32 and TTC #1

Hi ladies! I wish I found this thread earlier!!! Been dying to connect with some ladies in the same age group TTC#1!

This feels like a lucky thread so I would love to join!

I'm 32, OH is 38 and we have been TTC#1 for 9 months now. Though it's probably more like 7 as a couple months the timing would have never worked out.

I used to temp but decided last cycle to take a break from it as it was just causing me so much stress. I would over analyze every temp. I used OPK's this cycle and had a positive on CD12, so FF is saying I ovulated CD13 (my usual O day from when I was temping). Though I already think I'm out this cycle because our last BD was Friday morning, so about 3 days before O. I'm still a bit hopeful.

Congats to those who recently got there BFP!! H&H 9 months to you!!

I'm 3DPO today, so won't be testing for a while (AF due 8/4) and yes, I will be Googling EVERYTHING (work is soooo boring right now).

Hi ladies! I wish I found this thread earlier!!! Been dying to connect with some ladies in the same age group TTC#1!

This feels like a lucky thread so I would love to join!

I'm 32, OH is 38 and we have been TTC#1 for 9 months now. Though it's probably more like 7 as a couple months the timing would have never worked out.

I used to temp but decided last cycle to take a break from it as it was just causing me so much stress. I would over analyze every temp. I used OPK's this cycle and had a positive on CD12, so FF is saying I ovulated CD13 (my usual O day from when I was temping). Though I already think I'm out this cycle because our last BD was Friday morning, so about 3 days before O. I'm still a bit hopeful.

Congats to those who recently got there BFP!! H&H 9 months to you!!

I'm 3DPO today, so won't be testing for a while (AF due 8/4) and yes, I will be Googling EVERYTHING (work is soooo boring right now).

Welcome! :)

Welcome bubbles, littlelilly & beachy. This thread has definitely been lucky the last few days so let's hope some of that luck rubs off on us! Beachy, I see your from he OC. I'm right next door in the City of Corona! :)

For those of you who track your BBT, what are your avg temps during pre-O? My temps usually range from 96.6 - 97.2 and I'm afraid that's really low! I always see a temp rise after O to the high 97s and occasionally above 98 but I'm worried my temps might be too low to sustain a pregnancy. I temp orally and I think I mouth breathe sometimes so not sure if that is causing my lower temps. Just curious what the norm is.

Thanks everyone!!

littleliy: I was on the BCP for many years. My last pack was in April. I finished that pack and had my first period off the pill start on May 2nd. This current cycle was my third one TTC. It honestly happened sooner than I expected.

Joy: here's a link to my FF chart so you can compare temps. https://fertilityfriend.com/home/50f80b

Welcome to the newbies! Lots of fx and baby dust to everyone :)

Joy that sounds about right for me. I start in the 96 range and it goes up to the occasional 98 after O. I've even had the a/c on this cycle abs they're still consistently high.
Fx'd for you!

Anyone had their doc give them age pressure? The last I went, she said hmm with you turning 34, we can fast track you to a fertility clinic. That kind of stung a bit.

@JoyofMyLife we are close! I'm in Seal Beach!

When I was temping My pre-O temps were in the mid 97- high 97's. After O they would be in the low 98's....it's really hard to say though because I think I am a mouth breather...so they were always so up and down.

Have you ever thought about temping vaginally? I'm a little iffy about that...but thinking about going that route next cycle (if I don't get a BFP this time around)

@cutieq I'm sorry your Doc said that :( I wouldn't take it too personal! They were probably just trying to help!

Congrats enigma and sekhmet! How exciting!

Joy - can't believe your dad is also a twin! We are both totally gonna have twins and it will be like winning the lottery!! Haha. Re: temps...I just started temping this month and they have typically been around 97.0. I got a couple that were 97.5 but both nights I didn't sleep well so I think that is why they jumped.

