30-Something Moms!

Aw, Fleur. I'm sorry your scan wasn't as exciting as you hoped. The pic is still cute, though! I'm feeling good. My sleep has been getting a little better but there are still times I can't sleep. Honestly, other than sore boobs, I don't really feel pregnant. I think maybe seeing the baby (or jellybean as I like to call him/her right now) on my scan next week will make it more real.

Dani - I think that's a good idea to leave some stuff to do when you're getting down to the last few months so you have stuff to keep you busy the whole time.

Christine - I know quite a few women get EWCM for multiple days prior to O so maybe O is still a couple days away for you. I would BD just in case! Good luck!

Randi & Katie - Did you test????

I hope you all have a good weekend!

I tested yesterday morning...a big ol' bfn and now it seems as though I've started spotting. Onto the next cycle! Going to get back to taking my bbt, it makes me feel a little more in control of things.

How disappointing Fleur! I'd also be tempted to get another one done. Is that the baby's bits we can see? Um, he looks excited...;). Aqua aerobics here is like your zumba in the mornings...a whole bunch of grey haired ladies bobbing up and down in the water, ha-ha! I'm glad to hear you've decided to travel :).

Sorry I can't give you any insight on the opks Christine, I never got the hang of them. Any progress since yesterday though?

I'm glad you're not feeling any pressure at this moment to get things in order before baby's arrival Dani. How close to your due date are you wanting to work until?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! It's a little fresh here today, 11 Celsius/52 Fahrenheit...yuck!

I tested yesterday morning...a big ol' bfn and now it seems as though I've started spotting. Onto the next cycle! Going to get back to taking my bbt, it makes me feel a little more in control of things.

How disappointing Fleur! I'd also be tempted to get another one done. Is that the baby's bits we can see? Um, he looks excited...;). Aqua aerobics here is like your zumba in the mornings...a whole bunch of grey haired ladies bobbing up and down in the water, ha-ha! I'm glad to hear you've decided to travel :).

Sorry I can't give you any insight on the opks Christine, I never got the hang of them. Any progress since yesterday though?

I'm glad you're not feeling any pressure at this moment to get things in order before baby's arrival Dani. How close to your due date are you wanting to work until?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! It's a little fresh here today, 11 Celsius/52 Fahrenheit...yuck!

Taking my temp always made me feel a little better. I will work up until my due date but one week prior, I will work from home. So I can be at home when contractions, etc start. So end of August should be my last week in the office.

Aww fleur I'm so sad you didn't get the bonding experience you wanted!! Can you reschedule ??! I have a scan on Monday as part of some genetic testing and then my final scan to measure anatomy etc, with my OB on the 25th. I'll be almost 22 wks so I'm hoping to see a lot then! The movements feel like little flutters. Like something is swimming around in there lol it's quick and if it doesn't happen more than once in a minute then Id second guess if it's the baby but usually she moves for a few minutes before she falls asleep again :) it's amazing! DH is in awe when I tell him I felt her moving. He can't wait to be able to feel//see movement himself but that'll be awhile.
Your pic of the baby is cute though! I hope you get another one done!

Sorry for the bfn randi :/ wow it's chilly there! I'd love that, it's a humid 88 degrees here today YUCK

Morning everyone!

Fleur: YAY PICTURE!! I'm sorry your experience was disappointing :hugs: OBs should know they need to schedule a little more appointment time on scan days!! Of course you'd want to spend some time admiring your little bubs.

Your trip sounds sooooo lovely. I was just daydreaming yesterday about planning a trip to Provence. It's on my bucket list. I want to spend a week there, driving around and looking at roman ruins, hiking, and eating, and then drive over the Alps to Lake Como. I want to stay here: https://www.theluberon.com/rentals/ls/menerbes/4/menerbes-two and then I want to stay here: https://www.villadeste.com/en/13/home.aspx Now all I need to do is save up like, $20,000 to do it!! :blush: Guess it'll STAY on my bucket list.

Dani, I think you've got the right idea. There's no need to rush! Take it from this Type A lady, who has decided that ALL THE HOUSE PROJECTS NEED TO HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY. It's exhausting. And really, there's no need! you've got tons of time, and I PROMISE you will not run out of things to buy. :haha:

Randi: Sorry about the test. :hugs: Mine was negative too, but I figured. I mean, I'm pretty certain that the bleeding I had a weekish ago was O bleeding, so getting a positive test three days later would have been mind-boggling. Not that EVERYTHING about my body isn't mind boggling right now. I am ALSO considering trying out the whole BBT thing. I finally peed on my last OPK, and I'm thinking I don't really need to buy more for awhile. What do you prefer about that method?

