35 and over and ltttc for baby #2 for over 2.5yrs!

Hi ladies

It's finally the weekend! Just spent the last few mins reading through the posts.

Tommy- sorry didn't realise you started I've. Best of luck during the tww! Are you doing anything "special" that may help implantation? I'm not too familiar with the whole I've process but hope it all went well.

Scollings- sorry about at showing up. It's tough but hopefully it's your time soon. Good luck with your weight loss plan.

Braven- great news about shortening your cycle!

Victoria- good luck with results for Mri. I'm such an impatient person, I have waiting. Hope your appointment comes quickly.

Srbjbex- hope everything goes well at the adoption session in Feb!

As for me, I'm booked in to see a consultant at a clinic in London in just over a week. Hopefully they can help me.

Vic have you got your mri results yet?

How is everyone else?

I'm having worries over a 5 year age gap. It seems such a long time. And they will never really be at the same stage. Iykwim.

Lovely to see this thread so active again!! :) Although honestly I wish it wasn't as everyone had their BFPs! Still it's good to hear from everyone and get the support etc.

Tommy don't worry - easier said than done. There is going to be 6 years between my DS and the baby... It's not ideal and definitely not what I wanted and there will be challenges and things that make me sad with such an age gap but at the same time there are lots of positives as well. DS is SO excited about the baby and can't wait to help out which is really lovely. It'll be ok... Are you going to test soon?? ;) xxx

Scollins
Can the doc give something to help the thyroid, fixing that might help weight.

Are you having a cycle every month?
Can thryoid not interfere with ovulation?

I am already on 50mg levothyroxine it may need upping so will be going to get it checked soon
when I got checked with a scan and bloods that I seem to be ovulating normally as af is regular ect and with having 3 miscarriages last year which they also just pin it on my weight

thyroidism effects everything to ovulation and weight ect tons too many to list I'm under active there is over active too

ive been avoiding laptop as much as possible and keeping busy as got daughters birthday soon plus I forgot to tick to email me for replies doh!

af gone now so going to keep eating better and exercising and then do o sticks again and conceive plus then cross my fingers

any news on your embies?

Scollins
Can the doc give something to help the thyroid, fixing that might help weight.

Are you having a cycle every month?
Can thryoid not interfere with ovulation?

I am already on 50mg levothyroxine it may need upping so will be going to get it checked soon
when I got checked with a scan and bloods that I seem to be ovulating normally as af is regular ect and with having 3 miscarriages last year which they also just pin it on my weight

thyroidism effects everything to ovulation and weight ect tons too many to list I'm under active there is over active too

ive been avoiding laptop as much as possible and keeping busy as got daughters birthday soon plus I forgot to tick to email me for replies doh!

af gone now so going to keep eating better and exercising and then do o sticks again and conceive plus then cross my fingers

any news on your embies?

SCollins 3 MC is heartbreaking. I am inclined to think if they get your thyroid balanced out things will happen for you.

No real news from me at the moment. Bloods on Monday. I'm not feeling overly hopeful at the moment. I had a few days of cramps and sharp pains which I though might have been implantation but I think it might just have been my ovaries settling down. Blood test on Monday. Planning a holiday it is becoming a good mind divert.

ooo Yes planning a holiday is a great diversion. where are you planning? We quite fancy somewhere in Scandinavia this year - maybe Copenhagen? Denmark is meant to be super child friendly and we could include a trip to Danish LEGOLAND too.

Don't worry about age gap - all gaps have their pros and cons, and a close age gap s no guarantee of a close relationship. I keep reminding myself, no matter what we end up with, DS doesn't know any different :)

Bex Denmark sounds lovely the only Scandinavian country I've visited is Iceland tbh I didn't realise it was classed as part of Scandinavia until I was there. But it was beautiful and the people lovely.

We have booked flights to California, this is our last chance for a off-peak holiday so making the most of it. Still trying to work out the rest of it!

That is true kids aren't going to know any difference I guess any age gap is better than no age gap at this stage

Hi ladies.

Holidays sound great. We went to Florida and LA in Feb 2015 (and got married when we were out there). With the cost I can't see us going anywhere again this year. Maybe a road trip somewhere for a few days.

I still haven't heard anything since my MRI. I had hoped I would have had an appointment in by now but no luck. Hopefully soon.

I've been trying to lose weight too and I have been sooooo good but the weight is coming off so slowly :(

we cant afford holidays abroad and got too many pets to worry about anyway lol we stick with going south of England to see my inlaws and we go caravanning it as couldn't stay with mother in law the whole time yikes no lol
we go 2-3 times a year but only started going just over a year ago as before then couldn't afford even that plus inlaws came up to visit but too old to travel that far now

hows everyone doing?

