35 and over and ltttc for baby #2 for over 2.5yrs!

Thanks ladies. After speaking with the clinic yesterday, and the blood test just to confirm.
I can't do a FET this cycle anyway I need to wait for my next natural period. Which will give me some thinking time and yes I'm sure the answer will be clear by then.

I also ended up having a session with the councillor. Who sort of made me realise that the reasons I want another child are still there. I'm certainly not ready to start selling my baby things or say goodbye to the 5 frosties. She did point out the gap will get smaller the old they become, ie 17 & 23 isn't really that huge - does that make sense? Lots of things to think about, but I need to accept I'm never really going to have 2 children who are at the same stage.
DH has ruled out the adoption route.

Oh tommyg I am so sorry to here it didn't go as hoped this time and that the session with the counsellor was good. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, whatever route you choose.

Well I am sitting in the hospital just now with my daughter. She has had flu like symptoms since Thursday and got worse yesterday so I took her to doc and she needed fluids as she was getting dehydrated. She's perked up a little bit her temp still went high through the night. Poor baby.

Hi Victoria, how's your DS daughter doing now?

better today thanks but hubby still not showing me affection so I'm just resting up as worked my ass off last night clearing daughters old toys ect out the spare room as tomorrow I'm starting her birthday cake for sunday

I'm continuing to diet but it slow so just keep trying in the meantime and pray it works

Hi Victoria, how's your DS daughter doing now?

We are still in the hospital with her. They were going to let us home, said it was our choice. DH said yes to going home, I said no, I wasn't comfortable yet as I felt we were struggling to keep her fever down. After a while and a temp check showing her temp going up even after medicine, we were told to stay . So glad, her temperature then went up further before a doc gave her a bit more meds and we stripped her down to cool her off. I went to grab something to eat and came back to her getting cleaned off by DH after she was sick everywhere. Such a worry but they say it's just a virus!

Hope you are all fine xx

Oh Victoria, so sorry to hear DD is so unwell. Poor thing. I would have insisted on staying in the hospital too. Is DD is relatively good spirits despite vomiting and fever? Are you staying with her?

tommy I wouldn't give up on your dream yet it can still happen I know I will never stop wanting a second baby to love no matter what

Victoria sorry to hear your DD poorly nothing worse then seeing your baby sick and cant make her feel better but at least your in the right place to help her recover and I'm glad you did stay considering she threw up and got worse hope she starts to get better soon

I'm in my fertile period and been testing again this cycle and been telling hubby its time and he making an effort again now thankfully
have my DDs cakes to bake today and decorate tomorrow and fri for her birthday on sunday although tempted to wait till tomorrow but worried the icing wont be set on the decorations

Oh Victoria, so sorry to hear DD is so unwell. Poor thing. I would have insisted on staying in the hospital too. Is DD is relatively good spirits despite vomiting and fever? Are you staying with her?

Thanks ladies. She really wasn't in good spirits, she was so distant and just didn't want to do anything coz she felt so rotten. We finally got out on Thursday evening after seeing a big improvement in her. She has ITP (low platelets) so we need to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't have a huge knock or anything and she will have a follow up this week to check her levels again. Such a worry.

Luckily she seems a lot better now and is back to playing and laughing!! Worst few days ever but the hospital were very good.

I will have a proper catch up this evening on how everyone is getting on.

Xx

Glad your LO is doing better now! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Nothing much going on with me. I bought some opks to try this month and I got a positive one, right as I was hit with super ov cramps and ewcm. If I'm not actually ovulating, my body is just evil.

Hi ladies. Hope you're all well. It's been very quiet on here. Just to update we went to our adoption info evening this week and both came away feeling very positive. Really looking forward to starting the journey.*

Picked up the registration of interest forme, and the next step is to fill that in and attend a 3 day training course. Unfortunately they only run the courses at set times in the year and we are on holiday for both the April AND July courses. So it looks like we won't be able to go on the course until September. ( we are in Wales in April so are potentially considering driving back from Wales to the Midlands for the day of the course but not decided yet)*

So it's all good...but just lots more waiting. I'm getting very good at waiting!

How is everyone else getting on?

