32 and TTC #1

Hi Ladies. Congrats to all BFP this month:) I wrote earlier in July, this is my 4th cycle of tempting and OPK but NTNP since around a year. I will test this weekend, anybody testing these days?

I plan on testing this weekend (sunday) if I don't have any of my usual pre-AF spotting by then! AF should start Monday!

I'm also planning to test this weekend if AF doesn't show up by then.

Hi Ladies. Congrats to all BFP this month:) I wrote earlier in July, this is my 4th cycle of tempting and OPK but NTNP since around a year. I will test this weekend, anybody testing these days?

I plan on testing this weekend (sunday) if I don't have any of my usual pre-AF spotting by then! AF should start Monday!

Yay I'm not the only one! Anyone else scared to test?

I'm not really experiencing anything that would make me think I'll get a BFP, but I guess you never know.

Sekhmet - my temp went back up to 97.6 this morning so hopefully it stays up! I can imagine how surreal a pregnancy must be in the beginning. Please stay positive and don't stress yourself out by fearing the worst...you need to stay healthy and happy for your baby! I'm sure it will all sink in once you see that little hearbeat on the monitor. :)

Thanks, Joy. It's definitely surreal and I'm trying to stay positive! I can't wait to have my first actual doctor appointment, I'm sure that will help :) And glad to hear your temp went back up!! Fx for you! :flower:

MamaBear: Unfortunately, temps aren't reliable unless they're taken at the same time every day before you get out of bed. I had to set an alarm for 5:30am on the weekends to temp because that's when I wake up during the week. I would wake up, temp, record, and go back to sleep. Otherwise, sleeping in will cause your temp to be falsely elevated and it will be hard to rely on your chart for a real spike or trend.

Can you tell I spent entirely too much time worrying over temps, haha? I may have been a little obsessive... that doesn't work for some people, but it did for me!

Sekhmet: yeah, I figured the change in temps for me were more related to the different sleep pattern over the weekend. I will keep that in mind this weekend and set my alarm! So I finally got my solid smiley yesterday, which means I am still in the "peak fertility" phase, but no spike in temp yet so who knows. Cm has been pretty variable. Trying to BD but experiencing some technical difficulties due to the fact that the OPK has been indicating some type of elevated fertility for 9 whole days! We can't keep up, hahaha. I'm not too hopeful about this month :-( I seem to be O'ing later than I expected, so I'm not sure if I have a short luteal phase or just a change in my overall cycle these past 2 months. I guess only time will tell! Trying to focus on some other things at work so I don't drive myself crazy with TTC stuff. :wacko:

Congrats to you though! Hope you are feeling well!

Sekhmet - my temp went back up to 97.6 this morning so hopefully it stays up! I can imagine how surreal a pregnancy must be in the beginning. Please stay positive and don't stress yourself out by fearing the worst...you need to stay healthy and happy for your baby! I'm sure it will all sink in once you see that little hearbeat on the monitor. :)

MamaBear - that's strange that you're still getting the blinking smiley face after seven days but no confirmed O yet. Usually the LH surge only lasts one or two days before ovulation. What day in your cycle do you usually O on?

In regards to hormone testing, I had mine tested on CD3 for thyroid, FSH, estradiol and progesterone. I've read that you're also supposed to have a progesterone test on CD 21 to confirm ovulation, but my RE doesn't do a 21 day test because said it fluctuates so much that you would need to test twice a day for several days in order to get an accurate reading.

Joy: thanks for the info. I thought I usually O'd on cD 17, just based on having a very regular 31 day cycle. I think I may call the company to see if 7 days of blinkeys are normal. I'll see what happens this cycle and then maybe think about calling my OB/GYN

sekhmet, when is your first dr. appt? so exciting!!

cutieq, glad your new cycle started :)

good luck to all the weekend testers!! looking forward to seeing more bfps here :)

MamaBear, so glad you finally got your solid smiley face! Now it's time to get busy! :)

I haven't decided if I'm going to test yet this weekend. AF is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday so I may try and wait until then. I'm so tired of seeing BFNs...it's almost easier to just see AF and know for sure that I'm out instead of getting my hopes up with a test.

