3 DPO anyone?! **12 BFPs so far & 2 lil angels

Steph, thanks for the info. I'm constantly learning about the wonder that the female body is! Thats great news. After my ectopic surgery, the doctor also informed me that eggs from the right Ov can sometimes drift across and find their way to the left tube. I had no idea!...and I teach biology. DH will be gone six months but according to the schedule he might have a break for two weeks at christmas...hope so! Yup, I'm born and raised in Vancouver. I actually used to live just off commercial drive...it'd be awesome to be back there for my possible upcoming cravings!

Madeline, its definitely different. Its awesome to be prepared and excited for whats coming...dtd without precautions is also nice...but its definitely a lot more stressful. Also, before, the symptoms kind of hit me in the face and caused me to test...now I'm paying attention to every little cramp, fart, and wipe (sorry, that was a really gross sentence). But again, it feels great to be excited and look forward to a new addition.

Kesh, sorry to hear about AF. Uh, doesnt she have better things to do ;) Wishing you all the best next month!

lfrans Oooh, maybe we can look forward to a future baby play date! And those are some very dark lines. Congratuations!

Natto- I'm with you 100%, I might be new to the group but this experience has just been wonderful. DH always asks if I've talked to my friends today....is anyone new pregnant :) It prob a nice break for him that I have somewhere to talk about my symptoms/questions/worries. He's getting a lot of "Does my stomach look pregnant?" "I was pretty tired last night...do you think I'm pregnant."
I think I might test tomorrow morning. There's one test left in the bathroom that I just cant stop thinking about...Your intuition was bang on. Congrats again!

291 woo hoo that you OV! Now for the BFP...this month is your lucky 11!

Afm... sadly nothing new to report at the moment. Feeling nauseous but that could be the big bag of popcorn I just scoffed down at the theatres. I'll let you all know the results tomorrow!

I don't have much to write but I wanted to say I love your posts, Natto, so interesting and funny!! I told my dh about what you said to your bf about the bfp (how you told us first cause it was ungodly early :haha:) :blush: He thought it was really amusing too. I laughed out loud. And so sweet he plays songs while you post!! Sounds absolutely divine. :hugs:Oh dear, about the health insurance! That is a very good question about the "pre existing condition" you're not an insurance expert so don't feel bad." So tricky here in the States... This is a good thing to be thinking about for us too because our insurance is also over in September! What are we thinking, trying for a baby??:haha:

Birthday can't wait to see the results of your test!! GOOD LUCK!

291 You'd wait til 14 dpo to test??! *bows in respect*

lfrans...that is THE darkest test I have seen yet on one of these forums. :hugs: Totally understand your reservations so I hope the next few weeks fly by til your first appt!

Lenka, Kesh--*makes a toast* Let's enjoy this DELICIOUS wine while we still can!

DH goes into surgery tomorrow morning early for his ankle. The surgeon looked at the x-ray today and said "gross" so you know that's not a good sign!:haha::haha: He was a marine, and hurt that same ankle during boot camp...so at 32 he has quite a bit of arthritis and cysts and bone spurs...PLUS the break. My poor old guy! He should be home by either tomorrow night or the next morning :happydance:

o_O QUICK QUESTION

This just dawned on me. So you know how I said I oed crazy early this cycle, to make the shortest cycle I've ever had. It should end up being 25, where my shortest has been 28 and that's only ever happened once. I was gauging this from my ewcm... so I check my cm of course, and it was getting more and more fertile starting from a Sunday. I had two days of that and then it dried up halfway through Tuesday afternoon so I assumed I had ovulated either Monday night or early Tuesday.

Is it possible to o LATER than the ewcm drying? Could i not really be 14dpo? The only reason I ask is that my boobs have felt bigger and pretty sore since Saturday...the only other time I recall that happening was in May with my bfp. But then I was getting BFNs so I assumed I was making it up. :nope::nope:

3 dpo and anxious. I feel different but at the same time, it could all be in my head. DH and I are hoping for this to be our month. I think most of my anxiety is stemmed from the thought that twins run in both of our families. I'd prefer one baby at a time, but I know it doesn't always work out that way.

