30 Something and Expecting

DHime

Mom of a special baby
Reaction score
I wanted to open this thread for the 30 something expecting Moms.
It can be very hard to find a place after getting your BFP.
I hope this thread will give us all a home.
:hugs:

Hi!

I'm 33 years old and pregnant with my first. I will be 34 by the time baby is born.
I'm feeling a bit old sometimes, but I'm really happy to finally become a mommy. I've wanted that for a long time but was never in a good position to do so.

:thumbup: I found you! Good idea.

(The link you sent didn't bring me here, though, I had to dig.)

Found it!

Hi Marie

Don't feel old. We're part of a growing demographic. Where I live it's actually quite common to be beyond thirty and expecting. It's a relatively affluent part of the UK and people have put careers before kids and are now catching up with starting families.

I'm 35 and am expecting my first. I don't feel old though. I've just been 'gaining experience in other industries'. Being a mother is hard no matter what your age, but at least being past thirty I'm not experiencing the drama the teens are having to go through (especially the drama around the immature child-that-thinks-he's-a-man that got them pregnant) and life generally is more settled and secure. I feel very ready now.

Hi Marie!
Welcome ladies!

Don't feel weird about your age at all. I am totally unprepared and I did it on purpose. lol
I am scared but I can approach it with less fear since I am older.

Bunda & Nellie - Can you believe you are already at orange? Are you showing yet?
This prego thing goes by so fast...

30 is only 20 + 10 anyway. Who's counting?
Besides, 30 is not as old as it used to be.... (If I say it enough it will feel true)
Many of us in our 30's are healthier than our younger counterparts.

Oh yeah - still sick. Can't breathe thru my nose. wahhhh I want nyquil!
My boss said to drink some whiskey and some asprin. I just laughed. I really wanted to kill him tho

lol, I hope you feel better DHime. :hugs: I was at a wedding this weekend with half of DH's family recovering from or fighting through the flu. The thought of getting sick terrified me (how do you survive without NyQuil?!) So I waved from afar or walked around with food, preventing hugging.

And yes, it really is starting to go by fast! I do have a small bump now, so that if I'm not wearing loose clothes, its pretty obvious. Are you starting to pop out yet?

Hi girls :hi: I found you :yipee:

it's funny that you think it's going so fast, it seems to be dragging for me lol, maybe after I've had a midwife appt and a scan things will pick up a bit :shrug: I dint want to wish it away or anything but I just want to know that everything is progressing as it should & all I know at the moment is that I feel :sick: lol!

Ah well glad to have found you here, will be nice to have a place to chat :thumbup:
xx

Still stuffy today. I have been plain miserable without cold meds. wahhh.
The only advice I can offer is avoid sick people. Don't worry about apearing rude. just run!
Yep. I am totally showing even after only gaining 3.5 lbs. I am trying to hide it but it is getting obvious. Gonna take a pic soon so put on here as my new avatar.
I still want maternity pants but can't find any that I like yet. It's all dresses for now.
No constipation here, IN FACT, I have the opposite problem. Oh and the cramping from it is way worse that pre prego tummy issues. Maybe cause organs have moved... At least this means I shouldn't have hemeriod problems. lol

Lisa - :hugs: Glad you found us! Is it morning sickness? If so, hang in there a bit longer. In whole foods stores, they have MS lolly pops that help alot. I found that ice pops helped me allot.

It's more evening sickness Dhime lol, but it's copeable... just!

I had an appt today with the surgeon who did my surgery in January & I was soooo looking forward to telling him that he'd worked a miracle & we were pg... but, before I had chance he basically said that when he was operating to remove the cyst he had found that I had severe endometriosis, so bad that it had stuck my ovaries to my pelvic wall :shock: & that although they had initially thought it was my OH :spermy: issues causing our problem, that he thought even without that I would have real trouble conceiving naturally...

At that point I said... but I'm 8 weeks today :yipee: but he just looked shocked & kept saying "but I don't think that's possible" I had to get my scan out to show him.

He was really pleased for us in the end but had to get another consultant in to check that they had the right patient as he said it was less than a 0.5% chance that this could happen given both of our problems!!

However, after leaving the office and going back to work, I told my workmates what had happened & they asked if it would cause any problems with the pregnancy, I hadn't even asked that & now I'm googling & it seems to just be a minefield of different information :wacko:

Basically it looks at though there is an increased chance of miscarriage, high blood pressure, pre eclampsia and pre term birth! It's just very weird as I have had very light, very regular periods and no period pain ever, whereas a friend of mine in work has endo & has really bad problems every month!

Ah well nothing I can do about it now, what will be will be, I just pray my little flump hangs on.