Yay I'm not the only one! Anyone else scared to test?

I'm not really experiencing anything that would make me think I'll get a BFP, but I guess you never know.

I'm a little apprehensive. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much about getting a BFP. I'm having some symptoms but nothing that's not associated with AF also so just trying to stay relaxed and not stress.

Hope you both get your BFP this weekend!

Hi Ladies! I joined this thread a while ago, but have been silently stalking and not making any posts. As I was reading through this morning, so many things jumped out at me as things I'm experiencing.

This month I had 7 days of a flashing smiley on my OPK and I never got a solid one. Then yesterday I started spotting (9dpo). Spotting is a normal pre-AF symptom for me, but now I'm starting to wonder if that is a problem. I only have a 28-day cycle to begin with. . . .Gah, all of this feels so overwhelming sometimes!

Anyway, sorry to rant. I just wanted to let you ladies know that I've been reading along and it's been really helpful to me, even if I haven't commented - so Thank You!

FX for all testing this weekend!

Maddy - I also have a 28 day cycle, and always start spotting brown around 11/12DPO....doesn't usually turn red until the day before AF starts. From all that I've read this isn't something to really worry about.

My spotting isn't enough to warrant protection, it's usually just when I wipe.

MamaBear, yeah finally that smiley face! DH and I got tired after BD for three days in a row, I can't imagine 9!

JoyofMyLife, I hear you about waiting to test until AF is due. I think I am going to do the same this cycle :thumbup: Seeing the stark white on the hpt is too much!

Hi Ladies. I have a question-do you drink coffee? I heard that coffee is bad for fertility and one should avoid it even when TTC. I love to drink coffee but I am thinking to stop to increase my chances? What do you think?

Hi Kass, I heard the same thing so I stopped drinking coffee a few momths ago. It was really hard because I love coffee and have been drinking it daily for years. I'm not sure if it made a difference because I'm still not pregnant yet. I also know many women who drank coffee while ttc (and even while pregnant) and had no problems, so who knows. Everyone is different! :)

Hi Ladies. I have a question-do you drink coffee? I heard that coffee is bad for fertility and one should avoid it even when TTC. I love to drink coffee but I am thinking to stop to increase my chances? What do you think?

The last few months I've been drinking nothing but decaf...which still has a little bit of caffeine in it. After the first week it was easy, i think I now have my body tricked into think it's "real" coffee.

I think at this point I could easily give it up completely....I feel like it's more the habit of drinking it every day in my car that I love more than the coffee.

I usually drink decaf coffee twice a day - in the morning and one after lunch. I just like the taste :) I occasionally will have half decaf/half regular (like today), but only when I'm very tired because if I drink too much I can't sleep!

I have tried to switch to tea, but definitely allow myself an occasional coffee

sekhmet, when is your first dr. appt? so exciting!!

My first appointment is Monday morning. I think they're just doing the Hcg blood test at that appointment, but I hope to schedule my first scan soon! It's definitely exciting, but also completely nerve wracking.

I drank a large cup of coffee every day while TTC and had been for years, and it didn't seem to affect me. Now that I've gotten my BFP, I've completely cut it out... not easy, haha.

Good luck to those testing this weekend!!:flower:

Hahaha, we totally couldn't do 9 in a row so there were a few breaks! But it's so nerve-wracking because it's like, OK, maybe taking one day off is OK, but then what if the next day is THE day and then we miss the real peak time! Ugh, this should be easier.

I am a coffee freak! I have switched to half-caf, so I probably drink the equivalent of 2 8-oz cups of regular coffee per day, which is supposed to be the amount you are "allowed" to drink when preggers. Giving it up cold turkey was just not working for me!

Hahaha, we totally couldn't do 9 in a row so there were a few breaks! But it's so nerve-wracking because it's like, OK, maybe taking one day off is OK, but then what if the next day is THE day and then we miss the real peak time! Ugh, this should be easier.

My thoughts exactly!!!

Sekhmet, aww yay! Monday will be here in a flash. Try to relax and just enjoy this precious time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->