I should be ovulating any minute now! Haha. I've been using the digital clear blue easy OPK...anyone else? Basically, it shows a blinking smiley when the LH and estrogen start rising, and then a solid smiley wen it is at it's peak (and stays on the stick for 48 hours. U r supposed to be BD any smiley day. I have had 3 days of blinking smileys which is weird cause I think it's only supposed to be for 2 days. Any one else experience this? How about spotting during ovulation?

Welcome to all the new ladies!

Mama bear, I've used the digital. I can't remember exactly how many days but I had several days of flashing before my solid. Definitely more than 2. Hang in there. I squealed when I saw the solid.

Mama bear, I've used the digital. I can't remember exactly how many days but I had several days of flashing before my solid. Definitely more than 2. Hang in there. I squealed when I saw the solid.

Hahaha, I know what you mean! I just started using it last month and I got all excited about the smiley face!! It's just so nice to find something positive on a test after all the BFNs. It's like a reward for peeing in a cup everyday! Hahaha. :haha:

How about spotting during ovulation?

I had spotting during O for the first time this cycle. Though I just stopped BCP in April so it may have been the first cycle I actually O'd. Good luck!

Hi ladies. I will make you all feel better . I am 35 and my husband 44 :)
We are on cycle 5 for TTC #1. I also heard mixed reviews regarding bdding, but as they say it only takes 1 to make it work ,even with an every day schedule he will still have more than enough to do the job despite age. We actually have a heavy bdding schedule for my 2 week fertile window. Sometimes with every day close to O. I tried temping and have zero luck and have regular periods. So my suspicion is I do ovulate, but still nervous since I never have been pregnant. We had plans of going to the doctor but my hubby changed jobs and we dont have insurance for 6 months. So we will have to wait and see. I have been alternating pre seed and conceive plus and am on a cocktail of supplements. Omega, B12, vitamin D, COQ10, prenatals, and guafenesin. My sleeping pills (diphenhydramine) create hostile or lack of cm so I use the cough syrup to help and lube. Wishing you all luck and look forward to this journey with you :)

welcome jbubbles!

Congrats enigma and sekhmet! How exciting!

Joy - can't believe your dad is also a twin! We are both totally gonna have twins and it will be like winning the lottery!! Haha. Re: temps...I just started temping this month and they have typically been around 97.0. I got a couple that were 97.5 but both nights I didn't sleep well so I think that is why they jumped.

I should be ovulating any minute now! Haha. I've been using the digital clear blue easy OPK...anyone else? Basically, it shows a blinking smiley when the LH and estrogen start rising, and then a solid smiley wen it is at it's peak (and stays on the stick for 48 hours. U r supposed to be BD any smiley day. I have had 3 days of blinking smileys which is weird cause I think it's only supposed to be for 2 days. Any one else experience this? How about spotting during ovulation?

Welcome to all the new ladies!

i don't have any experience yet with the clearblue digital opks. i should be getting them in the mail today :happydance: i ordered them for this cycle; i really don't like the internet cheapies i got! i can't wait to start using them. i think i am going to jump up and down when i start seeing smileys :haha:

Hahaha, I know what you mean! I just started using it last month and I got all excited about the smiley face!! It's just so nice to find something positive on a test after all the BFNs. It's like a reward for peeing in a cup everyday! Hahaha. :haha:

yes, it will be so nice to see something positive in contrast to the BFNs!

Another blinking smiley this morning (that makes 4 days in a row)! Can I just O already?!?!

Thanks ladies for posting info about your bbt. I feel a little better that I'm not the only one with temps in the 96s. I thought that was really low but I guess it's more normal than I thought.

Beachy - I've thought about temping vaginally but I can't bring myself to do it yet. I'm getting a new thermometer today so I might try one more month of oral temps (if I don't get a bfp) and then maybe I'll reconsider.

Yay for Clear Blue smiley faces! I'm on CD 17 and I think I Od on Tuesday but my temps haven't gone high enough to confirm. I'm anxious to be in the TWW already!

