30-Something Moms!

Christine- you def still have time! I didn't get a faint line until 14dpo!

Dani- love your nursery! Looking great!

Good afternoon, ladies! I'm playing catch up again! :dohh:

Crystal, OMG!!! That's crazy, amazing, wonderful news!!! Ahhh, so exciting!!! I can't WAIT to hear what you find out on the 1st!!! :happydance:

Hi, Nin! Nicely done with the names. :) I'm doing well, thanks! Today is DH's birthday, and mine is next Tuesday. So it's kinda our hectic birthday week around here right now!...not that we're doing much, but it always feels hectic to me. When do you leave for Europe?! I'm so excited for you! I think it's a great idea, and sounds worth the money, to do the scan when your aunt and grandma can go with. I'm sure they would LOVE that!!! :thumbup:

Dani, the room is looking great! Love it! You're looking pretty darn ready to me! Which is good because little guy will probably be here before you know it. Our headboard is a DIY one as well, that MIL made for DH a few years before we met! I really like it, it's pretty cool! Hope you had more fun making the headboard and curtains than you expected. :winkwink:

Jamie, are you getting excited for your ultrasound this week? I can't believe you're already to the point of having your last one!!! Where does the time go?!

Christine, I agree with the other ladies...10dpo is still VERY early, and you can definitely still get a BFP after getting a BFN at that stage!!! PLENTY of women do. And I've heard the same as some of the others, that a FRER is less sensitive than the IC's are, so a lot of women don't even get a positive on those until a day or two after a faint positive on an IC. I can't wait for you to test again! I personally would save the FRER until after I got a + on an IC, but that's just me! I'm cheap! ;) I'm still WAY hopeful for you!!! And thanks, the weekend swimming was just what the doctor ordered!

Donna, he is SO, SO precious!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your birth story, and for sharing the pics! I just want to scoop him up! :D I'm glad to hear your birth story went pretty well for the most part (nicely done with staying so calm, btw!) and glad to hear that breastfeeding is going so well. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your adorable little guy! :)

Randi and Katie, how are you lovely ladies doing?

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! :)

Home Renovation Tip of The Week:

When you are trying out paint colors, buy several decent sized canvases at the craft store, and paint each a different color. Then you can reuse your samples all around the house, and store them for painting decisions later!

I am loving the speed of this thread lately! So much excitement. Donna, I have to say that I haven't heard of anyone having a joyous breastfeeding experience during the first week, and it's pretty scary. I mean, the phrase "and then my nipples toughened up" is really not appealing. I plan on breastfeeding when my time comes too, but I'm not looking forward to the pain! :nope: It seems crazy, but I'm less afraid of labor I think! It's like, OK, this will last a few hours and be over and then I'll have this marvelous baby, versus OK, this will last for several times a day for months...

...yay?

I'll be interested to hear how your experience is going forward and to hear all your tips!

Christine: How are things looking today?? I checked your chart (hello, stalker! :haha:) but you haven't updated it yet today. MY FX ARE CROSSED FOR YOU SO HARD.

AFM: So I saw my doctor last week, and it was a truly lovely experience. I just love her. And she didn't make me feel crazy, or that I was being overly anxious or anything. Very affirming! She thinks that the Vitex is probably the root of all my issues this cycle, and that what happened is that I probably did not ovulate last cycle. She said sometimes when that happens, your body gets super confused, and the hormones that trigger your period don't happen. But, at the same time, your body knows it's not pregnant, so it will trigger hormones to start a new cycle. Then, you start building up a new endometrium on top of the old one. Eventually, you reach some sort of tipping point, and your body is like "OH. WHOOPS." So, basically, I had to play catch up and shed the OLD endometrium that my body forgot about, and THEN shed the new one it was growing, and THEN probably start over completely. Get all that? Good. :wacko:

She said that my short luteal phase is of concern, but that it is possible my body is still working out its cycles after coming of BCP. (BY THE WAY, can we all talk about how dramatically BCP affect us???? :growlmad:) SO, the plan is for me to wait until I get a new AF, and then go back to the OPKs. When I get a surge, I'm supposed to call in and schedule a blood test for 7 days out, and then have them test my levels to make sure I'm actually ovulating. We'll have a chat about the results, and see if it's necessary that I talk to an endocrinologist.

