33 yrs young ttc#1...need buddies:)

I am 33 years old and TTC baby # 1. We have been trying since December.

I am also 33 years old and trying for baby #1 since December. I didn't realize pregnancy is more complicated than I thought!

Hi MLZ - certainly for a lot of ladies it can be pretty complicated but you haven't been trying that long, so hopefully you won't be one of the ones for whom it's difficult. Good luck!

Hi MLZ!

Don't worry yet. Just relax and enjoy trying for now. No need to worry until you have been trying for about 8mo to a year with no progress.

Squig, any news? Did they learn any answers from tests?

I have first transfer of "good" tested egg on June 5. Cautiously hopeful.

Congratulations!
Hoping and praying for the best outcome this time!!!!
My computer was broken, I was out of this site for 5 months.
I miss u all!

Dovkav, I was thinking of you yesterday - did you have a boy or a girl? How are you & baby doing?

Panda, good luck for Friday!

I FINALLY have my review on Friday to see if there are any answers for what happened with Adam. It's quite ridiculous that it's taken so long.

I have a boy we named him Bronsen. He was born on the 6th of January, 4.5kg, 57cm in the birth center as planned. I was transfered to a hospital/upstairs) for one night cos I lost lots of blood.
We are 5 months today and he loves my milk and he has 2 teeth.

Squig, I AM SO SORRY for your loss. I coudnt sleep at night when I found out. I AM SENDING YOU LOTS OF LOVE.

Glad to hear you are both doing well Dovkav :) Congratulations!

Yes it has been very hard, but you just have to try to keep going. Although yesterday's review was disappointing - my placenta didn't develop normally so Adam died due to lack of nourishment & oxygen caused by placental insufficiency. However, they don't know WHY my placenta was abnormal so we've been advised not to try for another baby while they try to find answers so that hopefully they can do something to prevent this happening again. We might have to go to England to see someone. All the waiting is very difficult.

Panda, how did you get on yesterday? I was thinking of you! Keeping my fingers crossed for success!

Squig, I HOPE you will get your answers in ENGLAND. CAN medications blood thinner couse the placenta problems MY girlfriend was on meds and had the same problem.

panda, any news. thinking of you

Hi Squig and Dov!

Congrats, Dov! That is so wonderful! Very happy for you :happy dance:

Squig. I'm so sorry you are going through this. That is very hard news especially when you have to wait for more answers. I hope that them asking to do more tests and such means they may be able to find a solution so you don't have to go through that again.

I had my transfer June 5 at CCRM as planned. We transferred just one. BFP! Just had my first beta yesterday and it was 120. I am nervous since I lost my first IVF angel right after the first beta. This is the first time since then I had implantation at all though so a good sign to start. Supposedly with the Essure surgery and the CCS testing we should be fine, but this part is still very nerve-wracking. I have my 2nd beta tomorrow and I'm praying that it doubles nicely and we can continue our journey.

Being as calm as possible, but so nice to hear from you both. I'll be thinking of you Squig. Let us know what they say.

Aw congratulations Panda! That's lovely news. Hope your second beta is still excellent :)

Yes I'll update if/when I get any more info.

Aw congratulations Panda! That's lovely news. Hope your second beta is still excellent :)

Yes I'll update if/when I get any more info.

Thanks, Squig! My 2nd beta was 267 so we are doing okay so far! This is already better than the first IVF so hoping the Essure worked to prevent hydrosalpinx problems again. It seems like it's working.[-o<

I am pretty relaxed, but it feels weird since now that my body has adjusted to all the IVF hormones, my symptoms are very subtle so it's hard to understand that this might be for real!

My first ultrasound is July 2. I'm sure I'll be bouncing off the walls with nerves when it gets closer, but okay so far.

Yep definitely a good number! Roll on 2nd July then :)

Congratulations panda!
What a news! I got chills! So happy for you!
The best news in a week.... In a month!
Stay away from baths and sex

Thanks, Squig! Thanks, dov!

Yes, CCRM doc is very restrictive. No sex, no baths, no exercise, no lifting over 10lb until after the first ultrasound shows things implanted okay.

less than one week now until the ultrasound.

I still have trouble believing it's all okay. I know you gals can understand that when you've been through this much it hardly seems like you can relax and enjoy. Trying to, though :flower:

Heartbeat heard yesterday at 6.5 weeks so feeling a little more confident. I go back in 2 weeks and then I think that would be my last appt with RE before graduating to Obgyn. Still can't believe this is happening.

Squig, any new info from doctor?

Exciting, Panda!

I only FINALLY heard from my consultant today (4 weeks after my review appt) that a doctor in Manchester has offered to see me. So i'll do that but trying to get any useful information such as length of time to get an appointment etc has not been possible. To be honest I'm getting pretty fed up with the lack of urgency. It's been over 4 months since I lost my son & I still don't have a treatment plan for going forward.

Oh Squig, I'm sorry. That's a long time to be in limbo.

I am glad that a doctor wants to see you. I hope that means he has some ideas/answers and I hope they get you an appt soon. It's definitely easier when you have a next step to look forward to.

I'm glad you are still looking forward, though. You have been through a lot. It seems like you are a very strong person. Keep fighting for answers and help because you are definitely going to get there.

Finally making it to an ultrasound has made me realize something that I knew in theory but finally understand: It's never really over is it? Once we have a baby it'll be new things to worry about. Going through this has just made us better equipt to deal with whatever comes in life because every win has been hard won and nothing taken for granted.

Looking forward to hearing what plan the Manchester doctor has.

14 weeks Panda! 2nd tri! :) how have you been?

I had my appointment with the consultant in Manchester on Wednesday past. I'm going to be treated for a blood clotting issue - although my tests have been normal, my history & the pathology of the placenta from my son point to this. So it's 5mg folic acid daily (which I'm on anyway), start taking 150mg aspirin daily between 8-10 weeks, & 40mg clexane daily once uterine pregnancy confirmed by early scan at 6 weeks. Aspirin & Clexane for the whole pregnancy. I'll probably take progesterone til 13 weeks too. I'm glad to have a plan & feeling pretty positive about our chances for the future - now I just have to get pregnant again!

Hi Squig,

I am well. I'm so excited to be in the 2nd trimester and while I still sometimes feel like it can't be true or something might be wrong (especially because I'm not showing much yet), I am A LOT more calm than I was before our 12.5 week checkup. I'm started to let myself plan the nursery and think about names. So far our NT scan and DNA tests were good. We still have one more blood test to check for issues and then Sept 24 is our anatomy scan at around 18 weeks so that will be a big milestone because all the big tests will be done.

I am soooo happy for you that they came up with a plan and it sounds like a good doctor that really thought things out and looked at all the information. With that kind of attention, it's very likely they found the right treatment and I'm glad they took the time to really look at your case and give you help. It's so nice to find a doctor that gives you hope! I know what that was like. My doc at CCRM was so much more attentive than the previous RE. I hope you find yourself pregnant very soon! Lots of baby dust to you!

I was just visiting with a cousin I don't see often and I had been unaware of her fertility issues especially because she has 3 kids now!! But she also had multiple losses and then found the right treatment and went on to have all healthy pregnancies afterward. I thought of you and was hoping you would find the same answer. This is great news!

Let me know when you get your BFP! I'm so excited for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->