32 and TTC #1

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA. Just trying to give my mind a break from TTC since I have to give my body a break for the next two months. I've enjoyed catching up on all your posts and look forward to hearing the results of your upcoming tests!

So my DH and I went to the RE today to get the results of our tests and everything came out great. DH's sperm analysis was A+ and my ovaries and eggies are in good shape. The doc thinks I might not be ovulating properly and that's what's causing the spotting so he's going to put me on a low dose of clomid in Oct. when we're ready to start trying again. I'm relieved and hopeful that we'll finally get our BFP in the next few months.

In the meantime, I hope you ladies don't mind me sticking around on the site and checking in from time to time. I really enjoy following all of your stories and living vicariously through all of you. I really hope to see some BFPs on this site in the upcoming weeks. FX for all of you! ��

Joy that sounds really promising! I know that SA results must be a relief to you. I know several people who have had good (quick!) results with clomid too.

Mamabear, I'm keeping FX for you.

My AF is due tomorrow. It's also pay day and testing day!

Good luck Sophina!!

Joy - glad you got some positive news!

Sophia - good luck tomorrow!

I've had a little more spotting on and off so I think AF is on the horizon. I'm trying not to even test cause then I get obsessive about it and really disappointed rather than just saying F it, I'm probably not pregnant anyways and pushing it out of my head! I know that sounds really negative but otherwise the BFN is just so damn disappointing!!

Joy - glad you got some positive news!

Sophia - good luck tomorrow!

I've had a little more spotting on and off so I think AF is on the horizon. I'm trying not to even test cause then I get obsessive about it and really disappointed rather than just saying F it, I'm probably not pregnant anyways and pushing it out of my head! I know that sounds really negative but otherwise the BFN is just so damn disappointing!!

I know how you feel. Once the spotting begins, I normally just consider myself done. Of course, hoping it's not AF for you! BFNs are the worst!

Joy, I'm so happy to hear that you got such great news from your testing! I really hope the Clomid works for you when you're back to trying! :) And of course, you're always welcome here!

Sophina, good luck tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear what the results are!

MamaBear, I totally understand that. I'm the same way. And I just started spotting today too, and I'm only 3-4 dpo! Way too early I think to be any sort of good news. So either I have a really stupidly short LP or something else is going on. Sigh. I really hope it's not AF coming for you!!!

Thanks ladies! These posts are so helpful. It has been at the back of my mind all day! Nothing yet, but this is how AF started last cycle when I was really late.

MamaBear, don't give up hope yet! I've read plenty of stories of women who usually spot before af and still spot the month they get their BFP! I'm keeping my FX for you. :)

Sophina, happy testing day! So excited for you. Please keep us posted on the results.

MamaBear, don't give up hope yet! I've read plenty of stories of women who usually spot before af and still spot the month they get their BFP! I'm keeping my FX for you. :)

Sophina, happy testing day! So excited for you. Please keep us posted on the results.

Agree with all of this!!! Sophia, keep us posted! :D

Guys, it was a disaster, the dollar store didn't have any tests. I couldn't bring myself to buy the expensive ones yet. Grr grr. I am so frustrated!

Sophina - don't stress! As long as you are one day further without a period you are good to go! Another store will have some :). I'm sure I could look back at all the posts, but when is AF due?

This weekend! Today's cd 30, and I expect her between days 30 and 32.

I am also 32 and my BF is 41. We have been TTC for 8 months now. I never in a million years thought trying to have a baby would be the hardest thing for us! I was 19 when I got pregnant the first time and miscarried. Now that I am actually TTC its not easy. It causes so much stress and heartache that I have never experienced before. We have now started the OPK's for the first month. I am supposed to start today but haven't yet. I know its still early in the day but am feeling confused. I took a test this morning but it was a BFN. I think these symptoms im having (very tender breasts, nauseousness, bad cramping, low back pain, headaches) are making me think that I could be pregnant even though the test was negative. something just doesn't feel right. Maybe I am making it all up in my head since I want this so badly. I am getting very discouraged at this point. And im wondering if it will EVER happen for us! :wacko:

Mandm, welcome! :hi: I'm so sorry that you've been feeling so sad, stressed and discouraged. :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is your month! You're not out until you're out! :)

Sophina, any more news on your end? :)

Afm, the :witch: got me today. Boo to the witch! :( This cycle was only 23 days and the lp was only 6-7 days so that's a big bummer. I'm hoping it's just from coming off the pill recently and that I'll even out here soon.