AFM:

House Remodeling Tip of the Week: If you want to make a space feel updated, but have minimal time, energy, or money, spray paint the hardware. Seriously. I bought a couple cans of "oiled bronze" Rustoleum spray paint, and sprayed all the door knobs, hinges, curtain hardware. It took, like, 5 minutes. ITS AMAZING. And it cost $7.99/can. Goodbye, brass! Hello, Pottery Barn!

As I mentioned above, the test was negative. I am also still bleeding. It's light, but it's probably more than spotting. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the doctor. In the past three weeks I've NOT bled for 6 days. Sooooooo, yeah. I'm ready for a little time off of AF. Or whatever this is. And DH is ALSO ready for my to have a little time free from her too. :wacko:

Randi - sorry about the BFN. Hopefully next cycle is the one. I would love for it to be in the 50s! We are getting 80s-90s and humid. Gross!

Katie - sorry about the BFN. I hope AF goes away soon and your appt with your dr goes well.

Jamie - I hope your scan goes well today!

AFM - got some good rest this weekend and saw Jurassic World. Good movie! Nothing else to report on my end. Hope everyone has a good week!

My scan went great! Baby girl is measuring 20 weeks and 5 days now. I'll post a few pcs!

Katie- sorry for the bfn :/ you're too funny about wanting to get everything done on the house NOW! I am the same way!! But we def won't have the time or money so one major project
/update a year I think!

Fleur- Thank you, that's very good advice! You're so right, everyone's story is unique. There are no absolutes when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm so glad that everything is going well with the baby, but totally understand why you were disappointed with your scan. I would have been too! I vote for another one :) Your trip sounds amazing, have a wonderful time. Love your pic!

Donna- Wow, I would have been super upset if they'd turned the monitor away from me too. Mostly because I'd be worried something was wrong! But then also, naturally you want to see the baby. You get so few chances to do it. At least you'll see him really soon :)

Crystal- What day is your scan? I always keep everyone's important scan/testing days in mind so I can come back and hear the news lol. I'm glad you're still feeling good. From what I hear, you should probably enjoy that while it lasts ;)

Randi- Boo for BFN! 52F/11C actually sounds wonderful right about now though. It's been super muggy and sticky here, yuck! I agree with you on temp taking. I thought it would be annoying but now I really like it.

Katie- Sorry for BFN. When do you get to see your doctor? You must be so sick of it now! I'm glad you're having fun being Suzy Homemaker though lol. Also, I love that you take vicarious vacations. That place looks insane.

Dani- I just realized (duh) that you're having a fall baby, how lovely :) So you only get 2 scans total? Is that how it usually works? Sorry, I'm kind of clueless about this lol.

Jamie- Hooray for pics! What a great profile shot. I'm so glad your scan went well, it must be amazing to see Sienna growing :)

AFM, it's sort of a mystery when/if I actually ovulated? BBT's said one thing, OPK's said another and my body said something else, so... I'm either 1DPO or 3DPO, I think? Or I may have not O'd at all, which I hope is not the case! Anyway, I took out a funky high temp from right after the HSG (which I'm thinking was maybe elevated from inflammation) and FF is telling me that I'm 3DPO. Not with solid lines, with dashed lines. But I'll go with that.

I'm thrilled to announce that our baby boy, Sean Michael, arrived safely today at 3:53pm weighing 6lbs 7oz and measuring 19 inches. He is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I am already so in love! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Aw congrats!!! Would love to hear your birth story when you're all settled.

Welcome Sean! Enjoy your baby snuggles!

Oh wow, congrats Donna!!!!! I can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics!!! So excited and happy for you. :hugs:

I'll try to catch up with everyone else in a bit! :)

Congratulations Donna!!! I can't wait to see pictures of little Sean :)

I'm thrilled to announce that our baby boy, Sean Michael, arrived safely today at 3:53pm weighing 6lbs 7oz and measuring 19 inches. He is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I am already so in love! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

HEY!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs::hugs::yipee::yipee::yipee::blue::blue:

Wow! Congrats Donna !!!!! So happy your little boy is healthy and you are doing well! Can't wait to see pics! Share your birth story when you get a chance! Congrats again! :)

Jamie - those are adorable ultrasound pics!

Christine - my scan is Thursday early afternoon. I'll post on Thursday afternoon when I get a minute. It's also my 2nd wedding anniversary and I still haven't gotten hubby a gift!

3 more days until the weekend! Thank goodness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->