3 DPO anyone?! **12 BFPs so far & 2 lil angels

Terri, your story is freaking scary!!! I found your post in other thread and got goose bumps reading it. I am so glad that you are safe and sound!!! Must be the scariest 2 hours of your life. Take care now.

So, you got a solid smiley? Good that you BDed in the morning! FX now!!!

Steph, lfrans, how are you ladies?

I am ok, still suffer from nausea, but I think it is not THAT bad now. Maybe I am getting used to it? But now everybody is getting on my nerves. lolol

Hi Lenka,
That's funny about getting used to your nausea. Maybe you're right. I hope it's really getting better though.

Yeah, I am going to continue using the OPKs even though it says not to. I just want to see what's going on. Remember last time I had 4 positives in 4 days? I want to see if that trend continues. I'm thinking that with a +opk my higher than normal pre-o temp wasn't a fluke.

Have a fantastic day. :)

Terri well we'll see what tomorrow's temp shows but it is looking good like you oed! Catch that egg!! How are you feeling today? That must have been soon scary for you :( I read your post it just doesn't seem real. People are crazy... Don't feel bad if you are feeling off for a while...take care of yourself!

Sitting in mass today I think I felt my baby's first two real kicks! And tomorrow's our scan to see if everything is ok and also the gender. Haven't seen mcbaby in 10 weeks.

Lenka I hope that's the case and it's not just hibernating. If it returns, don't lose heart it will go eventually! I love second tri where I feel like a human again (a beer bellied, hungry monster out of breath human).

Lfrans how goes the repairs?

We have a realtor and have been preapproved for a loan so yeay! We have a list of houses we want to look at.

Alright ladies time for me to not be lazy.....18 hrs til scan aaaahhh

Steph, lolol, your post made me laugh. Well, GL on your scan!!! Can't wait to know your baby's gender! And yay for being approved for a loan!!! GL here too. Exciting times!

Steph-Yeah, that's awesome that you felt two kicks. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? I love reading your updates since everyone is in different stages. This is fantastic! Don't forget to check back in. Oh, and have fun house hunting. My advice is to not go over budget. If they preapprove you for 300,000. Get a house that's like 250,000. You'll need to use the other money for furniture, paint, trash cans for every room, mirrors, baby stuff, etc.. so you don't want to overextend yourself.

I feel ok. I'm going to lunch with my coworker. I kind of want to skip it and eat with my regular lunch table but we made plans for this in the beginning of the month, so I don't want to let her down. I'll update my regular lunch crew tomorrow.

My temp dropped which is fine. It might have been stress or excitement the day before. I got a negative OPK on the FR last night, but anoter solid smiley on CB, so I think those tests are just different. Doesn't matter as we continue BD'ing, regardless.

That is why I gave up using CB digital. If you have a double LP surge, you will miss your second LP surge with CB digital. I am talking in general. I loved my internet cheapies, they were very cheap, like 85 cents each, and I was more in control with them. Keep BDing, Terri. lolol

Honestly, I think I'll probably just continue using one in the daytime and one at night. It's not going to be much longer now as I'm currently on CD11. Although last time I used them for a few more days. I've had a stitch in my side the last day or so, so I think that egg is ready to go. When I run out of these, I'll consider getting the internet sticks (Wondfo's right?). The only problem is I feel like I wouldn't be able to differentiate the line colors, but maybe I'm just talking myself out of them. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Terri that stitch in your side is a good sign! Has anyone asked you this important question...how is your cm today? :haha: That's a very good strategy...bd as much as possible to catch that egg! :spermy:

You're right about the home buying. We purposely asked for a low amount of money so we wouldn't go over budget. The money isn't going to buy us something awesome, but it will be a low mortgage that we can manage with a baby, librarian salary, and student loans (sob...student loans)

Today's checkup went great! And we have little girl with two healthy developing brain hemispheres :cloud9: The u/s tech announced proudly "it's a girl!" and I said stoically "well, that was unexpected" (I was thinking it may be a boy oops:dohh: ) But when she showed the healthy heart and brain, I just fell in love. She got really sullen with me after I reacted nonchalantly about the gender (Why is that such a big deal anyway?) So I was afraid there was something wrong but it turned out healthy. I feel very blessed:cloud9:

Lenka, Lfrans? :hugs:

Aaaaa, Steph, congratulations!!! Baby girl!!! :happydance:

Today is the first day when I do not have any nausea, and I am soooo worried now.... Like none. Boobs are not sore either... WTH...

