30-Something Moms!

Adorable bump pic, Joy! I'm sure the next few months will fly by for you

cutie, yay, I have symptoms then! AND they’re not bothersome! Glad I’m not the only one who feels like my pregnancy is going slow.

Twinsie, I guess the nuchal translucency test is a less sophisticated version of the 3D scan? “A nuchal translucency screening, or NT screening, is a routine ultrasound performed between week 11 to week 14. Fetuses with increased fluid at the base of their necks — a spot known as the nuchal fold — may have an extra chromosome.” It’s only supposed to be accurate in about 75-80% of cases. In the UK they combine it with a blood test, but not over here, that’s why I’m wondering whether to do the Harmony test for more accurate results. I’ll get a ticker (or several) after the 12 week scan if everything looks good!

crystlmcd, did the lab call you back? I was very surprised that they have such a sophisticated system over here, they send you a text message with log-in details so you can check your results online, usually on the same day they do the blood draw.

Joy, 3rd trimester, not very long to go now! What a lovely pic and bump, you look radiant. I’m so pleased your cousin is helping you out with your mom, it must be a comfort for all of you.

Katie, any news?

Turtle, hi if you're lurking!

So I’ve booked my scan for Friday morning, and I have a blood test tomorrow to test for blood sugar levels, toxoplasmosis, HIV (!!!) and some other stuff. I hate doing the HIV test because I always wonder what if it’s positive because the needle from my last blood test was infected (yeah, crazy, I know it’s not possible!). I had a tugging/pulling sensation under my abdomen earlier and was getting worried but it stopped quickly. The stress is never going to end… I’m so scared they’ll find something wrong at the scan on Friday!

Hi everyone!

Just quickly popping in to read everyone's updates! Work has been CRAZY, and DH and I just started our house hunt and found a place last night that we are trying to put together an offer on today. SCARY.

Joy, you are ADORABLE. Seriously.

AFM: Still no AF, and no spotting. I'm 14DPO now, presumably. I guess I'll test again Friday if nothing happens? I don't feel ANY symptoms, and I did an FRER when I tested on Sunday, so chances of a false negative are slim, but HEY. LETS KEEP ON HOPING! :wacko:

No lab results yet so they said they probably won't start me on clomid until next cycle. I had a horrible day at work and this news has completely deflated me. Good thing we have private "phone booths" at work because I am totally sitting here crying. What a completely crappy day.

:hugs: Crystlmcd :hugs: and more :hugs:.

I love what you've chosen for the nursery, cutieq! Hopefully DH gets over his fears soon...next thing he'll turn around and the baby will be here and all will be too tired for intimacy, ha!

Scooby, I also have a 13 year old stepson. He's so close to being taller than me now, scary! Sorry AF showed her ugly face, but good news on the luteal phase...progress for sure! Did you get an appointment for your hsg yet?

Release the stress Fleur...you do not have AIDS! Lol, sounds like you may need a distraction to keep your mind off of worries. Wishing you all the best on your scan Friday :thumbup:.

So hopeful for your BFP Katie! Good luck with the house buying as well!!!

Glad to hear that your cousin is helping out with your mom Katie. Your pic is too cute...the perfect little baby bump! I can see your belly button! :winkwink:

Sorry Crystl :( hugs!

Katie- fingers crossed so much for you!!!! Test! Test! Test! Testtttttt!!!!!! :) and gl on the house!

Fleur- yay 12 week can Friday!! Def don't sweat the tests! And post a Pic of your little one!! I can't wait till my scan Tuesday!!

Joy- so glad your cousin is helping you. Thank goodness for family!!

Aww Crystl, I'm so sorry you had a bad day. That really sucks they're taking this long to get your bloodwork back. I believe you can start Clomid up to CD5 so hopefully they get the results tomorrow so there's still a chance for you to start it this cycle.

Katie, that's so exciting you found a house that both you and your hubby like. I hope everything works out with your bid. It sounds really promising that you're already on CD 14 with no sign of AF. I can't wait for you to test!!!

Fleur, you're so funny! I guarantee you will not get HIV from having bloodwork done, lol!

2b, yes my belly button is totally sticking out. It's embarassing! I need to find a way to tape it down or something, lol!

crystlmcd, lots of :hugs: to you. I hope Joy is right and that you can start the Clomid up to day 5? Can you call the lab and tell them you need your results back urgently?

Katie, did you test??? Some women don’t get a BFP before 14 dpo at least. HOPING HOPING HOPING! Good luck on your bid with the house!

2b4us, how are you feeling?

Twinsie, I’m feeling apprehensive about the scan but I’ll definitely post a pic this time if all is going well! I think your doctor’s equipment is much more sophisticated though, my pics aren’t so clear.

Joy, I think the stickie out belly button is cute, don’t feel embarrassed. I’d love to have such a neat bump.

cutie, almost 20 weeks! I feel like your pregnancy is going faster than mine!

So I got my blood drawn this morning and the results were available online less than 4 hours later, I’m impressed! (I feel bad when I know how long you’ve been waiting for yours crystlcmd). I almost had a heart attack when I read “HIV non-reactive”, I thought it meant inconclusive results but Dr. Google says it means negative :blush: Everything is normal, except my red blood cell count which is very slightly below the normal range but I think it’s always been like that.

