31, CD5 Need a buddy

Fish, congrats on the cottage! Sorry to hear about your daycare situation though. :-(

Lysh, newborns are a lot of work! I know mine doesn't nap for very long during the day right now. Usually only 20 minute naps. I am lucky though...she has slept through the night for several weeks now. I hope you are as lucky as we are. :)

Native- Yeah, my little girl does one big nap in the middle of the afternoon and the rest of the time (evenings included) she does 30-40 minutes naps. At around 5-7 she also gets extremely fussy and that lasts until about 8-9 the next morning. I am hoping she grows out of this!

We have been trouble BFing though and so she gets FF and BF, so I have no idea if that is bothering her stomach or the lack of consistently is getting her fussy...hard to say. Going to a BF support group today with a LC....if things do not improve then I will have to make a decision.

Hope all is well!

Wow our last post was the beginning of August! Now that a month has pretty much gone by, how is everyone doing??? Any BFPs? How are our pregnant ladies?

My LO has been keeping me busy as newborns do. She tends to be on the fussy side, but I am now eliminating dairy from my diet and feeding her soy formula (I have to combo feed her) to see if that helps. Otherwise, I have adjusted pretty well and we are enjoying her.

Im stilll.soooo sick i cant wait for my second tri

I finished work today :) so just waiting it out now :) xx

I finished work today :) so just waiting it out now :) xx

So close!! Enjoy the time off before LO comes!! Our daughters will share the same middle name only mine is spelled May after my great grandmother.

Hi all! Glad to see some posts here...I was starting to wonder if we had all abandoned the group. :)

Lysh- Have you looked into probiotics? I gave them to Evelyn for a few weeks when she was about a month old and we never had any issues with colic. She was a little gassy here and there, but nothing major.

Boxxey- Hope you get some relief soon!

Mrs. B- so close!! Are you all prepared? Have you been cleaning like a maniac? I know I did for the last couple of months, lol.

My little Evelyn is 3 months old today! She is the most precious gift. And she is such a good baby...I am really very lucky. She has been sleeping through since about 5-6 weeks and is happy 90% of the time. We have started the teething process, so she drools all the time and gets grumpy at night, but overall she hardly ever cries. Here is a picture from about 3 weeks ago. She really loves that bumbo chair! Pay no attention to her gigantic feet, lol.

Attachments

• bumbo resized.jpg
    bumbo resized.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4
Native- She is adorable!!!! 3 months....time flies!!! My LO will be 2 months next week...crazy! What is your maternity leave like? I am already dreading going back to work (have until November).

I have not tried probiotics....they make them for infants? I will look into it. My poor girl has just been having a tough time with the gas. She is a sweet, sweet baby, but needs a lot of soothing and tends to be very fussy- probably due to whatever is going on with her digestive tract! I also FF and BF, so there are MANY variables.

It was good to hear from you! Where is everyone else? :shrug: Miss hearing from you all!

Hey ladies!

We are pretty much sorted. Our cot arrived today so looking forward to putting that up.

Cany believe your babies are 2 and 3 months already!

Lysh how are you formula and breast feeding? I want to formula and express!

Mrs. B- I primarily BF but supplement with ff....I had supply issues in the beginning. I do not have a particular schedule....at first I would BF and then top off with ff. Now I BF as much as possible and give her formula when she seems unsatisfied. I tried doing every other feeding for a few days, but my LO loves to BF and will often want to BF for comfort, so that schedule did not work!

I am finding pumping to be difficult....I am not sure if I will be able to pump much for when I have to return to work. Hopefully you will respond well to the pump! There are women who exclusively pump, so I am sure you could do a combination.....pump as much as you have the time for and make the rest formula.

Lysh- The brand name on the probiotics I used is Biogaia. I found them at the drug store in the baby section. They are expensive...$30 for a tiny bottle...but totally worth it if it helps your LO. You are supposed to give them 5 drops once a day. The instructions suggest using a spoon, but that is really hard with an infant, so I would just put a drop on her pacifier, let her suck on it for a minute and then repeat until all 5 drops made it in her mouth.
My LO was pretty gassy too...well, she still is, but she seems to handle it better now. We FF and BF as well. She eats so much (30 oz or more a day) and it's so hard to keep up with her. I am back to work now for 3 weeks. It sucks, lol. I miss spending so much time with her. My company doesn't have a maternity policy, so I had to use FMLA/Short term disability and only got 10 weeks. I have a great sitter though, so that makes it easier.
Pumping for me got easier once I started back to work. I had a really hard time with it while I was home with her since she would fuss as soon as she saw me pumping. Plus, since I was still primarily BF, I never would get much. Now I pump first thing in the morning and have enough to give her 5 oz to start the day, and 5 oz to save or send to the sitter. Then I usually get 10-12 oz from 2 or 3 pumping sessions at work. Some days are better than others, which is why I supplement with formula. I also try to pump before bed. It's so hard to do sometimes, and can be very stressful. Some days I feel bad for having to supplement formula, but then I remind myself that I'm doing what I can and it's better than letting her go hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->