32 and TTC #1

Best of luck to you. My hubs took Fertilaid and Fenugreek. He's never gotten a SA, btu took it anyway and he swears it gave him better swimmers.

Thank you that's good to know!!! I've read it helps with libido and overall feeling better for dtd sooo much. I'm hopeful!! :)

How long have you been ttc? I'll have to read about fenugreek too.

Definitely helped with libido and I swore I could tell a finish in his umm..completion... when he used it. :spermy:

All good news!! His libido needs a good boost! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Hello ladies, been busy with family stuff lately so haven’t had time to write.

crystlmcd, 2b4us and Turtle, I’m sorry AF came… I was so hoping one or more of you would get a BFP this month!

Twinsie, welcome! Sorry to hear that your journey to a baby might be more complicated than expected. You sound very supportive towards DH and that is very important when he’s probably feeling guilty – not that it’s his fault or under his control ! It only takes one spermatozoid so I hope there’s be a super one in there who will be able to reach the goal. Fingers crossed that he’ll get better results from his next sperm analysis. I’ve been told that zinc helps with sperm count and testosterone levels, worth researching or asking your doctor about it? It’s worth keeping track of your cycles even if your chances might be lower, this TTC journey is so unpredictable that I live having a little control over things. Oh, and you’re brave for nannying 4 kids under 10… you’ll be more than ready when yours come along!

Katie, hope the witch stays away!

cutie, almost 12 weeks! How are you feeling?

As for me, AF should be here any day now. I wish I could stop counting obsessively how many months it’s been till the miscarriage, how many months are left for a baby before I’m 34 etc. There have been more pregnancy announcements around me and I just want to hide from it all. Although weirdly I feel happy when it's people I'm close to, or ladies from over here, lol.

:hugs: to you Fleur. You're sounding a little down. And oddly, I counted the months to my 34th birthday just yesterday. If this cycle works out for me, I'll have a little one before it. If not, I'll have one after. When I think back to my younger 20 something self, 34 with my first baby is not where I imagined I'd be! My parents were both older when I was born (my mom was 40), and I had always said I wanted to start my family earlier so that they would have younger parents and grandparents to enjoy. Oh well! Best laid plans and all that, right? I guess they'll have to settle for very wise parents instead who know much more and are harder to trick and charm.:rofl:

No spotting for me yet. I found this website that was VERY informative (and graphic. Just to warn you) https://beautifulcervix.com/ and now I have a much better understanding of what the more "advanced" TTCers are talking about with LH and LP and all that. I also followed the directions and did a check on myself and now I've got a glimmer of hope because I'm not spotting at all and my cervix is closed. I don't know WHY I have a glimmer of hope however, since I haven't read anywhere that those are pregnancy indications. I've just rationalized to myself that a cervix would have to close up or there'd be babies falling out all over the place.

:hugs: fleur. Sorry that things have been difficult since your mc.

AFM, had another weird AF. Spotting Saturday, very light flow Sunday, thought Monday was going to be a light-medium day but by afternoon it was just spotting, spotting yesterday and nothing today. Guess I'm going to have to talk to my doctor during my yearly exam next month. :shrug: I've been crazy busy at work the past few days. Wish things could just be easy! :wacko:

Bahahaha Katie! I'm going to keep a glimmer of hope for you too! O:)
You'll be a wise and witty parent! Maybe 3 or 4 months until you can wear sandals on that beach? :winkwink:

Fleur, I think how you're feeling is quite understandable. Personally I'd still be a tad jealous and happy for those close to me, ha!

FX for positive results on the testing Twinsie :thumbup:

Oooo, the west coast...nice crystlmcd! What's the draw there? Jobs, family...beaches!?

Is work stressful crystlmcd? Could that be messing with your cycle?

Work is not normally stressful, just been crazy busy the past few days. Not sure that's doing anything to my cycle or not.

We have family on the west coast so we would love to be close to them. I also believe I was born to live near the beach so there's that too.

Katie, thanks for the hugs. You’re right, we can make all the plans we want but there’s no guarantee they’ll work out. I wanted to be a young mum like my own (had her 2 by 27), I’m faaar from that. No regrets though, at least it will happen with the right person. My DH is younger than me so I’m not sure how wise of a parent he’ll be :haha: I just clicked on the gallery page on that link, and OMG, I’m SHOCKED!!! Is that what we look like inside?! You did make me laugh with your image of babies falling out all over the place! Fingers crossed that the closed cervix and no spotting are good signs for this cycle.

crystlmcd, thanks to you too. I’ve heard that cycles can change as you grow older (mine are much lighter) but yours do sound weird. Hope your doctor will have some idea of what’s going on.

2b4us, I do have my jealous days but they’re reserved for people I don’t know well or don’t like, oops.

Confession time… This morning my temp had risen again, although I know it’s not very reliable because of the way I’d been charting. FF said I could test today so I did it just to get it out of the way and out of my mind, and very unexpectedly got a faint BFP. I woke up DH to ask his opinion, he started off by saying he could only see one line so I lit up the test strip with my phone torch, and he saw it too. I really wasn’t counting on a BFP this month and I’m refusing to get excited about it, especially since I have ZERO symptoms, less than I have before AF. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but it’s hard to be optimistic after the miscarriage. My birthday is on Sunday and I’m regretting testing so early, because AF could still show up in the next few days. DH is slightly more excited than me but we aren’t even talking about it, that suits me!

