3 DPO anyone?! **12 BFPs so far & 2 lil angels

Lenka, you aren't out yet. I know you will keep us posted!

I am curious how many months on average it usually to get a BFP. I know it varies woman to woman. My understanding is ~6 months as an average, and a little more as you are older.

We have been NTNP really since January, though we were not BD quite a lot from Jan-March, mainly due to stress. Finally in March DH gave the OK to start. I think it took me 5 cycles to get my BFP, but of course that is just me and my body. And it is still so early in the game to know what the destiny of my little bean is. Of course I'm extremely excited and sending out only positive thoughts about the future of our little bean, and I'm also trying to stay in the space of being realistic that it's just a fledgling right now - can't predict it's future just yet.

I need to go to the doctor now, but can't seem to find how to make an appointment. When I go online to make an appointment, it just says that I should walk in to take a pregnancy test...so that is what I'll do tomorrow I guess. I have Kaiser Permanente insurance (I think only on the West coast). I like them, but sometimes in an effort to triage people online and avoid in-person contact, they can be a little too vague. I guess I just assumed there would be some official appointment. Maybe they want me to do the labwork first to verify and then the go for the official appointments....

Tynmeg, have you been do the doctor yet?

Lenka, you aren't out yet. I know you will keep us posted!

I am curious how many months on average it usually to get a BFP. I know it varies woman to woman. My understanding is ~6 months as an average, and a little more as you are older.

Took us 11 months with #1, and I was 24 at the time. Now 27 and we're again at 11 months (started trying last August). So not sure why we're at the long end compared to the "average".
Though I'd heard 12 months was "normal".

Trying not to symptom spot. No idea really as I am not paying too much attention to the CM etc. I had little to no symptoms with my first till I was over a week late. No spotting, only cramps at the time AF was due.
Blood test tomorrow to confirm ovulation, so if that's positive. then I presume a test the following week will be done to check for HCG, then if that's positive then it'll be off for a scan to make sure it's in the right place.

We're at risk of loss to 20 weeks, was the same with my first, and given DH's morph results a higher risk of genetic mutation so much fun when you're young and being put in the same basket as the "older" mothers :(

Madline--I'm pretty sure the average is around six months like you say, at least for in your twenties. Obviously as a person gets older, it takes a bit longer. If you've been trying for 12 months in your twenties, then they say to go to the dr but not before then. If in your mid thirties, they say only wait six months. The dr recommended six months for me. The only problem I have with that data is that a lot of women don't know their schedule or their body. (bnb forums obviously not the general population). I know each month exactly what day I ovulate so I'd think that I would be more likely to get pregnant if all the circumstances were ideal. (And other women who track their body closely.)

Thanks so much for your kind words, you and Tynmeg...you are so right. I can't WAIT FOR THAT AHA MOMENT THOUGH ARRGGHHH!! Today was an awful day at work and put that with PMS and being crazy tired = :cry::cry: in the work bathroom. Haha laughed with my sil over the phone so feeling better now...and of course, coming here. I knew you madeline especially would understand the stress. I feel bad for your dh who takes on stress pretty hard. :(

Yes--before proceeding on any appointments, they have you take a test at their office. I've never made it past the first visit (I had a mc by then both times)

291 you are probably wise not to start symptom spotting so early even though dang it's hard sometimes!!

Lenka--this is cycle #3 for us. My cycles have been off since the chemical in May. Hoping next month will be better for both of us. I'll be testing tomorrow morning too with fmu but being realistic that it's unlikely despite how bad I want it!

birthdaybaby--BEAUTIFUL FAMILY :hugs: How cute. Good luck to you this month

I started spotting, looks like blood... Sitting here crying... It is so upsetting... Another month of this torture?....

Oh Lenka I am so sorry. I feel your pain really I do.:hugs::hugs::hugs: I hate it when ladies brag about their fertility super power...when it can be so hard for the rest of.us.

Hi everyone!

Steph, my heart was going out to you all day, I read your post this morning but couldn't respond until tonight. Vent away! We all have those times when it just feels like the universe won't send one single moment in the sun, and you look around at people and wonder why they are getting all of the good moments! Every time that happens (hearing someone got a new job, got pregnant, new house, engaged, etc.) I just think to myself, "one day it will be my day. And on that day they will celebrate, so today I muster up some happiness for them." And trust me, especially when it comes to legal jobs, I mean MUSTER. Keep the faith lady, no one as wonderful as you is going to go through an ebb for too long! :hugs: And I truly admire your educational background - I have a soft spot for languages, as my dad speaks 8! I speak one...:blush:.... my parents always spoke French around my brother and me, but only so we wouldn't know what they were saying! :growlmad: Anyway, I'm sorry the disappointment and PMS have gotten to you, I'm glad you had your SIL there to help get you out of it a bit. And as for winning an argument....well, my grandmother used to tell me that was practically my biggest (and maybe my only) talent! :haha:

