32 and TTC #1

I know, right! TWW - thing thing you can't wait to start and then dread when it's finally here.

Enjoy your "activities"! Haha!

Happy Friday ladies!!

Have fun dtd Katie! GL poa opk in a few days! Hopefully you'll get your positive soon!

Crystl- hope you catch that eggy!

I am very excited about this weekend, telling my parents tomorrow about baby R! I got a shirt for my dad that says "I'm papa, what's your superpower?!" And my mom: "Number 1 nana " that we will give them tomorrow :happydance:I love telling people in fun ways !

How fun, twinsie! I'm sure they'll love it and be so excited!

enjoy your BD weekend crystlmcd & Katie.

So exciting Twinsie! My DH went to a boys weekend today and he is going to tell all of them. I can't wait to hear their reactions.

enjoy your BD weekend crystlmcd & Katie.

So exciting Twinsie! My DH went to a boys weekend today and he is going to tell all of them. I can't wait to hear their reactions.

Cool!! Let us know what their reactions are! Was your DH nervous/excited to share the news? Mine is such a private person so I'm curious when he will tell his close friends.

It went great! He's the last of his friends to be a dad. Then I got a flood of texts from the wives lol. He's pretty private, uses no social media, but in this instance his hesitation was because of our losses so he was tight lipped until 12 weeks.

Nothing wrong with tomboys crystlmcd....I'd probably classify myself as one growing up, ha! Great for the imagination! Sounds like we've a couple more two year anniversaries this year, hooray!!! 13 years with DH, that's impressive! I've only known the OH for 7. Hope I still like him in 13 :haha:.

Fleur, how you holding up? We're all getting very excited for testing day!

Love your excitement Twinsie! Maybe you'll have a Halloween baby, that'd be fun as well! Your parents are going to be through the roof with happiness!

I don't know anybody named Vincent cutieq, so I definitely approve of the name! :winkwink: Isn't that too bad when you think of a possible name, but you end up knowing of someone who has that name and they're not so great? Is the snow still kicking around? Sounds like you guys will have some good support from your friends through this baby journey, that's awesome!

Turtle, my birthday is also in June, the 26th. I have never put it into perspective like that in it's relation to Christmas...that's awesome! I feel lucky now, thanks! :hugs: I also agree with Twinsie on the expansion of the uterus thing. FX on some productivity the next couple of months!

One more day until you can go pee crazy Katie! :wacko: Good luck!

ASM, we didn't do a whole lot for our anniversary. I took the the day off work, but most of the day we both had our eyes glued to our electronics, a tad pathetic and we will definitely have to improve upon that next year...something indoors though :cold:. Supper was at a really tasty pasta restaurant, I had lobster ravioli. We don't generally exchange gifts, as we usually end up going on some excursion around this time and classify that as 'our' gift to each other. And of course, bedtime cuddles.

By the looks of my temp this am, I'm guessing O happened recently. For some reason I'm not feeling very optimistic. I think this time of winter gets everybody a little cranky and depressed.

Hi, ladies! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

Crystl, we're getting snow here all weekend too, boo! I'm ready for it to be spring already! We did our errand running early this morning so now we're hunkered down for the weekend, with a nice excuse to be lazy without feeling too guilty about it. :) I'm so excited for you that O is right around the corner, I so hope you catch it!!! :)

Cutie, that's awesome that you're having a IV baby. That makes it nice and easy name wise! :haha: And I love that DH had a guys weekend and broke it to all the friends, and even more so how supportive and wonderful they were about it. I bet that was awesome receiving all the texts from theirs wives quickly after he told them! :hugs: Is he gone all weekend?

Fleur, how are you doing? I can't wait for you to test again!!! I do hope you're starting to have some symptoms now, even if just for the simple reason of making you FEEL more pregnant! :hugs:

Twinsie, good luck with telling your parents today! I can't wait to hear what they say, so exciting! I love the onesies idea!!! :)

2b, that's funny! That's always been one of my many favorite things about being a June baby. :) Mine is the 30th, and DH's is the 22nd! We're full of June birthdays in this house, we're only 8 days apart (same year and everything)! I'm so glad to hear you had such a nice anniversary. We're terrible about the screen thing too, and I'm trying to get better about it...both because it drives me up the wall when he's stuck in his phone and not paying attention, and because I don't want to be doing that to him too. I love gifts like that...that's what we did for our 30th birthdays, we took a trip to Vegas and that was our gift to each other. :)

Katie, how are you doing? That's exciting that SMEP has started, yay!!! I do so hope you catch it, good luck!!!

