30-Something Moms!

Joy- I am so so sorry about your mom :( that is sooooo hard to watch your parent who you've always seen as strong, independent care taker, need help from you now. My grandpa on my dad's side had Alzheimer's and it was hard to watch the decline. Fortunately the Alzheimer's was a blessing in disguise because he also was dying of cancer, but didn't know it! Since he wasn't with it by then. I hope there are more days of happiness than sadness in your future! :hugs:

Hi 2b! Good to hear from you!

Scooby- harass them! They don't call you for awhile. I always called my dr after 3 days. Blood work has to be analyzed the day of collection. They should have results by now !!

Turtle- sorry AF showed !! Boo! But ntnp is a good idea! Def takes some stress off. I hope it helps!

Afm: all I want to eat is CARBS!! I love salads but they so don't appeal to me right now. I want garlic bread, pizza, and pasta with lots of cheese!! Lol:dohh: I'm trying so hard to resist the urge! But I have never been good at that!!

Fleur- have you noticed your body changing at all yet? Weight or shape ?

I've still only gained 1-2 pounds depending on the day. But my belly sticks out more. There's no sucking it in! Guess it's time to accept it's only gonna get bigger lol. I know you can't tell in my pics but I have a BOOTY! Lol and my weight is considered overweight for my height. I'm 5'1 and weigh 140... My dr says I can only gain 25 pounds since I started off weighing more than average. I obviously don't wanna gain too much but I don't wanna stress over it either. #pregostruggles #cravingsarereal

Joy, I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, that is heartbreaking. My grandfather went through the same thing and it was hard on everyone (he lived with us). She’s lucky to have you and DH to care for her, that must be a source of comfort for her despite everything. Wishing you all a lot of strength. :hugs:

Turtle, sorry AF showed but I admire you for keeping such a positive attitude. I am SURE your time will come, although it probably seems like it’s taking forever. Enjoy the month off from the stress of obsessing over TTC.

crystlmcd, I’m looking forward to hearing your results tomorrow!

scoobybeans, my temps also went up and down before my BFP, and some women do have a stuffy nose in very early pregnancy! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Don’t worry about harassing your doctor, you have a right to know your results.

2b4us, it’s good to hear from you, update us when you have the time. We’re here if you need to chat / complain / rant !

Twinsie, you don’t look overweight! I’ve definitely put on weight on my tummy but it’s nothing to do with the baby… It’s just flab! I stopped going to the gym almost 7 weeks ago( since I bled a little after gym just one day after my BFP) and it shows haha. Last time I was really careful about what I ate, this time I’m much more relaxed and just indulging in whatever I like.. So yes, lots of carbs and biscuits and chocolate.

turtle- I'm so sorry AF showed up :( You have such a wonderful attitude about it though! I decided today that I need to start planning something fun for myself for after each BFN. Going out for martinis, seeing a concert, whatever. Just to try and keep my spirits up, you know? Because I have to admit, TTC is getting to me a little bit.

twinsie- I'm going to take your advice and call the doctor's today. Btw, you don't look overweight at all. I say relax and enjoy those carbs girlie :)

fleur- You're giving me a little hope now about my chart. I trolled FF's gallery this morning and came across a bunch of BFP's that had temp dips, so... maybe I'm not out yet.

crystl- I was so excited to see your temp go back up this morning! I have a great feeling that this is your month. When are you testing? Fingers and toes crossed!

afm, I had another slight temp dip this morning and woke up feeling like AF was on her way. Cramps, backache, headache, the works. Broke down and tested anyway but wasn't surprised at all to get a BFN. It's only 9 DPO though (it could even be 8 DPO) which is on the early side even for me. At this point I'm just hoping I can get to 11 or 12 days before AF shows or it'll feel like a setback. I'll let you guys know my progesterone test results if I get them later :)

I'm a bit behind and gonna go play catch up!

Joy, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I went through this with my grandfather. I'm glad she has you and your hubs by her side.

Twinsie, my weight seems to be all in my boobs. I'm still in my jeans from last year (unbuttoned with a belly band) but I'm going through bras like it's nobody's business!

Fleur, I would definitely call for those results. My lab would forget to call and have them sitting there.

Afm: trying to knock something's off the baby list. All the todos overwhelms me. I'm feeling more constant and definite kicks which is amazing but also drives you crazy because I sit there waiting to feel him again lol.

If this cycle is like my others, I'm expecting spotting this afternoon and/or evening. If I don't have any spotting then I'll test in the morning.

DH was sad yesterday because I told him matter-of-factly that AF would be here this weekend. He said so you're saying there's not even a chance this month?? I told him there is but I'm just not getting my hopes up. I felt bad afterwards for not being more hopeful.

If this cycle is like my others, I'm expecting spotting this afternoon and/or evening. If I don't have any spotting then I'll test in the morning.

DH was sad yesterday because I told him matter-of-factly that AF would be here this weekend. He said so you're saying there's not even a chance this month?? I told him there is but I'm just not getting my hopes up. I felt bad afterwards for not being more hopeful.

Just think of it as giving him some practice for the emotional ups-and-downs of a pregnant lady. :winkwink:

8DPO here. :coffee: This was my OHJOYOFJOYS-"implantation bleeding"-that-was-really-AF last cycle day. Soooo... hoping its not that for me today.