Sorry Steph, cm charting and temping are new to me. I wouldnt be able to tell you either way. I'm sure one of the other knowledgeable ladies will be able to give more insight.

Also, where are all you ladies from?

o_O QUICK QUESTION

This just dawned on me. So you know how I said I oed crazy early this cycle, to make the shortest cycle I've ever had. It should end up being 25, where my shortest has been 28 and that's only ever happened once. I was gauging this from my ewcm... so I check my cm of course, and it was getting more and more fertile starting from a Sunday. I had two days of that and then it dried up halfway through Tuesday afternoon so I assumed I had ovulated either Monday night or early Tuesday.

Is it possible to o LATER than the ewcm drying? Could i not really be 14dpo? The only reason I ask is that my boobs have felt bigger and pretty sore since Saturday...the only other time I recall that happening was in May with my bfp. But then I was getting BFNs so I assumed I was making it up. :nope::nope:

I tend to get the ewcm a few days prior to ov, this cycle kinda wet EW/EW/W/W Ov Opks were positive. Scan and blood confirmed. Also I have had a cycle where it tried to gear up, then nothing, then later OV around day 32, BFN though.

And yep. I'd wait till 14dpo, only cos I hate wasting tests, it's been so long already so what's another few days, plus that's over a weekend.

birthdaybaby- good luck for tomorrow :) Fingers XX

Hi ladies. I'm around 7dpo today, 8 days since my first positive opk! So I tested this morning, stupid I know but I'm testing with a bnb buddy as she is a few days ahead of me and I got a faint line! I know its probably and evap as I know I shouldn't be testing yet

Here it is
https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/clacko1987/null-24.jpg

Steph - My O date has changed alot since my mc, initially i had 28 day cycles, and since then they have been closer to 32 days. I only knew bc of temping. Last month i read alot about o and the signs. The research really shows that ewcm is a sign, but not so specific, same with temp. neither will actually give you the proper o date, just an estimation. could be a few days off. The best way (other than repeated ultrasounds) was opks (which i did not do) so... that being said, looks like you may have o-ed later than you thought! Hope your husband's surgery goes well. Are they doing an ORIF? (open reduction internal fixation?) Its pretty common with broken ankles. (Im a physical therapist)

birthdaybaby - play date sounds good. :) have you ever visited eastern canada? I really enjoyed seeing the other side of the country. My dad is from the maritimes, so Ive been out there, and around quebec and ontario, but before i moved out west i had never gone west of toronto.

Natto- Im feeling much better today. I am sorta shocked that there is something growing inside of me. Exhausted and not sleeping (its 4:45 am). I am not temping anymore to stop myself from going nuts. I have gotten into photography this year and will try to get back into that over the weekends to keep myself busy. DH actually was talking about buying me a new camera for our anniversary/my birthday. As for fitness - I slowed down my workout quite a bit after my mc - it really took a toll on my energy levels and i never got back into it quite the same (so bad, i know). I have been going for nightly walks and plan on getting back to the gym soonish (I wanted to go today, but this insomnia is making me so tired). I know with last pregnancy, although it only lasted a few weeks... i was super tired. I went to the gym, but would get light headed, so i had to cut back the intensity. I have been pinning pregnancy exercise info on my pinterest, maybe its time i actually look at it :)

291 - congrats on ovulating!!! I think its easier said than done to wait 7-10/11 days to test. I was going to wait til 15-16dpo, but tested at 14. good luck, this is such a brutal week...

EMCOOP - welcome! Hopefully this is your month. I totally hear you about twins. My grandfather was a twin and I have been told since i was a child that i could have twins. I read into it, the ability to have twins can be passed down by a man, however, in a relationship only the woman's family history matters. Fraternal twins has to do with releasing more than 1 egg, so even if your husband has twins in his family, it wont affect your egg-releasing abilities.. although you have twins too... so you never know... I also only want 1 at a time, but if I end up with twins, Ill be happy too.