Hello Bex
It has been quiet on here. But good to hear something positive is happening. Is there anyway you could change your holiday for the course?
Personally I would try, am I reading it right you mean cut your holiday short by a day, or is it 3 days over 3 weeks?
The adoption process is just so long winded that I wouldn't want it to be longer than necessary.
I know they guarantee a max time from "formal" application to approval. The formal application doesn't go in until after the course.

Afm I'm ok, trying to get my head round the idea DS will be my only. But waiting to have period to do FET, its my Las ditch attempt.

Our hol is Monday to Friday and the course is on a Tuesday ( and then the follow 2 tuesdays) were away with friends so can't really move it as needs to be in the easter school holidays. Then in July we away for a week in a big family villa with my parents and my 4 siblings (and others) if we weren't away with others both times then I would definitely look to move the hols. In fairness I still need to ring to see if there is even availability on the April course but if there is then we need to speak to our friends to see if hey would be happy looking after Elliot for a whole day(along with their 2) while we drive back to Warwick for the course.

So glad to hear you've decided to go ahead with FET. That's good news. When do you expect AF.

Def find out if you can get on the April course, I'm sure your friends will understand and be happy to watch Elliot.
In Scotland (I imagine England is similar) once you do the course you put in your formal application, the agencies / councils, have 7 mths from then to approve you. But even beyond approval it can take a while before you get a match.

Who knows when AF will turn up. In someone with regular cycles they expect it to be 2 weeks late after a failed IVF. However they have said if nothing by mid March to call and they will try to go from there.
Mean time we are considering a long weekend to ski. Can't afford to go abroad for a week this year but might as well get a long weekend in.

Well they do have space on the April course. So next step is to speak to friends to see their thoughts. The course is part of 'stage 1' of a 2 stage process . Stage 1 should take 2 months. Stage 2 is the home study and should be 4 months so 6 months in total to approval. If all goes well we *should* be approved by around elliot's birthday in October. Obviously then like you say it's a case of waiting for a match.....

Brilliant, hope your friends understand and are will to babysit.
Took my Bil 6mths to get on the course, then 6 mths to get approved. 13 mths on they are still waiting for a match.

Bex that's so great things are getting started in the adoption process! I'm so excited for you :) :happydance: I'm sure your friends will be more than happy to look after Elliot for the day. Are you telling them what it's for? Regardless when you have children already 1 more to look after doesn't make that much difference!! Yay - here's hoping you can do the April course and really get the process started.

Tommy - I hope AF shows up sooner rather than later so you can get started with the FET. I'm crossing my fingers so tightly and really really hoping this is it for you! I know it's super hard after all that you have been through but try to stay positive that this time is going to be it! Sending big hugs :hugs:

Hello to everyone else - I hope you are all ok.

Not much to report here - 33 weeks so just over 6 to go until my section. I'm STILL sick but that's old news. I've accepted I'm going to be sick until the end. I have my usual Dr's appt tomorrow which I'm happy about as I have been having some horrendous "episodes" of what I am assuming is severe indigestion but the pain is so horrendous it's like full on labour pain (its not contraction but the pain is equal to labour pains). I throw up, start sweating and then after about 15 mins or so it passes... It's awful. Anyway like I said only 6 more weeks to go!

Hugs to everyone :) :hugs:

Orchard 6 weeks is nothing. I think boy, but then you weren't sick with DS were you? Are you ready for it's arrival?

No I was super sick with DS but it stopped at 20 weeks and I was able to come off the meds at 13.... This time I am still on the meds and still being sick on and off but mainly just super nauseous.... If I miss a tablet I throw up instantly :( We're semi ready!! I had a panic a couple of weeks ago so all of the baby clothes are washed and ready to go but that is about it! My goal is to get the baby room finished next week as we have family staying this weekend so will get on with it all after they have left! I was definitely a lot more organised with DS than I am with this one!!!

Yes but with DS you weren't so sick and didn't have another child to look after.

Are any family going to be with you after the baby is born? Am I right in thinking that you are a few hours from DH family?

My mum is flying out for a month - arriving 2 weeks before my due date so that will be great. Then once she leaves I think my MIL is arriving to help out.... Just since I can't drive for the first 4 weeks... All family is now quite a distance away unfortunately :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->