3 DPO anyone?! **12 BFPs so far & 2 lil angels

Tynmeg - your lines look GREAT! That has to have you feeling good. :hugs: Congrats on the breasts starting to hurt! :haha: I know that was making you a bit nervous. :flower:

Clacko, looks promising. What type of test is that? I only know the CB and FRER...I keep seeing lots of strip looking tests...are they cheaper...at the rate I'm going i'm going to need a good store of test.

Tynmeg- those are some beautiful lines!!!!

lenka - congrats on the new place!

natto- thanks for the udates on everyone! So organized!

Just at work so cant write much. Boo urns to summer school, I swear, this summer I'm worse than the kids. I cant stop staring at the clock!

Tynmeg that's one BEAUITFUL progression!! Yeay for sore boobs! :happydance::happydance:

birthday-I'm from Seattle...hasn't this summer been the best summer you can ever rememer?? No wonder why you're staring at the clock...I'd hate to be indoors!

Clacko--I would say test again in a couple days but I know that if I saw a line I'd keep on poas til I saw it again!

lfrans--awesome story about your annoucement... I know what you mean about the mc messing things up. That's why I assumed I was just having a super short cycle since my cycles have been weird since. EWCM has always coincided with my o date...well, ever since I started charting in early 2012. It could go either way. Still sore boobs and hungry like a hippo....having trouble getting sleepy though. I should start today! Then I can move on. Unless I did indeed o later. Arrgghh who knows. And yes...he is getting the ORIF. Also cutting his heel cord because it's too short. And cutting out cysts/bone spurs. So he'll be seeing a pt like you I'm sure! What kind of pt are you? Also what kind of photography are you interested in?

Natto: Sorry you have such body issues :hugs: It's something that affects all us women, some more than others...ughh I hate that we're drilled from the time we are children that we must be thin and beautiful. What makes me upset in movies is when a guy will compliment a girl and call her smart, kind, beautiful and so often the girl will say, "Did you just call me beautiful?" and immediately swoon. WOMAN HE CALLED YOU SMART AND KIND which are much more important attributes! *steps off soap box :haha:* Though I hear jogging and of course yoga and walking is still just fine. There are some neat preggo exercise routines that are supposed to help with the pregnancy, esp 3rd trimester and birth....maybe look into that??

I'm a bit worried...if I DID o late and by some fluke I am preggo, I drank strong coffee yesterday, went on an INTENSE hill run, then came home and drank a cider. Oh well, cest la vie.

Lenka congrats!! :happydance::hugs: How beautiful! I am SO JEALOUS of your cross country drive. I've really had the travel bug lately but obviously no travelling for us for 12 weeks at least! At least you don't have to pack up everything while having morning sickness and worrying about lifting boxes and the like.

Nice pics Tynmeg!

I have similar HPTs to what you have on the right hand pic and my lines look like yours. I'm sort of glad to see yours b/c they are similar to mine and I was expecting them to get way darker by now, but it seems like those strips don't darken as much as the dollar store tests I take, lol!

birthdaybaby-you can buy a boatload of OPK's and HPTs on Amazon.com - something like 50 OPKs and 10 HPT's for about $20 maybe. They aren't as fancy, so maybe also not as sensitive, but I'm not sure. The sensitivity level of the HCG is 25.

Clacko-wow, another positive!!! THis is a lucky thread. I hope it is, in fact a BFP and not evap or something- WOOT!!!

AFM, boobs feel itchy and just sensitive overall. I have CM like crazy and bloating ,as well as extreme hunger today. Otherwise I'm doing well.

I tell my mom tomorrow when I see her. She's going to be excited but for some reason I'm nervous to tell her. Other than DH, you guys, and my BFF in Seattle, NOBODY knows yet.....

Made a Dr. Appt- I don't go in until week 7 . Seems late, but they don't want to see me until they can detect heartbeat. I guess if something feels odd I'll go in, but otherwise, August it is!

