30-Something Moms!

And eventually your body wil get so tired sleep will not even be an option

Dani, YOUR ticker is making me so nervous. 16 days!!?? How did your due date creep up like that?

Second what Dani said. I still check every time I pee. The first few days were the worst for me for sleeping because I had a million things going through my head but that will get better (and then worse then better, etc etc).

I think I checked for blood all the way up til the third tri when I started feeling the baby moving like crazy. Lit does become the new normal but you will be ok! And even if you see blood it doesn't mean something is wrong. I had several days of brown spotting in week 6 and everything was fine. When is your first appt?

Dani, OMG I can't believe you only have 16 days left. How are you feeling? Are you ready?

I go back and forth between ready and panic. We have all his little stuff and his room is ready. I'm not freaked out about labor. I'm more freaked out about going into labor if that makes sense. My Braxton hicks have gotten pretty strong and I'm constantly like OMG is this it?!

This is my last week of work in office then I will work at home until I go into labor. I would like for him to wait until this weekend, if possible but he's free to come whenever. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to see if any progress has been made.

Don't worry Dani. Most of the birth stories I've read (including my own) had labor start very gradually with mild contractions. I'm sure you will do great!

Hi ladies!! Just checking in on everyone! How is it going? (that's a question for ALL of you!) Dani, DO WE HAVE A BABY YET?

No baby yet. Doctor's appointment today. Cervix was closed, so she did a membrane stretch to try to get things moving along. I'm scheduled for induction on 9/4 if he doesn't come on his own.

How are you ladies????

A membrane stretch sounds mildly terrible. Maybe you should try stretching the natural way! :bunny::haha:

I'm going through typical early pregnancy "I DON'T FEEL ANY SYMPTOMS AND SO EVERYTHING MUST BE WRONG" feelings. I don't feel particularly nauseous, my boobs don't really hurt, I'm tired but not THAT tired... you know.

Have we lost our other ladies?? I haven't seen twinsie in awhile! Or nin!

It was absolutely, mildly terribly. Dh has been afraid to touch me for months now. We may try this weekend, but we'll see!

I had a limited symptom pregnancy as well. I longed to be sick or feel something, but enjoy it lol! Consider yourself lucky.

Hopefully the other ladies are off bd'ing or growing babies lol

It was absolutely, mildly terribly. Dh has been afraid to touch me for months now. We may try this weekend, but we'll see!

At this point, he can't possibly hurt anything, and in fact can only help! You should totally take advantage before he really can't for awhile!

Look at me, giving out sex advice. :haha:

Hi, ladies! I'm still following along, just haven't had much to say lately! I'm wondering where everyone else went, although possibly they're all doing the same. :)

Dani, only a week to go! Ahhh!!! I agree with Katie, at this point he can only HELP. :haha: I hope the membrane stretch helped and will make the discomfort worth it at least!

Katie, I'm glad to hear you're still feeling well, although I totally understand how that would just make you nervous! I can't remember, when did you say you get to have your first appointment?

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying your summer!

I'm still here! :)

Katie, my only symptom was sore boobs until 8 weeks & when that went away I didn't have anything until 18 weeks when I started feeling the baby move & had some short term pelvic pain. I know it can be nerve wracking but enjoy it! You are very lucky to not be sick all day. :)

Dani, you are sooo close. I can't wait to hear the news of your little ones arrival. I believe that getting busy caused our little one to come early. We had sex Saturday night & I started labor Sunday night. It definitely doesn't hurt to try!

Jenny, it's great to hear from you. How are things going with you & your DH? Have you started looking into the adoption process yet?

Hi, Donna! Things are going well for me, just enjoying the summer! We started some home renovation projects last weekend, we painted our bedroom and scraped the popcorn off the ceiling (what a mess!), and painted the bathroom and the towel rack, etc in there. Next we'll be replacing the shower doors with a shower curtain rod, and replacing the ticket, sink, vanity, faucets and shower head. I can't wait for it to all be done! Then on Monday the house painter came to start painting the exterior...That should be done early next week. Next up is repairing our deck and replacing our small wall out front. Whew! So exciting, but overwhelming stuff. I can't wait to see it all done!

