35 and over and ltttc for baby #2 for over 2.5yrs!

Hey girls I'm back off hols I need to do some catching up it seems! Whiteorchid so sorry you feel that af is on her way how long is your lp usually?
Hey banana great to see you on here too it is a lovely supportive thread!
Hope all you other girls are ok will catch up properly when straight got a car full of vamping gear to unload!
Think I'm about 2 dpo and feeling just fine also just opened our appointment for a planning app for the 8th October scary only one more natural ovulation before being pumped full of meds, great fun! If it brings us a baby I couldn't care less what I go through just give us one already! Catch up laterz x

@ tommyg - yes I did a slew of tests...3 different ultrasound, loads of blood work...everything's great. Perfect actually.
Husband, perfect. So we don't know & they can't see more unless we did IVF & they could see what's going on when the eggs get fertilized. So right now I'm doing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine to try & remedy what ever it is that's not working.
Fingers crossed!

How about you?

I have to say last night I was so frustrated and fed up I really felt like it was time to give up and just accept that we are a perfect family of 3. Thankfully today despite the arrival of AF (dead on schedule exactly 2 weeks after I ovulated....grrr!) I am feeling a bit better. Maybe it's the sun, or maybe 'cause it's the weekend or maybe just because that horrible 1st day of complete disappointment has past and I can move on....

Anyway I just wanted to say to you all to have a great weekend - we're off camping! But also I can't believe it... my "baby" (ok so he is 3 1/2) just went to preschool for the first time!! (sniff, sniff!) Hubby took him as didn't trust myself to leave him there without crying!!! Oh man! Anyway have a great weekend ladies - hope you are all well :hugs:

I'm sorry hun..I know how you feel. I've taken a few steps back after this last cycle. Sorry AF arrived.
Maybe what you should do is just get back to living life & let nature work it's magic...or not. Just take it one day at a time & enjoy everything again. It can be SO consuming.
Will you get some tests done?

Thanks barbikins - I totally know what you mean. I definitely will. We will be discussing all of that at our next Dr;s appt so will go from there. My initial day 21 bloodwork all came back great so next will be a scan I guess to check for blockages and then go from there. x

So you're doing the right next steps which is great. Just keep doing it until you can find some thing or if you hit the end of the road, you will be pregnant if/when your body is ready. Just one of those things we can't force to happen when we want & that's just the most frustrating situation ever!!!!

I have an appointment with a new RE next week on Thursday for a second opinion. And then we'll see from there. I'm told I need to be ready for an ultrasound on that appointment. And I'm sure he'll want some new blood work?

@ tommyg - yes I did a slew of tests...3 different ultrasound, loads of blood work...everything's great. Perfect actually.
Husband, perfect. So we don't know & they can't see more unless we did IVF & they could see what's going on when the eggs get fertilized. So right now I'm doing Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine to try & remedy what ever it is that's not working.
Fingers crossed!

How about you?

I think unexplained infertility can be even more frustrating than knowing if something is a miss! But all kinds of infertility is just torturous. We fall in too the unexplained category also! I have also given acupuncture a go tried it for 3 months but don't do it anymore as it was costing too much money and I didn't feel any different as it was supposed to help my pms symptoms also! Maybe I didn't give it long enough? Sometimes I think its my nature that's stopping me getting pregnant I'm a bit of a worrier but I didn't go into this journey a stress head! It started with 6 months of stress free ttc, then to slightly a bit more stressed with going to Dr's for blood tests etc! One year mark became unbelievably stressful and upsetting for about 3 months then it finally started to ease where now I do get disappointed but I have ways to cope with it better! I have finally started feeling like its not all my fault and the guilt is lifting as I felt enormous guilt for not being able to make ds a sibling. I'm sure if we stick together and be strong we can all get through this.
Orchid- so sorry af got you its awful when you know your out. I get that eveey month and by 10dpo can usually tell af is coming

Have a great weekend away orchid just try and put all the ttc stuff to the back of your mind and have some fun girl! X

I guess ladies I am lucky that I know what the problem is my cycles are naturally anything from 5 -12 weeks, I gave up counting days years ago.

