**30 Day Shred-Jillian Michaels**anyone else who wants to join???!

About to stick the DVD on, have two toddlers here so might be interesting :haha:

Making root vegetable soup for lunch with carrots, turnip and potato so nice and healthy after my workout :)

About to stick the DVD on, have two toddlers here so might be interesting :haha:

Making root vegetable soup for lunch with carrots, turnip and potato so nice and healthy after my workout :)

That sounds yummy! How do ypu make it?

It's reallllly easy!

1. Carrots
  2. Turnip
  3. Sweet Potato
  4. (I didn't have any parsnip in, but sometimes add this)
  5. Onion
  6. Veggie stock cubes
  7. boiled water
  8. Milk

• You chop and fry the onion (I dry fry in a non stick soup pot) until it's soft but not brown
  • Peel and chop all the veg into roughly equal sized cubes.
  • Chuck veg in with onion.
  • or stock over veg
  • Simmer on low heat for about 30 mins until veg is soft
  • Blitz with a hand blender to make soup smooth
  • Finish with a touch of milk to make it a bit creamier.

That's a basic soup with nothing added, you can put in any herbs or seasoning to make it a bit different like honey and sage, bay leaves and thyme, black pepper and dried chilli to give it a bit of a kick, etc.

It's great for kids as it's healthy, they get some of their 5 a day and they wolf it down not knowing it's got lots of hidden veggies in it! :lol:

DAY 4

hi everyone :)
cant believe ive managed 4 days - that one nearly killed me!! lol.
had to stop for about 30 secconds half way through the jumping jacks (3rd lot!) :shy:
not got much energy today have been busy all morning, completed routine at lunchtime & now off out on a shop/park trip with the kiddies!! roll on the weekend, looking forward to having a rest!!

be back on later x

DAY 4

hi everyone :)
cant believe ive managed 4 days - that one nearly killed me!! lol.
had to stop for about 30 secconds half way through the jumping jacks (3rd lot!) :shy:
not got much energy today have been busy all morning, completed routine at lunchtime & now off out on a shop/park trip with the kiddies!! roll on the weekend, looking forward to having a rest!!

be back on later x
But you did it huge well done!!

When I did it first time around I couldn't. Manage whole length of cardio sections.

But you did it huge well done!!

When I did it first time around I couldn't. Manage whole length of cardio sections.

thank you :hugs: im going to get an early night tonight & be ready to ''shred it'' in the morning!! :)

just had a nice healthy tea of 2 boiled eggs & salad....
aarrrgghhhh i NEED a curry!!

Nanomey, I've just made a delicious aubergine curry with green beans and cucumber raita. It was absolutely gorgeous and only 280 kcals. Let me know if you want the recipe.
xx

Nanomey, I've just made a delicious aubergine curry with green beans and cucumber raita. It was absolutely gorgeous and only 280 kcals. Let me know if you want the recipe.
xx

YES PLEASE!!!! :D
that will sort out the curry craving - thank you vey much Iloveshoes :hugs:

xx

YES PLEASE!!!! :D
that will sort out the curry craving - thank you vey much Iloveshoes :hugs:

Ingredients:
1 large aubergine (about 500g)
5 tbsps tomato purée
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Garam masala
1 small red chilli
100g French beans, to serve

For the raita:
Half a cucumber
250g low fat natural yoghurt
1/2 tsp ground cumin

1. Chop aubergine into 1-2cm cubes
2. Put the Tom purée in a bowl & mix with 2 tbsps of water
3. Pour oil into a heavy bottomed pan & warm it
4. Peel & chop the onion
5. Add the onion to the pan & cook until soft
6. Add the paprika & Garam masala, stir well, cook for 1 min
7. Add the aubergine & diluted Tom purée
8. Stir well
9. Chop the chilli & add it to the pan
10. Lower the heat, cover & simmer for 20 mins (you may need to add some water if the sauce all cooks away, but it's meant to be quite dry)
11. While the curry is cooking, make the raita
12. Grate the cucumber into a bowl
13. Squeeze it a handful at a time to release the water
14. Put the squeezed cucumber into a clean bowl
15. Add the yoghurt & cumin
16. Mix well
17. Cover & chill until the curry is cooked
18. Towards the end of the cooking, lightly boil the French beans

Et voila! Easy to make, and flipping gorgeous! 280kcals! That serves 2 people and is 280kcals per serving, not for the whole recipe.