Wish me luck girls :thumbup:

LISA - Endometiriosis is touchy and depends on the individual. My mom had it and out of 6 pregnancies, only had 1 mc. Hers was really bad too. I also have it and my AF was always very light and short as well.
The good thing is that pregnancy and childbirth often help the problem by expelling everything. You may one day have to get laser surgery to remove buildup on the organs but that would be much later. 65% of women with it don't have any problem after childbirth. Don't let it worry you. Just be as healthy as you can be and don't stress. (STRESS has a higher chance of causing these things) With Endo, it's harder to get PG to begin with. You have the same risk factors as anyone else with staying PG.
Also, you will find things start speeding up in the nest 2 weeks or so when you suddenly realize that you moved up a fruit and didn't notice... lol Of course it is supposed to slow down again in the 3rd trimester.

NELLIE - Yesterday I felt as though someone had blown up a balloon in my tummy. I wonder if it stays this way... I started doing stretches for my back yesterday and cleaned out all my too small clothes. Not gonna depress myself by looking at what I can't wear. lol

Thanks Dhime - I think it was just the shock at first, I've calmed down a lot now lol

They removed all of the build up when I had my cyst removed in January so I'm all clear in there at the moment. Feeling much better about things today, feeling ill again haha, never thought I'd be so happy to feel :sick: :wacko:

Aww are these things that you wont wear again even after :baby: is here? maybe just binbag them & put them in the loft until next year??

xx

Hi ladies, just read through your posts and didn't want to read and run. I'm 31 and pregnant with #2 after a bit of a struggle to get there. My daughter is now 2 1/2 and we were hoping to have them closer in age but at least she'll have a sibling. I can relate to feeling "old". I struggle with the youthfulness of some moms out there so it's nice to see I'm not alone. Hope to get to know you all a little better throughout this experience.

:hi: lilosmom. How cute is the tiny foot in your avatar pic?

Dhime, I don't think it stays that way. I interpreted it a various levels of bloat. Some days its worse than others. Or maybe I've just gotten used to a belly in a constant state of stretching? :shrug: Most of my pants have been collecting dust for a little bit, but sometimes I'm caught off guard by a fitted hoodie or jacket that I find too tight to wear now.

Hi Dhime, I found you guys! Your msg had a link but it didn't take me anywhere. Anyways, glad I found it.

:hi: ladies! Congrats. You guys are all further along than me. I have a scan tomorrow morning. My nausea isn't as bad this week, it was really bad end of last week then it seemed to have gotten better. I feel a little lost without it and hope its not a bad sign.

Lisa40, I think the surgeon is awful, it does him no good to keep saying its impossible when you've obviously proven him wrong. Even if there is a chance of mc, he's doing no good by harping on that. Don't let him stress you out, some doctors are idiots.

Thanks sunshine :hugs:

my nausea has died down too, only a little queasyness here & there now. Good luck at your scan, let us know how you get on :thumbup:

xx

Lilosmom - Welcome!

Nellie - I know what you mean. My fat clothes don't fit anymore. My yoga pants are getting tight so I am glad I went out and got maternity pants. The only issue I have with them is that they fall down alot. lol For once my big butt is too small to hold up pants? lol

Sunshine - Glad you made it!!! Sorry, it was first time inviting anyone to a page. In my experience, most doctors are idiots. Every now and then you find a good one. It hasn't been long since I was in your shoes at 8 weeks. Time crawls by at that point. Don't worry about ms fading, it will go up and down till you hit that famed 12 week point. As your body gets used to the hormone levels, the nausea wanes. Hopefully you will stay used ot it since the hormones keep increasing till at least 10 weeks. FX for you that it doesn't come back.
Totally let us know about the scan!

Oh yeah! Posted my new scan this am. But it doesn't seem to be showing.

Hi girls, I was scared shitless last night. I started bleeding around 8, bright red blood. Today 8 am was my scan so I opted to just go to bed when I saw the blood. I was still bleeding this morning This morning we rushed to the FS's office and of all the luck, he was in surgery so it was the nurse scanning me. I think I was so freaked out even when she told me "oh there's the heartbeat", I was like, "where where?" Thankfully, it was okay, HB was 136 bpm and measured 7w2d. We even saw where the bleeding originated from, right next to the placenta. I was so relieved I started crying.

They are going to order some labs for me and are putting me on a new prenatal. Other than that, bed rest for the next week....that means lots of bnb.

sunshine, how terrifying, but I'm so glad your little bean is doing ok! Hopefully this will pass for you soon. :hugs:

Dhime, your LO is growing fast! I can't wait for my first (and only) scan next month. I want to see & find out what colors I should be buying.

My stomach has become a black hole recently & I can't stop eating (though still not huge portions at one sitting) for the first time in this pregnancy. The grocery budget is about to get out of control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->