@ 30weeks and already up 50lbs :-(

TnKL

1st pregnancy-3rd tri
Reaction score
I don't know how to cope with this. I'm gaining soooo MUCH weight. :hissy:

What should I do? I kept telling my midwife about my weight and all she said was we only worried if your losing weight. sigh

*cries*

:hugs: hun I was the same I gained over 5 stone (70 lbs)!! I lost like 2 stone in the first 12 days!! :) But its came to a halt now!

I dont know what to suggest cos so many times during my pregnancy I kept telling myself I needed to maybe curb the eating and drink more water (i carried alot of water, and still do) but its easier said than done

:hugs:

lol I'm in the same boat as you, I've gained about 50 lbs and I'm 30 weeks as well.

lol I'm in the same boat as you, I've gained about 50 lbs and I'm 30 weeks as well.

Has the doctor said anything to u? I have an appt tomorrow to see my ob. I missed my 28wk appt.

The midwife in UK ignores my weight problem.

The nurse in the US suggest I speak with someone about the weight issue.

:cry:

lol yeah they told me to cut back on grains breads and pastas.

Ive gained 64lbs to date....just over 4 and a half stone :shock: so your not alone hunni :) XxxX

Awww hun there are so many people in the same boat as you, i stopped weighing myself 2 weeks ago cos i was getting too obsessed about putting on weight. Just need to try and eat healthily and nothing much more that you can do :(

Awww hun there are so many people in the same boat as you, i stopped weighing myself 2 weeks ago cos i was getting too obsessed about putting on weight. Just need to try and eat healthily and nothing much more that you can do :(

totally agree.... I think this is why the MW in the UK doesnt weigh you so religiously anymore!! Well I didnt get weighed once by my MW!!

Do OB at one stage cos of my size and he was an IDIOT!! I was clearly carrying alot of water even at the 15 week stage and he just gave me diet advice!

Yea i've never been weighed and they've never said anything to me about weight either, think its just the way it goes for some people and you're either one of those lucky people who just get a bump :)grr:) or you're not :(

Diet advice... thats a bit harsh think i would burst into tears if someone did that!

i did hun.... I was so pissed off!! Seriously to anyone who knows me will know I DO NOT NEED DIET ADVICE I could tell you how many calories are in a slice of bread and how many ww points lol!!

He also started going on about being active.... urgh hello Mr "ive read books to become a expert in pregnancy" Im a flippin waitress!!

He didnt even feel my tummy, I waited 2 and half hours to be judged by how I looked!! :(

i did hun.... I was so pissed off!! Seriously to anyone who knows me will know I DO NOT NEED DIET ADVICE I could tell you how many calories are in a slice of bread and how many ww points lol!!

He also started going on about being active.... urgh hello Mr "ive read books to become a expert in pregnancy" Im a flippin waitress!!

He didnt even feel my tummy, I waited 2 and half hours to be judged by how I looked!! :(

thats horrid i dont blame you for crying hon!!

i dont have any scales so dont know how much i have put on and my MW never mentions weight, im thinking im carrying a fair bit of water too as my bump looks fairly large:blush::rofl:

all you can do is try and eat as well as possible and drink plenty of water, easy for me to say as i have not had a great appetite throughout the pregnancy, still feeling quite sick - booooooo!!!! i was expecting to be raiding the fridge non-stop!

maybe ive still got that to come?!!!

dont worry bout it tho, just do your best honeys xxxx

thanks for all the replies--i feel a bit better now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->