Natto, your posts are just sooo funny! and thank you for the list with all the updates again!!! Are you sure you want to stick with us, who are just cdo2? :blush: Do not want to repeat myself, but thank you all for hanging around here when you already got your BFPs.
lfrans, your DH's reaction to BFP was so sweat... Go back to sleep after such a wonderful news must be so nice and cozy...
How is everyone feeling today?
AFM, we finally found a condo in Santa Barbara, rather Summerland, about 10 min drive from SB, and already signed a rental agreement. :happydance: So we are oficially moving in the beginning of September. We want to drive to CA. Must be a lot if fun. Cannot wait to see different cities and states along the way.
:flower: and :hugs: to all!

Congrats Lenka on the upcoming move to an amazing place! All that lovely ocean breeze and ocean rhythm will be PERFECT for baby-making!:thumbup:

Ready- I was going back to some posts yesterday and had to smile when I read about you not wanting belly to poke out of your pants yet. I think about how much effort I've spent trying to keep my belly as flat as possible (not that I always did what it takes....) and until May of this year I did triathlons recreationally, and I struggle with giving that up.

That is why I am trying to wear all my 'skinny' clothes now- to capitalize on my body as it is and then try to celebrate and see the beauty in every change. I wish it would just go from normal body to big baby bump, so that I don't go through a 'I know I just look fat" phase where it's too early to be obvious bump, but definitely shows weight gain. We shall see!!

Re: insurance- since you aren't married yet and won't be working you might qualify for WIC and also you could do COBRA - you pay the premium of your current insurance when you leave for up to 18 months. You can also buy private insurance, and in CA, for instance, there is special insurance for pregnant women who don't have other insurance. Maybe in OH too? I think, despite issues between political parties, everybody agrees that pregnant women need prenatal care, so there are options! Hopefully it's not a "pre-existing condition". That would be lame.

When my sis got prego she was unmarried to her BF. They did a civil service to get hitched just so she got onto his insurance and then did a big wedding months later. She had no problem getting his insurance, so I know that that option is possible, but may be insurer specific.

So many things to think about when we get the BFP. I'm already stressing about childcare and working......

natto/madeline - wow, I really had no idea how complicated your insurance can be... 1st here in Quebec as long as you are living with your partner for >6 months you are considered "common law" and get benefits like shared insurance. And our insurance covers the extras, not basic hospital care, but private ultrasounds, private rooms.... things like that... Glad to hear you are both doing well

Steph - I work mostly in pediatrics right now. I also have a master of public health and mainly focus on prevention (i work for the trauma department of the childrens hospital) Currently I am also treating patients with concussions. I used to work in ortho (ie bones like ankles) so know quite abit about it. with the heel cord too, itll take a while to recover! but im sure itll be better after all his therapy. hows he doing? BTW - do not worry about having a drink and coffee - 1st, I have been drinking 1 small cup of coffee daily. (although i usually do not finish it, so 1/2 a cup) small amounts of caffeine should not be an issue. 2 - so many people have no idea that they are pregnant and drink until they find out... I talked about it with a dr friend of mine and she told me not to worry to much. My first cycle trying during tww i was acting like i was pregnant and stressing out, she told me not to worry so much, that essentially it is a ball of cells before 4 weeks and aslong as you stop as soon as you know it should be ok.

birthdaybaby - are you a teacher? what do you teach?

Lenko - congrats on the new place, enjoy your alcohol while you can!

Tynmeg - nice lines!!!

AFM - i called the dr today, going on August 29 (9ish weeks). They prescribed me prometrium, which i looked up, its progesterone. The secretary told me that the doctor prescribes it to all patients with a history of miscarriage. So... ill be picking it up on my way home from work today... hope it helps!!

madeline - i hear you about stressing about childcare and working, i already have our baby on a waiting list for day cares (never took it off after mc). There are government subsidized day cares and I updated the website for the waiting list to change the start date. I hope I get into one of those, they are so affordable, 10$/day!

lfrans- glad you are getting something to help with the stick bean.

