• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Thanks Anna. :hugs: It's hard to please everyone you know? and I just really want to please Sophie. I know she'll have a blast!

Awww taking the day off to go to the zoo sounds awesome!!! I really want to take Sophie too but we are running out of weekends. Her daycare is closed for the next three weeks so my MIL will have her one, then my husband, then me. So DH really wants to take her and so do I. I wish we could just go together as a family, but that means going on a weekend when EVERYONE goes... Ugh

I know, Jo's birthday is on a Thursday, so I thought perfect!! No crowds!!

:thumbup:

Hey guys... just a question to anyone who suffered a CP or early miscarriage... It's been 10 days since I had my CP, and bleeding stopped on Saturday, but I am SO BLOATED I want to die :( I look so unbelievably pregnant it's awful. Anyone experience this???? I can't believe how crazy bloated/fat I am. I look so bad, someone offered me a seat on the bus the other day because they thought I was pregnant. If I suck it in any harder I'll implode. H E L P .......... My first thought last night was that maybe I was still pregnant, but all those other feelings went away, and with all the clotting I had? Plus I have been temping and my temperature dropped immediately after I started bleeding. Anyway words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Hi Ladies,

Blood test today, had a crap night where I worried all night, barely slept. I was ok yesterday and then boom, up all night worrying it will MC like poor Cookie.

We had Poppy's 18 month appt this morning, very tall slender kid. But the dr says he should be saying about 15-20 words and we have about 6. lol. So he recommended a speech therapist to evaluate him and, while I know it isn't a bad thing, my sis had one for her kid too, but these hormones! I was able to wait until we got to the car to burst into tears saying I'm a bad mom who can't teach her kid and now I'll be judged by some lady who will come in and teach him what I can'tttttttttttttttttt. Oh yeah, drama and hormones. It has begun, lol. Supposedly by two they are supposed to say 50+ words. I want to know how they came up with that number.

and heyyyyyy now, I'm no Martha Stewart! I remember a cake my dad made for me when I get out of the hospital when I was 5 after my heart surgery. He asked me what cake I wanted and he would make it. I said Fred Flintstone. Well, there it was when I got home, looking Spectacular, and I still remember it to this day as the best cake I ever got. Looking at the pictures, however (as a cake decorator - I used to teach it on the side), I see all the flaws. But I don't remember the cake as I see it in the pictures. I remember the cake as the most perfect Fred Flintstone cake ever made on the planet. That is what matters, not the most perfect cake!! Sophie will LOVE the cake!

And Chris, sorry I can't offer any help on the bloating. :( I'm chunky anyways, so I didn't notice. hugs.

gotta run, love to all

:hugs: I love your cake story.

You know, I am starting to think Doctors are prematurely sending kinds to speech therapists these days. I don't follow that many people on BNB and you are like the 4th or 5th who has been recommended this. Seems weird to me. Sophie I am sure falls within the the 50+, but she's always been a chatterbox ( <-- like her mom :haha:). That being said, my friends who have boys, are probably experiencing the same thing you are. Boys just don't speak as much early on. Sophie's "boyfriends" are the stong silent type. I personally (with all my medical knowledge :rolleyes: ) don't think there is a need for a speech therapist so early on. Look at adult women versus adult men :haha: You get my drift? :hugs:

Hormones are a darn thing. Embrace them and cry when you need to. ;)

Oh, and a second person mistook me for pregnant today :dohh: I was ordering a diet pepsi and she says, are you supposed to drink that when you are pregnant? :| Like even if I was how that is her business I don't understand.

Omg Chris how rude of that lady with the Pepsi!! Grrr!!

Beth you know Ethan's story; we have web seeing a speech pathologist for months and he is just now (at 2.5) beginning to say 50 words we can make out. It's nuts. Don't stress!! I know easier said than done!! :hugs:

Morning girls,

Quick check in . . .

