30-Something Moms!

Ahhh, Crystl!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, CONGRATS!!!!! I was in the same boat as Fleur, when I read your post the other day I too wondered, but since the doctor had said you didn't ovulate, I didn't want to say anything. Ahhh!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sorry I've been MIA lately, I've been reading along! Dani, (it's going to take me awhile to get used to this whole real name thing! :haha:) I hope you had a lovely weekend lounging with your girlfriend! It sounds GREAT! And so happy to hear you passed your glucose test!

Jamie, how did the gender reveal go?? I'm anxious to hear, and to hear whether your twin was surprised! I hope it went great! I love the name you've chosen, btw!

Katie, congrats on closing on your house! So exciting! That's annoying though that they messed up the paperwork/figures initially...I would have handled it the same way you did with reading EVERYTHING!

Randi (I like your name too!!!), I'm so sorry to hear that you've been down lately. :( I'm sure it's really hard after a mc, and knowing how close together you guys would have been doesn't help at all I'm sure. I understand the feelings of bitterness...we ran into one of DH's oldest friends last night (the best man at our wedding) and him and his wife told us they're expecting. To be fair, I'm pretty sure they've been trying for about a year. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for them, especially with how long they've been trying! But it doesn't change the fact that I feel bitter (as does DH). I think it's also knowing that I'll most likely never be able to carry my own child that makes it sting a little bit more for me. And of course I'm going to be outwardly happy for them and bitter to DH and you lovely ladies on here. It's just hard sometimes, this whole ttc thing is. Funny how I never feel upset or bitter at all when one of you lovely ladies gets a bfp though! I think it's going through it together on here that helps me and makes it different. :hugs:

Fleur, I'm sorry that you haven't felt anything for a little while now! :( I do hope you get good news on Friday and that he's just resting in there. :hugs: Do the movements become pretty consistent normally once you start feeling them, or do they take time to build up usually until you're feeling them all the time?

Scooby, good luck tomorrow!!! I really hope everything goes smoothly for you. I'm so sorry that you've been having such bad cramps, I hope they can figure out what's causing it and get you all fixed up (both to help with that and to give you your bfp in no time at all)!

Joy, I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing okay for now, but I'm also so sorry to hear that it's taking such a toll on you and your husband. :( I can only imagine, and I think it's normal that it WOULD take a toll on you. It's so not an easy thing that you're going through. Please feel free to vent about it on here whenever you need to, we're all here for you! :hugs: I'm so glad to hear your shower went so well too! I can't believe how close you are now! So exciting!!!

AFM, DH's dad was in town this weekend for a visit. This is the first time I've met him, and the first time DH has seen him since our graduation day from high school 16 years ago. We were both really nervous and excited for his visit and it went great! I'm really hoping this will open the door for more visits going forward. He mentioned a couple of times us coming down to see him sometime (he lives in Alabama, where DH was born) and we'd both really like to do that. We're going to plan a trip sometime. :) It was a really nice weekend and such a relief that it went so well!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Oh, I'm Jenny by the way. :)

Jamie, you were posted as I did! So glad to hear the party went so well! You look SO cute btw!!! So do you think your twin was genuinely surprised?? And is it just the 2 of you, or do you have any other siblings?

Fleur - I will be calling the doc tomorrow. I have no idea what she'll do since I've never been pregnant before but I'm hoping she'll order bloodwork. I'll keep you all updated.

Twinsie - those are adorable pics! I'm glad the party went so well! I'm hoping my mom will be excited but she already has 6 grandkids so it might just be like 'ok, another one'.

Scooby - good luck with the hsg. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Jenny - I'm so glad the visit with DH's dad went so well. I had a very strained relationship with my dad my whole life so I know how nice it is when you can reconnect and have some good times.

BTW - I'm Crystal (yes, I know I'm very original with usernames).

Jenny- I'm so glad the visit went well! I can imagine that being very nerve racking!! So I was tempted to ask my sis if she caught my slip and knew already but she seemed genuinely happy and excited so I just went with it! Whether she was excited for confirmation or it was her first time finding out I'll never know! But she seemed genuinely excited! Jumping up and down holding Madyson (her 9 month old who is just beautiful ). I'll post a Pic, it's funny cuz my sisters daughter is gonna look nothing like my daughter!! Her and her husband are both blond hair blue eyes with pale skin, and DH and I are both brown/black hair with Brown eyes and with slightly darker skin!

Fleur, I agree. It didn't ger consistent and definite for me until around 20-22.

OMG CRYSTL...those lines are so strong there's no way they could be false positives. Congratulations!!! I am so unbelievably excited for you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I was looking at your chart yesterday and it definitely looked like you ovulated, so I also thought the dr might be wrong by telling you that. Shows how much they know. I'm so, so, so very happy for you!!!

Just a quick one... best wishes on your ultrasound and HSG tomorrow scooby!!! I will write more tomorrow, but now I must get my beauty rest ;). I've been thinking about you all day today Crystal, sooooo exciting and crazy!!! I had to share the story with DH and sister...I think they think I'm a little nutty being so happy for someone I've never even met, ha!

Aw, thanks Randi! I talk to DH about you guys too so yesterday he says "did you tell your friends on the message board? Are they mad at you?" So funny. Took a couple more tests today so now just waiting an hour and a half until my doctor's office opens. I'll check back in later. Have a good day, ladies!