Clacko - looking good, its early to know if thats evap or not, but a good start :) few more days and you will be more certain!

AFM - gassy, headache, insomnia, boobs are hurting.... Im going to call the doctors today and try to make some appointments. Im still in shock that this is all real..

Oh ya, I forgot to tell you all how I told DH, was quite funny (knowing us). I tested super early yesterday when i couldnt sleep and was stressing. I went right back to bed and hugged him, he woke up and I just said "good morning daddy" He hugged me back, said yay, then said- "ok can we go back to sleep now".... haha, he apologized when he woke up. We are both excited and nervous.

BFN I don't think I've stared harder a something in my life. I was willing that line to show up and womp womp womp! I know I'm not officially out but I'm just not feeling pregnant anymore.

lfrans-I've been to TO, and seen tons of Halifax. DH went to SMU on a basketball scholarship then played for their semi pro team, The Halifax Rainmen. Whereabouts is your dad from? I love it out there. The people are just amazing!

Ladies, our group is growing and so is our list! I thought I'd keep up on it every couple of days, any objections? It's nice to be able to reference, but if you don't want to be on it, or only in the TWW, etc., just let me know!

Steph - 14 DPO but :shrug: - maybe earlier.
BirthdayBaby - 10 DPO
291 - (around) 8 DPO
Clacko - 7 DPO
EMC00P - 3 DPO
Kesh - CD 2
Lenka - CD 2

Tynmeg, Madeline, Ready & Lfrans - BFPs

291 - I, too, can't believe you can wait that long! I am in awe of your willpower. I always tell myself I will wait, but who thinks clearly in the middle of the night? Not this girl. :shrug:

EMC00P - Welcome! Twins run in my family as well, and at 5' tall I've often been a bit scared of what that would be like! :wacko:

Clacko - So hard to tell, I've never used that kind of test, but I do see something and I am so hoping it gets darker and darker! :hugs:

BirthdayBaby - Drifting eggs? I had no idea, either! The female body is unbelievable in what it is capable of doing. I'm so glad your husband is happy that you found us and I'm so happy that you found us! You are such a wonderful addition to this little group. It really does feel like finding new friends. :hugs: I'm sorry about the BFN this morning, but it is very early - FX for you. :hugs:

Lfrans - Sounds like you have found an awesome way to soothe your anxieties a bit. I am always in awe of some of the beautiful images that photographers can capture, it seems so meditative. That is a very good idea - I'm going to do some research today on pregnancy fitness. I have such body issues that I have fought and this BFP is bringing them to the surface... not that I am complaining at all! I am just being true to all of the emotions, not just the positive ones. Nightly walks with the DF, or on my own, sound lovely. :flower: Lol on telling your DH - trust me, we were both also right back to sleep after I told DF!

Steph - I know, right? Yet another thing to be jealous of the Canadians about! I was talking to someone last night who was just perplexed that pregnancy could be a "pre-existing condition." It really is unbelievable. Although I will say a lot is changing on 1/1/14 with the Affordable Healthcare Act, so FX! I am just reminding myself that people do this every day, I'm not the only one who doesn't have it all figured out, plus I need to see if this bean even sticks!

Sending good vibes to your DH for his surgery - sounds like that ankle has had a lot of trauma! Didn't realize he was a marine, I have never fathomed how they make it through bootcamp! :wacko: So tough!

ALSO, I think it is TOTALLY possible that you O'd later than you thought. From what I understand ewcm is very helpful, but not an entirely accurate way to gauge when O occurred. Having said that, as you know, I have virtually no cm, so it's hard to say from experience! But I would bet it is absolutely possible! Last cycle I gauged my O from O cramps and pain - based on this cycle using OPKs I was off by 4 days!