Confession time… This morning my temp had risen again, although I know it’s not very reliable because of the way I’d been charting. FF said I could test today so I did it just to get it out of the way and out of my mind, and very unexpectedly got a faint BFP. I woke up DH to ask his opinion, he started off by saying he could only see one line so I lit up the test strip with my phone torch, and he saw it too. I really wasn’t counting on a BFP this month and I’m refusing to get excited about it, especially since I have ZERO symptoms, less than I have before AF. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but it’s hard to be optimistic after the miscarriage. My birthday is on Sunday and I’m regretting testing so early, because AF could still show up in the next few days. DH is slightly more excited than me but we aren’t even talking about it, that suits me!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Ahem. Ok. We're all remaining calm. Have you considered a digital test? One that just spells it out?

I have read lots of ladies discussing fertility after an MC. Apparently, it's increased. Which is very bittersweet.:hugs:

Holding excitement until further notice :)

Thanks for making me smile ladies, I don't know what I'd do without your support :hugs:

Katie, I do have 2 digital tests but I don't want to waste them (I had to order them for the UK), we'll see. Some women do fall pregnant quickly after a miscarriage, but I don't think it's proven that you're more fertile after one. It's been 5 months since mine.

cutie, just noticed you sig, have you had your results back yet?

Thanks for making me smile ladies, I don't know what I'd do without your support :hugs:

Katie, I do have 2 digital tests but I don't want to waste them (I had to order them for the UK), we'll see. Some women do fall pregnant quickly after a miscarriage, but I don't think it's proven that you're more fertile after one. It's been 5 months since mine.

cutie, just noticed you sig, have you had your results back yet?

I like Katie's response hehe. I can't find those exciting little people running back and forth on my list of faces! Anyways, my twin sister had a MC last year and two months later she started trying again and BAM pregnant first try! I do think youre more fertile after a mc for whatever reason, maybe hormones? Pic of test? I'd say wait two days and retest! But I'd embrace the hope that you are pregnant! How are your hormone levels normally? Progesterone? I've read that some women need to take progesterone to help keep their sticky bean in there.. GL!!! Praying for your bfp to remain positive ! :hugs:

Fleur, I would hold off on the digital for a few days. Mine showed not pregnant for a bit and freaked me out, even when I had lines.

FLEUR!!!! I am so super excited for you (on the inside for now)!

Thank you so much everyone. I wish you all had got your BFPs. Still refusing to get excited. I am expecting the worst honestly, I didn’t even try properly this month and I’m feeling completely normal. I tested again this morning and got a faint BFP, but my temps have gone down a little (although I didn’t get more than 2.5 hours straight sleep). I was so sure I was out this month that I hadn’t been very careful the previous days : I ate sushi, made my DH spray insecticide everywhere because I saw 2 cockroaches, ate tons of crisps and biscuits as I was feeling sorry for myself!

Twinsie, I also like Katie’s response, very muted and controlled lol. To get the running (and other) faces, you need to go to Quick Reply at the bottom of the thread -> Go advanced -> More (in the smilies on the side). It must have been bittersweet for you when your twin sister got her BFP :hugs: I have no idea about my hormone levels, my OB/Gyn didn’t get them tested even when I was miscarrying (said there was no point). He said he’ll see me when I’m 8 weeks along so I might go and see a GP to ask for a blood test.

cutie, I’ve got digital tests with dual indicator, so they say Pregnant 1-2 weeks / 2-3 weeks / 3-4 weeks. I’m not in a hurry to use those tests, I’m too scared of the result.

Fleur: I completely understand your caution. If your lines get darker though, I really hope you'll allow yourself a little more joy. The idea of going through an MC again must be terrifying, but maybe this IS a BFP and maybe this IS your rainbow baby! Wouldn't that be amazing? And then when you're ready, you can let us know and we will celebrate with all the crazy emojis! (I'm planning on using the ninja for a SNEAKY BEAN.)
AFM: just tested this morning with a FRER, and BFN. Grr. I'm at CD31 with no AF yet. Which will put this at my longest cycle now. In fact, they've only gotten longer every month I've been off BCP. I'm putting my order in for those OPKs now so I can (try to!) figure out what's going on here. I need to catch a sneaky bean too!

Katie, it took me about 4 cycles off BCP to get back to normal. I was on depo for 11 years and then BCP for 1. My first cycle of was over 50 days long. It's crazy what BC can do to your cycles!

Katie, it took me about 4 cycles off BCP to get back to normal. I was on depo for 11 years and then BCP for 1. My first cycle of was over 50 days long. It's crazy what BC can do to your cycles!

RATIONALLY I figured that's what is going on, but UNRATIONALLY I want to punch my cycles in the face. :grr:

Katie, it would be amazing, especially when I wasn’t expecting it at all. I’ve had some pinkish/brown discharge after gym today, although I only walked on the treadmill and did some light weights (arms), so I'm feeling even more pessimistic. It’s my birthday on Sunday, hope it’s not going to be an awful day.

Sorry you got a BFN, my friend was on birth control for many years and stopped recently, her cycle lengths also vary quite a lot. OPKs should be able to give you a little advance warning about ovulation while your cycles are settling down. (They totally deserve a punch in the face)

Oh, forgot to tell you. Yesterday when I tested I doubted my sanity so dipped another stick under running water to see if two lines came up. Only the control line did (but fainter than on the stick I used) - so no baby taps about to be born. I still wasn't sure so I asked DH to take a test but he refused :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->