I totally understand the freak out as I used to also when I felt nothing for a day or even a few....but symptoms come and go! (you know this already) Also when are you getting a ticker?!!!:hugs:

Steph-So HAPPY FOR YOU!!! A GIRL!! You really crack me up with your snarky attitude. hee hee. That's cool about the house. The bigger the house, the more cleaning you have to do! My CM…not a lot going on. I think tomorrow I'll actually have my EWCM, but we'll see…Sorry about student loans. I hated mine SO much, I ended up paying it off early because I couldn't stand it. Now I'm two years away from paying my mortgage off, and I can not wait!

Lenka-So glad you don't have nausea. I'm sure everything is fine. Enjoy a day without pain! And yeah, where is your ticker? We want to eat your poppyseed/avocado/plum baby! hee hee.

Lfrans-Check in babe! We miss you.

Steph - I agree with Terri, buy something below your max budget, we did and even then, it is tight. We forget the taxes, added insurance, cost of any repairs that may be needed. Even painting adds up. We spent alot less than what we were approved by the bank. We had in our heads what we can afford based on mortgage rates and our incomes, we were tempted to buy over that number, but ended up 5k below.
Congrats on the girl. I also had a odd reaction when i found out I was having a boy. I felt it was a boy from the beginning, but closer to my ultrasound thought maybe a girl... It just felt odd to know. I really didnt care so much, the healthy brain is so much more important.

Terri - temps back up today! :) keep on bding. :)

Lenka- how are you feeling? Do not worry about not having nausea one day, it comes and goes sometimes. First trimester is so stressful!

AFM- Im doing well, baby is swimming and spinning and keeping me up at night. :)
The house is coming along, we have the floor guy starting today, we are refinishing the hard-wood floors. When he is done the painter will finish and then we move! I booked the mover yesterday for feb 28, its tight with baby, but should be ok.

Housebuying can be such a pain. You don't think about all the extra things that you need when you first move in. The extra stuff is never ending. Woohoo-61 days to go. It seems like it's all happened so fast. I hope the timing works out with the move and the arrival of babyfrans Did you ever pick out a name?

AFM-We are trying our best this month! hee hee.

Your temps confuse me!! They're all over the place! Mine were pretty wild.too now that I remember, one of my excuses to stop temping. But my cm always matched up

So maybe you can give me advice! Winter carnival in Quebec is out, we were still working out the logistics when dh offhandedly mentioned to his boss a conference basically the same weekend and his boss got really interested...long story short, we are having our weekend off in Baltimore instead...I think he'll fly in early and I'll drive to meet him in dc so we can go to the Smithsonian on Sunday. What should I do in Baltimore on Monday and Tuesday? Parking at the hotel is 28 dollars a day yikes any solutions for that? I'm guessing you live somewhere between the two cities. Is it good to drive? How safe is Baltimore by the harbour?

We'd still love to do Quebec, and a friend is talking about going to Montreal in spring. One of my concerns was running into a snow or ice storm at the carnival and having to white knuckle the way home. Congrats Lfrans on the 28 moving day!! Yeay! Having a mover will be so helpful! You must have been doing a lot more improvements than you let on! I hope.

Checked out houses, it's a bit depressing to look in our price range cause there's always SOMETHING. But, I think we actually found something we want to put an offer on. It's old, but solid, has been gone through and weatherized thoroughly which is a big deal to me. Central wood stove and back up new electric baseboards. 1 acre. Dh has to see it in person but he had picked this one has his favorite from a long list.

