarriages.

Hope you get some answers.

very sorry for all you have gone through

hx

A hsg wouldnt bebenfit you as this just looks at your tubes. so if you where not getting pregnant or you had an ectopic then this would be good. But that does not seem to be your problem. Have they always ruled out that none of them where ectopic? What may be good for you which is what i had done, is a lap and dye. You are put to sleep and they insert a camera in and have a look around. They can check for scaring ect as well as pcos and other problems. they do also look at your tubes.

Sorry i have jumped in from pregnancy. I had a lap done and was told i wouild never conceive as my tuebs where blocked. 1 year later im almost 36 weeks pregnant and i did conceive naturally so it certainly helped me.

A hsg wouldnt bebenfit you as this just looks at your tubes. so if you where not getting pregnant or you had an ectopic then this would be good. But that does not seem to be your problem. Have they always ruled out that none of them where ectopic? What may be good for you which is what i had done, is a lap and dye. You are put to sleep and they insert a camera in and have a look around. They can check for scaring ect as well as pcos and other problems. they do also look at your tubes.

Sorry i have jumped in from pregnancy. I had a lap done and was told i wouild never conceive as my tuebs where blocked. 1 year later im almost 36 weeks pregnant and i did conceive naturally so it certainly helped me.

Hi hun my last miscarriage was ectopic in November 2009. It was one in tube and one in uterus so heterotopic.

I dont have PCOS i have had the scan for that and my chromosome tests are normal and hormonally I have acquired lupus anticoagulant (just a posh name for blood clotting disorder).

I just wondered because of all the D*C.s i had had xx

And congrats by the way xx

Fluffy,
Did they do a lap with your ectopic? Were u able to keep your tube or not? Because I know with both of my ectopic they did a lap and my doctor checked around at everything else and put dye through my tube to see if it was ok. You may want to check with your surgeon to see how everything looked if a Lap was done.

No Puppymom I kept my tubes i was diagnosed via scan I had the methotrexate shot. I am at hospital tomorrow so am gonna write all my q's down tonight !

Hi hun i dont have any advice, but just want to wish you luck for tomorrow x x x

I would ask about getting at lap dye usually if u keep the tube they want to do a dye after the tube is healed to make sure it is open. They did this with me the first time with an HSG but like I said the second time they did it with a lap. You may want to go straight for the Lap dye so they can check out everything else all at once. Best of luck to you.

I would ask about getting at lap dye usually if u keep the tube they want to do a dye after the tube is healed to make sure it is open. They did this with me the first time with an HSG but like I said the second time they did it with a lap. You may want to go straight for the Lap dye so they can check out everything else all at once. Best of luck to you.

Hun I dont need one I have a blood clotting disorder APS - antiphospholipid syndrome so I know my reasons for MC. No doesnt give me answer for ectopic but hey if you roll the dice enough times...

Is there anything they can give you to help with that? Did you just find this out today at the Hospital?

The gyno is sending me for a HSG, he says its not just to check your tubes out, it will also check out the shape of your uterus and pick up anything irregular going on in there like tissue etc left behind, my tubes are working well, his explination was to have this to check my uterus specifically as he's not worried about my tubes, so they must be able to see things with a HSG as well Im guessing.

Is there anything they can give you to help with that? Did you just find this out today at the Hospital?

Hi hun yes I found out at the recurrent miscarriage clinic yesterday. I have to take aspirin and heparin injections daily when I get my BFP and hopefully it will stick !

That is great news at least now u know why and it can be treated best of luck to you.

Thats excellent news, from what Ive read they work very well! Sticky beanie is not to far away now!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->