3 DPO anyone?! **12 BFPs so far & 2 lil angels

Steph, your story about “Detroit” is so hilarious. It is a cool idea to send your sister in law a picture of Detroit as a clue. In regards to names, I personally love all the names starting with J, like John, Jason, Jonathan, James…
Madeline, is it hard not to share the news with your husband? I bet it is… Well, I can only imagine how happy he will be to hear that he is going to be a dad… All our DHs...
Ifrans, I am with you on testing. I am not sure if I will have enough guts to test on Sunday… Somehow it is easier for me not to test and just wait eventhough it is driving me crazy… If AF does not arrive by next Tuesday, it will mean that I have a good chance.
Kesh, you are still in, right?
:flower: and :hugs:

Madline and Ifrans, I totally forgot to explain the correlation/causation thing...! My major and 2 minors were in foreign languages but I did manage one normal minor in psychology! I have also done a research project on my own that was me driving across the country asking people about social media and its effect on happiness on people...but doing a study was driving home the point of correlation/causation. I wish this was taught from middle school on. Critical thinking skills, despite so much more information with the internet, are becoming a lost art (I don't totally mean that...but it is actually becoming less emphasized which is sad)

So Ifrans....does he notice them feeling heavier now?? Good for you and Lenka waiting so long to test. I usually test at 11 dpo but I think I'll still test on Sunday. That's still good for me! I picked up some dollar store tests that I have never used before...must...be...patient...

Yup I'm still in the game. I'm sure my temp will come back up tomorrow...
Does anyone know if you feel implantation cramps?! I've been crampy all day, not af cramps, just weird uterusy feeling cramps haha if that makes any sense!

Steph, I can't wait to hear you have a BFP so we can celebrate the upcoming arrival of baby "Detroit". Haha! What languages did you study? I minored in Spanish in college and sometimes wish linguistics was my field, I'm certainly better at it than some of this sciencey stuff!

DH got teary and was happy/scared, excited, etc. HE is applying for jobs online right now-nothing like knowing a baby is coming to get a man to the task of being the breadwinner. He actually applies for jobs a lot, I just see a fire in him now.

Lenka and lfrans- I am impressed that you can wait, even when BFNs get you down. I got too obsessive, but the I am frustrated that I wasted a test when I knew it would likely not yield anything...only to turn around and do it again. I did not see BFP until 13DPO, and yes, I will test again tomorrow and probably every day until the due date ha! Just kidding......

Kesh- I hear people mention Implantation cramps- I've heard them referred to as more mild than AF cramps, but more like a tugging or pulling in the uterus area.
Fingers crossed!!!!!

So, in the whole day of being pregnant that I've had now under my belt, I can say that I feel absolutely starving, get somewhat short of breath when I get up too fast (I attruibte this to how much blood volume begins to increase when you are first pregnant. It does it early on and then later on near T3, I think- both at faster rates than any other time). I also have kind of stretchy/crampy feelings in uterus.

As for names, if it's a girl it will be Anjali Rogan- we've had that name for years. If it's a boy, it might be Rogan or Holden - not sure yet.

It sounds like we all have really awesome DH/DB/DF, etc. Lucky us! They support is in this TTC journey and even make the sacrifice of testing our boobs for us. I love that one!

Ready- I hope you sleep well tonight, unless NOT sleeping well means a BFP is coming your way! Also, when do you make the career change so you can volunteer full time?

Good night all!

Madeline - just to chime in, that is definitely a line! :happydance: Gosh I am so excited for you. And neurotic is a strong word - I'm sure you will be very in tune with everything that is going on and very careful about taking care of your bean. :hugs: Hope those lines just get darker and darker! Also, LOVE your names!

Steph - Love the Detroit idea. Although now they may think you are having a broke baby! :haha: You joke, but I'm sure there is a Detroit out there! We live in a very hippie-esque neighborhood and a friend of ours with two kids met a Match and Arrow (sisters) on the playground a few weeks ago. They also met a Larry, which when juxtaposed, really made me laugh.

And DF definitely hates testing out the bbs as well haha - actually he might, because mine get so sore that's about as close as he gets to them for about 10 days! :haha: Also, you were only temporarily incorrect, as today I am EXHAUSTED!

