30 Something and Expecting

Lilosmom - Thanks. Needed a good story for once. lol
AFM - I am still sick. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT?! I haven't had something last this long since I had the flu as a kid. I was up at 6 am coughing.
Gonna go to the doctor today to be safe. The good news is that my cold sores are getting better. I am at the stage where they bleed so it looks to other people like my DH ahs been beating me. 1 person asked me what happened and I said I was part of a fight club. lol This was quickly followed by "should you be doing that in your condition?"
Someone else did that when they saw me taking the stairs... "shouldn't you be taking the elevator?" I responded with a quick, "I am not disabled, just pg."
I am having fun teasing them bout thier comments. You just gotta laugh it off.

1 person asked me what happened and I said I was part of a fight club. lol This was quickly followed by "should you be doing that in your condition?" You just gotta laugh it off.

Really people? :rofl:

Dhime, I surehope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Thanks, lilosmom, for an encouraging story.

DHime, that's hilarious. Fight club :rofl: It's funny how people look at you like a senior citizen when you tell them you're pregnant.

Lilosmom, that's so precious...and what a perfect way to tell people.

When did you ladies tell everyone?

I told people at 9.5 weeks - but only b/c DH wanted to tell his parents in person while he was home (on the other side of the country) visiting them them. Once they knew, I needed to tell my family just in case - MIL loves to talk! It was hearing the heartbeat first, though, that I really needed before I felt ok telling.

With my family I just said guess what?!
With work, I told my boss in a greeting card. He showed it to everyone.... Of course he is staying out of the office right now because he has the flu and since we share an office, I am good with that. Now I have people coming up to tell me they are angry that I didn't tell them first. (really) The last person to say it go a nasty comment right back. At least I can blame it on hormones. ;-)

Starting to feel a little better. Took 1/2 day off today to get some rest. Spent the day watching bad daytime tv. I ended up watching sesame street. lol
I am starting to wonder if I caught 2 colds in a row. I am scared to go back to work with the flu everywhere.

We told our parents right away and also my sister and his brother. My sister's been a bridezilla and I sort of needed her to chill out a little. I haven't figured out when I'm going to tell everyone else, probably not till I can't hide it anymore....who knows when that will be, I don't have a bump yet.

So ladies, I had my scan today and the subchorionic hematoma has almost halved in size. The dr said my body should reabsorb it eventually. Last week, when I went in for the bleeding, it was the size of my baby, at around 1.1 cm, this week, it's much smaller relative to the baby. The baby has grown to 1.85 cm and I'm measuring 8w2d so right on time. The HB was 168 which eases my mind a bit since it was only at 137 last time, though I was told that was normal, too. My blood results for MTHFR isn't back yet and I'm still hoping that's a negative. Now I won't have another scan for 2 weeks :coffee:

Did you guys all do the first trimester testing? The doctor told me to make an appointment for that now for 11 weeks. What do they do?

Phew, sunshine - so glad the news is good! :happydance:

They test for a whole bunch of stuff routinely from a simple blood draw. Your blood type, anemia, STD's incl. Hep B, Rubella immunity, some glucose level indicator in your blood, possibly. Genetic testing at this point is all optional. They want to make sure you don't have anything that will require a vaccine or find out if you'll special care early on to protect the baby. A quick pee & a poke and they'll get back to you. :thumbup:

There's an ultrasound, too.

Weird, I've already done all the blood tests that you've listed, I thought this would be different.:shrug:

YAY for onion!

Sunshine - I am very happy everything is looking better. I am not sure what elese they are testing for... My next one is the big test for abnormalities. You are still early for that.
But I do know my doc did 2 rounds of blood tests during 1st tri also so don't worry. They are likely checking everything out to be sure you are hanging in there. Awesome heartbeat there too btw. (maybe a girl?)

AFM - Still sick but a little better after my doc said I could have tylonol cold. gladly took it and passed out for 4 hours yesterday. There has to be an end to this.... somewhere....

The onion makes me laugh for some reason. I have gone off eating them, too. :haha: Now an avocado sounds delicious. I think an egg, cheese, avocado & tomato quesadilla for lunch is called for.

