35+ Granduates.. We Finally did it !!

I have terrible anxiety before each scan, then I burst into tears either before or during. The sonographers are always really understanding and have tissues on hand for me.

Hey ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA. Very busy with new position at work so most days i come home and go to bed after dinner.

flibbrtygibbt, I am with you don't stress, just trust God. I will be praying with and for you.

future_numan, did you have your gender scan? if so wht are you having?

dodgercpkl, welcome.

Hello to everyone I have missed.

::Sniff::: wonderful stories Ladies!! My prayers go out to you flibberty, I pray for a healthy, happy baby for you.

We had our gender scan yesterday and after four daughters we are finally on team :blue::yipee:

hey everyone! :flower:

Future - mega congrats!!!!!!! you must be on cloud :cloud9: he will be a cherished little brother with so many big sisters!

we have snow & it's all feeling very festive! i've had a really busy wk end - and was horribly nauseous/sick last night - urgh i think i need to face up to the fact that i'm gonna have it on/off for the rest of the term.... was at a social thing yesterday where loads of people helped themselves to have a good rub of my tummy - was quite odd! i have a mwife apmnt with the quad blood test - which am nervous about - i just want to get to 20wk scan and know everything is ok....

some amazing & inspiring stories here... i must share one briefly also.. a friend of friend was put forward for ivf after trying for a number of years. they had their first consultation with the ivf doctor & they had some tests and scans before the dr would decide if they could go ahead. he called them to an apmnt and told them that he was terribly sorry but the results of the tests showed that they could not possibly consider ivf... because she was 5months pregnant. she hadn't even realised as she simply assumed it wasn't possible!

I hoep you are all having a lovely wk end....

x

@rjsmam - Oh that's an awesome story!! How fun! I bet they were beyond over the moon when they found out!

future_numan, congrats!! I know you are on :cloud9: as well as hubby.

rjsmam, I love the story it made me smile.

rjsmam, that's such a heat warming story:cry:
My BFF has been battling infertility for six years and is now trying IVF .. I pray she gets her happy ending:hugs:

Thank you everyone, I still can't beleive it's a boy. My first thought after the tech confirmed it to me was what do I own that isn't pink:dohh:

Future, aww, congrats on team blue!! What a spoiled little man that is going to be ;) LOL!! Just teasing. You'll have fun shopping boy stuff!

those are Some truly inspiring stories ladies.
Future, what your going to do is go shopping.
Ready wb glad to hear from ya!! Thanks for the prayers

rjsmam, that's such a heat warming story:cry:
My BFF has been battling infertility for six years and is now trying IVF .. I pray she gets her happy ending:hugs:

Thank you everyone, I still can't beleive it's a boy. My first thought after the tech confirmed it to me was what do I own that isn't pink:dohh:

Congrats on team blue! *grin* I have tons of blue stuff, but it's all adult sized as that's my favorite color. Hm... come to think of it, maybe that's why my mom thinks I'll have a boy first. :p

I'm adding my prayers to your hopes that your BFF gets her happy ending. That's got to be just so tough for them. :(

:wave: ladies!

I am 39 and pregnant with my first. I hope you have room for 1 more...

I don't know what to say - trans vag ultrasound in his office - can't find anything on the screen, then he says it may be the fibroid, then he finds other black areas which indicate possible endometriosis which when I had HSG done showed no signs of so he says that can't be it, then he says they can't all be gestational sacs, then he says this one probably is but there is no baby in it that I can see. I really can't tell I am very confused with what is going on in here. Sends me for urgent quantative betas, if result is positive today will draw more blood Monday but I am now going back for a "proper" ultrasound at 3pm. Just did a digital and it cam up instantly with pregnant 3+ hence why I am still having symptoms.

But I don't think the news is going to be good. At 7plus weeks he should have been able to see something for certain on his little machine, he even detetcs HB's at 6 weeks, but he says there is the chance we just need better equipment to see it.

So I guess we now wait and hope for so much more than a miracle.

OMG Miss C....What a nightmare! :nope: I can't even imagine what you are going through. :hugs:

well what a day!! We arrive at Qld medical imaging and I am quite literally crapping myself, the constipation of 4 days was poking it's head out but couldn't go cos I had to hold my pee and you definitely can't do a no2 without no1 happening! I was terrified. Dion and I hardly dared breathe let alone speak. We got called in and we told the guy what the morning had held and so he entered all the details LMP how long it lasted etc etc. Found my fibroid now a whopping 30mm from 10mm in June (they do grow in pregnancy), then he found the gestational sac, showed me it on the screen and it was definitely not showing any signs of life, he measured it to be 7w5d which was spot on then said we need to go to trans vaginal for a clear picture cos this fibroid is causing issues from trans abdominal, massive amounts of "noise" on the screen.

So off I go to empty my bladder and evacuate the reindeer droppings 3 days worth boy that was such a relief and I sat there on the toilet trying not to scream I felt like my heart was going to burst and my head was pounding, still an empty sac no baby, no little ziggy heartbeat.

Hop back on the bed, "chaperone" comes in we sign all the relevant forms and in it goes and away we go. He digs around for a while and then says I can see what we and the doctor couldn't see anything there we are right behind the fibroid, I said what can you see and he turned the screen and said there's a baby and can you see that flicker that's the heartbeat. I think I came over all religious cos I know I yelled out quite loudly OH GOD!! And then fell in a jibbering shaking heap and the sonographer had to ask me to hold my breath and not move as he still couldn't get clear pics or measurements.

He struggled to get a clear pic but the bit that he did he "thinks" was about 7.1mm which is 6w3d so those measurements are just a little bit behind but nothing of concern he said. Heartbeat of 153 is perfect.

The report was then phoned through to Dr Kasan who will get my quantative bloods tomorrow and I will probably go for a further blood draw Mon/Tue and a follow up scan in another couple of weeks assuming number are still going up and not down.

Fuck me dead this child is going to be the death of me! I don't think I have ever had a day that has gone from such lows to such highs. I cannot stop crying which is exacerbated by damn hormones!!

That is absolutely fantastic news Miss C! :hugs: I wanted to post something today about the fibriod perhaps blocking baby, but i dont really know anything about fibroids and didnt want to sound like a dumbarse.
I have also ended up a sobbing mess of happy tears (several times) during a scan, and had the sonographer try to calm me down to finish the scan.

wow what a journey you've been on Miss C ! you poor thing - you must be shattered. I'm so sorry it's been so stressful and so pleased at the great outcome. The hb sounds great and it must have been heaven to see it!

Here's hoping the rest of your term is plain sailing!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->