Victoria I know weight loss could go a bit quicker couldn't it and those get thin quick diets are useless as you don't keep it off so I'm on the slow road too
pm me if u ever want a weightloss buddy?

ive decided that if I clear out daughters old toys and other random stuff ive stuck in spare room and decorate it up nicely -bit like a nursery then I will be set in my head and more relaxed to have a room ready and then hopefully baby will come
well that's the idea don't know if it will work but worth a shot so I been digging in spare room all day while DD at school and now it needs painting and carpeting :)

Hello ladies. Don't you just hate it when it seems like everywhere you look there's a pregnant woman? Happy for these ladies of course but for myself I think "why not me??"

Hello ladies. Don't you just hate it when it seems like everywhere you look there's a pregnant woman? Happy for these ladies of course but for myself I think "why not me??"

Amen!!! At my work, it's almost like God is mocking me! I know that's not the way I should look at it, but it seems like every week, literally, I hear about someone or their wife is expecting. I'm a teacher, which I know we have more women than men, but come on!! In my hallway, one teacher's wife is due to give birth any day now (I helped with his baby shower which added some heartache) and I just found out another guy's wife is having another baby (she just had one last year and has another one). Plus, as we were decorating for the shower, a lady told us that we are going to have to decorate for her in May because she's expecting!!! I can think of two other people expecting, as well. Baby boom at my school, except for me. Sigh...

Thank goodness it's the weekend!

There is no point in getting upset about other peoples pregnancies.

That is the biggest lesson that I've learned over the last year. You don't know other peoples stories. MK8 when you joined a year ago when your baby was less than a year I found that to be incredibly painful. I and many of the others who were about at the time been trying since before you fell pregnant with your baby. Yes I was jealous!

4 years of TTC, 3 years of being in the NHS system, and a few months private takes its toll.

My ivf has failed. The witch has got me I'm having doubts if I really should still be trying for another baby at 41. Is it just not meant to happen?
Maybe the right path would be to look again at adoption. I know that is not an easy path either or do we accept that our first is an only child.

I've never considered him an only child he was always meant to be our first and a big brother one day.

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

so annoyed with hubby right now as he hasn't been showing me any love other then the odd cuddle and today has been saying you need to lose weight cos drs have told you to and I think u got bigger
tells me I need to go to drs and think about a gastric band even tho I don't want any more surgery I have had enough of those

he needs to get his thyroid levels rechecked but refusing to go to drs for a simple blood test

I feel so depressed as it is being 7 years and having miscarriages but he knows ive done every diet going and now just trying to eat healthier and exercise ect but this is tipping over the edge I'm starting to hate him for being so cruel to me

and to say my weight is the reason we not pregnant when lately we hardly ever have sex is just rude

I'm fuming with him right now grrrrrr

There is no point in getting upset about other peoples pregnancies.

That is the biggest lesson that I've learned over the last year. You don't know other peoples stories. MK8 when you joined a year ago when your baby was less than a year I found that to be incredibly painful. I and many of the others who were about at the time been trying since before you fell pregnant with your baby. Yes I was jealous!

4 years of TTC, 3 years of being in the NHS system, and a few months private takes its toll.

My ivf has failed. The witch has got me I'm having doubts if I really should still be trying for another baby at 41. Is it just not meant to happen?
Maybe the right path would be to look again at adoption. I know that is not an easy path either or do we accept that our first is an only child.

I've never considered him an only child he was always meant to be our first and a big brother one day.

sorry your ivf has failed again don't give up on your dream ive heard of women in 60's having babies and 40 is the new 20 for being mummies :hugs:

Hugs Tommy. I'm so sorry that the ivf didn't work this time. I can't imagine how much of a letdown that must be. I'm so very sorry. Only you and your husband know what's best for your family. I don't think 41 is crazy, people do it all the time, but I know how you feel. I feel crazy for trying at 35 sometimes. Anyways, just wanted to say I'm sorry.

Oh Tommy, huge hugs to you. I'm so sorry to hear that the IVF failed. I'm so sorry. I know nothing we can say now will make you feel amy better but you are such a source of positivity on this thread and you bring so much to the group. Take some time, have some fun together as a family and the right answer will come for you ( same advice you have me before Christmas!;))

Big big hugs Tommy. Just give yourself some time and you will work out what is best for you but I still believe it will happen for you. Stay strong xxx

Sorry to hear IVF didn't work for you tommy. Good luck with whatever you decide next.

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

so annoyed with hubby right now as he hasn't been showing me any love other then the odd cuddle and today has been saying you need to lose weight cos drs have told you to and I think u got bigger
tells me I need to go to drs and think about a gastric band even tho I don't want any more surgery I have had enough of those

he needs to get his thyroid levels rechecked but refusing to go to drs for a simple blood test

I feel so depressed as it is being 7 years and having miscarriages but he knows ive done every diet going and now just trying to eat healthier and exercise ect but this is tipping over the edge I'm starting to hate him for being so cruel to me

and to say my weight is the reason we not pregnant when lately we hardly ever have sex is just rude

I'm fuming with him right now grrrrrr

Sorry to hear you're so down scollins. Ttc can be a rollercoaster. Hope you're a little calmer now. What's your plan of action on the ttc front?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->