3 month BCP cycle and Ov.

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
I completed one full round of the continous cycle, three month birth control pill. Had AF and then completed about half of another three mobth cycle and stopped taking it. (Caused high BP). How long after can i expect to Ov. Keeping in mind that i havnt for some time now. I was on the regular one mo th birth control for about a year prior to starting the three month. Years ago when i was ttc DS, i was on the one month BCP cycle and the first month off i got a BFP (i MCed tho, waited a month after the loss and got BFP with DS). So any ideas on how long until fertility returns after three month bcp cycle?

It shouldn't make any difference and if your cycles are normal otherwise, I'd expect you to have a normal cycle right away, so within about two to three weeks or so of your last pill. Both of them stop ovulation (assuming you're on the combined pill) regardless of whether you take the pill break or just carry on taking them one pack after another, so that break each month doesn't matter in terms of how quickly your cycles get back to normal. It's the stopping ovulation that matters, so I'd expect it to happen as quickly as it did before, all other things being equal.

Usually i ov. On between CD 19 and CD 22 (normally CD 21 tho). So far i have no signs of ov. And generally i am extremly aymptomatic... im now on CD 21 =/

Well assuming i was one day late for AF today i tested...it was positive...sorta in shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->