Turtle it's quite funny because they're some of the ladies that drove me here. All younger and all popping out babies and constantly asking me "what are you waiting for". It felt good to be able to tell them. Maybe now I will feel comfortable telling them how insensitive they've been for the past few years!

Turtle it's quite funny because they're some of the ladies that drove me here. All younger and all popping out babies and constantly asking me "what are you waiting for". It felt good to be able to tell them. Maybe now I will feel comfortable telling them how insensitive they've been for the past few years!

Aww cutie, I'm sorry you had some insensitive girls making you feel bad/sad. Glad you found this forum and friends on here to help!!! :hugs:

So I told my parents today!! It was so fun. I walked over to them and said I had belated christmas gifts for them and gave them the T shirts . My dad read his papa shirt and was totally clueless lol! Since he already is a papa to my sisters baby.. Until my mom read her "worlds greatest nana. Est 2015" and goes oh my god, are you pregnant ?! Then my dad goes , wait, are you ?!?! Lol. Too funny :dohh: my older brother was there randomly (he never spends time with us- but has been staying with my rents for a few days) so he got to find out too. So it was nice!!! They were thrilled and are very excited! They love how the family is growing with babies !! :)

Turtle, I’m thinking if a small uterine cavity was something really bad, your OB/Gyn would know about it? I hope it’s just a normal variation. DH’s birthday is in June and I’ve always thought it was the perfect month for a birthday. But honestly, I don’t care so much now, even a baby born on Xmas would be fine by me.

cutie, you sound over the moon! I like the name, Vinnie at home and Vincent as a “proper” name when he’s all grown up. Looking forward to seeing your announcement. Sorry that your DH’s friends’ wives were so insensitive when you were trying. It must be so wonderful to finally have your turn.

crystlmcd, hope you won’t ovulate late and that you can start the much-loved/hated TWW soon.

2b4us, I’ve also known DH for 7 year and we’re also guilty of spending too much time glued to the TV/tablet/Kindle. Good luck for the TWW to you too.

Katie, hope you enjoyed your active weekend ;)

Twinsie, I had a smile on my face reading about your family’s reactions. So will your baby be your parents’ second grandchild? If all goes well for me, I’ll also be due on the 30th of October.

Well ladies, I cracked yesterday and tested with a dip strip at 5 PM. Got a strong positive straight away but I’m still having NO symptoms at all, and I'm spotting (brown) almost every day. My boobs are very slightly sore when I prod them but that’s it. I’m trying a Clearblue weeks indicator test tomorrow but I’m so scared it will show only 1-2 weeks. Still wondering whether to get blood tests done, and I’ll probably ask for a scan at 6.5 weeks, I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out till 8 weeks.

Fleur that's exciting and brown spotting isn't bad. Lots of women have that. I think it's referred to as "old blood"

The indicator tests go by your hcg, not your actual weeks so I wouldn't let it stress you. How many weeks do you think you would be now?

Also want to add my symptoms were pretty minimal and have remained that way through 12 weeks. If you're getting a strong, not faint, positive that sounds like a really good sign!

Turtle, I’m thinking if a small uterine cavity was something really bad, your OB/Gyn would know about it? I hope it’s just a normal variation. DH’s birthday is in June and I’ve always thought it was the perfect month for a birthday. But honestly, I don’t care so much now, even a baby born on Xmas would be fine by me.

cutie, you sound over the moon! I like the name, Vinnie at home and Vincent as a “proper” name when he’s all grown up. Looking forward to seeing your announcement. Sorry that your DH’s friends’ wives were so insensitive when you were trying. It must be so wonderful to finally have your turn.

crystlmcd, hope you won’t ovulate late and that you can start the much-loved/hated TWW soon.

2b4us, I’ve also known DH for 7 year and we’re also guilty of spending too much time glued to the TV/tablet/Kindle. Good luck for the TWW to you too.

