32 and TTC #1

Fleur, its freezing here. Currently 19 degrees (F). I've read you should stop temping after getting your BFP because your temp can do crazy things once you're pregnant. Hoping things continue to move along smoothly for you!

Welcome champagnerain. I understand about family being fertile myrtles. All 4 of my sisters got pregnant when they weren't trying with all of their kids. Good luck on your journey!

Very quick pop in but I owed you ladies an update. I got my results back and all genetic testing was normal and I'm having a baby boy!

Will be back on tonight to catch up.

Twinsie !!! That is wonderful news, CONGRATULATIONS !!! How are you feeling?
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Turtle, sorry to hear about your DH’s SA results. Poor him, he must be feeling upset. The HSG sounds horrible but I’m glad everything looks good for you. I hope the RE will be able to boost your spirits. In the meantime I’d second (third?) what the others have said, supplements for your DH wouldn’t hurt so do research the different options. As Twinsie and her DH have proven, it only takes one strong little soldier! Lots of hugs to you.

Katie, bummer about AF! A 31 day cycle is good though, especially if you’re regular, you'll know approximately when you ovulate. With the OPKs, I used to test between 2 pm and 6 pm. You could test twice a day if you notice the test line getting almost positive, so you don’t miss the surge. The SMEP plan is supposed to have great results :
“Try” every other day starting on the eighth day of your cycle. On the tenth day of your cycle you will begin daily testing with OPKs and upon receiving a positive OPK you will “try” 3 more days in a row. Skip one day and give it one more try.
Good luck !

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies. Didn’t do much during the day but we went to a James Blunt concert in the evening, it was fab! Not sure the American ladies will know who he is.

I don’t really have news… Still no symptoms at all (unless an upset stomach counts as one lol), before AF I have more symptoms. I spotted a bit for a couple of days (brown) and I keep feeling like AF is about to come. I’ve started sleeping on my front on purpose hoping that I’ll wake up with sore boobs but nope, they’re fine. On Saturday (15 DPO) I had a big temp dip so I asked DH to hide my thermometer and pregnancy tests. I might go to a lab and ask for a blood test in a few days if there’s no change, I’d rather know what’s happening instead of getting my hopes up.

crystlmcd, cutie, hope you’re doing well. Is it still very cold?

Thank you fleur!! So far I feel great minus being tired but I haven't been sleeping well so I don't think that's due to being preggers! I have no nausea or anything yet! I'm sure it'll show up soon though :)

It sounds very promising for you! When will you test??!

Very quick pop in but I owed you ladies an update. I got my results back and all genetic testing was normal and I'm having a baby boy!

I didn't know you could find out the sex at 12 weeks!! That's mind blowing lol. I thought it was more like 16!? You must be so excited!!! Congrats. :)

I didn't know you could find out the sex at 12 weeks!! That's mind blowing lol. I thought it was more like 16!? You must be so excited!!! Congrats. :)

I did genetic and chromosome testing. They can tell the gender from the chromosomes.

Hooray Twinsie!!! Look at that...the special:spermy: made its way after all! :happydance:

And a boy for you cutieq, awesome! Tbh, if we ever get pregnant, I'm kind of hoping for a boy, but of course I'd be happy with either or O:).

Sorry to hear about DH's SA results Turtle, let's hope it's just a minor hurdle. On a positive note though, that's super that things are clear on your end!

Well I wouldn't be opposed to going to a James Blunt concert for my birthday, lucky you fleur! Hope things are well with you :flower:

Crystlmcd, you've got four sisters!? Wowzers, and I thought it was bad that I had three, ha! Any brothers?

Just waiting on O here. CM isn't suggesting it's happening in the next couple of days...guessing early next week. Might get in some pre:sex: tomorrow pm, it's our our 2 year anniversary. :haha:

Best of luck with your opks Katie...maybe this will be the key to giving AF the boot next cycle!

Welcome champagnerain!

Haha! Yep, there's 5 of us! We don't have any brothers. Growing up you would have thought we were boys by the way we acted. My mom had a big bunch of tomboys.

I'm also patiently (or not so much) waiting to O. I'm not expecting it until Sunday or Monday, though. Congrats on your anniversary! We will be celebrating 2 years (married, 13 years together) in June.

cutie, congrats on getting good results from the genetic testing, and a baby boy, yay! :blue::cloud9:

crystlmcd, 4 sisters, wow! I imagine it was loads of fun mixed in with some good fights. Looks like the cold spell isn’t over yet in the States? I’ve read that Manhattan is surrounded by ice because the rivers are freezing, that must be quite a sight.

Twinsie, how did you tell DH about your BFP? He must be feeling pretty proud of his tough little guy :haha:

2b4us, happy anniversary! Are you doing anything special (apart from the anniversary cuddle lol)?

champagnerain, good luck with TTC!

Katie, Turtle, how are you doing?