We haven't started the adoption process yet or even really talked about our options. We plan to move to Colorado in the next 1-2 yrs (although all these upgrades in the house will make it harder to want to leave!) and I don't want to have to start the process over again once we're there so we're just kinda waiting. It's been nice in the meantime to not worry about or track anything though!

How are you and baby Sean? How long before you have to go back to work? :( I hope you still have awhile left!

Hello ladies :wave:. I'm guilty of following along, but not posting, sorry!

So close Dani! It's absolutely crazy how fast the time goes. It just seems like I joined BnB the other day and you were newly pregnant. Wishing you all the best with your birth :flower:. Fx it's quick and ummm, not too uncomfortable....

Wowsers Jenny, you guys have been busy! Ha, the popcorn ceilings! Unfortunately, we have to keep ours, as we live in an older house and it hides a lot of ceiling flaws. What color did you paint the bedroom? I'm sure you've answered this before, but what's the draw to Colorado?

Katie, I'm glad to hear pregnancy is treating you well so far. I hope it continues to be kind, although to show enough symptoms to calm any fears that anything is wrong. How's summer been with the new house?

Are you a pro at the mom thing now Donna? Do you and Sean venture out much?

Summer has been quite busy! I bought a little 16' travel trailer. Ha and I did it without confiding in DH first! I blame it on hormones...I got my period that day and I decided, if I couldn't make babies this summer, I'd keep myself occupied in other ways. We've probably one last trip out with the trailer next weekend for DH's cousin's wedding in Saskatchewan. I am officially on holidays as of next Friday for 10 days! When we get back from the wedding, my friend and I are driving to British Columbia for the week. We'll be popping down and spending a night in Coeur d'Alene, my second trip across the border in less than 6 months...woowee look at me go! And DH just booked us a flight to Orlando at the end of Oct for 6 days, 2 of which are mostly travel though. Any suggestions on the best sites to visit besides Disney World?

I am in the 2ww wait. DH managed to make it home for a quick visit one night during "fertile times". It's probably a long shot, but I'll take what I can get. I keep teasing that I'm going to get a boyfriend that looks a lot like the Mr....

I'm still here! Just got back from vacation in CA. It was so nice to relax at the beach and not think about work. Back to reality now, though. Only 2 weeks until our anatomy scan. Really hoping the babies are cooperative so we can find out gender.

Dani, has your little one joined us yet????

Hope the rest of you are enjoying the end of summer (for those who are in summer right now). It's supposed to cool down here next week so I'm hoping we might get an early fall this year. Fingers crossed for that!

Jenny, it sounds like you've been really busy with all your home improvement projects. Its so exciting to fix up your home & see everything come together, but I can imagine it will make it harder to leave once all the improvements are done. I'm glad you've been able to enjoy this time without having to worry about tracking anything.

Randi, it sounds like you've had a lot of fun this summer with your travel trailer. We have a trailer too & I absolutely love camping in it (if you can call it camping...it's more like glamping :). Enjoy your time off work and your trip this weekend.

Crystal, I can't believe you're already 17 weeks! How are you feeling? I bet you're so excited to find out the gender of your babies. Please keep us posted once you find out.

Katie, how are you feeling? Any symptoms popping up yet?

Dani, any baby news yet?

AFM, I've just been enjoying my time at home with Sean. I go back to work at the end of October & I'm already having a really hard time just thinking about it. We're trying to find an in home childcare right now but it's so expensive. I feel so guilty even thinking about cost when it comes to his care, but we also have a budget for what we can afford. I cry everytime I think about it!

Sorry! My lack of response is because my hands have been full cuddling this little guy. Born 9/2 @ 10:00 pm 8 lb 9 oz. after 27 hours of labor, they decided to go with a c-section.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9
Yay, Dani! Congratulations! He is precious! OMG, 27 hours of labor & they ended up doing a c-section?! That must have been exhausting. I hope you're recovery is going well & you're enjoying baby snuggles right now.

Can't wait to read your birth story & see more pics. Congrats again! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->