Katie, hope you enjoyed your active weekend ;)

Twinsie, I had a smile on my face reading about your family’s reactions. So will your baby be your parents’ second grandchild? If all goes well for me, I’ll also be due on the 30th of October.

Well ladies, I cracked yesterday and tested with a dip strip at 5 PM. Got a strong positive straight away but I’m still having NO symptoms at all, and I'm spotting (brown) almost every day. My boobs are very slightly sore when I prod them but that’s it. I’m trying a Clearblue weeks indicator test tomorrow but I’m so scared it will show only 1-2 weeks. Still wondering whether to get blood tests done, and I’ll probably ask for a scan at 6.5 weeks, I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out till 8 weeks.

Awww well first off huge congrats!!! You are pregnant!!! And secondly, I have zero symptoms also!! And I'm 5 weeks 2days pregnant. Boobs aren't sore at all yet. No nausea. Nothing. I had brown spotting every day until about Thursday. So it's not uncommon. Take deep breaths when you feel anxious, that always helps me. Did you schedule an appt? Mine is March 16th! They wouldn't let me get a blood test since spotting is normal. I took a clear blue yesterday and it says 2-3 weeks prego so I'm thinking I implanted late. But my other tests were strong fast lines. If yours are too your clear blue should be good :) maybe wait another 2 days and test with clear blue? I dont want you to put so much pressure on the results. Hope I could help in some way :hugs:

Thanks so much for your comforting words ladies, it’s reassuring to know that a lack of symptoms doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something wrong.

cutie, that’s good to know about the Clearblue tests. I’m 5 weeks 2 days today by my LMP, Twinsie and I are due date buddies!

Twinsie, I haven’t scheduled my appointment yet, the doctor told me to come in at 8 weeks but I really want a scan at 6.5 or 7 weeks. He wouldn’t order blood tests either but I can just go to the lab and ask for them, so will do that this week.

Does your doc know you had a loss? That's the only mine would do anything before 8w. I'm glad you're getting the bloods done though. That will give you so assurance.

Yes he knows. Last time I was so excited I went for my first scan the day after my BFP, at 4 weeks 3 days or something. He's the one who did the surgery after the missed miscarriage, but for him it was just one of those things. I asked him if he'd see me earlier or recommend blood tests next time, he said there's no need to. He literally said "come and see me at 8 weeks, and don't stress in the meantime". Don't stress, lol. So yeah, he'll probably be getting a visit from me very soon, unless I suddenly start feeling pregnant this week.
I'm also hoping the blood test results will reassure me, I'd like to know one way or another.

So how are you feeling? Less tired than in the first trimester?

Bloods can be tricky with all the internet tells you about doubling times but as long as you're pregnant, you're pregnant!

I had a pretty smooth 1st tri. Definitely feeling less tired now and less symptoms. My next appointment is Tuesday.

I'm glad we could help fleur :hugs: love that we are due date buddies !!! What are the odds! lol I wonder which one of us will be first :) my appt is at my 7.5 week mark so I'm hoping I get a good strong heartbeat and view of the baby! :baby:

Cutie- that's great you are feeling less tired! :)

Afm: just found out today that we will be able to buy DHs parents house sooner than we thought! We were waiting to find our when his aunt would move out of their second home so they could move in to that and we could move in to their first house. (does that make sense?!) last we knew, all this wouldn't be happening until January but now it looks like we can buy the house in August!! They are giving us a good deal on it. That would be great timing before I'm too big and we have enough time to set up the nursery! I'm so happy the timing is gonna work out.

Twinsie, congrats on the house! Looks like it's all coming together in time for the baby :happydance:

cutie, will you be getting a scan done at tomorrow's appointment? The baby must have changed so much.

Well, I did my first lot of blood tests this morning. hcG is 25507 mIU/mL and progesterone 3270 ng/dL (so I suppose 32.7 ng/mL?). I’ve just read that you’re not supposed to eat before the progesterone test, duh! Going back for repeat tests in 2 days. There was a baby getting bloods drawn at the lab, it was heartbreaking to hear her sobs. I heard her mom telling the receptionist that it’s her first birthday today, poor little lamb, I hope she’s OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->