The weird thing now is that I'm not really sure I'm ready for that step. Here I am, peeing on everything and holding my breath and riding the highs of the TWW and the LOWS of the BFNs and.... I don't know. I'm just not ready to deal with infertility. Does that make any sense?? I want to KNOW, because OPKs are expensive, and if I'm not ovulating I can stop buying them and also getting my hopes all in a tizzy, but after I KNOW, I'm not sure I'm ready to start down any medical path. :dohh:

Maybe it won't be necessary though, and everything is OK, and all I DO actually need is a little more time? In which case: HURRY UP BODY. YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.

Donna- I've heard the Dollar Tree tests are decent. I'll have to look into that! I'm glad you guys are figuring out breastfeeding. I remember my sister really struggled for the first week too. You'll be a pro in no time!

Jamie- Wow, 14DPO seems so late! What brand tests were you using? Your last u/s is this week right? Good luck!!!

Jenny- I'm glad you had fun swimming. What are your birthday plans? that's so cute that you and your man have birthday's close together like that. Good advice on tests. Most people talk about FRER like they're the king of tests, but I have heard some stories where IC's were more sensitive. Gives me a tiny shred of hope :)

AFM, my temp was way down this morning and I got another BFN. I'm pretty bummed to be honest. I really thought this was it. I know it's not over until AF shows, but I'm being realistic at this point and assuming it's not going to happen this month. It's so disheartening when you time everything perfectly and it's still not good enough. My chart this month was such a tease, it makes me not even want to temp anymore. Sorry, I'm just feeling sorry for myself today :( I know some people try way, way longer, but moving onto cycle #8 is hard to swallow.

AFM, my temp was way down this morning and I got another BFN. I'm pretty bummed to be honest. I really thought this was it. I know it's not over until AF shows, but I'm being realistic at this point and assuming it's not going to happen this month. It's so disheartening when you time everything perfectly and it's still not good enough. My chart this month was such a tease, it makes me not even want to temp anymore. Sorry, I'm just feeling sorry for myself today :( I know some people try way, way longer, but moving onto cycle #8 is hard to swallow.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

We can be mad at cycle #8 together.

Katie - I totally understand about not wanting to move on to the medical route. When I got referred on for additional testing, I was terrified. But it is so much better just knowing what's going on so then you can make informed decisions about what you want to do or don't want to do as far as medical intervention is concerned. I hope it turns our to be nothing and the BCP just caused things to be wacky for a while.

Christine - sorry about your temp dip! I'm still holding out hope for you this cycle. I had charts like that before and it was always so frustrating when AF showed up.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

We can be mad at cycle #8 together.

Deal! :thumbup: I'm glad you went to your doctor and got some insight into the bleeding. Have you looked into vitamin B6 to increase your luteal phase? I totally understand where you're coming from on the whole "So what's next... and do I want to deal with it?" situation. My DH is getting his SA done this weekend and I'm sort of thinking since it's not me it might be him. If it is I think he'll just feel all sad and guilty about it, and I don't want him to feel crappy. This is supposed to be a positive thing. So I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

ETA: Thank you Crystal! :)

Katie, that's a great home renovation tip! I love it!!! How are the renovations going? I'm SO glad to hear your appointment with your doctor went so well last week, that's great news! :thumbup: Sounds like you're in capable hands and well on the road to your bfp!

Christine, thanks! I love how close in age we are, I love giving him a hard time about him being sooooo much older than me for those 8 days that he's a "year older" than I am. :winkwink: Sometimes we do joint presents and sometimes we actually exchange; this year we decided to use the money I had in the budget for presents to just go out for a fancy birthday dinner date instead. I love having date night where we don't have to worry too much about how much we're spending and it doesn't happen often...we're overdue! So that's our "big plans". :) I'm so sorry that your temp went down this morning. :( It's still WELL above your coverline though, so I'm still really hopeful for you! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Honestly, that's a lot of why I stopped temping...I just became too obsessed over it and wasn't able to have any sort of relaxation during the TWW because of it! :haha:

