35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Woow girls so much info in Bfeeding. Thanks for sharing all that.
Codegirl thanks for the yeast infection info too. I get it often after antibiotics so I will watch out for that if I ever get antibiotics.
Svet i'm thinking of doing the Karp technique as well. the other book I got is "Babywise" which talks about scheduling the bfeeding loosely towards your baby which helps both the baby and the body to get into a routine of having enough milk.

Animalcracker so sweet to expect a daughter no???? :))) I bet you had a massive smile like I did when u found out. Hahahahhaha!!!!

I'm gonna add some bump photos and a phto of DH immitating me. V funny but I think he might kill me if he sees it so it's gonna go on a spoiler xxxx.

Angela, Lucy, NMG, Laura, Miss Muffet, Austen love to you all xxx.
View attachment 272084View attachment 272083

Lol Skye! Too funny about your dh! You look great though! :hugs:

:rofl: Skye!!! You're DH is too funny!

You look great :thumbup:

Off to the mall wish me luk! My lil one has decided to hate her stroller so I'll be bring the snugli too.

MA - praying for you today!!!!!!

I am thankful for all the breastfeeding information, good and bad. It helps people like me who have NO clue understand the ups and downs of it. As I said I may not have a choice with the medication I need to get on right after birth but I'm going to try.

skye - you look great! such a cute bump! and your dh made me laugh, he's a good sport! How did you out a picture in that you could put the spoiler around? I don't know how to do that!

I saw this on facebook today (but I know it's been around for awhile) and I just had to share, it made me cry, especially since I'm almost to that week. It's beautiful and so amazing what doctors can do now:

"The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner. The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta. She knew of Dr. Bruner's remarkable surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.

During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr. Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. Dr. Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile.

The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, "Hand of Hope." The text explaining the picture begins, "The tiny hand of 21-week-old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr. Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life."

Little Samuel's mother said they "wept for days" when they saw the picture. She said, "The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person" Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful."

Attachments

• babysamuel.jpg
    babysamuel.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 5
Skye,
You look adorable!

Angela,
Hi, how are you doing?

NMG,
I've seen that pic before but now that I am 21 weeks with my babies, it certainly has more meaning to me.

Hi to everyone. I was just checking in to see if there was news of baby Amelia.

Hi everyone!

I wanted to pop in and see if there was any news about our girl Rebekah. I've been thinking about her all day! I can't wait to hear about Amelia and see pics! xoxo

Love to all - I am off to the dentist for fillings. AHHH. Not looking forward to it LOL

Swet :)) Good luck hope you don't break your back shopping with a baby kangroo :)))

NMG :))) you click on the advanced setting. At the top of the menu you click on the icon which is a smilie with a black band on his eyes. You get a Spoiler Spoiler sign on your text. You insert the image or whatever you want to write in the middle between the 2 spoiler brackets. To insert an image you click on the paper clip sign and and add a photo you chose from your computer. Than upload the imge. It gets an automatic number. Than you click again on the paper clip sign I think. Very easy once u figure out :))

I'm sorry hon, won't be looking at your photo or read the story cause it totally freaks me out. While I was searching for 19 week pregnancy images just to see how big other people's bumps were, I ended up seeing the image of this little girl who was born at 19 weeks. started having nightmares that my baby might be born that way. Also my mum told me that my grandma had a very early birth. The baby died and it looked a perfect little person with finger nails, hair, lashes etc... Now I started counting weeks :( She was trying to warn me not to lift stuff but unintentionally managed to completely freak me out.

Hey Animalcracker, my DH's nickname is Jules :))) Dentist Yaaaaycks!!!! Scary! Good luck.

MA hope you are doing really well hon and baby is here already xxx

Swet :)) Good luck hope you don't break your back shopping with a baby kangroo :)))

NMG :))) you click on the advanced setting. At the top of the menu you click on the icon which is a smilie with a black band on his eyes. You get a Spoiler Spoiler sign on your text. You insert the image or whatever you want to write in the middle between the 2 spoiler brackets. To insert an image you click on the paper clip sign and and add a photo you chose from your computer. Than upload the imge. It gets an automatic number. Than you click again on the paper clip sign I think. Very easy once u figure out :))

I'm sorry hon, won't be looking at your photo or read the story cause it totally freaks me out. While I was searching for 19 week pregnancy images just to see how big other people's bumps were, I ended up seeing the image of this little girl who was born at 19 weeks. started having nightmares that my baby might be born that way. Also my mum told me that my grandma had a very early birth. The baby died and it looked a perfect little person with finger nails, hair, lashes etc... Now I started counting weeks :( She was trying to warn me not to lift stuff but unintentionally managed to completely freak me out.