How's everyone else doing? Any news, good or bad? Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Turtle, Thank you for your kind words! I am glad I joined this forum. Its not easy going through this and support is going to help make it easier. I hope the outcome is the one I am looking for!! :flower:

I think this forum has helped me keep my sanity these last couple of months! TTC makes me all over the place...one second I'm convinced I'm pregnant, the next second I know that I'm not. Having other women to talk to and joke with and feel crazy with sure does help! :hugs: to you! I hope it is for you as well! :)

My BF sometimes just doesn't understand what Im going through so to have other females to talk to and or vent to will relieve some of the added stress to our situation. I sometimes feel that it is my fault that we cant get pregnant and it puts a strain on our relationship. I can see after reading some things on here that I am not alone in this!

Unfortunately I think that's pretty normal. It really is a stressful process, which of course isn't good for ttc. Ugh. You are definitely not alone in this! Also, you're not all that far from me in O'Fallon! I'm in Kansas City. :)

Turtle - I feel your pain! That bitch got me today too!!! My cycle was extra long again, which I kind of expected, but also made me think in the back of my mind I could be pregnant! Hope you don't mind the colorful language, I cuss like a sailor and it makes me feel better! Haha! Anyways, I bought a fertility test today that I will be testing my FSH level (on Cd3) and DH will be doing a sperm count analysis (I found an EPT test for both at the grocery store). I'm also going to try to focus on fitness and try to lose at least 10 lbs in the next few months to try to improve my fertility.

Welcome mandm! This is a great forum, I feel like we can definitely all relate to each other. I am also 32 with an almost 41yo husband. We have been trying 6 months now and nothing. I think guys just don't quite get it sometimes. Although my hubby is trying to be more supportive, he doesn't quite feel the urgency of only having limited time to have children, and wants to sit down and look at things "logically" to see where we are going wrong. Like I haven't been obsessing over how to get pregnant. And plus, obviously sometimes you can do everything "right" and it still doesn't happen! In my case, he already has a 12yo son, so again he doesn't know what it's like to worry that I will never have my own children!

Turtle - I feel your pain! That bitch got me today too!!! My cycle was extra long again, which I kind of expected, but also made me think in the back of my mind I could be pregnant! Hope you don't mind the colorful language, I cuss like a sailor and it makes me feel better! Haha! Anyways, I bought a fertility test today that I will be testing my FSH level (on Cd3) and DH will be doing a sperm count analysis (I found an EPT test for both at the grocery store). I'm also going to try to focus on fitness and try to lose at least 10 lbs in the next few months to try to improve my fertility.

Sorry she got you too!!! :( Oh no worries at all, I curse like a sailor too! No offense taken here! :D I actually just saw those home sperm analysis things at Walgreens yesterday. I didn't even know they sold those. I just bought a thermometer yesterday to start temping, I guess I'm going to start down that route now! I've was trying really hard to lose weight and did good for awhile...I lost 8 lbs in about 2 1/2 months or so (so I know it's not GREAT, but at least it's something!)...then I stopped doing as well with trying and I've already gained back 1.5 lbs. :dohh: I need to start concentrating on it again! Good luck, I hope it melts off for you and that it helps you conceive right away! :)

Sorry that AF came ladies :( You're one day closer to giving it another go! People keep asking me about my birthday and why I'm not excited. They have no clue that I'm concerned about eggs lol

My hubs is considering a SA, but I've had 2 chemicals, so I don't think he's the "problem"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->