I absolutely get where you ladies are coming from with moving onto the medical path of things, and not being sure you want to. I was very much excited to, just to know what was going on and fix it if we could, but I was also terrified of something being wrong and unsure what we were wanting/willing to do medically. The results were pretty crushing for us and while I'm glad to know instead of getting my hopes up every month, I also wish I could just go back to not knowing sometimes so I can pretend it will still maybe happen sometime for us. :( I'm definitely not over it yet, and I think it will take some time for both of us to get to that point. And Christine, I know what you mean about if he gets bad results...it was a huge blow for DH and I know he feels guilty and at fault for it. It breaks my heart for him. I'm sure that you ladies will get good news though and won't have any problems and will be able to get pregnant in no time at all! Having results can definitely be a good thing! :)

Enjoy your scan tomorrow Jamie!

Finally some answers Katie! That's crazy about the two linings....I had no idea our bodies could do that. Hear's hoping your cycle gets back on track ASAP! Let's be happy with cycle 9! Great home Reno tip btw!

Happy to hear things are going well Donna! Enjoy all your snuggles :).

Great name Nin! Is that short for something? I hope you're having an awesome trip!!!

Have you already gone out for the birthday dinner Jenny or is that this weekend?

Crystal, how have you been feeling...besides impatient? ;)

Dani, three quarters of the way there, holy smokes! It just seems like you posted your first baby bump photo yesterday! Btw, I think it's time for an updated one!

:hugs: Christine :hugs:. It's hard not to get frustrated, hang in there though...you WILL get that BFP!

Afm, expecting O within the next 2-3 days. Celebrating my 34th bday on Friday...maybe that'll be the lucky day ;)

Randi - I'm feeling good. Thanks for asking! Still no morning sickness or anything so mostly just dealing with being tired and heartburn. I've gotten pretty used to the sore boobs by now so those don't phase me anymore. I think I may have ovulated on my bday the cycle I got my BFP so maybe this month will be lucky for you! Here's hoping!

Christine - have you tested again or are you waiting?

I hope everyone has had a good week!

Bump pic as requested!

I had an appointment today. Baby is measuring 30w and his heartbeat is perfect so things are going great.

Crystal, tums, Zantac and milk helped my heartburn but nothing truly makes it go away :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
Dani, love the bump pic! Thanks for sharing. You look fabulous! Glad everything was looking good at your appointment! :thumbup:

Randi, we're actually going to have our birthday dinner on Thursday the 2nd I think (we're both off the 3rd). That's the soonest we can seem to fit it in! Oh yay for your birthday being tomorrow!!! Any big plans to celebrate? Happy early birthday! So crazy, we're so close in age!...I'll be 34 as well on Tuesday! :) I really hope you conceive on your birthday, how cool would that be! :)

Crystal, that's awesome that that's when you think you conceived too! So cool! I'm glad you're feeling okay for the most part, I hope the tiredness and heartburn subside for you soon! :hugs:

Christine, I'm also dying to know if you've tested again?!

Bump pic as requested!

I had an appointment today. Baby is measuring 30w and his heartbeat is perfect so things are going great.

Crystal, tums, Zantac and milk helped my heartburn but nothing truly makes it go away :(

Adorable bump! Tums have become my new evening snack :cry:

Jenny- Date night is the best. DH and I are foodies, we're always looking for good new places to eat. Splurging on an expensive meal is one of my favorite things to do, especially when we're both stressed out and need a little break. Enjoy your birthday dinner! You're right about ignorance being bliss, but ulimately I think it's better knowing. DH is finally getting his SA tomorrow, so that will be the final piece of the puzzle for us. In your case there's still a chance though right? I know you'll have your baby one way or another :)

Randi- Happy Birthday!!! :flower: Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? (Besides babymaking lol) Thank you for the :hugs: My turn to root for you now. Good luck!!!

Dani- Aww, adorable bump! I'm so happy to hear your final scan went well. Is the end going quickly or dragging for you?

Crystal- I hope the heartburn eases up for you soon! One weird remedy that works for me is apple cider vinegar. It's gross but it helps some people.

