32 and TTC #1

mamabear, I'm attempting to go for an 8 day in a row streak. I have 2 apps giving me different fertile windows, so I guess I need to cover all of my bases.

I go back and forth between EOD and an every day BD, but I've fallen pregnant with chemicals twice this year and both times we went everyday of my cycle, so I guess I'll stick with that.

Sekhmet, aww yay! Monday will be here in a flash. Try to relax and just enjoy this precious time :)

Thanks, I'm trying! I was on vacation all last week (from the day I got my BFP), and was back to work yesterday. Being back at work definitely helps, I have less time to think about it!

I am pretty nauseous this morning. I know it's a good sign (yay!), but it is not particularly fun... :sick:

How's everyone doing today? I'm at the very beginning of my TWW (I think), so just trying to keep busy. According to my schedule, AF is supposed to come Friday, but I think I ovulated late. I will prob test then anyways since my parents will be coming to town and if/when I do get pregnant, I need to tell them first, and we are on vacay that Monday to visit the in-laws for the week.

I had to go to Babies R us today to check on something for a friend and they had some really cute outfits for 70% off! I couldn't resist! Worst case scenario, I will give them to a friend who is already preggers. Hope I didn't jinx myself!! Hahaha. I have been doing pretty good this week with my workouts, trying to get as healthy as I can to stay fertile! :).

How's everyone doing today? I'm at the very beginning of my TWW (I think), so just trying to keep busy. According to my schedule, AF is supposed to come Friday, but I think I ovulated late. I will prob test then anyways since my parents will be coming to town and if/when I do get pregnant, I need to tell them first, and we are on vacay that Monday to visit the in-laws for the week.

I had to go to Babies R us today to check on something for a friend and they had some really cute outfits for 70% off! I couldn't resist! Worst case scenario, I will give them to a friend who is already preggers. Hope I didn't jinx myself!! Hahaha. I have been doing pretty good this week with my workouts, trying to get as healthy as I can to stay fertile! :).

Congratulations on starting your TWW! It's such an exciting time. FX that you'll get your BFP before your parents come to visit! :happydance:

I'm coming to the end of my TWW and things aren't looking good. I started spotting on Thursday and it's progressively getting worse so I'm pretty sure I'm out for this month. I'm feeling pretty down right now because I was silently optimistic about this cycle since I had an HSG a few weeks ago and a lot of women get pregnant right after the procedure. Plus my spotting doesn't appear to be getting any better which is really discouraging because of all the supplements I've been taking.

I have an appointment with my RE on August 13th to go over the results of my bloodwork, HSG and DH's sperm analysis, so hopefully we'll get some answers then. MY RE also wants to vaccinate me for chicken pox and german measels, which is a two month process and we have to prevent pregnancy the entire time. So that means we can't start trying agin until October!

Sigh...this sucks! :cry:

Can I join you ladies? 31 and just starting out with ttc seriously. Stress gets me so we're just doing a lot of BD and paying attention to my body right now. And crossing our fingers! I think I'm headed into the TWW here, I'm at CD 17 and pretty sure I'm just past o day.

Congratulations on starting your TWW! It's such an exciting time. FX that you'll get your BFP before your parents come to visit! :happydance:

I'm coming to the end of my TWW and things aren't looking good. I started spotting on Thursday and it's progressively getting worse so I'm pretty sure I'm out for this month. I'm feeling pretty down right now because I was silently optimistic about this cycle since I had an HSG a few weeks ago and a lot of women get pregnant right after the procedure. Plus my spotting doesn't appear to be getting any better which is really discouraging because of all the supplements I've been taking.

I have an appointment with my RE on August 13th to go over the results of my bloodwork, HSG and DH's sperm analysis, so hopefully we'll get some answers then. MY RE also wants to vaccinate me for chicken pox and german measels, which is a two month process and we have to prevent pregnancy the entire time. So that means we can't start trying agin until October!

Sigh...this sucks! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Joy, I'm sorry, that sucks!! So much going on for you :-( Tell me more about the supplements - what is the prob with some spotting? Too much? You have been trying about 7 months? When did you start seeing an RE? Why are they so concerned about vaccines now? Sorry so many questions, I am new to all the testing and stuff. This is our 6 month but I haven't gone to see my doc yet, will see what happens this month. :hugs: hugs for you, I know your baby is just waiting for the perfect time to join your family!

I'm out ladies, started my pre AF spotting today :( it's not just dark brown but I see some red so I know I'm out. AF should come in the next couple days.

I think I might start temping again this cycle....on to cycle 10 :(

MamaBear, I hope you get your BFP on Friday :) I'm still waiting for O - ugh!! Another negative OPK today. Come on out to play eggie!!

Joy, I'm so sorry you think you're out :( I also wonder why they want to vaccinate you at this point?!

Welcome Sophina :)

So sorry Beachy :cry:

Welcome Sophina! This is a great group and new members are always welcome! :)

So sorry about af, Beachy! Fx for your next cycle!

MamaBear & Starluck, I had my first consultation with an RE last month because I was so concerned about my pre af spotting & bugged my OB/GYN to give me a referral. He tested my blood work & initial results showed low immunities to chicken pox and rubella. He wants to vaccinate me because there's a risk (a very low risk IMO) I could get sick while pregnant and it could be very dangerous for my baby. So I have to get vaccinated at the beginning of two consecutive and avoid pregnancy for both months. The whole process seems a little silly to me because if I got pregnant naturally then I wouldn't have known about the vaccinations & would probably have a healthy pregnancy, but if guess this is what I need to do for him to treat me!

