3 month gap in breastfeeding - what will happen?

Ziggie

Reaction score
I'd like to breastfeed as long as possible. Baby isn't due till December but I'm making plans about the future.

I'm going to be giving up work whilst baby is small, to toddler at least. Problem is I will need to return to work for 3 months when baby is about 12 months old. Approx!

How will this impact on breastfeeding? I have no experience, first time mum :) I'm scared it will bring it to a halt. I know a 12 month old probably won't want as much anyway, but I'd like it to be available...

It really depends on how often baby is feeding by that point. You should be able.to just bf when you are together but you might want to pump at work if you are feeling uncomfortable so you don'tget a clogged duct or something

If you kept breastfeeding night and morning and pumped during the day, it should be fine. Or you could mix feed, and give formula during the day and boob morning/night.

If baby is a year old you don't have to give formula and as long as they are getting 3-4 milk feeds per day you don't have to offer alternate milks either :)

Thanks ladies. That has reassured me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->