AFM, I am exhausted today, and I've had two noticeable things - #1, I feel itchy, particularly my breasts. However, this is a hard one to read, as I have also had a breast surgery (reduction) and I find that my scars will get very itchy sometimes. Lenka, if you have scars, do you find that as well? #2 - I have felt crampy, which is pretty normal, except I usually have cramps and pains around my ovaries and this time it is more around my uterus, right above my pelvic bone. Although not a sign, I thought this was really awesome - last night my parents came over to celebrate D-Day (the day I was adopted, which we celebrate like a birthday, and called D day because my name is Dominique.) My dad gave me a card with irises on the front, and inside he wrote all about the history of irises, including what they symbolize, the meaning of the name, their mythological history, etc. (We are huge nerds.) Then he said how I have always reminded him of these characteristics. My mind was a little blown because for two weeks I've been telling DF I want to name our first daughter IRIS!!! I may have teared up a bit..... :blush:

So Steph is testing on Sunday, July 21, any others with solid ideas of when they are testing? Lfrans, sounds like you will be July 23-25, I plan on holding out until the 26th. I hear you on hating the BFNs! Tynmeg, any updates on your symptoms? It sounds like you, Lfrans, Lenka and Kesh all have some promising signs! FX. :)

Well I could have sworn I saw something on my two ic this am. Think Evaps. I had a pretty
nasty evap last cycle so I want to wait and see what the next test says before I use my last frer. Don't think this is the month regardless. I think I just want it so bad my body's throwing me these vague symptoms. Af is due Tuesday-ish, so well see! Ill take my last frer tomorrow probably

madeline - great names! your symptoms sound pretty normal for early pregnancy as far as i know (and somewhat based on my limited experience). I hope your DH gets a job soon, mine has a job he isnt happy in and is looking (again, this is job #3 since last year).

Ready - i was itchy a few days ago... maybe its a symptom! no idea! But scars do get itchy too... are you itchy around your scar? Iris is a beautiful name, hopefully you will be able to use it soon. You are spot on with my potential testing dates, but as i get closer, i may be tempted to test earlier...

Kesh - looks like your temp went up today, woohoo! Mine is on a slow crawl up since it dipped 2 days ago... I dunno... I am trying hard not to overthink every little thing, but im so bad at that!

Steph - they dont seem too heavy to me today, they seemed it the other day. but maybe i got used to them, he wont give me an answer - doesnt want to give me the wrong one....

Lenka - agreed wrt testing, but really do what you are comfortable with.

AFM, I did not sleep last night... I woke up around 3 and tossed and turned trying to fall back asleep til 5 when i finally got up and watched tv. now im exhausted! no symptoms otherwise that im noticing...

Natto--your dad seems sooo sweet to have done that for you! And yes, Iris is a beautiful name :hugs: If you have a boy, do you have any names in store? About Detroit--you're right, there are a lot of crazy names out there...I always thought it would be amusing to name a kid's middle name "And the 40 Thieves" So Let's say...Iris A. Smith. Oh, honey, what does the A stand for? Anne? No! AND THE FORTY THIEVES Hehe just kidding. About Detroit, I love Michigan. I visited a friend in a suburb there and it was just beautiful. The whole state is. The U.P., everything.

Kesh--it's still so very early hon! You may feel out, and honestly, you can very well be but dont count yourself out because of how early it still is. I don't feel like this is my month either. Frustrating. With every month, and I'm not freaking out because it hasn't been too many, but the fears the doctors were right get me each time. I know I'm young and so are you so there is definitely time.

Very disappointing DH broke his ankle, poor guy. We'll find out on Monday if he'll need surgery or not. I feel bad, his youngest brother is coming in to town today to spend the weekend with us for his 21st birthday. Next weekend, his other brother is coming in for the week. We had plans for backpacking 2 different times in August. Also, we've been planning for quite some time that when he gets a job, we'll take time off work and go and travel somewhere. (Eastern Europe, Ireland/Scotland, or the Camino de Santiago again) We especially wanted to do this before a baby is in our future. Now with a cast on his foot for at LEAST 2 months and only that short if he doesn't need surgery, all the plans are down the tubes. I guess that's how life goes...

Madeline--I studied Spanish as my major, I got minors in Japanese and German but I studied Chinese quite a bit but more after college in Taiwan. That's so sweet that DH got all teary eyed....Is he networking to find jobs? Here's to hoping that fire under his butt will get him something fast! I swear that's the only way to find them these days...still no luck with my hubby either. I think he's feeling pretty discouraged.

10 DPO and wouldn't I feel something if I were indeed preggo? I am kind of glad we only got one bd in because if I felt like we took full advantage of this month and if I felt more hopeful, then this tww would go sooooo slow!

Thanks for being such a support. Things are getting exciting and I can't wait for more testing!!:hugs:

My gosh, all your posts are so warm, kind and attentive, I just cannot keep up with them. But I do read every single word written in them and it fills me with warmness. :hugs: I wish from the bottom of my heart that you all get BFP this cycle or at least next one for sure, and that your DH find a job that they can only dream of!!! You are just amazing. And funny. :winkwink:

Well, about me now. Last night I had a dream again that the witch got me. I woke up around 6am literally sweating!!!

My scars from breast augmentation are so small they are almost invisible, my Doc was such a pro. So they do not itch a bit. But my left nipple is so sensitive today. That is it. No other syptoms at all. :nope: I am not tired, no cramping, nothing... At least, the temp is still up!

Madeline, how do you feel today?