Beth, I'm with everyone else. And as someone who fully freaked a couple of months ago about speech, I have to say that just after Jo got evaluated, the flood gates opened and she started talking much more on her own. Doctors and their mile stones . . . Grrrrr. I think poppy is just fine, you are a great mom!! Give him some time, he'll come around. And I'll second chris LOVE the cake story And well put.

Chris, when will people learn to keep their mouths shut!??? Seriously!! I'm sorry that sucks, hope you didn't tip her.

Angela, nice to see you post, know you're busy, hugs!!

Lots of hugs to everyone else too!! Steph, getting closer how ya feeling??

AFM, had a nice mellow weekend. Jo had a lousy nights sleep, so drinking coffee like no other this morning. Saw some friends last night, including one of my friends that has a miracle baby. They tried for years to have a baby, then discovered he had no swimmers, none. So some soul searching and a successful IVF treatment later they now have a beautiful baby boy. Also saw a mutual friend that is pregnant with her first at 43. I got all wishful for another, then didn't sleep hardly at all last night and am thinking one is just fine.

Ok hugs!!! Anna

Hi ladies

selfish post

I just got a horrible call from the dr's office. Damn receptionist. I answered and she said her name and from that she was from another OB in the office (which I thought was weird) and she said, I have your blood test, and the number is at 17, so Almost back to zero, so another day or so and you should be officially done and back to normal. I said, what the hell are you talking about, I thought I was pregnant??!?!?!? she said, oh, and backtracked saying sorry, come in tomorrow for another test to make sure it has doubled. I said, I had a miscarriage a few months ago, and I go to a different OB in the practice, do you have the right person? She said the message said I just had a mc and was looking to get the numbers back to normal, but she said, come in tomorrow for another test and ohhh congratulations and crap, I hung up on her.

17??!?!? That is HORRIBLE. I'm devastated and feel every twinge inside me now and fear that it is ending again.

OMG that is horrible! How unbelievably unprofessional!!! But Beth, pleeeeeease don't worry yet, pleeeeeeease!!! At this rate who even knows if she has YOUR test. And if so, you go and take another and hopefully you'll see that the numbers have increased. Please please please don't think negatively because of a stupid, unprofessional byatch.

:hugs:

Thanks Chris - I am numb now. I called Charlie and he came right home and hugged me for awhile. Then he said he was going to call them and chew them out for being such idiots and callous. I am just so shocked because when I had the MC with Cookie, my first number was 501 an it was taken about the same time after the BFP as this one.

I'm trying to stay hopeful as on the off chance I am testing super early, I don't want to jinx the little beanie in there, but it's so hard. Every damn twinge I go running to the bathroom to see if I started spotting yet or not. Haven't yet, but feels like any moment now. I go back tomorrow, this will be a crappy week. If I knew for sure, I'd have a big glass of alcohol right now, but even with a sliver of hope, I can't yet.

thanks for being here for me.

I wish I could crawl into the computer and give you a big hug. You sure have a wonderful husband. :hugs: Please try to stay hopeful. At this rate you can't trust for a second what that lady said.
Maybe go pee on another stick? Might help... or not. How do you feel? How many weeks would you be?

Oh Beth honey!!! How unbelievable!!! When you do go tomorrow tell your dr you want your results fast-tracked and you're expecting a call before day's end - they can definitely do it that fast - my clinic does it in just a few hours. Oh hon I can't believe that for you but as Chris says please try not to think the worst yet. I really think they had some kind of mix up on their end. Praying for you!!

:cry: I am so sorry Beth. :cry: You know, I just went through the exact same thing at around 5 weeks so I'm totally here for you. :hugs:

Oh Beth, soooo sorry!!! What an AWEFUL receptionist!!! I'll say it again, ALL MEDICAL PERSONEL NEED SENSITIVITY TRAINING!!! Grrrrrr. Lots and lots of hugs, so sorry for everything! We're here for you any time.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Beth I am so sorry...and I am sorry that you had a receptionist tell you the information in the most unprofessional way possible. Please be sure to communicate that to your Dr as well. We are here for you and I am sending you HUGE HUGS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->