30 Week Scan?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by LittlePeople, Jan 26, 2011.

1. LittlePeople

LittlePeople Pregnant :)

Does anyone have a 30 week scan booked?! I know they're no exactly 'normal procedure'...

I'm under the consultant, but wasn't told why I'd be having a 30 week scan...Any ideas!? :flower:

2. lov3hat3

lov3hat3 Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2

is it a growth scan?
    i have to have one every month because i was on the smaller side to begin with :) its weird that they didnt tell you! xx

3. LittlePeople

LittlePeople Pregnant :)

I have no idea...They never actually told me, I was just told to go to the desk and book in for a scan...so I did :haha: I'm assuming it probably is a growth scan...

But I don't even know why I'm under a consultant :haha: they never told me either...I assumed that it was because I'm slightly on the heavy side, but when I saw my midwife on Monday she said my weight was fine and wouldn't have been a reason to be under the consultant! :flower:

4. Coffin Girl

Coffin Girl Well-Known Member

It will be to do with the reason you are under a consultant. When you first saw them, they will have discussed things with you such as diet, diabetes etc... dependant on why you are seeing them.

I'm under the consultant due to raised BMI and have a 30 week appointment for a growth scan to check on baby's size.

5. Emmea12uk

Emmea12uk The Folic acid police!

I will be having a 30 week fetal med scan. Good luck at yours