Enjoy!
xx

Morning ladys how are you all doing?

I didnt get round to doing the dvd yesterday the tot was so ill with a cold and i had bad bad cramps with af coming. (i so hate this time of the month)
so back to it today hopefully i realy dont want to just blow it after dong 4 days in a run.

hey tmr - hope your lo gets better soon & your af pains give up soon! im sure if you just do day 4 today instead it wont matter...

im just getting ready for DAY 5!! attually looking forward to it today - feeling good & lots of energy after my early night :)

thank you Iloveshoes for the recipe (and instructions - i will need them :haha:) im going to try it out for what would normally be ''take away'' night tomorrrow...

the healthy eatings going well i had to force my self NOT to step on scales just yet lol but im dying to know if ive at least dropped 1lb.

just wondering if anyone knows is there a recipe or healthy eating idea thread on here or does anyone know of a good website where i can get some ideas & recipes ?

I'm taking today as my day off as I'm surfing tomorrow which is 3-4 hours of constant exercise and I don't want to be stiff tomorrow! I'll be horse riding too I imagine, then do the DVD again on Sunday. :thumbup:

I'm really tempted to weigh myself too, but haven't yet! I really hope I've lost something.

wow avalanche action packed weekend :thumbup: ! i love horseriding but have not been for years.

i am not having my day 6 till monday - and ill do my 'weekly weigh in' then too.

Iam going to do my day 5 soon and iam going to carry on throw the weekend i dnt want to miss any more days so no day of rest for me.

Been quiet over the weekend girls, how are we all doing?

I was surfing for 4 hours yesterday and my arms are very sore. It was a gorgeous day though, and the waves were great :)

Am feeling very stiff and achey. Back on the program tomorrow though!

hey everyone im back with DAY 6!

glad you had fun surfing avalanche :) (do you live by the sea!?)

i have just got in from morning school/nursery/doctors etc etc have not stopped walking all morning!!
going to have a little rest & then go for the shred, thinking im going to feel it today after 2 days off!!!

Yep I'm on the coast, but as it's North Scotland we have the mountains too :) There's about 8 beaches near my house.

This is the one I normally surf on and the village

https://www.alcaigphotography.co.uk/images/landscapes/Lossie-Beach.gif

This is where my OH kite surfs as it's nice and flat

https://www.reikitraining.org.uk/images/beach-3.jpg

One of our favourite pubs overlooks this:

https://gallery.photo.net/photo/3124170-md.jpg

Some of the little villages near here that are dotted on the coast

https://www.crooktree.com/v/tp/210/225/962482619_4_Crovie-Seafront-TO190038JHP.jpg

https://www.crooktree.com/v/tp/210/229/962483419_4_Pennan-Slipway-TO190031JHP.jpg

Wow picture overload :rofl: I love where I live though :)

I haven't done my workout yet today either. I could barely get dressed today my arms where so sore :rofl: I'll do mine late this afternoon I think.

Let me know how you get on :)

hey, wow its beautiful!!! love the piccys :)

i ummm... didnt get round to doing day 6 :shy:

and i have no excuse... :( (except that my oh came home early before i had done it!!) im going to work super hard all week & do some extra sit ups/push ups each morning. ive also just ordered my dumbells :)

on a good note, lost 4lbs this week after my weigh in check.

I have not do any sins thurs i have been full of a cold thanks to my DH and LO BUt hopefully i can get round to it today as iam not feeling to bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->