30 yo and TTC #1

lsd2721

Reaction score
I am 30 yo and ttc baby #1. Was just looking for a few friends in the same age group as me trying for baby #1!

I am in cycle 2 of trying! I'll be testing on Jan 18th if I can wait that long! :) I was diagnosed with PCOS so I tend to have a longer period than normal. Usually doesn't last longer than 42 days. I have been told it's harder for me to get pregnant so I am crossing my fingers that isn't the case! :)

Hi lsd2721,
Nice to meet you. We have a ton of similarities. I'm also 30, on my second cycle and planning to test Jan 14-17. I just got off BCP in Novmeber and my DH and I are TTC #1. I've been reading the boards for a while and it's nice to see other people's journeys. I'm not too hopeful about this cycle since the OPKs don't show that I've ovulated even though I had symptoms like I did. I just don't know my body yet, especially after being on BCP for almost 3 yrs.

How about you? How is it going for you?

hi ladies,
I am 30 as well and ttc #1. Just went of BC at beginning of Dec. so 1st cycle trying. baby dust all around :winkwink::dust:

Hi, ladies. I'm 29 - 30 in May. My DH and I are TTC #1 and are on cycle #3 of this little journey. My main goal this cycle is to calm...the crap...down. The stress of this has snuck up on me like I never imagined, and I know priority numero uno from now on is to find some peace. That is why I am here now...on the forums. For me, support = peace. :)

Hi guys! Nice to meet ya'll!!

SoonToBePreg
My journey so far is that on my first cycle I think I got a chemical pregnancy. I tested on the day af was due and had a faint line (with three different tests) and got really excited but then five days later ended up getting my period. So that is why I think it was a chemical pregnancy. I did test this month for ovulation with an OPK. I tested positive for ovulation on Dec 27. So I ovulated sometime around then! So that makes me about 5dpo roughly.

I haven't been on BCP for a year now but I also haven't been paying attention to my body til the past few months.

Miskas Mommy
Big Baby dust to you too! :)

DosPinkies
I am with you on this...support = peace. Because I have been completely obsessing over everything and instead of talking to my husband who doesn't care to hear all my cray cray I thought maybe some of you ladies would love to talk about it with me! :) We can calm the cray cray down together!

I agree on the potential crazyness and obsessiveness. I'm only on cycle number 2 and I can slowly see myself getting engrossed and caught up in all of this. It's funny how we usually think it'll just happen once you want it to. This site is nice coz it gives you an outlet.

I've been obsessing over symptoms that I've had the past few days! I have had sensitive boobs on NYE that went away the next day. Now they are just sore and I have felt a few cramps and a weird stinging pain from time to time. I know I'm going crazy b/c implantation doesn't usually start until a couple of days from now. So by talking to people on here, It's helping me! :)

Sounds hopeful! Sorry about your chemical pregnancy last month. It would suck to get a bfp and have af come shortly. I wish loads of baby dust to you this month.

I started feeling bloated/gassy and my boobs got really full and sore as well around the time when I should have been ovulating. But the OPKs were always negative. My DH and I have been BDing since there's always hope.

Hi. I am 30, TTC #1. We got married in Oct. so I guess this would be cycle three for me. Right now I am not using OPKs or charting temps. Recently my cycles have been a little weird...I go for a physical on Monday so hopefully all will checkout. I already have my list of questions to ask!

I too have been a bit obsessive over symptoms. I have wanted to have kids for a very long time but always wanted to wait until I was married. Now, the baby itch is there and it's strong! DH is happy with the "do what comes naturally and see how it goes approach" so that is what we are doing for now.

A couple of things I am doing just for myself: we are getting a dog and I will be the one walking the dog (great way to get exercise!).

Im TTC#1 too... I'm 31 and DH is 36... we feel like it was a late start so we're hoping for twins... we've been married for 9 years and the plan was to be done by age 30... guess not....

We've been trying for 11 months and DH has sperm issues so I'm starting on Clomid, 100mg, tonight...

This last month I was begging DH for a puppy. We already have 2 dogs and really don't need another in our small house, but it just suddenly meant SO much to me. Then one day DH and I talked about it and came to the conclusion that I was just desperately looking for something to nurture since I was feeling pessimistic about ever having a baby. I realized that's completely true. I've got this mama instinct that doesn't have enough of an outlet right now, and it's coming out in crazy ways. I'm a teacher (8th grade), so I'm actually looking forward to going back next week so I can do some nurturing again.