I’m officially in denial mode for some more time. I have no symptoms but I’ve decided not to get blood tests done because they won’t necessarily tell if I’m having a missed miscarriage again. I haven’t taken a pregnancy test again because I’m scared of what I’ll see. If I get that far, I might ask for a scan at 6.5 or 7 weeks, and in the meantime I’m just going to ignore it all. :ignore:

cutie, congrats on getting good results from the genetic testing, and a baby boy, yay! :blue::cloud9:

crystlmcd, 4 sisters, wow! I imagine it was loads of fun mixed in with some good fights. Looks like the cold spell isn’t over yet in the States? I’ve read that Manhattan is surrounded by ice because the rivers are freezing, that must be quite a sight.

Twinsie, how did you tell DH about your BFP? He must be feeling pretty proud of his tough little guy :haha:

2b4us, happy anniversary! Are you doing anything special (apart from the anniversary cuddle lol)?

champagnerain, good luck with TTC!

Katie, Turtle, how are you doing?

I’m officially in denial mode for some more time. I have no symptoms but I’ve decided not to get blood tests done because they won’t necessarily tell if I’m having a missed miscarriage again. I haven’t taken a pregnancy test again because I’m scared of what I’ll see. If I get that far, I might ask for a scan at 6.5 or 7 weeks, and in the meantime I’m just going to ignore it all. :ignore:

DH was definitely shocked!! We both were already mentally moved on to the next cycle (or 2 or 3) so when I saw the very faint line sat I pretty much cried in the bathroom for a few minutes. Still in disbelief I decided not to tell DH until the line was really visible. So I kept it to myself ALL day Saturday and it was hard!! We went out to dinner with friends that night and I just blamed my not drinking to being on cold Meds.. Which DH didn't question. But when we got home from dinner I couldn't wait any longer. I took another test which was another faint line and so when we got into bed to go to sleep I told him my period didn't show up that day like I thought it would. He was like "what does that mean?!" And I told him about my testing and getting a very faint line and that I will test the next day with a better urine sample to see if it's for real..

So the next morning I had gotten up around 7 to let the dog out and he must've woken up cuz when I got out of the bathroom after letting the dog out he was wide awake and staring at me like "so?!" Lol.
The line was still faint but darker than the day before. I had hidden a shirt in the bathroom weeks before that says preggers so I put that on and went over to him. We both cried and hugged. It was a great moment!

Today I took another test just to see if the line is getting darker and it was a lot darker and it showed up a lot quicker too so I'm starting to get really excited!! :happydance:

Twinsie, I am soooo happy for you both! Last month, I started to imagine what that time right after getting two lines would be like for me, and I can't wait. To think that you're the only person in the world who knows there's a new person coming! And THEN to get to tell OH. Must be awesome! When I realized that if this cycle works for us, our due date would be at Christmas, I initially thought we should take a break trying. But then I thought how great the reveal opportunities would be for telling people, and I decided it's too good an opportunity to pass up! :winkwink: Plus, I ADORE birthdays, so although Christmas is hectic, I think a potential LO would still be sufficiently celebrated...

...but a January baby would be cool too. Or February. Or whatever month that ends up working out!

Fleur: Are you really going to hold out for 7 weeks with no AF? You have willpower, woman. I'm going to be so excited for you when your sticky bean comes along. To see the happy posts I know you'll be writing is going to be great! :hugs:

AFM: It snowed here last night. Again. It was only 3 inches, so we're not even counting it anymore. We only bother caring now if it's more than 6 inches. Happily, the fact that it snowed meant it was WARMER than it has been, so that's a bonus. I have a temperature read out on my dashboard display, and if the temp is lower than 37F, an exclamation mark icon pops up that says "LOW TEMPERATURE WARNING!". That icon has been up since December. It irritates the hell out of me. They should make Maine cars with lower thresholds! Like, 0F, maybe. I mean, the OCEAN is frozen here right now. 37F would be BALMY.

Twinsie, I am soooo happy for you both! Last month, I started to imagine what that time right after getting two lines would be like for me, and I can't wait. To think that you're the only person in the world who knows there's a new person coming! And THEN to get to tell OH. Must be awesome! When I realized that if this cycle works for us, our due date would be at Christmas, I initially thought we should take a break trying. But then I thought how great the reveal opportunities would be for telling people, and I decided it's too good an opportunity to pass up! :winkwink: Plus, I ADORE birthdays, so although Christmas is hectic, I think a potential LO would still be sufficiently celebrated...

...but a January baby would be cool too. Or February. Or whatever month that ends up working out!

Fleur: Are you really going to hold out for 7 weeks with no AF? You have willpower, woman. I'm going to be so excited for you when your sticky bean comes along. To see the happy posts I know you'll be writing is going to be great! :hugs:

AFM: It snowed here last night. Again. It was only 3 inches, so we're not even counting it anymore. We only bother caring now if it's more than 6 inches. Happily, the fact that it snowed meant it was WARMER than it has been, so that's a bonus. I have a temperature read out on my dashboard display, and if the temp is lower than 37F, an exclamation mark icon pops up that says "LOW TEMPERATURE WARNING!". That icon has been up since December. It irritates the hell out of me. They should make Maine cars with lower thresholds! Like, 0F, maybe. I mean, the OCEAN is frozen here right now. 37F would be BALMY.