I've been queasy the past couple of days, but I think it's just nerves. It feels like when you get up really early in the morning to make it to the airport for a flight... you know what I mean? I always refer to it as "airport stomach". So, queasy, but not nauseous. An altogether unsatisfactory symptom to be spotting. I think I've now decided that the only symptom worth bothering about will be sore boobs. :haha: Which I don't have.

How is everyone else doing? Sounds like we'll have some testers this week!

Cutie, what fun things are on your To Do list?? I CANNOT WAIT to paint walls and buy soft things.

Fx for both of you ladies! It's hard to be hopeful after months of let downs but one of those times it's gonna be your BFP!

Top of the list - registering for birthing classes (check), finding nursery furniture, registries, and renovating our closets. I hate home repairs and decorating :( I'm a computer nerd. If this baby needed a blog, he'd be all set lol

Quick update while I'm dealing with computer issues at work. CD21 test results (which was 5 or 6DPO):

Progesterone: 8.43
Prolactin: 5.6
FSH: 2.8
Estradiol: 122.8
TSH: .76
T4: 1.09

They said everything was within normal range. Progesterone level indicated I did ovulate (woot!) but is a bit on low side of normal. No idea what other numbers mean :wacko:

Sorry to post and run!

Cutie, that's so exciting, even if it is a little stressful. I can't wait to do a registry and start buying nursery furniture.

Scooby - good news on the normal bloodwork!

Scooby I don't know much about levels either but that's good they are all normal! Except the progesterone bring on the low side of normal.. Did your dr suggest prescribing anything?? There's always vitex ! :)

Katie- I hope the vitex helps lengthen your LP!!

Cutie- I'm def overwhelmed about the todo list too but it's fun! I Pinterest a lot but really need to seriously look at registry stuff and compare products. Until we know the gender I find it hard to pick out nursery stuff. And I found out my ins doesn't cover the blood test so I have another 7 weeks or so to wait! I'm so convinced it's a boy still! I thought I'd be bummed, but I'm getting used to the idea of having a boy now. I hope it's a mini DH!!! That would be awesome!!

Katie- I know exactly what you mean about the airport stomach !! I get the same way when I travel. Poor DHs bowels pretty much go on strike when he travels, thankfully I can go anywhere lol. But the airport stomach sucks! Hope you feel better soon! or not?! ;) if queasy means baby !!

Well, my temp plummeted today. I took a test anyway and BFN. Expecting AF any time now.

Hi iwant!

Crystl, I'm currently hunting for the witch to punch her in the face.

I'm so sorry Crystl! :hugs: Temping can be so empowering and so frustrating at the same time. But at least you have other options for next cycle if the witch decides to show her ugly face. Have you decided if you're going to give clomid a try?

Haha! Thanks, cutie.

Joy, we are going to give clomid a try for a couple months but we're going to wait on the IUI to see if the clomid alone will do the trick. I have to go in for CD3 bloodwork once I confirm what CD3 is actually going to be.

Good morning, ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for all of your kind words! :hugs:

Twinsie, you and I are really close in weight/height! Funny! Good to know what the doctor will probably suggest weight gain wise for me once I'm pregnant. ;)

Scooby, I'm really sorry to hear that TTC is starting to get to you. Believe me, we all know how that is and feel for you! I love that you're going to do something to treat yourself though, what a fabulous idea! :thumbup: Your temps are still looking great this month though, when do you plan to test? Sorry, I think you already told me but I forgot! :dohh: I'm so happy to hear that you're blood work all came back in the normal range though! That's wonderful!

Cutie, great job in getting things marked off your to do list! :thumbup: I'm sure it's overwhelming. I'm such a list maker though and get such a big satisfaction over crossing things off my to do lists, so I would love that part of it! :haha:

Katie, I'm sorry about your "airport tummy", but I hope it sticks around if that means you're pregnant! :) How are you feeling today?

Cyrtsl, I'm so sorry about your temp dropping today, and the bfn. :( I am still holding out hope for you though that you're not out! :hugs:

Hi, Iwant, and welcome! :hi:

Fleur, and Joy, how are you ladies doing?

AFM, I've decided the only way for me to really enjoy this whole NTNP month without still obsessing over every little thing is for me to take a break from the boards. The whole point of this is to have a break from the stress, and I'm not giving myself a mental break if I'm on here all the time. But, I'm sure I'll still be logging in here and there to stalk and read a little! :haha: And I'm sure you'll see me still comment from time to time when big news comes along. ;) I'll be sure to update you ladies on my RE appt when I get back too! :hugs:

Turtle: Good idea! Enjoy your posting-break, AND a month of "normalcy"! I'm contemplating it for next month myself, so I'll be glad to hear how it goes for you. :hugs:

Turtle, taking time off from TTC and from everything that goes along with it was the best thing I could've done for myself last year. I was upset at first cause the decision to put TTC on hold came from my doctor and not me, but it ended up being such a blessing in the end. Enjoy this stress free time and being able to have regular spontaneous sex again without having to schedule it with the big O. You will feel so much more refreshed when you come back. Or you might just get your BFP when you stop trying and you won't have to worry about it anymore.:winkwink:

Turtle, we'll miss you but totally understand the need for a complete mental break. Enjoy your time and we'll be here when you get back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->