Hi ladies! Do you mind if I join you? I'm about to finish my last pack of birth control pills and start TTC. So very excited :) I'm planning to jump right in with OPKs and temping. I'm feeling a little bit crazy about the whole thing so I'd love to have the support but I don't want to tell friends or family that we're trying since I think it will be too much pressure. I'm 29, will be 30 in May.

Hi. I am 30, TTC #1. We got married in Oct. so I guess this would be cycle three for me. Right now I am not using OPKs or charting temps. Recently my cycles have been a little weird...I go for a physical on Monday so hopefully all will checkout. I already have my list of questions to ask!

I too have been a bit obsessive over symptoms. I have wanted to have kids for a very long time but always wanted to wait until I was married. Now, the baby itch is there and it's strong! DH is happy with the "do what comes naturally and see how it goes approach" so that is what we are doing for now.

A couple of things I am doing just for myself: we are getting a dog and I will be the one walking the dog (great way to get exercise!).

Walking the dog is a great way to exercise. I had to watch my mom's dog for a couple of weeks and really enjoyed my walks so I've kept it up a bit more!!!

Good luck on your physical Monday! :)

Im TTC#1 too... I'm 31 and DH is 36... we feel like it was a late start so we're hoping for twins... we've been married for 9 years and the plan was to be done by age 30... guess not....

We've been trying for 11 months and DH has sperm issues so I'm starting on Clomid, 100mg, tonight...

Nice to meet you! Apparently twins run on my husbands side and they are all convinced we'll have twins!

Hi ladies! Do you mind if I join you? I'm about to finish my last pack of birth control pills and start TTC. So very excited :) I'm planning to jump right in with OPKs and temping. I'm feeling a little bit crazy about the whole thing so I'd love to have the support but I don't want to tell friends or family that we're trying since I think it will be too much pressure. I'm 29, will be 30 in May.

HI! Come on in and join us! The more the merrier! :) WELCOME!

Hi everyone! I just turned 31, my husband is 30, and we're starting to try for our first this month - we've been waiting (impatiently) for insurance to kick in. Late 20s/early 30s is a pretty normal time to start in our social circle, but it seems pretty old compared to the average on this site, doesn't it?

I'm nervous but very excited. I'm not doing anything beyond keeping track of the first day of each period for now - my cycles are regular, I don't have reason to believe I'll have trouble conceiving, so we'll give it a few months and see what happens before I let myself stress about temperatures and ovulation kits and such. Expect me to start seriously obsessing in a couple weeks! It'll be all I can do to not pee on sticks every day for the second half of January.

I suspect the baby urge was a factor in us adopting a second dog earlier this year, but I had some more logical reasons for it, too ;)

Good luck to everyone!

HI! Come on in and join us! The more the merrier! :) WELCOME!

Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to chatting with you all.

Late 20s/early 30s is a pretty normal time to start in our social circle, but it seems pretty old compared to the average on this site, doesn't it?

Hi there! Yeah, it does, a little. That's pretty much normal in my social circle too (I'm originally a Californian) but then we moved to North Carolina for a few years and I felt like I was so behind my coworkers. I try to remember that of all our friends only a few have babies and one couple is a little older than us. Then I feel right on time :)

Hi, my family and friends also don't know that we are ttc. We've been married for 2 1/2 yrs but been together for almost 10. Since we got married, the questions about when the baby is coming have tripled, but we've always just smiled and said it's coming...

Hello All!! I would love to have some buddies! I am 31, I will be 32 in February. I have been married for 6 months and was only on birth control for 5 months. I stopped taking it after we were married for one month. My DH is itching for a baby and we talked about trying to be done by the time I'm 35. He is 3 years younger than me and tends to be a worrier.

AF is supposed to show today, but no sign yet. I got a BFN on New Years eve... I wanted to have some champagne 😊.

I do tend to want to pee on a stick quite often, just because I am an impatient person. I like to know things right away so these past 3 TWW have been awful! This time I am trying to just be more relaxed about the whole thing.

I am also a teacher! I teach Jr. High band in Texas. It is such a fun and crazy job, I am not really ready for my break to be over!

How long has everyone been married? Let's be friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->