Lenka - How are you? I am so sorry that you got AF. I know it is awful and you wanted your BFP so badly. :hugs: We are here for you! I wish I could say something to make it better, but I know I can't. I'm just happy that we have found this group and I know we will all be in First Trimester together soon. :hugs::hugs:

BirthdayBaby - beautiful family! I bet you are very excited to give him a little brother or sister! How many months out of the year does your DH travel? I am also happy to have a DPO buddy! I may have missed it, but when do you plan on testing? I hope we both have good news very soon!

Lfrans - How is the spotting and the temps? I am so hoping it is a sign of a BFP and not AF! FX for you!

Madeline - So happy you have some clothes that work for you! I'm so bloated and don't even know if I'm pregnant or not yet - I kind of want a belly band for the TWW! :wacko: I have heard a lot of women on here say the Dollar Tree tests are the best, but I've never been able to find them. And it is lovely to see your BFPs! :flower: Sounds like you are staying in a wonderful place of nurturing and positive energy for your little bean. I'm sure that helps alleviate some of the anxiety (at least I hope it does!)

Fran - I hear you on putting a lot of energy into things - we decided to NTNP, but then I came home with preseed, OPKs and the like! :haha: Hey, I have never been the type who could easily "go with the flow", and DF knows that by now. :haha: The side of my armpits are hurting me so badly! Hope it's a good sign for both of us!

Tynmeg - Yey for darker BFPs and for your DW being so excited with you! When do you get your blood work done? I can't wait to get my BFP and join you in First Trimester - FX this is my month!

291 - Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! I'm sorry to hear that things have been hard on you, hoping 11 is your lucky number and this is your month! :flower:

Thanks ladies, that's my favorite pic from our engagement session.

Ifrans- not tmi, I'm doing the same thing hoping for some good CM or possible IB...or just any sign... ANY SIGN!!! FX for you and everyone else!

Sorry Lenka, I just read the last page of posts. Here's some super baby dust to you for next month. Sending tons of hugs your way.

And Steph, sorry I must have missed a post. Big fat HUGS to you too! Baby dust baby dust baby dust!

Natto - thanks, I was going to test on tues but now I think I'll wait... when we're you planning? Maybe Friday? DH is usually away for 5 to six months total, with a break around Christmas. It was tough, but manageable when the little guy was young but now its a lot tougher since he's more verbal and my parents are moving provinces. Hoping for BFPs for both of us. I'm so ready for a baby, I'm just worried that I'm going to have problems with only one tube. I know for sure I OV on the left this month, I could feel it so it's unlikely that I'll get pregnant next month on the right next month before DH leaves. Waaaaa.

Sorry if I miss anyone's news. I'm always logging in on my smartphone with a really small screen!

Sorry to hear that Lenka. What a shitty feeling :(

I got my BFP! I got my BFP! It's 4:56 am and DF doesn't know yet, I had to tell you guys! Don't even have a clue what to do with myself, I woke up to pee and tested on a whim, thought it was way too early at 9 DPO. OMG!! :happydance:

Wow congrats natto!!!!! What were your symptoms by dpo?

Wwwwooooohhhhhooooo xxxxx

birthdaybaby - beautiful family!! you all look so happy.

Steph- I feel sometimes that this is the only place where I can vent re-ttc, we are all in the same boat and totally get it. This month sucked for you, and Im really sorry about that. Hopefully next month is the one!!

Lenka - so sorry, I have been there so many times. Let it out, just think that at the en of all of this torture, you will end up with a beautiful baby. (I told my husband after my miscarriage that i was done trying and we should look into adoption.... I totally get the frustration!)

Natto - yayayayyayay so excited for you!!!!!

291/clacko... hope this is your month too!!

AFM.... I did not sleep well at all, woke up at midnight, then again at 4, had a bad dream where i got a bfn. I took my temp around 5ish after trying to fall back asleep and it dropped which really upset me. Around 5:30 I had to pee and was debating with myself if i should test... Pre-peeing i checked for spotting and there was none. So i decided to test..... and BFP!!!!!!!
I am scared because of my temp drop that this is a chemical... but the BFP was very strong.

Frans what dpo are you and what were your symptoms?