Hey Animalcracker, my DH's nickname is Jules :))) Dentist Yaaaaycks!!!! Scary! Good luck.

MA hope you are doing really well hon and baby is here already xxx

oh my goodness, Skye! I TOTALLY understand!!! I'm so sorry to bring up disturbing memories/thoughts/nightmares! Just know I posted it to state that doctors are amazing and so is the life we have growing!

as for putting the picture in the spoiler, Thank You! I think I got it and will try it out soon. You are the best, thanks!

Hoping for positive happy news soon for Rebekah and Amelia!

love to you all!

I've been thinking of Rebekah, Doug and Amelia all day too - hope everything is ok with them, can't wait to hear news!!

Animalcracker so sweet to expect a daughter no???? :))) I bet you had a massive smile like I did when u found out. Hahahahhaha!!!!

I'm gonna add some bump photos and a phto of DH immitating me. V funny but I think he might kill me if he sees it so it's gonna go on a spoiler xxxx.

View attachment 272084View attachment 272083

You are so right, I was beaming ear to ear when I found out we were having a daughter! Mind you, I really didn't care about the sex, I just wanted to know our little baby was healthy. Such a relief everything is okay!!

You are so adorable with your bump!! :hugs:

Swet :))

Your DH has a fabulous name! :haha::dance::fool: LOL I am so modest, right? LOL!!

The dentist was uneventful thank goodness! It wasn't bad at all, but of course now I have a numb mouth and I am drooling! LOL

Where's our little Amelia..is she here yet?!

Hi everyone!

It's after midnight. So sorry we haven't gotten to this. Doug has been updating both facebook pages while juggling Amelia.

She was born 8:29 on Sept. 29th. She weighs in at 8lbs 13 ounces and is 20 inches long exactly.

I haven't slept since yesterday and have quite a bit of nausea. Amelia is beautiful and we have many pics to share with you but I'm so exhausted I can't function. Amelia was good most of the day but was just taken up to Nicu again to be stabilized for her blood sugars because we can't seem to keep them regulated even after eating. I'm taking a walk up there now and will go to bed. I'll try to update tomorrow with pics. She's so beautiful and cute. I can't believe she's finally here!

Love to you all....:hug:

Oh Rebekah CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :hugs::happydance:I am sooo soo happy for you and am currently in tears. :cloud9:I can't wait to see photos of your beautiful baby girl. Waaaaay to go Mama!!!:thumbup:

Lots of LOVE,
Steph:hug:

Wooow Rebekah Congratulations :))) :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::yipee::yipee::yipee: I can't believe it either. Take your time with photos and rest if you can hon :))) Although I'm dying to see her.

Oh congrats Rebekah!!!! :yipee: So glad Amelia is here safe and sound! What a lg little baby!! She was ready for the world. Looking frwd to pics!! Enjoy this time, it's exhausting but fleeting!!!

Hi everyone!

It's after midnight. So sorry we haven't gotten to this. Doug has been updating both facebook pages while juggling Amelia.

She was born 8:29 on Sept. 29th. She weighs in at 8lbs 13 ounces and is 20 inches long exactly.

I haven't slept since yesterday and have quite a bit of nausea. Amelia is beautiful and we have many pics to share with you but I'm so exhausted I can't function. Amelia was good most of the day but was just taken up to Nicu again to be stabilized for her blood sugars because we can't seem to keep them regulated even after eating. I'm taking a walk up there now and will go to bed. I'll try to update tomorrow with pics. She's so beautiful and cute. I can't believe she's finally here!

Love to you all....:hug:

Oh yayay! A big fat CONGRATULATIONS to you and Doug! :happydance: So wonderful that she is finally here and you can hold her and kiss her and love her. Enjoy every minute! xxx

So happy for you & Doug!!! Way to go, MA! So glad Amelia is finally here. Rest up and send pictures when you can. Love to you, L

Hurrah!!! Welcome Amelia and well done Rebekah!!! Love to you all xx​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->