Childcare for $10/DAY!??!!?? OMG, I am moving to Canada! Here in my neck of the woods it would be about $850-$1100/month for an infant. Hard to say what we'll do, it will depend a bit on how much DH's job sticks and becomes permanent.

I am at a crossroad w/my career. Maybe you guys can help.

Option 1: Stay where I am, which is 50% W-2 employee (w/benefits) and 50% contract worker. I mainly make my own hours and can work from home. HOWEVER, in Jan I am losing my W-2 job funding (and benefits). We are trying to get more funding to keep going, but not sure. If I stay thru pregnancy then I can COBRA my benefits and work a bit after baby is born from home w/contract job. It pays pretty well and is guaranteed thru Oct 2014 (both positions are grant funded).

Option 2: I Am applying for a job with the county. Job is 2 miles away from home, and it's full-time w/benefits and the usual (crappy) maternity leave. However, it's steady pay over the next few years, great benefits, and I know the county is 'family friendly'.
My colleague in the job I currently have is the hiring manager for this job and has asked me to apply if I am interested.

Thoughts? I never imagined we'd be in this boat when I got pregnant. All thru grad school my hubby kept reminding me that "The average salary of a PhD is 6 figures...". Not that I expected that at first, but I think we both expected that he'd be making more than nothing and at least have steady employment so I could take time off...

hahah at first I was like where the heck do you find daycare for $10 a day in Canada?! I run a home based daycare and my rates are $700 a month for full time and $350 for part time or $35 a day!

hahah at first I was like where the heck do you find daycare for $10 a day in Canada?! I run a home based daycare and my rates are $700 a month for full time and $350 for part time or $35 a day!

haha-kesh - in quebec, the politics suck in this province. i am a english montrealer... so needless to say im not too impressed with the current state of affairs (ie- pastagate, english on spoons in ice cream stores....) but... we have cheap day care! The governemnt has subsidized spots, you have to go on a waiting list to get it, but its actually good care. Otherwise you pay more, but the government will re-imburse some in taxes

Madeline, I would go with option #2. Pros: it is so close to home. It is 'family friendly'. It is full time with great benefits. And most importantly it is permanent! As far as I understand, the maternity leave is "crappy" in almost every company here... In any case, good luck with your choice! How is DH doing? Any luck?
Ladies, thank you for your congratulations regarding my move to CA.
You know what I did today? I re-read all your posts from the beginning! I know I am a ku-ku... In June you all got AF and look at you now!!! Madeline, you were considering skipping July, do you remember? Good thing that you did not!!!

So I did two more tests tonight. I know I shouldn't of

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/clacko1987/null-28.jpg

ooh Steph, I am squealing with delight!!! Hmm....maybe when you least expected it..BAM!!

Finger's crossed. When will you test.

Clacko-I can't quite read the tests, there is a blue tinge to the pics. They look like Neg, but it could just be the light. Is that what you were saying?

Lenka-thanks for your feedback and I sort of agree with you. You are correct, maternity leave is crappy in USA, at least CA has a mandate for it! How cool you re-read everything. Yes, funny how things change.... :)

Kesh- I would be happy to find an in home daycare for $700/month! I'll put out a vibe to the universe...

I can still the slight lines that I had this morning x

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/clacko1987/null-29.png

Madeline-- that is a toughie. Isn't it funny how we have all these nice plans laid out even though it almost never turns out the way we think...and yet somehow it works out. I'd go with the county too just because govt jobs have good benefits. You won't end up rich but you will be taken care of! Hopefully your dh will get a job soon and you won't have to stress so much.

Have lots of time on my hands as hubby has been in surgery for almost 5 hours now...was supposed to be 2 but he's almost sewn up!

Yes nausea and sore boobs and get winded walking up a flight of stairs. So silly!!

Lenka!-- how cool you went back and read stuff. Not even two months but feels like much longer...

Clacko the picture is kinda hard to see. I'd wait and test again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->