Good news on the blood results fleur !! Don't worry about your scan tom! Baby is doing great !

AFM: some girl that I barely know on our street was passing by on my walk outside and asked me if i was pregnant and it totally caught me off guard! I feel bigger but I didn't think I looked pregnant enough for someone to actually ask!! It kinda bugged me. Who asks someone that's barely 3 months prego that they are pregnant ? I could just have easily just had a huge meal and not be pregnant and I'm pretty sure I've looked this big after a big meal before lol. Thought that was very bold of her to ask and alittle rude. I've never cared for her so maybe that's why it bugged me but after she asked I just felt fat.. DH doesn't get it. He thinks I'd wanna look prego. I do but I've always been told no one should be able to tell until your 16 weeks and I'm 12 barely! So now I just feel fat! Sigh. #timetolayoffthecarbs

Aww don't feel bad Twinsie! I also think it's rude to ask people outright like that. What did you tell her? I've had people ask me when I wasn't even pregnant, ugh. You're short so it's bound to show sooner! My sis also told me that she'd noticed I'd put on weight...and I thought I'd been hiding it so well. I asked the doctor where the baby is today and it's well in the middle of my tummy so it makes sense that we'd start showing a bit now.

So I had my scan this morning and baby's looking good, yay! The doctor said I'm low risk for having a baby with Down's syndrome etc, and he wouldn't recommend the Harmony test. I can still do it later if he finds a problem. The baby was doing little jumps, so so cute <3 I'm going to try to post a pic but the quality is definitely not as good as abroad... Even in 3D we couldn't make out a thing. DH asked if he can see the sex, he tried but said he can't yet.

It doesn't look like it has a nose :shock:

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 13
Aww, adorable pic fleur! Glad everything is going well!

Cute Fleur! Mine didn't start looking like a baby in scans until my anatomy scan.

Twinsie, people will say anything! I was one of those cautious people that would assume but not ask. I had a lady say "oh you're ONLY 4 months. You look bigger" thanks?

Afm: tomorrow is 20 weeks. Halfway there and I can't believe I start to countdown. September feels soo close now!

Great news Fleur! Now you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about this weekend, right? :winkwink:

How are you doing crystlmcd? :hugs: Was yesterday a little better?

Some people have no couth Twinsie! Lol, you should have went all crazy pregnant lady on her....she'd stay clear! :haha:.

Oh the belly button is totally cute Joy! Definitely not something to be embarrassed by. When I get pregnant, my belly button will probably stick out like a sand pail when it emerges... :shock: I got a terribly deep innie...

Kaitie, anything???

Nothing exciting to report here. Just patiently waiting on AF and five o'clock Friday :dance:

2b, I second that on 5:00 Friday. This has been the longest week to date. I'm SURE of it.

Twinsie: UGH. I mean, I'm sure there's so little of you that any addition could be noticeable in the right tank top, but I'm PRETTY SURE only people you are CLOSE TO are supposed to ask you private questions. Like about your reproduction. I probably would have made the whole situation as awkward as possible. Like, "oh! I get that all the time, but no. I have a BLOCKED COLON of all things! Can you believe it?? The doctor says that things are really building up in there. Like, I think I have at least 10 pounds of waste material! I'm going in to get it taken care of soon, and it's supposed to be soooo unpleasant. I think they put a PROBE in you!":sick::devil:

Fleur: ADORABLE! His little hands and feet are THE CUTEST. When is your next scan?

AFM: So I took another test this morning, and still a BFN. Looks like the Vitex moved UP my O, but that my cycle will stay about the same length (29/30 days) this time around. At least I assume so. That would mean I should be seeing AF Sunday or Monday. I'm such a SCIENCE PROJECT. Next cycle I'm going to take it easy and not do any OPKs or track and just be... normal. You know? I think DH and I need it.

BUT.

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!! It's a little rural for my tastes, but exactly the sort of spot DH wanted, and the house is exactly what I wanted. An excellent compromise overall! It's single level living, which makes me happy because I've never lived in a two story home where the clutter only makes it as far as the stairs instead of getting all the way upstairs to be put away. And there's a BARN. And pumpkin pine floors! And a PANTRY! So, we are very delighted and now have to progress through the mortgage process with closing to happen on May 22. :shock: I feel like I'm finally an adult.

And now I'm ready to fill it up with babies. :winkwink:

Attachments

• Dining area.jpg
    Dining area.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 12
  • House Front.jpg
    House Front.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
Katie, I love it! I love the openess and the wood. Congrats on the house! Maybe your body was just waiting for your house situation to get resolved. I just saw that happen to another girl on bnb lol.

Katie - you crack me up! Also, gorgeous house! Congrats!!

2b - yesterday was another crappy day at work. Still no test results so I've just accepted the fact that this cycle is most likely another wasted one (though I know there's still a small chance it's not). I've already put in over 40 hours as of now due to working long hours the past 2 days so I'm going to be 'sick' after my last meeting of the day at 10:30. I may just go home and take a nap.

Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Crystl, great plan! You've served your time. And hey you are sick...sick of work! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->