Dhime, do you have your anatomy scan scheduled yet? I think I may have to wait an extra week or even two because DH will be traveling when I hit 20 weeks and I'm not going to our only ultrasound without him. :nope: I hope you are done being sick soon, sweetie. Its hard enough being pregnant sometimes without added misery. Your poor immune system. At least your body's doing a great job of protecting that little avocado of yours. :hugs2:

Sunshine, I'm not sure what else they're testing for, but it may be some additional things after the hematoma, or repetitive tests? I've been seeing a midwife rather than an OB so I've just had the one draw.

Its not hematoma related, its a standard 1st trimester screening and I go to a prenatalogist (sp?)for the tests.

Dhime, id love a girl but I always had a feeling it'd be a boy. My husbands side are notorious for having boys.

Well, I would like a girl but I usually get the opposite of what I want so most likely a boy here. lol
My anatomy scan is in 2 weeks I think. They will do all the blood work looking for downs and stuff too. I already decided though that if the protein for downs shows up, I don't want to be told. It would just drive me nuts for the next 6 months and I am not about to do amnio.

DH & I want a boy, so I'm sure I'm carrying your girl, Dhime. :winkwink:

I agree. I don't really want to know so far in advance if the baby has Downs. I'm not going to end the pregnancy or do amnio, either. But since I'm going to be at a birthing center rather than the hospital, I feel like I should really find out because it would be better for the baby to just go to the hospital to deliver if he/she has a condition. We'd have to transfer anyway and that just gets expensive fast.

As I was falling asleep last night, I thought I felt a baby poke & flutter. I was too close to sleep to tell DH or analyze and now I honestly don't know if I really felt anything at all. :dohh:

DHime: it's not just Downs they test for. Down's is the least worst outcome for chromosomal testing. Edwards syndrome, for example and the other one (I can't remember) you are often looking at a still birth.
LIke you I also decided that a diagnosis of Down Syndrome wouldn't prompt me to have a termination, but the other two chromosomal abnormalities, I'd probably consider it, because they do not have such a good outcome.

Nellie: I'm pretty sure what you felt is the real deal. I've been feeling pudd'n for almost two weeks and I still doubt that it was anything and then "!" there it goes again! It's a shame you can't 'make it happen again' when you want to, you just have to wait until you get another one. Lately I've also been getting the 'stomach doing somersaults' sensation, which keeps making me think I'm nervous, but it's just a certain someone swimming about while the pool is roomy (enjoy it while it lasts, Pud. You'll be flying economy soon).
It's an amazing feeling and now I can't wait for OH to feel it, too. I still can't get my head around that that sensation is someone else.

I hope so, bunda. I can't wait to feel something more definitive & more often (at least in the flutter stage, before my organs start getting used a punching bags!)

I had a moment today as I was getting ready to go to brunch - no matter what I tried on I looked pregnant. Not bloated or just heavier. The tops all clung to my stomach & hung normally down the back. I guess a more concerted effort at maternity shopping is coming up for me. I get a lot more looks/attention from strangers now when out & about and that feels a little strange. This week we'll have our 18 week appt - nearly halfway through the pregnancy already! Where has the time gone?

I guess I can join you now? Or for now, at least.

Even though it's very very very very early, I guess I shouldn't be in denial. I really am officially pregnant. Even the doctors said so!

Holy Crap! JAZ!!!! OMG!
Told you you wouldn't last! :hugs:

That should say be last. lol oops
Well, I gave away my bird today. DH said we had to get rid of him since we wont have time for him once lo gets here. I cried all afternoon.

Oh, Dhime, I'm so sorry hun. That's really, really awful. I don't really know what it takes to care for a bird, but I'm sure his intentions were right. I hope your bird went to a good home. It really is best if there won't be enough time to give your beloved bird what he needs. :hugs2:

There was an incident with our baby kitty today that, for a second, made me think of her as just a cat (that would not be allowed to threaten my human baby!) I need to slowly starting giving her less attention so she doesn't meltdown when she isn't our #1 baby anymore, either. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->