34w4d on Labor Watch!

~Brandy~

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I wont post the huge long story kinda want to spare all those that read the 3rd tri forum.

Anyway I am now just sitting home waiting for labor to start after coming home from the hospital.. I had my cerclage removed in an emergency surgery situation as well as a bladder scope. I have kidney stones that we cant deal with until after the babies are here.

I just had steroids on 34w0d and 34w1d.. so they should be in effect by now. I have contractions that are currently about 10 minutes apart but they are not strong or lasting more than about 40-50 seconds. I am only 1 CM dilated, 30% effaced, and baby A is head down 3/5ths engaged. They estimate the babies to be right under or right over 5lbs with the last ultrasound 2/4/14. My MFM u/s tech gives us a range since they know that scans arent 100% accurate. If I make it to Tuesday 2/25 they are doing another anatomy scan.

Both twins are currently head down so I am waiting to rush to the hospital when contractions are closer together or water breaks.

Thats my update! Any words of wisdom from a twin mom that had to deliver around 34.5-35W?

I haven't had twins at that gestation but I had my first at 35 weeks. She was healthy for her gestation and spent two weeks in hospital. I had to have my first cerclage removed at 35 weeks due an emergency. I had contractions every 10 minutes, but they actually stopped and I gave birth at 36w5d.

I know it's difficult to stay or be relaxed, but you will be okay, and the babes will be too. Update when you can.

Thanks. No contractions now... But i all the sudden started swelling so bad that I can't even bend my legs or walk! The doctor ruled out pre e but have never seen so much swelling.

Good luck Brandy, you've done well to hang on this far. My midwife always said to me that once you hit 32 weeks, babies dramatically mature so you will all be fine I'm sure. Look forward to hearing your birth announcement very soon!

Eek!! Brandy! How exciting and a bit scary I'm sure! Good luck and keep us posted.

Isn't it crazy that you are finally here?! Do they think it will happen anytime because of the cerclage removal? I will labor watch with you. I was 1 centimeter and 50% effaced at my last appointment. I have regular, 3 minutes apart, contractions at my NST yesterday but they were not painful...couldn't even feel most of them. I am having more tightenings that are uncomfortable but nothing I cant handle. Speaking of swelling, my right foot has swelled and my hands are so swollen in the morning I cannot bend them. I am actually hoping to go into labor earlier than my 38 week induction because I am having trouble breathing which is really scary. I even dragged my husband to this restaurant close by where they have a special salad that is supposed to bring on labor for women. If you are curious, the link is below. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked yet. Keep us posted on any new signs that something might be happening. Exciting times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNxQcLyXjQ

My waters went at 35+3. I kind of messed about getting to the hospital and about an hr and a half after they went I was convinced I was going to deliver in the car. I had a emcs as my didn't progress with my eldest but the contraction were about 1-2 mins apart very quickly after the waters went. Good luck it's suck an exciting time!

I know it's best for them to stay put for as long as they can but it's to the point its ruining my emotional and physical state... which I am sure isnt helping with my health.

I really kinda wish they wouldnt have stopped it long enough to get get the surgery done that they did because I am soooo ready now!

The steroids should be in effect for their lungs and the swelling has me so scared that something major is wrong with me they arent catching. I love my doctor and he has been great but I keep mentioning the swelling the last couple days and he ran tests but other than that he brushes me off if its about that.

I have gained 23lbs of water in the last 4 days... it's all water I know because I have been in bed and havent eaten more than 2 meals a day and they are tiny as well as just trying to take in tons of water hoping that would flush this out of me! The swelling is not relieved from laying down with them elevated.. I am in bed 99 % of the time even though he said I didn't need to be since I cant walk! When I get up it gets worse. It's to the point that I cant bed my legs to get in and out of bed husband has to help me.

Oh and btw I hadnt even gained 23lbs the entire pregnancy till this week!

I cant believe you have swelled up so much!!! Sounds painful. I hope that is a sign that labor is around the corner for you!

Well, I am omw out the door to have Eggplant Parmigiana I dont believe the myth but I am willing to try anything to avoid an EMCS right now that isnt harmful to the baby.

Also on the way home DH is stopping at the healthfood store to grab some

- Raspberry Leaf Tea

-EPO

-Dates

No flipping way I am DTD I can barely move LOL

I wont touch castor oil though for sure.

Oh and he is making me DANDAN noodles for dinner <3 he is the best cook in the world... super spicy too

I need to do some research on epo and raspberry tea leave. I walked a little last night which I think lead to some false labor from 2:30 am until 6. Contractions every three minutes and uncomfortable enough to keep me awake. I called labor and delivery and they suggested I call my doc and come in but I wanted to wait to make sure it was the real thing before I bothered everyone in the middle of the night. Sure enough it wasnt and I finally fell asleep at 6. Urgh. What a tease!

Good luck hun!

I did castor oil with dd (didnt actually find out it was dangerous until after I had done it!!) And I definitely wouldn't recommend! It made me so ill and did absolutely nothing!

Hope the little ladies dont keep you waiting long and hoping the swelling goes down :hugs:

Thanks everyone... Ideally if I could get the swelling to go down I would be a happy lil clam and deal with all the other ill side effects. The swelling is very very scary.

Dr is sending me back to L&D for evaluation... This is my 4th trip in less than 2 months with 3 hospital stays uggh.

Admitted to the hospital after blood work. My liver levels are elevated so they want to watch them.. I have a feeling they are trying to drag me to 36w

I've got everything crossed for you Brandy!! My liver enzymes were totally off the day before I delivered due to my preeclampsia. I have the feeling your little ladies could come soon! <3 :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->