So, I bought a FRER last night and took it this morning. BFN. I had cramping in my left side yesterday and my cm is stretchy today (has been creamy for the past week). I'm SO CONFUSED!! No sign of AF so I guess I'll just keep waiting.

Another blinking smiley this morning (that makes 4 days in a row)! Can I just O already?!?!

MamaBear, oh gosh that must be so frustrating. O is coming though!

So, I bought a FRER last night and took it this morning. BFN. I had cramping in my left side yesterday and my cm is stretchy today (has been creamy for the past week). I'm SO CONFUSED!! No sign of AF so I guess I'll just keep waiting.

What cycle day are you on? Are you charting?

Hi ladies, room for one more? I'm 33 as is DH (we're actually 8 days apart, which is pretty fun!), and we just starting TTC #1. I just came of BCP last month and had my AF (or I guess what is really considered withdrawal bleeding? I'd never even heard that term before my recent internet obsession with anything and everything concerning conceiving!) start on June 29th. Based on that, today is CD26 for me. I haven't done any sort of charting yet as I'm still really new to this and honestly didn't even really know that most of that stuff existed. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD14 as I felt what I think were ovulation pains on that day. This last Sunday and Monday (CD22 and 23) I started having some cramping and was hoping it was implantation cramping. Monday evening I had some very light spotting so that made me even more hopeful. Tuesday was nothing. Then starting yesterday (CD25) the spotting started again, and has been there off and on ever since! I'm pretty sure this makes me out for this month, as I doubt I would spot for so long with implantation bleeding. I'm guessing it's just the precursor to AF coming, or I'm just having a very early, extremely weird AF that would have started on CD23 and only 9 day after O (if that was even when I ovulated). Last night I was so tired that I went to bed for the night around 8pm. So basically, I'm looking for signs everywhere and at this point I think I'm just getting my hopes up for nothing. I know it's only our first cycle trying so it's really not that big of a deal. I just wish I would stop driving myself crazy scrutinizing every little thing! Oh, and I did test early on what I think is 10 DPO which was of course a BFN. I'm going to test again on Saturday (14 DPO) and if still BFN then I'll just hope AF comes soon so I can start this all over again. I really wish now I had waited at least one cycle after coming off BCP so I could see what my cycles are even like and what my body is doing! Sorry for the long post, it's great to find others in the same age range trying for #1 as well to talk to. I also feel pretty old, as most of my friends have already had all of their kids by now and are moving back into the "more freedom" stage of life as their kids are now getting older. Nice to meet you all, and thanks for having me! And congrats to those of you that recently tested BFP! So excited for you!

What cycle day are you on? Are you charting?

I'm on CD32. I just came off BCP in April so I don't know what what my "normal" cycle length is (last cycle was 53 days). I've only been monitoring cm this cycle as all of this charting is still very new to me. I had my peak cm day on the 11th (CD19) so I'm guessing I am 12-13 DPO assuming I O'd (I had spotting CD16-18 also which is new). If this isn't our month, I'm planning on getting some OPKs for next cycle. Just playing the (frustrating) waiting game.

Welcome tutrtle! Fx that your spotting is implantation bleeding and you'll get your BFP this month!

For me I started spotting before AF my first cycle off the pill and unfortunately I've had it every cycle since. I've been taking vitamins the last few months and the spotting has improved but it's still very annoying.

Welcome tutrtle! Fx that your spotting is implantation bleeding and you'll get your BFP this month!

For me I started spotting before AF my first cycle off the pill and unfortunately I've had it every cycle since. I've been taking vitamins the last few months and the spotting has improved but it's still very annoying.

Thank you! I'm sorry that you've been spotting every month since coming off the pill, that really does suck. :( About how many days before your AF comes do you usually start spotting? And (sorry if this is too personal) what color is your spotting usually? This has mostly been brown with a little bit of light pink (again, sorry if TMI!) I of course would love for this to be implantation bleeding but I'm guessing since it's been going on this long that it's most likely not. This whole process is really very consuming and confusing at times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->