35+ Granduates.. We Finally did it !!

Melly, How are you feeling ? Why are you having a scan at 34 weeks?.

34 weeks is the final scan. Growth scan to make sure everything is ok and no extra plans need to be put in place for the big day I suppose.

The usual scans here are 12 weeks NT scan, 19 week morphology scan, and 34 week growth scan.

Although i had a 4 weeks scan (this one was booked before I was pregnant and was just to have a looky around at my inside girly bits, make sure ovaries, uterus shape, etc was all ok), also had a 6 week scan due to bleeding, then an 8 week 'reassurance scan', a 12 week NT scan, 13 week reassurance scan, 16 week reassurance scan, and a 19 week morphology scan. This 15 weeks between scans has been a LONG time, but it was a bit easier because I could feel movement. Now I feel LOTS of movement! Big kicks into my ribs that are enough to make my boobs bounce :haha:. Love it :cloud9:

Welcome polaris and a big congratulations:hugs::hugs:

I have added you to our first page:happydance:

sorry its been a while ladies.
Please forgive me as I check in from my phone n can't quote.
Congrats to the new ladies. I hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy.
Good luck Dorian, future and Melly on your scans
Yay Ready 17 weeks!!!!
I apologise to any one I missed.

AFM
I had my glucose test last week and passed and will have my ultrasound tomorrow.
I am 18 Weeks today and have felt movements, not the hard strong ones yet but little ones!!!
Hope every one is well

Hi ladies,
Have you got room for one more? I'm 36 (37 in April) and got my BFP yesterday. Feeling excited but apprehensive and trying not to think too far ahead just in case.
My EDD is 24th August.

Welcome and Congrats.

I have a full day tomorrow..

20 week U/S at 8am then off to the lab for my glucose test ( never had one before but midwife suggested on this time because of my age and the fact my last baby was 10 lbs) after that is all said and done I have to head over to the midwives for my monthly check up:dohh:

In between I am hoping to get a few last min. stuff bought so I don't have to go out again till after Christmas.

I have a full day tomorrow..

20 week U/S at 8am then off to the lab for my glucose test ( never had one before but midwife suggested on this time because of my age and the fact my last baby was 10 lbs) after that is all said and done I have to head over to the midwives for my monthly check up:dohh:

In between I am hoping to get a few last min. stuff bought so I don't have to go out again till after Christmas.

That is a busy day! Good luck with all the testing, I hope everything goes smoothly. I have heard that the glucose test is not too much fun. :hugs:

Glucose tolerance testing is standard over here at 28 weeks. Sometimes they;ll request the test earlier if youre measuring a little bit bigger. They take blood, then give you the yukky glucose drink, then wait an hour, take more blood, then wait an hour and take more blood! By the time it was finished I was STARVING!

Good luck with your day tomorrow Future.

LOL Melly! Here is how I did my glucose test:

Eat breakfast (you can only have certain foods), one hour later, drink your drink (the orange tastes like almost flat orange soda), an hour later, have blood drawn. But we only have our blood drawn once.

As far as I know the glucose test here is blood drawn ( after fasting since 12am) drink gross drink, wait hour bloods drawn again..

Game plan is after drinking the drink I am going to run to store to pick up a few things only to rush back for second bloods:dohh:

I had to fast before mine too. Nothing for 8 hours which isnt too bad, but I do enjoy my breakfast. They dont let you go anywhere once there either. You have to wait around. I had mine done at the hospital and the only waiting area is the emergency room waiting area. Usually never a dull moment in ED, except for the morning I was there. Lucky I took a book.

yup no going anywhere have to keep the body as still as possible not running to shops to burn off the energy. It's the next one that takes 3 hours that is the killer!! Soooooooooooooooooo boring

Oh lordy, that was the longest three hours:dohh: but at least that's over..

I also had my 20 week U/S but I am a little worried because the tech spent close to an hour mostly consatrating on my lower right side ( she was there so long it actually hurt)
I was at a different clinic when I had my other U/S 's so I am not sure if it's just this one is more detailed or the tech saw something.

I just know she didn't allow me to see much ( except to confirm he is still a boy:haha:)
I had to postpone my MW appt to tomorrow ( because the glucose test was so long) so I am going to ask if that is the normal. I can't help but be worried

((Future)) try not to worry!~ I know, it's hard. That's terrible that you couldn't see the screen for very long :( When I had my U/S, the tech was soo cool! She talked to me all the way thru it, about what she was seeing, and we were able to see the screen the entire time.

We got a live wire here, measuring 28mm with a hb of 167bpm. Ziggy was wriggling and bouncing all over the place so much so it took ages for correct measurements etc waiting for a moment of still!!

32+5 today for me.
Growth scan is complete and baby is perfect. Definitely team blue and weighs 2.2kg (4lb 12)
Not a poser and this is the best 3d pic we could get. I am just soooo relieved to know that everything is fine!
32+5 scan.jpg

Miss C, did you get a pic?

I most certainly did, little bugger was never still though so this is the best we could get!! Wish we had it on video!!

NT Scan now booked for 4th Jan. My iron levels are really low so doc has put me on iron supps and my liver is not happy so we are starting to monitor now so looks like I will get GD again - was pretty much expecting it anyway!!

https://i39.tinypic.com/1zm2o02.jpg

Glad you all had great scans and everything is well, Ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->