MamaBear, I'm happy to answer any questions you have. :) I have pre af spotting every month since coming off birth contril & it really concerns me because I'm afraid I won't be able to conceive if I'm shedding my lining before imantation can occur. I've read that a lot of women spot and still have no problem getting pregnant but it still really bothers me! I've been taking lots of vitamins that are supposed to regulate your hormones and help with spotting & it seemed to be getting better the last few months, but this month the spotting started at 9dpo so I feel like I'm back to where I started. It's just all very discouraging because I feelike my body isn't working the way it should be.

Anyway, enough about me and my sob stories...how are you feeling post O? We're you and your hubby able to get some BD in during your fertile time? I know you we're afraid you wore him out during the days leading up to O! :)

Welcome Sophina! This is a great group and new members are always welcome! :)

So sorry about af, Beachy! Fx for your next cycle!

MamaBear & Starluck, I had my first consultation with an RE last month because I was so concerned about my pre af spotting & bugged my OB/GYN to give me a referral. He tested my blood work & initial results showed low immunities to chicken pox and rubella. He wants to vaccinate me because there's a risk (a very low risk IMO) I could get sick while pregnant and it could be very dangerous for my baby. So I have to get vaccinated at the beginning of two consecutive and avoid pregnancy for both months. The whole process seems a little silly to me because if I got pregnant naturally then I wouldn't have known about the vaccinations & would probably have a healthy pregnancy, but if guess this is what I need to do for him to treat me!

ugh that vaccination thing is very frustrating. I would hate to prevent for 2 months!! I think it's a low risk too, but I guess the RE just wants to be on the conservative side. I bet they figure that if they will be helping you get pregnant, 2 months isn't *that* long of a wait.

Yikes Joy, the vaccination schedule sounds frustrating! But rubella especially is very dangerous when you're pregnant, it can cause deafness. Is that immunity testing something common or is your doc being very cautious do you think? I asked if I should do anything specific like tests or vaccines before starting, but my doc said just take a folic acid supplement and try to stay healthy (diet/activity) only.

Today I am very crampy and frustrated. It's been so long since I had ordinary cycles i don't really remember if I always feel this way at this time.

Can I join you ladies? 31 and just starting out with ttc seriously. Stress gets me so we're just doing a lot of BD and paying attention to my body right now. And crossing our fingers! I think I'm headed into the TWW here, I'm at CD 17 and pretty sure I'm just past o day.

Welcome, Sophina, and good luck to you! FX that you get your BFP soon! :)

Beachy, sorry about AF arriving! Bleh!

Joy, ugh, sorry to hear about them wanting you to postpone trying for a couple of months! How frustrating! I agree that it could be super dangerous if you contracted it while pregnant, but if doesn't make it any less frustrating for you right now. :(

MamaBear, FX for you that you get your BFP on Friday! :D

What do you ladies think would be a good day to test when you're not entirely sure when O day was? I am relatively sure that I did O this cycle, within the last 3-4 days, judging from CM and CP which were rather clear and obvious this month thank goodness.

I was thinking if I assume O day was CD 16 (ish) maybe test on CD 28? gives a couple days to be safe? I expect my cycle to come in about 30-32 days but that's only a guess as I haven't had regular cycles in the last 3-4 months. Before that they were 28-32 while I had my IUD and about the first 2 months after it was removed before we had our disappointment/stress freakout.

Hi Sophina! I would think that would be a good day to test, but I am probably not the best one to answer. I usually try to wait it out to see if AF shows and end up testing the day or two before she is due. I don't know why I do it! It drives me crazy every month! :dohh:

Good luck though and keep us updated!

Sophina, that sounds like a good day. Puts you about 12dpo. Goooood luck!

This is probably a stupid question but I was hoping to get clarification that I'm understanding this correctly. For those of you that check CM, are these the stages that it usually progresses in?

Dry/Sticky (not fertile)
Creamy/Lotion Like (most likely not fertile)
Watery (Fertile)
EWCM (Most Fertile) - if you even get this, some women only get watery, right?
Back to creamy, or straight to dry/sticky prior to AF

Does that sound right? If so, how many days before O does it typically change to watery and/or EWCM? I know it's different for everyone, and not everyone has all of the stages, but just a rough idea/guess? I'm new to this whole checking thing and am just trying to make sure I really understand where I am in my cycle (as much as possible anyways!) Thanks, ladies!

Hi Ladies. Tested this weekend and BFN, the AF is due on Friday but I have usual sore breast and little cramping already so feeling pessimistic. If it does not work this month I am going to have HSG test but honestly I am scared of the test, scared of hearing bad news from the doctor. Last time when I was waiting for my hormone test results couldn't sleep the night before, stress surely doesn't improve my fertility but I cannot just stay calm. Good luck to all testing this week!

Hi Ladies. Tested this weekend and BFN, the AF is due on Friday but I have usual sore breast and little cramping already so feeling pessimistic. If it does not work this month I am going to have HSG test but honestly I am scared of the test, scared of hearing bad news from the doctor. Last time when I was waiting for my hormone test results couldn't sleep the night before, stress surely doesn't improve my fertility but I cannot just stay calm. Good luck to all testing this week!

Sorry Kass - I know the feeling with stress not helping! I'm having cramping and sore breasts too and it's not even AF time yet. I think I might be going to have a short cycle. *sigh* Oh well, I guess here's to next cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->