AFM I have no idea what's going on with my body. I had cramping and spotting like AF was about to start on Wednesday, no cramping just spotting yesterday (and the worst migraine I've ever had) and today- nothing. Just the same sore boobs I've had for over a week.

I took out the positive OPK from 6/12 and FF now says I didn't ovulate. If you look at my temps, there's a slight possibility I did but it happened way later, like 6/15 or 6/16, in which case I'd only be 10 or 11DPO today. If the original 6/12 O date was right, I'd be 14DPO today, and I've never made it that long before, ever. I've also never missed a period in my life. What the hell is going on??? What do you guys think? I tested this morning and it was a stark white BFN. I guess if I didn't ovulate it makes sense that I'm not getting a period, right? Argh!

Randi, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you have a fantabulous day!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: And good luck catching that eggie! :winkwink:

Christine, I totally agree!!! Splurging on a meal, especially when we're both stressed out and/or need a break, is one of our favorite things to do too! Date night is just so fun. :) Yes, I guess technically we do still have a chance, but it's a 1% chance so I'm certainly not holding my breath on that one! Haha! And that's great news that DH is having his SA tomorrow! Good luck, I really hope you don't have to wait long for the results and that you get GREAT results back! Be sure to keep us posted! As for what is going on with your body, I just don't get it. :shrug: It certainly sounds to me like you are pregnant, and your chart is looking really good...but the possibility of not having ovulated yet is really throwing a wrench in that. ;) Hmmm...I really do hope you get some answers soon!..preferably in the form of a BFP!!! :hugs:

Crystal, I'm so sorry the heartburn is so bad! Hehe, Tums are my nightly snack too and have been for years now. I have GERD pretty badly and although I take medicine for it daily, I pretty much always need Tums come night time. Hang in there, hopefully it'll pass soon! :hugs:

Hi ladies! My appt was a total bummer. I thought I'd be having a scan but apparently my last one was weeks ago. So I was sad! Plus my dr told me I'm gaining too much weight and lectured me. Which is never fun! I don't agree completely with her since I eat healthy and am not about to stop eating (I don't eat extra just normal like I always did ) so I was upset after the appt.. I haven't been working out and I was a huge workout person prior so I'm assuming that's why I've gained weight more so.

Anywhoo- I have my fx for you ladies waiting in the TWW!! And those getting ready to BD, go catch that eggy!!!

Dani- loving ur bump!!
Sorry for such a short response, home sick with a horrible sinus infection and not feeling well. Have a great wknd ladies!!!

Christine, there is a noticeable shift in your temperatures so it definitely looks like you ovulated, but it could've been as late as 6/16 or 6/17 based on how your chart looks. I know it's hard but give it a few more days and keep testing. You'll have some answers soon enough! Hugs :hugs:

Randi - I hope you had a great birthday!

I had an insanely busy weekend. Yesterday I was co-hostess for my friend's wedding so I had to be at the venue around noon to help decorate and get everything set up. Luckily DH helped out a ton as well as the other hostess and her husband. I also had to help clean up after so it was a pretty late night for me. It was hot so I still had to shower when I got home and then finally got to go to sleep. Today, I had to get up early so we could help my mom move. She didn't move far but my sister and her 2 kids live with her so we were moving 4 people. Since my family doesn't know I'm expecting yet, I made up an excuse about hurting my back yesterday so I couldn't lift anything too heavy. I am so exhausted and just got home from the grocery store. I just want to sleep but I still have laundry to do. Boo!

Hope you ladies had a great weekend!

Aw you poor thing! It's crazy how easily you tire when pregnant! I had a bridal shower this weekend and here is Monday and I'm still tired from it!

Jamie, I'm so sorry about your appointment! :( How disappointing to find out you already had your last scan, and didn't know at the time that it was your last one. Bummer for sure! :hugs: I hope you're feeling better from your sinus infection, and that you were able to rest up this weekend!

Crystal, sounds like a busy weekend for sure! That's enough to make anyone exhausted, I can't imagine how tired you must be pregnant! I hope you were able to get some good sleep last night, and woke up feeling much more rested today! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->