AFM, kind of tired this morning and super bloated/gassy - I've given up already on not wanting my tummy to poke out over my pants! :haha: I've had so much gas/bloating in my life with all of the digestive issues/food allergies I have, so it's not anything I'm not used to. I also swing from super hungry to not hungry at all (9:30 here, haven't even wanted breakfast yet, usually if I don't eat by 8:15 I'm a sourpuss!) Thought my breasts were back to fine this morning and freaked out... no worries everyone, they are back to killing me! :haha:

Natto, your posts are just sooo funny! and thank you for the list with all the updates again!!! Are you sure you want to stick with us, who are just cdo2? :blush: Do not want to repeat myself, but thank you all for hanging around here when you already got your BFPs.
lfrans, your DH's reaction to BFP was so sweat... Go back to sleep after such a wonderful news must be so nice and cozy...
How is everyone feeling today?
AFM, we finally found a condo in Santa Barbara, rather Summerland, about 10 min drive from SB, and already signed a rental agreement. :happydance: So we are oficially moving in the beginning of September. We want to drive to CA. Must be a lot if fun. Cannot wait to see different cities and states along the way.
:flower: and :hugs: to all!

Tweaked my test
https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/clacko1987/null-26.jpg

Clacko - I looked up some positive IC images online, and I have to say I really think your test looks promising! When do you plan on testing again? FX! A 5th BFP out of 11 women, that would be wild! Sending Baby Dust your way!

Lenka - Congrats! I drove across the US (from Ohio - San Fran) when I was younger and LOVED it. Such a beautiful trip, so many wonderful things to see. And yes, I am definitely sticking around - you ladies couldn't kick me out if you tried! :haha:

Clacko - I looked up some positive IC images online, and I have to say I really think your test looks promising! When do you plan on testing again? FX! A 5th BFP out of 11 women, that would be wild! Sending Baby Dust your way!

Lenka - Congrats! I drove across the US (from Ohio - San Fran) when I was younger and LOVED it. Such a beautiful trip, so many wonderful things to see. And yes, I am definitely sticking around - you ladies couldn't kick me out if you tried! :haha:

Thank you - I plan to test tomorrow morning again with fmu! Still thinking its an evap. Stopping myself testing again today cause I'm so convinced will be complete bfn!

Clacko, I will keep FX! My only experience with evaps is on blue dye tests (two in a row - I was beside myself.) I don't really know how to identify them on pink dye tests. I'm sure you are just ready to climb the walls wanting to know - hoping this day flies by and tomorrow you get good news! :hugs:

Hahaha!!! I would not dare, Natto! :haha: :hugs:

Thank you - I plan to test tomorrow morning again with fmu! Still thinking its an evap. Stopping myself testing again today cause I'm so convinced will be complete bfn!

Ladies, what does "evap" stand for?

Clacko, I can definetelly see a line!!!

Evap = evaporation line. On some tests, particularly blue dye tests, a line can show up not because you are pregnant, but just because the dye got wet with urine, and as the urine evaporated it caused the line to show up. They are often colorless, but not always. The two I had were very blue, just way skinnier than an actual result line. They are terrible! :growlmad:

I legit refuse to test until af, two months in a row I've had very obvious evap lines on ic. It's depressing because they're so so dark!

Clacko - Your line looks promising. I would either wait a couple of days and test again or go get a FRER and you may see a clearer line. BABY DUST!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone as I'm at work and it's pretty busy today.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've finally been getting some pain in my bbs, last night when I took my bra off, I had a some pain in the side of one of bbs, and today they are a little sore. I feel like I've been waiting for that sympton to kick in so was strangely excited. lol

I have some more pics to show the progression for the last 4 days.

The first one is 10, 12 and 14 DPO.
The second one is 10-13 DPO.

Attachments

• 10, 12, 14 DPO.jpg
    10, 12, 14 DPO.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 10, 11, 12, 13 DPO.jpg
    10, 11, 12, 13 DPO.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts