35 and over and ltttc for baby #2 for over 2.5yrs!

Hey everyone...hope I can join. I am on CD1 and on cycle 19. I had a MC back in March, had a baby 2 years ago buy sadly she passed 5 Days...so I know I'm not infertile. We tried 5 cycles of IUI a d we are unexplained. I'm seeing a new RE in the 12th of Sept and hope for more answers. I'm doing acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. I hope it happens this year. I'm running out of ideas and its hard on me. I'm totally disinterested and distracted and I think slightly depressed.
This is hard stuff.

Hey everyone...hope I can join. I am on CD1 and on cycle 19. I had a MC back in March, had a baby 2 years ago buy sadly she passed 5 Days...so I know I'm not infertile. We tried 5 cycles of IUI a d we are unexplained. I'm seeing a new RE in the 12th of Sept and hope for more answers. I'm doing acupuncture and Chinese Medicine. I hope it happens this year. I'm running out of ideas and its hard on me. I'm totally disinterested and distracted and I think slightly depressed.
This is hard stuff.

Hi and welcome. So sorry for your losses. *hugs*

Thanks eyemom for that link!! I'm sure that's what he means when sounds a much better option that surgery!!

Hello Barbikins! :hi:

I'm so sorry for your losses and how you are feeling. I know how hard and difficult it is though (as I think every lady on this board does) so we are here to talk whenever you need. Fingers crossed you might get some answers with your new RE and that the acupuncture works. To be honest if there is no change in DH's SA I think we'll try acupuncture as I really believe in it. CD1 is always the worst and even if I know AF is coming I still get so cranky and fed up! Hugs to you :hugs:

:hugs:Welcome barbikins! Again so sorry for what you've been through, it sounds awful and all you need is your rainbow baby to help ease that pain in your heart! We are always here foryyou if you need to talk or rant or whatever!

Afm- cd 17 today and still no positive opk or temp rise I think ovulation is looming but just not yet! Kinda good really as it gives dh time to fully recover from his procedure although we bd on sat and he was fine! Every other day until positive tests atm. Going on hols today for 5 days just camping in Cornwall UK! So hoping that will help to relax us. We got really drunk sat night as it was dh's bday yesterday very rare occurance to drink like that I actually threw up and felt awful yesterday! Oh well probably hasn't done our chances much good but sod it you've got to live!

Oh lovely - camping will be great! We're going camping this weekend but just for 2 nights (and of course I predict AF to start on Friday or Sat at latest which isn't fun when camping!). I hope the weather is good for you and you can just chill out, relax and enjoy your time together. And as for the wine - yes you definitely have to live so I'm sure it's all fine and probably did you good to relax and have fun (although sucks how you felt the next day - nothing worse!!).

AFM - now 10dpo. Boobs still a bit tender this morning but not actually too bad...will see how it progresses over the day and following few days. I finally changed to using Fertility Friend for charting yesterday as getting so fed up with the one I have been using (Attain Fertility). Although I like the latter one (esp since I have been using it for over a year) I have been getting super frustrated as it keeps changing my coverline and ovulation day which I know was a week past Friday (Cycle Day 15) - even FF put that straight as O day! Anyway hoping this will be easier and not so frustrating!

Hugs to you all :hugs:

Ladies can I introduce myself?

We are both 38 and want baby before we are 40!
DS is 2.5 years, we conceived him after 5 months - a serious stroke of luck.
We have been trying for baby 2 for 18 mths, and had one chemical.
We have been through all the tests and currently on femara to regulate my cycles. Think I might have missed my window this month as we were both full of cold last week.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!
I hope I can get my bfp at least this year.
I feel really left behind as far as my friends are concerned.
And I'm really frustrated. I just can't imagine the only baby I'll ever have had was the one I lost. It's a sad thought.

I hope you ladies get your bfp too...good luck to you all xoxoxox

Hugs barbikins that is a really sad thought. Were you LTTTC your daughter? Loosing a baby must be heartbreaking but doublely so when you are LTTTC.
Fingers crossed for you.

Welcome Tommyg! Hoping that femara will do the trick to regulate your cycles! Quick reply as on holiday atm and signal touch and go. Hi all other girls this thread is doing well!
Afm cd 19 and got my smiley face opk yesterday about time too! Since taking clomid few cycles back my cycles have been longer! Weird z

tommyg, I got pregnant with her without trying. It was an "accident"...
And yes you're right it makes this whole thing worse.
I just hope it means I'll be pregnant again one day.

Hello and welcome Tommyg!

You are so similar to me! Conceived DS on month 5 of trying - the month we weren't meant to be trying (!) and now have been TTC #2 for 18 cycles. Only difference is my little boy is 3 1/2 now. Our problems seems to lie with MFI and right now feeling a little in limbo. DH is due to go for 2nd SA in the next couple of weeks so I guess we will find out one way or another what we have to do next.

Barbikins - I really hope that you get your BFP before the end of the year! In fact I hope everyone does.... month after month is so exhausting.

AFM - 12dpo, sore boobs and now been having back cramps tonight and just feeling that AF is getting ready to rear her ugly head. Of course by my predictions it'll start on Friday just as we leave to go camping for the weekend - lovely!!

Hugs to you all :hugs:

Hey Ladies

Can't believe it two of my favourite bnb buddies on this thread (Thanks for letting me know Issac :) ) !!!

I have read from start to finish but at work and have run out of time to reply so just popping a quick note to say Hi. I'll be back shortly to chat more :)

Banana :)

I was just going to let you know about this thread as well Banana07! Glad you found it! :)

Uurgghh..... totally having cramps today on left side and boobs barely sore anymore. Just a matter of hours before AF shows.....Looks like it's onto month 19 for us :cry:

Im so sorry WhiteOrchid!!!
I'm on the 19th month too :(
I see the results of your morphology does that mean you need to use donor sperm?

I see the results of your morphology does that mean you need to use donor sperm?

Thanks Barbikins, I'm feeling so fed up today! Trying to just get on with things but it isn't easy - especially since this backache won't let up :(

No we won't use donor sperm. To be honest I'm a little in limbo. After we got the results of the first SA showing 0% normal morphology I was so taken aback I didn't know what to do or what that really meant. Especially because our Dr was confident that morphology could be improved by lifestyle changes (so he said anyway). My DH had a low grade infection in his mouth after root canal years ago and again Doc said if that was the case that could definitely have an impact. So DH got tooth operated on and treated immediately and then this was the first month since the 90 days following his treatment. I was really hoping we might get our BFP and it was all down to the tooth infection... I guess not :( Hubby has to go for his 2nd SA before the end of the month when we have another appt with our Dr. Finally at that point (after 19 cycles and almost 2 years of TTC we will need to start being more aggresive with what we want to do and how we are going to proceed.... So difficult and I'm confused. I guess we will know more at the end of this month. I'll let you know how we get on :cry:

Hope you are ok today. I know some days are definitely harder than others and day 1 (or the day right before when you know for sure you are out!) is definitely the worst!! Will be more cheery next time :)

Thanks Barbikins, I'm feeling so fed up today! Trying to just get on with things but it isn't easy - especially since this backache won't let up :(

No we won't use donor sperm. To be honest I'm a little in limbo. After we got the results of the first SA showing 0% normal morphology I was so taken aback I didn't know what to do or what that really meant. Especially because our Dr was confident that morphology could be improved by lifestyle changes (so he said anyway). My DH had a low grade infection in his mouth after root canal years ago and again Doc said if that was the case that could definitely have an impact. So DH got tooth operated on and treated immediately and then this was the first month since the 90 days following his treatment. I was really hoping we might get our BFP and it was all down to the tooth infection... I guess not :( Hubby has to go for his 2nd SA before the end of the month when we have another appt with our Dr. Finally at that point (after 19 cycles and almost 2 years of TTC we will need to start being more aggresive with what we want to do and how we are going to proceed.... So difficult and I'm confused. I guess we will know more at the end of this month. I'll let you know how we get on :cry:

Hope you are ok today. I know some days are definitely harder than others and day 1 (or the day right before when you know for sure you are out!) is definitely the worst!! Will be more cheery next time :)

It's possible that your only issue is DH's sperm. I am wondering if supplements will help him. Also you may want to try IUI because they weed out all the best sperm. Maybe IVF is your best bet?
I hear ya, it's not easy...it's a sucky road & when there are road blocks, it's so frustrating. Been there too.
You're right, I'm always crabby from 12dpo onward if I'm testing negative.
It's just not an easy road. Let's be here for one another :)

I've decided after this last cycle that I"m going to start living my life & looking at things in a positive light & trying to go with 'it'll happen when it will' & not test early & not obsess. I just cant anymore. I was so depressed last month & it's just not good for me. So I'm going to try to keep busy & not care as much.

Best thing is to get more test for DH's SA....& maybe consider IUI???

Im sorry White, it's rotten when AF gets you. Good that you are seeing the Doc im sure their are options out their for you.

Barbikins have you looked at the options you have? Have they found any issues thay could be preventing pregnancy?

Im still trying to figure out what my body is doing / done. Im starting to think ovulation has been delayed by the cold as my blobs aren't making complaints but can that happen on femara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->