Maybe your temp was off with you not sleeping? Don't do temping so dont know :-/

Massive congrats! So many bfps already!!!

clacko- I am 14dpo today. Symptoms have been pretty minimal. boobs grew pretty early on, i have not been sleeping properly since about 10dpo, fatigue (but Im not sleeping so....) ive been bloated, on and off light cramps and 12-13dpo I had very light spotting. I have to say that i have been trying since january and had 2 bfps (1st ended in april at 7weeks) every month that i think i could be pregnant and seem to have every symptom, af comes, and the 2 months where im pretty sure im out, i get a bfp....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Oh Ready, I am so thrilled to hear it!! We must have early prego insomnia together, as it is 4:41 am and I can't sleep. It must be because I needed to see your wonderful news!!

Thank you for sharing here first! So thoughtful. Oh, DH will wake up to a wonderful surprise. You knew it too, all along......

:hugs:

Lenka, oh, I am so sorry that AF got ya. Ugh. Treat yourself well this cycle. I recall somebody on this thread (Ready or Steph) mentioning their desire to see AF in a positive light, as it means that your body functions well and it's a since of your capacity to carry life. We will be here for ya when you do get that BFP, don't you worry...

291- sending good thoughts as you have your dr visit today. I hope you are in excellent hands and get the info you need, plus the BD you need too, lol!!

birthdaybaby- I agree with the others- what a gorgeous, vibrant family. I can envision what the family pic will be when you add 1 more. Fx that you get your BFP before DH heads off again. Having done the long distance thing with my DH a few times, I know how hard it is. I especially admire your strength to be a part-time single mom when DH is away. I can only imagine that is challenging at times, so I hope you have a baby bump to keep you both company when he is gone this time.

Steph- I just love how you can keep things in perspective. So sorry you are feeling PMS and having 'one of those phases' of life where things are not going as planned. I hope a good cry, followed by a good laugh are just what you needed. Funny how we can run the gamut of emotions in one day, especially around AF time. Couples like you and DH are just meant to have kids, you'll bring such a great perspective on life to a child - Fx that you get both your BFP and your sticky bean soon!

AFM, nothing much to report here. Boobs sort of hurt, and this insomnia won't quit. Kind of annoying, but I get to keep up on my BnB this way!!

Kesh-how are you?

Tynmeg- any symptoms to report?

lfrans- how are you?

Sorry if I missed anyone!

clacko- I am 14dpo today. Symptoms have been pretty minimal. boobs grew pretty early on, i have not been sleeping properly since about 10dpo, fatigue (but Im not sleeping so....) ive been bloated, on and off light cramps and 12-13dpo I had very light spotting. I have to say that i have been trying since january and had 2 bfps (1st ended in april at 7weeks) every month that i think i could be pregnant and seem to have every symptom, af comes, and the 2 months where im pretty sure im out, i get a bfp....

sorry lfrans, I answered my own question when I looked back at the posts! Is AF due today?

I'm 6dpo today. Feeling a bit urgh today and don't really know why, no particular reason just feeling off! Iv got a stuffy nose still and a slight ache around my ovaries but not overly noticeable! Cervix this morning was high, soft and opening was facing my back so couldn't reach to feel it! X

Readyfornatto, my congratulations!!!! :dance::hugs:
Do you remember you said you just felt you were pregnant? You were sooo right!!! Wowow!!!!!! So happy for you!

AF got me this morning... I am trying to stay positive and move onto August cycle with new positive energy... If you remember, my BF had a surgery under general anesthesia, which usually knocks out the sperm count almost down to 0. It was just before my O. So maybe that was the reason...

Once again, congratulations! I will miss you guys so much...

Have a nice day everyone! :flower:

birthdaybaby - beautiful family!! you all look so happy.

Steph- I feel sometimes that this is the only place where I can vent re-ttc, we are all in the same boat and totally get it. This month sucked for you, and Im really sorry about that. Hopefully next month is the one!!

Lenka - so sorry, I have been there so many times. Let it out, just think that at the en of all of this torture, you will end up with a beautiful baby. (I told my husband after my miscarriage that i was done trying and we should look into adoption.... I totally get the frustration!)

Natto - yayayayyayay so excited for you!!!!!

291/clacko... hope this is your month too!!

AFM.... I did not sleep well at all, woke up at midnight, then again at 4, had a bad dream where i got a bfn. I took my temp around 5ish after trying to fall back asleep and it dropped which really upset me. Around 5:30 I had to pee and was debating with myself if i should test... Pre-peeing i checked for spotting and there was none. So i decided to test..... and BFP!!!!!!!
I am scared because of my temp drop that this is a chemical... but the BFP was very strong.

lfrans, may I say congratulations to you too??? FX that is a good real BFP!!! :happydance::hugs::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->