31, CD5 Need a buddy

lilfoosh- I am sorry this month was a bust again. I keep hoping when I see a post by you that it is good news....it has to come one of these days!

How is everyone doing??? Just wanted to check in!

I'm still waiting. I went to the doc Tuesday of last week and he said the receptionist would contact me when she has set up an appointment for me at the fertility clinic I want to go to. We both have been taking Fertilaid for about a month now, not sure I see a difference in anything, but whatever.

My mum and I got into a pretty heated discussion one night after a few drinks. I was looking for support and comfort and she was saying to just relax and it will happen... Then she started comparing my situation to her surprise pregnancy with my younger brothers (twins). I was so upset. I still don't know how she could have possibly thought that her "Oops I'm pregnant" story would make me feel better about not getting pregnant... Anyway, we just acted like it never happened the next day. We will come back to it eventually... but now I feel like I can't talk to her about it anymore.

We are focusing more on getting a vacation property than anything else right now. I am glad for the distraction. Work isn't very busy at the mo. We put in an offer on a place that we know was over priced and the guy wouldn't budge on the price, so we started looking again. He was asking 50k more than what he paid for it 3 months ago, and he hasn't made any improvements to it at all...we figure he thinks he can find some sucker from the city to overpay for it, but we aren't those people. We found another promising one and are working on gathering all of the information we need before making an offer.

I keep checking in here, hoping to see pic of Evelyn... I know how busy new mums are, just hoping we hear something eventually.

How are you hanging in Lysh? Getting close now.

Boxxey- Yeah....waiting is definitely the not fun part.

Lifoosh- Oh geez....I think sometimes people think that their stories will make someone feel better when in reality it can hit a raw nerve. Maybe if you ended up with a 'surprise' pregnancy then you could appreciate the story, but not at the moment. Right now you are just uncertain and frustrated. Glad to hear the vacation property is keeping you busy. Distractions are good- that is too bad that guy decided to raise his price. That is pretty crazy considering the economy right now, especially since (like you said) he made no improvements.

I am feeling alright- I am getting some of my first trimester ailments back- exhaustion, nausea, heartburn. But all in all I consider myself lucky. I carry small, I have no swelling, baby is engaged, cervix is dilating and 80% effaced....so everything is on track. Right now my emotions are ranging from excitement to nervousness.

I would love to see a picture of Evelyn too. And Clandara- have not heard from her in a while! I even posted on Alspals profile page hoping she might check in....she must have had her LO by now.

It's a girl!!! Claire May joined our world 7/12! She is a little cutie (exhausting us, but that seems to be what newborns do!). My water started to break in the afternoon and the next thing I knew I was admitted into the hospital waiting for her arrival!

It's a girl!!! Claire May joined our world 7/12! She is a little cutie (exhausting us, but that seems to be what newborns do!). My water started to break in the afternoon and the next thing I knew I was admitted into the hospital waiting for her arrival!

Yay! Congratulations!! Hope all went ok and your both doing good. How much did she weigh xx

Happy birthday Claire! Congratulations Lysh, I hope you are both doing well :flower:

Congratulations Boxxey

I'm a couple of days late, but the spotting has started. I still haven't heard when my appointment will be at the clinic. My DH called and they told him they have the referral and would be contacting me in about 2 weeks...I don't recall if that was last week or the week before.

My boss announced she is 18 weeks pregnant last week. I am very happy for her. This is her third, they are hoping for a boy as she has 2 girls and her DH has a girl as well. There are also 2 other pregnant ladies that sit a couple of desks over from mine, I have to pass them every time I use the washroom. I told DH I'm not holding out too well at work these days. I think the constant reminder is really starting to get to me, I'm usually pretty close to tears.

I hope we get there some day.

We got a cottage! Our closing date is July 31st. We are very excited. We are planning on going up for the August long weekend and then a week of holidays around DS's bday. We need to do some work on it, it only has 1 bedroom currently (plus a bunkie), so we are going to expand to 3 bedrooms. The shoreline needs a bit of work too as no one has really taken care of it. We are hoping to be able to have guests up next year.

How is everyone?

...starting to think maybe I should just create a journal, but then I would feel like I was just talking to myself.

i read all your posts so you wouldn't be talking to yourself.....it took me 8 months to conceive after iud removal....i had 4 kids previous with no problems conceiving them so i understand how frustrating it can be

Congratulations to Native and Lysh! I have been thinking of you all and I am so glad to read that you are all doing well with your new little bundles.
Congrats to Boxxey as well for the BFP! Way to go!

Lilfoosh - How are you doing these days?

I have not been on for sometime. I think I just needed to step away momentarily. My cycles got pretty messed up but now I am back on track. Way back in May I ended up being just over a week late which was a great let down. After that, my next cycle length was only 15 days until it arrived again. Everything seems to be back on track now and I hope to get that BFP soon.

DH and I have discussed adding our name to a very long waiting list for a fertility clinic. I think we will go ahead with this plan but we hear the waiting list is about 10 months long.

Well....I missed you guys!

Talk to everyone soon!

Hi ladies! So sorry I have been MIA. I have just been focusing on this busy little girl!

Congrats Lysh! So happy for you!

Having a hard time loading a pic from my tablet, but I'll keep trying!

Aww she's very cute!!! Look at all that hair!!! X

Awww...Native, she is adorable!
Clandara- Sometimes stepping away is good for a while, the mind just needs a break! 10 months is a long wait, so maybe you should put your names on the list and if you still need it in 10 months, at least you can have the option of going at that point.
lilfoosh- I am sorry that things are getting hard- I wish you could just get your BFP already! I am sure it hard being positive all the time, especially when those around you are pregnant. I am glad you found a cottage to close one- that will give you something to look forward too!
On my end, I am just adjusting to motherhood! Having a newborn is definitely a full time job. Some women at work told me that I will have plenty of time to do things while they are little because all newborns do is sleep. lol Yeah, I am not following that logic- my LO does sleep but not for long stints and HATES to be put down! She is a cutie though.

Newborns do sleep a lot but they also require a lot of work and attention, so I don't know what those ladies were talking about!

We officially got the cottage today, but my whole day was sort of shot because when I dropped DS off at daycare this morning the provider told me she is 10 weeks pregnant... I am happy for them, they weren't trying (they were actually trying to prevent...) but they did want a baby eventually. But it isn't that she is pregnant and I am not, although that is a small part. It is more that I'm now not sure what to do about daycare. She says she will continue to take him even after the baby is born and her DH is going to take paternity leave, but I don't know how realistic that is. FML

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->