Thanks for the heads up about the improvement costs, it's good to keep that in mind!

Lenka is your ms back yet?

terri- it does go by so fast. I remember just announcing to you guys I was pregnant and now im 2 months away from a baby. :)
hopefully, this is your month!!

moving is definately crazy and there are many little things that arent too expensive that add up. Like duct cleaning - the ventilation system seems dirty, so we want to clean out the ducts - it costs about 300$ (we found a groupon, so we are looking into the fine print to see if its worth it). We are also looking into carpet cleaning, debating whether we should hire someone or rent the machine at home depot and DH can do it himself

Steph - let me know if you end up in Montreal in the spring. Ill be off on mat leave :) QC is nice, and the city is used to snow and ice, so set up for it, but during the winter, you are always at risk of hitting a huge snow storm when you come here. The house sounds great - we also bought an older house with a decent structure. We did a bit more than anticipated, but some of the time is just waiting for people to do work. The painter is taking a while because there were many holes in the walls to plaster. He is also painting the kitchen cabinets.
Along the way we found some issues that need to be fixed and are doing it at the same time (pocket door wasnt sliding properly, we had telephone wires that are disconnected - we removed them and put in insulation because they were letting in tons of cold air)
Ensuite bathroom needed a new floor, so at the same time, we installed a new toilet and new vanity - DH was too tall for the current medicine cabinet, so we are putting in a taller mirror to cover the hole where the medicine cabinet was. we are then going to get some sort of wall cabinet to use as a medicine cabinet. Saw some at ikea...
Alot of it is small things. The painter took 2 weeks off so we would have been able to move earlier, but couldnt. He is supposed to be done feb 16 at the latest, I booked feb 28 just incase there was any mroe delays. We figured its easier to push a move date earlier in the month than later.

Rent the machine! Saves so much also you can mix laundry soap and vinegar as cleaning liquid, works well and so much cheaper. I used to clean the carpets at my old house since my landlord who livedwith had a....different.. Idea of clean! Also they're just like using a vacuum so as long as he lifts it to the room you use, vinegar and laundry soap will not harm you or baby! That's just my two cents...:D

Yay!! You're coming to Baltimore. When are you coming? I live in the county, which surrounds the city. It takes me 10-15 minutes to get downtown. Send me a PM with where you are staying (the harbor is great, and there are tons of hotels and you can walk or take the free bus) and I'll give you the whole scoop. Also let me know what you like to do-visit/eat/etc..., and I'll give you a whole list. I heart my city!

My temps are usually wild pre-O, but today is CD13, which is usually O day, so I'm hoping tomorrow they jump up. No sense even looking at them now. The high spike was the night of the mall shooting, so I still might have been excited about that.

lfrans-wow..you guys have done a lot.

Lfrans that is quite a bit! How cool! Esp the new toilet, was it a high efficiency one? Maybe there are programs with your utility company that will reimburse you for some of the costs as it's beneficial to them if you save water. Sorry I used to work for an environmental nonprofit for a few years... Also the duct cleaning is a good idea!

Terri I tried messaging you, did you receive it? I clicked send twice but I don't think it worked. technology ugh

Hey ladies, glad you are all so busy house hunting, decorating, BDing..
My nausea came back yesterday, and it was probably the worst day so far. Now, I keep a bucket next to me now. My doctor told me that if I do not want to take any prescription drugs for nausea I can take Unisom sleeping pills and B-6. I did, does not help. I will give it another two days to work.
Steph, when your nausea stopped?
And ticker? I haven't thought about it. Maybe when I feel better and school is over.

Lenka mine was awful and lasted til 15 weeks then I stopped puking and only felt nauseated a couple hours a day. Now feeling 100% like the 2 months of food poisoning like symptoms never happened and I hope and pray it will be similar for you!! It's so awful and I don't wish it on anyone :hugs: usually it does go away or ease up by 12 or 13 weeks hon. It probably feels like a lifetime away for you though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->