I know how you feel about first not wanting a Xmas baby, I felt the same way. But knew if it came to that I'd be happy and get over it !! Plus, you're right, there are great announcement ideas!! I'm trying to come up with a fun Easter announcement!

I know how you feel about first not wanting a Xmas baby, I felt the same way. But knew if it came to that I'd be happy and get over it !! Plus, you're right, there are great announcement ideas!! I'm trying to come up with a fun Easter announcement!

OMG! EASTER! Yes. All those little chicks in eggs that are out there? So perfect!

Aww Twinsie, enjoy every moment ! What is your due date?

Katie, I was only recently saying that I didn’t know whether to TTC in April because the baby would be due in December but what if it worked that month, I wouldn’t want to miss that chance. I’m sure we wouldn’t let our kids’ birthday fade into the background, what about banning Christmas instead? Joking aside, you could do cute photo shoots with the baby dressed up in elves’ outfits etc <3

I hate the cold but I’d almost want to brave it to see the frozen ocean. Hope it will start getting warmer soon and that you’ll be rid of the low temp warning on your car!

I don’t think I’ll hold out till 7 weeks… I’ll probably take a pregnancy test next week, and maybe blood tests in 10 days if I still don’t have any symptoms. DH talks to the embryo and tells him to start acting up because I want nausea and sore boobs and all the rest!

Hi, ladies! Sorry I've been MIA again!

Cutie, congrats on being team blue, and on your test results all coming back good! Yay!!! :happydance: Have you guys started thinking up any names yet? :)

Fleur, you have some major willpower, girl! I just want to reach through the computer and make you test again, since it's killing ME to know! :haha: In all seriousness though, I know how scary this must be for you so I don't blame you for being worried, especially with the lack of symptoms. Just try to tell yourself that regardless of what happens, RIGHT NOW you ARE pregnant. Or does that make it worse? :wacko: I have everything in the world crossed for you that this one sticks!!!

Twinsie, that's so cute about telling DH and his reaction! I love it! So when's your EDD? :D

Katie, I agree on not wanting a Christmas baby...but of course I will take anything I can get! I'm not going to be picky at this point. I absolutely love birthdays too and I would do everything within my power to make it extra special for a Christmas baby, but I would still just feel bad for it. :( Maybe it's because my birthday is in June so I've always gotten to celebrate Christmas and birthday almost exactly 6 months apart, so I feel that that's ideal. :haha:

2b, happy anniversary!!! I hope you and DH have a really nice one together celebrating! Are you guys doing anything special to celebrate, or anything special gift wise? We'll be celebrating our 2nd this August; last year we went with the whole "traditional" present gifts for a 1st anniversary, and I'm kind of excited to do that again this year with the 2nd one! :)

I've got my appointment set with the RE for 4/28. It's so far away, but I actually don't mind. That gives us a chance to let the HSG do it's thing and see if we can conceive on our own in those few months following it, like so many people do after one. They called yesterday with the "official" HSG results and the only thing they noticed was that my uterine cavity seems small. My OBGYN had no idea what that would mean, but said to have the films sent to the RE for our appointment as well as the report, to see if she has any insight on whether that means anything or not. Has anyone heard of that meaning something? :shrug:

Turtle- I've never heard of that but I am praying it doesn't mean anything! Doesn't the uterus expand anyways as the baby grows ?! I think it'll be fine!

Fleur- you are so strong! I think testing next week is a great idea. I'm really really praying for you !

AFM: my EDD is October 30th! My wedding anniversary month! (10/3). DH and I love the fall! Seems fitting to have a fall baby :)

Finally on my computer and able to do a sufficient post:

champagnerain - how are you? haven&#8217;t seen an update from you in a bit

Twinsie, my symptoms weren&#8217;t very strong so don&#8217;t let it bug you. doesn&#8217;t sound like it is. they&#8217;ll be there soon enough or maybe you&#8217;ll be one of the lucky ones! Glad your lines are darkening!

2b4us, we were going to be happy regardless, but definitely wanted a boy first so joy spiked a bit! Happy Anniversary!

Fleur, you&#8217;ve got willpower, but I understand. hoping you get some answers soon!

Turtle, DH had his boy name set on the baby being the 4th, so the name is decided! Nothing real creative - Vincent R (last name) IV - and we&#8217;ll call him Vinnie or Q (our last name) I&#8217;m always hesitant about someone finding me on bnb so I don&#8217;t want to put the whole name lol.

AFM: we finally got some snow in NC. 5 inches and I&#8217;m loving it. Snow is so rare for us, so I welcome it. I have my announcement in my journal, but I&#8217;ll post to you all next when we finally announce on social media. We wanted a boy, but weren't set on a gender. We would've been happy with anything, but our joy meter actually went up 10 notches to find out it's a boy!

Hay ladies, just checking in. TGIF!! Supposed to snow all weekend. Boo! I am SO ready for spring. Expecting O Sunday or Monday. Hopefully it's not late so I can start my TWW.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Yay Friday! Yay O'ing! Boo TWW! Today marks the first day of the... ummm... "active phase" of SMEP! Sunday I get to start POA OPK stick. Progess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->