30 yo and TTC #1

Well apparently my body is just an asshole. 33 day cycle this time. Which means It has now officially gone: 30, 31, 32, 33 the last 4 months. Awesome. Oh well. I'm sad but such is life. Thanks for the thoughts though.

Aww, that's too bad!! Well, new cycle new day! :) GL on this one! Lots of :dust:

My cycles last around 36 days and I'm on day 34 so I understand the difficulty of long cycles! :)

I know I said I was going to take a test today but if I had implantation bleeding yday then it wouldn't even show up yet so now I am going to wait til next week. I just don't want to see that negative yet!! :)

good luck!

so...aunt flow showed today...bit disappointed but on to the next cycle and pray for an October baby!!! :) PLEASE October baby!!!

Awww, that sucks, sorry! But you're right, onwards and upwards!

So DH who was the one who didn't want an October, November or December baby because it is deer season, informed me today that while he enjoys deer season, he is more stubborn than even he thought. Apparently, he has take af coming again as his own personal challenge! So, the Tyco for the next 3 months is back on. Hehe

:haha: Nice! Men are so funny. Glad to hear it's back on.

So DH who was the one who didn't want an October, November or December baby because it is deer season, informed me today that while he enjoys deer season, he is more stubborn than even he thought. Apparently, he has take af coming again as his own personal challenge! So, the Tyco for the next 3 months is back on. Hehe

Hey, how do I get mine to be like that? Since mine started FertilAid, I have to bring him his pill like I'm his mama. Practice for motherhood I suppose? :dohh:

Hi ladies,

I have a quick question about ovulation. I finally got a positive OPK on CD28!! I was so shocked so I decided to test again and sure enough, it was blaringly positive again. I was expecting my period to come on CD32 - CD34. if that does happen, does that mean there is something wrong with my luteal phase? Has anybody else ever experienced this? It's my second cycle off BCP so maybe it's just my body regulating...I'm just concerned about what it means if I see my period in 4-6 days.

Hey, how do I get mine to be like that? Since mine started FertilAid, I have to bring him his pill like I'm his mama. Practice for motherhood I suppose? :dohh:

Sounds like our house :) I started DH on a multivitamin when I started prenatals and I have to pass out the vitamins because he would never remember on his own. I also made sure to get him gummies because I knew he would complain endlessly about swallowing pills.

so...aunt flow showed today...bit disappointed but on to the next cycle and pray for an October baby!!! :) PLEASE October baby!!!

Aww sorry to hear about that, hopefully its next cycle for you!

Hi ladies,

I have a quick question about ovulation. I finally got a positive OPK on CD28!! I was so shocked so I decided to test again and sure enough, it was blaringly positive again. I was expecting my period to come on CD32 - CD34. if that does happen, does that mean there is something wrong with my luteal phase? Has anybody else ever experienced this? It's my second cycle off BCP so maybe it's just my body regulating...I'm just concerned about what it means if I see my period in 4-6 days.

I really don't know. But I would be interested to know!

Hi ladies,

From what I know I think it's only a luteal phase problem if you see it being short repeatedly. But I bet AF won't come that soon and it's just a long cycle with your hormones straightening themselves out. That's great that you ovulated! Coming off of the pill you never know. My thought would be even if your luteal phase does happen to be short this time, chock it up to things being weird after the pill, but if it happens again talk to your Dr.

Hi ladies,

From what I know I think it's only a luteal phase problem if you see it being short repeatedly. But I bet AF won't come that soon and it's just a long cycle with your hormones straightening themselves out. That's great that you ovulated! Coming off of the pill you never know. My thought would be even if your luteal phase does happen to be short this time, chock it up to things being weird after the pill, but if it happens again talk to your Dr.

Makes sense. All I can do is wait, at least to see when AF comes...sucks coz I'm pretty impatient...Thanks for the response.

Hi ladies,

I haven't experienced it but I would bet that it's just your body regulating after coming off the pill. You might have longer cycles than from before now that you are off it. I would think AF would still arrive 11-14 days after you O which is 24-72 hours after your positive OPK. Good luck!

Sounds like our house :) I started DH on a multivitamin when I started prenatals and I have to pass out the vitamins because he would never remember on his own. I also made sure to get him gummies because I knew he would complain endlessly about swallowing pills.

I had to get the gummies for the husband. Then he asked if they had flinstones for adults.....men

I had to get the gummies for the husband. Then he asked if they had flinstones for adults.....men

:rofl: Men is right. I'm so glad mine's not the only one.

So ladies, I have my first TTC injury.

This morning when I was temping, I stabbed myself in the under-tongue (that's the technical term) with the thermometer. It's BRUISED. It's official...I can injure myself with anything. I kinda have already known that since about 7 years ago when I stabbed myself in the eye with a cheese stick and lost a contact...but I was reminded of it this morning.

But hey...at least I temp with GUSTO. :bodyb::dohh:

Someone please explain why Friday afternoons when you are supposed to have office time to clear your desk turns into the crazy train? On the upside, with the arrival of shark week I can drink wine to feel better like a good little attorney. :winkwink:

Hah...that would be Murphy's Law, for sure. I'm an attorney too, and I'm pretty sure every client I dealt with yesterday must have conspired together at the start of the day to start being as difficult as humanly possible at exactly 3:00 in the afternoon.

This morning when I was temping, I stabbed myself in the under-tongue (that's the technical term) with the thermometer. It's BRUISED. It's official...I can injure myself with anything. I kinda have already known that since about 7 years ago when I stabbed myself in the eye with a cheese stick and lost a contact...but I was reminded of it this morning.

At least you have a funny story!:dohh:

Hahaha. You ladies are awesome at cheering a girl up! DH was on a multi but it made him gassy and I took him right the hell back off for the safety of my nose! I just thought it was funny that it has now become a challenge for DH. He's so stubborn about being good at whatever he's doing. Called the Dr. Office to ask if period getting a day longer every month was a problem. Nurse's response was not yet. Call us in a few months if it keeps up. She basically told me that until I have been off my BC for a year, they won't get concerned about my period being dinky. April was when I stopped. So, I guess I have 3-4 months until my period counting means they will check me.

:rofl: I'm very impressed! I guess the only upside is that at least you weren't temping vaginally? *cringe*

:rofl: I'm very impressed! I guess the only upside is that at least you weren't temping vaginally? *cringe*

Not what I expected to read for a TTC injury, too funny! I was expecting a :sex: injury! :haha: you are clearly very serious about this whole temping thing!

Curiousowl- way to look at the upside! :rofl:

I'm so excited! I finally took my last birth control pill this morning! I'm really proud of myself for finishing out the cycle, it felt really long. DH declared that he was ready to try when I was 3 pills into the cycle (when previously he'd been talking about waiting until spring at least). He said I should stop right then but I had some reasons to finish the pack. I didn't want to screw up my cycle anymore than going off the pill already does, I'm in a friend's wedding across the country in August so I need to not be too pregnant then to travel, and the biggest was that it was really important to me to be on prenatals for at least a month before there was any chance of conceiving.

But yay! Now I'm just waiting on AF for CD1! Should be Wednesday. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->