32 and TTC #1

Just got the onesie in the mail I'm going to use to tell DH when we finally get our BFP. Hope I didn't just jinx us! It's the first thing I've bought for baby and it almost made me cry. I'm a weirdo!

Attachments

• 2015-02-11 16.56.35.jpg
    2015-02-11 16.56.35.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 4
I love that onesie!!!! No such thing as jinxing it.

Crystl, I LOVE that onesie so much! So cute!!! I hope you get to use it this month! :) :)

Katie, I'm sorry that this tww has been so rough on you. :hugs: I'm telling you, this ttc stuff is for the birds. It sucks. Hang in there. I really hope this is your month and you don't have to go through this again!

So I guess that wasn't AF after all. :shrug: Which makes more sense being as how it's not due until Saturday. I guess it was just spotting, I've just never had clots with spotting. (Sorry, tmi, I know)

Too cute crystlmcd, I really hope you get your Valentine's BFP! So close!

Stay sane Katie, lol! TWW you're a jerk face, why can't you be kind to us? :growlmad:

Hi my name is 2b, I'm also a list maker. I'm always finding scraps of paper on the counters and in my purse and pockets.

Turtle, it seems like the last 4 months or so I've been spotting before AF. It'll start 2-3 days before with some very faint coloration in my CM. Tomorrow I probably won't see much at all until evening and then from there, it'll progress. I expect to see my temps drop the next couple of days.

Huge temp drop today so I suspect AF will be showing very soon.

Huge temp drop today so I suspect AF will be showing very soon.

I don't know enough about temping so I won't try to encourage you, but I do hope your temps will rise again and that you're still in with a chance :hugs:

Turtle, fingers firmly crossed that you’ll be getting an October 2015 baby! I don’t think I can afford to be picky about birth months now… December will do !

Katie, the TWW is horrible, especially since the “symptoms” could go either way each month. You probably told us but how long have your cycles been since coming off BCP? If you don’t get a BFP this month, OPKs will help pinpoint ovulation to within a couple of days if they work for you (some women don’t get positives on them).

crystlmcd, that onesie is really cute. You didn’t jinx yourself, I hope you’ll get to wrap it up for DH soon. I have a huge box of baby/children’s clothes that I’ve bought over the years, even before I started TTC.

2b4us, any updates?

AFM, had another very restless night. Almost tempted to take sleeping pills. Not sure I’ll temp next month!

Thanks, fleur. I haven't lost complete hope. Depending on the detection method I use, FF is giving me 2 different O days. If it's right the way it is then AF is probably coming. If it's wrong then I'm only 9DPO and there's more of a chance of it going back up. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks, ladies! I do always get spotting before AF though and it's right on time for that. I'm guessing it was just weird this time. I'm fully expecting AF by Saturday, which is a-ok since we weren't even really trying this month!

Crystl, I'm sorry that your temp dropped this morning. :( I am still holding out hope for you though that it goes back up! It's still a ways above the cover line, so I'm hopeful. :) I'm keeping my FX that your O day is the other day like you were saying and you're only 9dpo today! :hugs:

Fleur, so sorry that you've been sleeping so terribly this cycle! I don't blame you for possibly wanting to give temping up. It made me too anxious with sleeping too so that's why I gave it up. It wasn't worth it to me.

2b, I really hope your spotting this time is something different. :) Your temps still look really good, and I have everything crossed that the mean :witch: stays away! :)

Cycle length post BCP. I went off at the end of October. Hmmm... 27 days, 30 days (that's when we traveled to CA to visit family. Pretty sure that affected things. I must have needed all my blood to fuel two mad dash runs through the Newark airport to make connections that we almost missed), and now we're in cycle three, which is at 23 days currently. I would have assumed I had a shorter cycle than the standard 28 days, since AF never really listened to the BCP all that well, and I routinely started 3-4 days before the end of the pack.

I think this process is very hard for us list-writers. I mean, when I try anything new, I first learn (ahem, obsessively) as much about it as I can, make up the process of achieving the result I'm trying for, and then begin the project. And I guess I've approached TTC in the same way? It's like this:

1. estimate cycle length
2. count backwards to determine O window
3. DTD during said window as much as possible
4. Wait
5. Test
6. Repeat

But if #2 is off, then #3 is off, which means I'll be doing #6 a whole lot more than I want to! I think if I try out the OPKs for a couple of cycles I'll get a better feeling on if my calculations are correct or not. Hopefully. Or not?

In the meantime, I'm trying to tackle some of the extra pounds I've put on since I've met DH. I call them "happy pounds", but I don't exactly want to be quite so jolly a person! DH thinks I'm a little (or a lot) crazy to be trying to lose weight, just to gain it back, but I want to be a cute little pregnant lady!