Hi Ladies
I was a regular on bnb about 3 years ago when I was expecting my first son. Took a little dip back when I was expecting my second in March. Unfortunately, that only lasted a couple of days as we found out it was ectopic just a few days later. I was treated with mtx, then they decided to remove my right tube as I'd be flying home a week later and they didnt want to risk a rupture on the plane. So now here we are in July...after waiting the recommended 3 months to ttc after mtx dose. Both earlier pregnancies were unplanned but welcomed so its weird to be in the "ttc" category for the first time. I've been reading all of your posts since june and am sending tons of baby dust your way. I ovluated around the 15th of July and am now waiting. I too am taking every twinge/pain as a sign I'm pregnant...I'm so ready for another little one! DH (ahhh, feels good to call him that) works overseas and leaves mid august so if we dont get a BFP this month we've got one more try before he's gone for at least 3 months...

It feels good to be back!

Steph - great attitude, but you never really know. Not everyone seems to have symptoms prior to a BFP and many people with symptoms are not pregnant...

Lenka- dreams are funny. dont worry about it until AF shows up you are still in the game!!

Birthday Baby- welcome! Sorry to hear about the ectopic pregnancy. So scary. When I had my miscarriage in april, they never were able to 100% rule out ectopic, so I also had mtx. Wow, it really took a toll on me, I was totally out of it for atleast a week. My doctor told me I could start trying again after 1 cycle. They did not even recommend extra folic acid, but I have been taking extra anyways. How are you feeling now? What does your husband do overseas? (btw - congrats on wedding :))

AFM - Its 6:30 am, I have been up for about 2 hours. I cannot sleep!! Im tired, fall asleep early-ish but am up by 4ish the past 2 days (which is exactly what happened to me when i got BFP last time...) so im cautiously optimistic. I was feeling very claustrophobic yesterday while working in a humid room, but the heat at one point in the day was so hot that the ac was useless.... so i dunno... could be nothing. I was also pretty hungry yesterday and was craving meat for the past few days.

Good morning ladies, today is 10 dpo, I officially made it past 9 to test. I woke up at 5 am needing to pee so I decided to test, as Madeline would say, drum roll please....BFP. :) I sat there picking up the test and putting it back down, just to make sure the line was really there. Then I woke up my DW and asked her to look to make sure I wasn't seeing things. She sees it too! It's a light line but definitely there and in color. I'm going to keep testing to make sure the line gets darker. I'm so excited but a lil nervous too. Praying for sticky little beans and more BFPs!

Attachments

• test - 10 dpo.jpg
    test - 10 dpo.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 75
Tynmeg, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :yipee::headspin::dance: That is awesome!

2nd BFP in this group!!! lalala :thumbup::hugs:

Birthday Baby, welcome to the group! Hopefully this is the luckiest thread of all! :winkwink:
Ladies, who is testing next? I might test tomorrow (Sunday) morning if I have enough nerves. I just need to study the whole day and concentrate, I do not want to be distracted by "not good" test result...

Yes, welcome birthday baby to the group. We have a great bunch on here. Speaking of "birthday baby" I was playing with a website to see what my due date would be...it's my birthday! What a present that would be! And even it he/she wasn't born on the due date, which normally they aren't, I still think it's super cool! :)

Thanks you ladies! I've been missing some bnb love in my life!
Ifrans - my husband plays basketball professionally. He was playing for this new Canadian league NBDL but this is his first season getting his foot in the door overseas. He's really dedicated and works hard. I'm super happy for him but also want to punch him in the stomach for have to be away for so long :wink:

Tynmeg-congratulations! I definitely see the line too!!! So exciting! There's something special about sharing birthdays, or even having them close. We're like two press in a pod!

Lenka78-thanks, I hope so too! Good luck studying.

I'm only almost a week-ish dpo but I've been exhausted. I also seem to have a little tummy... I know it sounds crazy but the second time sound I looked like I was three months at 6weeks. I guess your body remembers what to do and gets things moving right away. Here's to some more BFPs

Didn't we say July was going to be a good month????!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: Congrats!!!!!!!! Sooo excited for you! When's your birthday?? How many dpo again?? I'm still waiting to test tomorrow...can't wait for more updates from you and Madeline!!

10 dpo today and my birthday is April 3. :) I'll keep yas updated and hopefully the lines get darker. Fx and I had a great feeling about our group for July too. :)

10 dpo today and my birthday is April 3. :) I'll keep yas updated and hopefully the lines get darker. Fx and I had a great feeling about our group for July too. :)

Tynmeg, please keep us posted. Question: have u had any cramps? I am asking because I have not. As a matter of fact it feels so nice in my stomach... Do not know if it is a good sign or not really...

Cramps and gas have been really my only symptom. They are different cramps, something like mild AF cramps with twinges and pulling sensations that are sometimes on the right and other times on the left. My bbs aren't sore yet and I really haven't been that tired, if anything, I have a bit of insomnia.
Everyone is very different though, so don't let "no cramps" bum you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->