Attachments

• 2015-06-08 06.59.51.jpg
    2015-06-08 06.59.51.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 12
Thanks, Joy! I'm wondering if they just checked my progesterone too soon since they had me come in a week after I had the ultrasound where she said my follicles were too small. Who knows! I kept telling DH there was no chance that I was pregnant because the doctor said I didn't ovulate. Guess I should listen to him more (but don't tell him that!).

Aw, thanks Randi! I talk to DH about you guys too so yesterday he says "did you tell your friends on the message board? Are they mad at you?" So funny. Took a couple more tests today so now just waiting an hour and a half until my doctor's office opens. I'll check back in later. Have a good day, ladies!

HOLY CRAP! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR YOU RIGHT NOW!!

Crystal, he asked if we were mad at you?! NO WAY, that would never happen!!!! I can only speak for myself but I'm 100% positive that the rest of these lovely ladies feel the same: I am over the moon, thrilled for you!!! Seeing your post yesterday put a huge grin on my face! I can't wait to hear how it goes when you call the doctor today! <3

Also, I'm sorry that you and your dad have had a rocky relationship your whole life too. :( I'm not a daddy's-little-girl type or anything, but my dad and I have a good relationship and talk often so I have a really hard time imagining what that must be like. I'm beyond thrilled that DH and FIL have started mending their relationship, and I hope you and your dad have had the opportunity to do that too! :)

Jamie, I'm so glad that you go the reaction you were hoping for from your sister! That's so great! Her daughter is adorable btw, I'm loving all the pics you've posted!

Randi, that's funny...I'm always telling DH about you ladies too! I think he finds it funny in a chuckle at me type of way, but nicely. He thinks it's cute. :)

My DH also thinks I'm weird. I refer to you as my "online buddies" and he thinks its so crazy! lol

Crystal, sooooo happy for you!!!!

SUCH EXCITEMENT GOING ON! NEW BFP! GENDER REVEAL PARTY! HAPPY FAMILY RECONNECTIONS! VIRGIN MOJITOS! AND I'M AT WORK SO I HAVE TO LOOK LIKE A NORMAL PERSON BUT I AM CHEERING ON THE INSIDE.

phew!

I hope everyone had lovely weekends... it certainly seems like you all did! It makes me so happy that we have this thread. My DH doesn't really know I'm on a forum or anything, but I am SO GLAD I found our thread and that we get to share all our ups and downs. Sometimes I check it on my phone, and DH asks what I'm doing and I'm like "oh, a friend of mine is moving her office today and she kinda just found out that she's pregnant so I was just seeing how it went..." He doesn't really understand how hard the TTC process is on a woman, and how much it means to have a good support group. Which all of you are! :flower:

Happy Monday!

crystl- Oh my god!!! Congratulations, I'm so so so excited for you! :happydance: I've been having such an awful morning and seeing your good news just put the biggest smile on my face. I always thought the doctor was wrong because your chart sure looked like you ovulated to me. Those are some wonderful, strong lines you've got there, not to mention the digital! It must be amazing to finally see it in print. :hugs: Hooray!

fleur- My sister didn't feel any movement until about 20 weeks or so, so I totally wouldn't be concerned. She said she'd feel weird flutters before that, and she wasn't even sure if it was the baby or not. I know you'll have peace of mind after your scan :)

twinsie- Thank you for posting the pics, your family looks so sweet and I'm glad the gender reveal went so well! It's awesome that your daughter and your niece will be so close in age.

katie- congrats on the house closing!

I'm so far behind on these posts so I'm really sorry if I missed anyone. Also I'm still trying to figure out the whole real names thing lol. I'm Christine by the way :)

Thank you so much for all of your support! I'm still nervous about the tests but also really looking forward to finally knowing what's happening. I'll pop on here later and let you guys know how it went :)

Twinsie, thanks for the pics, you ARE a yummy mummy ! Looks like a fun time was had by all. I can imagine the scream-o-meter from Monsters Inc. going crazy with all the excited screams from your family :haha: I don’t know why I always imagined your sister and you as identical twins.

Turtle, I’m glad that your father-in-law’s visit went well, I hope that things will be more straightforward from now on and that they’ll be able to start mending their relationship.

crystlcmd, I’m sure your mom will be as excited for your baby, it’s your first one after all. Does she know how long you’ve been trying? Congrats again, these are VERY positive tests! Have you managed to talk to the doctor already?

cutie, I’ve just noticed you’re in the third trimester already, woohoo!

2b4us, my DH also knows about my online friends, he tells people “she’s on a forum!”, as if I’m crazy :haha: Sometimes when I’m freaking out about something, he asks “what do your forum friends think?”

Katie, all of you have been incredibly supportive, I’m also so happy to have this thread!

scooby, good luck again, update us afterwards.

Joy, how are you feeling with only a month to go? :D

Thanks a lot for trying to reassure me everyone, DH is right, I keep coming up with something new to stress about each week :blush:

Fleur haha! Yummy mummy, thank you!! I will remember that when I'm having a "i feel fat" moment!! I think i look decent for almost 20 weeks! Def need to work on my arms though.. if for no other reason but to get stronger for holding a baby for hours on end soon ! Lol my sisters arms got crazy toned after the first 6 months of being a mom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->