Oh Katie, you're hilarious! Hopefully opks will help you out and you won't have to "repeat" too many times :winkwink:. I've got at least 20 lbs of happy lbs to loose.... ha, I definitely won't be the cute pregnant lady! I'll have cankles in no time :haha:.

Turtle, you sound refreshed and ready for a new cycle start! :thumbup:

Hoping your temp drop is just temporary crystlmcd. I still have hope for you!

A little spotting here and there today. Pretty sure it's AF on her way.

Temp went back up a little today. No spotting or anything yet so I'm guessing I'm really 10DPO and not 12DPO. So the waiting continues!

Turtle, has the spotting stopped? You're right, charting might not be for me... I'm having fun doing it (if you don't count the restless nights) but I'm shattered all the time.

Katie, I didn't know you could have cycles shorter than 28 days while taking the pill! My cycles are also a bit longer when I travel. 27-30 days sound normal, mine were 27-31 days (rarely 26 and 32) and my doctor said that's not considered as irregular. OPKs are helping me because I can know approximately when to expect AF, I can't count on CM anymore, it used to be so accurate :shrug: Hope you won't need them for long but do give them a try! Haha I know what you mean about being a cute pregnant lady... Have you seen pics of Duchess Kate?? I'm also trying to go the gym regularly but I'll never look like that lol.

2b4us, are you still spotting?

crystlmcd, yay for the temps rising again! Will you test tomorrow?!

I managed to get a 4-hour stretch of sleep yesterday but I'm still exhausted. I don't want to give up temping but I'll have to see in the next few days if my sleep gets better. Otherwise I'll just use OPKs next month, they work well for me. Fertility Friend has decided that most of my temps aren't reliable, I only have 3 blue dots in the whole cycle :blush: I wish someone would get a BFP this month, so fingers crossed ladies!

I'll still test tomorrow unless my temp goes down in the morning. Fingers crossed!

Morning, ladies! Crystl, that's wonderful news that your temp went back up this morning! I can't wait hear your results tomorrow, everything crossed! :D

2b, same to you, can't wait to hear your results tomorrow, and everything crossed for you as well! :)

Fleur, I'm glad that you're enjoying charting, even if it does mean more restless nights! I hope that smooths out for you soon. :hugs:

Katie, you certainly crack me up! I've put on "happy pounds" too...boo! I've managed to lose some of them this year but not as much as I would like! And I think it makes total sense to try to lose some of that weight before becoming pregnant, even though that means it'll be put back on. I certainly don't want to go into pregnancy at my highest weight ever! I don't need to add more to the burden of losing after having a baby! :dohh:

Cutie, how are you feeling?

My spotting is still here. It's been really weird this cycle. I've never had spotting quite like this...it's heavier than normal, and it usually comes and goes over the days leading up to AF, it doesn't usually stick around the whole time? :shrug: AF is due tomorrow, I guess I'll see what happens!

I'm 34 and praying that God will come through for me! I want a little one so badly!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news: 4.5 total happy pounds lost as of this morning! Bad news: I am out of creative ways to make kale taste good. Also, I am less happy... correlation? 2b: I fully expect to get cankles of my own, which is totally fine! It's winter here for so long that I wear boots practically year round, and I plan to be the Queen of Maxi Dress in the short summer. It's the bump I'm focusing on! I need to make some room for it. :haha:

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and invest in some OPKs for next cycle so I can learn about my LP and O habits. DH and I need to pace ourselves, so I need to calculate better fertility days!

Hi ladies! I've been following this thread for a few weeks and love how supportive you girls are with each other. I didn't want to intrude and was following from a distance, but I could really use some support right now.

DH had his testosterone checked and it came back low.. He's being referred to an endocrinologist now. And will probably have to start supplementation.
I feel hopeless now for this month knowing that his sperm count is most likely really low. Low testosterone is bad for sperm count and making mature sperm. So I've read..

So now we have to see what the dr says. I'm hoping he gets started soon but I was reading that supplementation actually makes Sperm count worse so he would need an indirect way to increase testosterone that doesn't affect sperm count negatively. So once his testosterone is increased we have a much better chance of getting pregnant. But sperm takes 72 days to mature apparently so even if he was back to normal next month the sperm will take a few months to mature before it can fertilize an egg. I'm crushed!

DH feels sooooo horrible so I've shifted my emotions and focus on making him feel better. The poor guy can't control it. So I want to make sure he doesn't feel less of a man and all that. He's 35, and I'm 30 so our ages aren't ideal to have to delay TTC but at least we know now and we've only been trying for a few months. We haven't wasted that much time. Now we will just focus on getting in shape and will have longer to save money! Silver lining to everything right.. Bummed, but we will get through it. Just more waiting ! Sigh.

I have been been dealing with ovulating late and a short LP but vitex has helped that a lot over the last month and a half. Who knew ttc was gonna be so complicated!! :/

Anyways, that's my story. I look forward to continuing this journey with all of you wonderful ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->