This is my second cycle on Femara but I'm not convinced it's worked I'm on CD23 with a lack of sore boobs where normally on the 2ww they are letting me know.

Unexplained infertility must be so so fustrating and even more so when your first was an "accident" or was concieved very quickly without issue. I consider us to have been very lucky that we got our DS.

Anyway I've had a very lazy day loaded with the cold and still need to get DS into bed. DH could be more helpful however he's tired to having put in 58 hours at work this week.

Omg 58 hrs thats tough going Tommy! Every kind of infertility sucks but assuring they can make you ovulate your chances are good-high right? Did you say you had day 21 bloods sent or ultrasound to check follies?

Yes they checked my 21day bloods last month and I had ultrasounds every other day to make sure everything was working so they kind of assumed all would be fine.

Assuming I do ovulate on it I have a fairly good chance of getting pregnant over 6 cycles and failing that I'm on the IUI waiting list. So it's all just a waiting game but I'm loosing patience.

You could try clomid or a drug like that to ovulate too!
Did you have PCOS before you conceived your son?

You could try clomid or a drug like that to ovulate too!
Did you have PCOS before you conceived your son?

I think the femera is pretty much the same as clomid barbikins and comes with less side affects mainly not affecting cm or womb lining so much!
Tommy so they left you this month to ovulate knowing you did last month on same drug and dosage i presume? Maybe its just a late one! When I tried clomid 3 cycles back it made me ovulate a week late and still last 2 cycles I've ovulated nearer cd 20 when for 2 1/2 years its been around cd 15!
I too am waiting on iui starting in October after planning app got my prescription through the post yesterday for my injectables I'm really starting to think it will happen now!

Yes it similar to clomid, the FS considered clomid but changed her mind when I mentioned my confirmed chemical and another one that I suspect that I had.

Yes they assume if the same days and dosage work one month it will work the next. I ovulated on CD 18 last month but this month I've been full of cold which might have delayed it further.

Yes I've always had PCOS never been on the pill or anything to mask it.

So did it take you a long time to conceive your Son? Did you naturally?

Not really I conceived him after about 6 mths so I consider us to be really lucky. I do ovulate just my cycles can be anything for 4 to 12 weeks which makes timing things almost impossible,like most people with PCOS my body gears up to ovulate but doesn't always so I will get periods of EWCM during a cycle. And it's anyones guess how many times my body will try to ovulate before it actually does, some cycles it will do it first time others it will be the 5th or 6 th time I just never know.

Well ladies I'm back from a lovely weekend camping but unfortunately not only did AF rear her ugly head, she did so with a vengeance!! I have had such a heavy period today (Friday ended up only amounting to spotting, yesterday ended up first proper day and today Wham! Sorry if TMI!) Anyway what do you do?! Only good thing is I could relax and enjoy some wine with hubby to celebrate his birthday!

Tommyg - that must be SO frustrating and so impossible to know when 'the right time is'. I wish TTC was easier for us all. I hope you've all had a good weekend - on to another new week and for me a new cycle! For those of you in the 2ww good luck - I have my fingers crossed very tightly for you! Surely it has to happen for one of us sometime soon?!! :hugs:

Hi orchid I was just in your tww thread and wondered how things went for you. Sorry to hear about AF. :( I hate those really horrible ones...I'm like you know I don't want to see you AF but you don't have to be a jerk about it. :-(

Glad you still had a nice weekend. Fx for you and your new cycle/new chance.

I think the femera is pretty much the same as clomid barbikins and comes with less side affects mainly not affecting cm or womb lining so much!
Tommy so they left you this month to ovulate knowing you did last month on same drug and dosage i presume? Maybe its just a late one! When I tried clomid 3 cycles back it made me ovulate a week late and still last 2 cycles I've ovulated nearer cd 20 when for 2 1/2 years its been around cd 15!
I too am waiting on iui starting in October after planning app got my prescription through the post yesterday for my injectables I'm really starting to think it will happen now!

I wish that my doctor mentioned Ferma...I responded well to Clomid but she suspected it affected my lining so she didn't want me to do it again.
I wanted to increase my chances of getting pregnant through IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->