35+ TTC 1st Graduates!!! Come on Over!

Hi girls! Just got home from work. First day with the boss back :wacko: You'd think after a 4 week vacation you'd be in a good mood but apparently not.

I did end up with the cold afterall, but it's not nearly as bad as my husband's. Got the sniffles and sneezes and otherwise I just feel pregnant which is like having a cold 24/7 lol

I have my first doctor's appt. Thursday :happydance: Not much will happen then but looking forward to getting the ball rolling and making this pregnancy real! Tomorrow marks 8w3d for me and the farthest I made it last time. :cry: I know nothing will happen tomorrow but it will certainly be on my mind all day.

Guys I am sooooooo bloated! I have this huge belly and I try to suck it in all day, so now my stomach muscles are sore, lol My uterus is working overtime here I think. I can't wait until I have a proper baby bump, and not just fat/bloat.

I weighed myself Sunday and I have put on 4lbs. Not bad considering Christmas just passed and there is a buffet of chocolate in my kitchen. :|
Unfortunately the only foods that are appealing to me are junk food and fast food. :dohh: Things like salad and vegetables make me gag. I hope that doesn't last or I am going to be a big pregnant whale!

Anna- how is your mom doing?

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Hi There - hoping I can join you in this thread. I was just a newbie in the 35+ TTC#1 thread and found out 4 days that ago, that we're expecting. Not that the BFP happened overnight. This was our month 20 TTC and we were getting pretty discouraged. So we are just over the moon, while at the same time being cautious cause it's so early.

I had my first doctor's appointment today and she was walking me through the first trimester...what to expect, when to do what, and then she sprung up all the testing that is recommended for all of us over 35 because of the higher risks. I didn't like it - it kind of freaked me out in all honesty. :huh: It's probably just part of her "job" though to talk about all of this with her patients.

Well, look forward to getting to know you. Are any of you this early as well? I'm 4 wks and 4 days. Off to go find a baby ticker :happydance:

Welcome Hope and congrats! :flower:
I'm 8ish weeks and haven't even got a midwife yet. Have been to doctors and had blood and urine tests for HIV etc, but here in NZ they don't do much until week 12 so I'm just muddling through!

Thanks Vivienne :). Curious to know - when did you start feeling sick and pukey? I'm just 5 weeks and a couple of days, and not feeling any of that yet and am wondering if / when to start expecting it.

Am feeling really tired though, but feels like I can't get a good night's sleep. Keep on waking up, tossing and turning. Am also feeling really constipated (sorry if TMI), so have resorted to drinking prune juice as of last night. :blush:

Ha I was feeling like a box of fluffy ducks until 26th of Dec at about 7pm!! I would have been 6ish weeks then. Suddenly I was waking every morning at 4am to be sick and that carries on until about 11pm when I get about 5 hours sleep before it starts again!!
But don't worry apparently I am 'special' and just have a really bad case of MS which is rare. I don't have hyperemesis thank god but I have lost about 1 stone so far. From what my GP said most women will feel a bit 'off' between weeks 7-12 but only about 50% get actual vomiting/nausea and only 2 % end up having to be medically managed so you will probably be fine :thumbup:
I haven't had constipation more the opposite (TMI):blush: and gas :blush:
The sleepless thing seems to be fairly common sadly and it's funny considering how tired you feel during the day! Mother Nature is just getting us ready for all those 2,4,6am feeds!!:dohh:

Anna I hate you for eating such lush breakfasts!!! All I can manage is dry toast!
But seriously I am going to do a lot of the tests as well as I do not like surprises and also like to be well informed so I can be ready.
I have a midwife now, well actually I have 3 ( the place i went assigns you a team of three so there is always someone available 24/7) and will be catching up with them next week and then have a scan in 3 weeks.

Ha I was feeling like a box of fluffy ducks until 26th of Dec at about 7pm!! I would have been 6ish weeks then. Suddenly I was waking every morning at 4am to be sick and that carries on until about 11pm when I get about 5 hours sleep before it starts again!!
But don't worry apparently I am 'special' and just have a really bad case of MS which is rare. I don't have hyperemesis thank god but I have lost about 1 stone so far. From what my GP said most women will feel a bit 'off' between weeks 7-12 but only about 50% get actual vomiting/nausea and only 2 % end up having to be medically managed so you will probably be fine :thumbup:
I haven't had constipation more the opposite (TMI):blush: and gas :blush:
The sleepless thing seems to be fairly common sadly and it's funny considering how tired you feel during the day! Mother Nature is just getting us ready for all those 2,4,6am feeds!!:dohh:

Thanks Vivienne for the info - puking is one of my least favourite things in the world, but right now I'm so hoping that it will come very very soon, just as another sign that all is going well with baby and pregnancy.

Lynn - we really seem to be on similar timelines. :winkwink: I'm going for my first 8 wk US on Jan 31st, so just a day ahead of you. It feels like sooooo long from now, doesn't it?

AFM, I keep on having very very light pinkish spotting on and off - just when I wipe, but it's making me a bit antsy. I called my doctor yesterday and she said the way I described it that it sounds really normal. She said that a lot of women don't even notice that amount of spotting because they don't examine the t.paper. lol - I seem to examine EVERY time. I keep telling myself that all is well and normal but keep on getting pangs of worry. Girls, your earlier thread about these forums being a microcosm of life and not a representative reflection was really helpful - so thanks.

Lynn - we really seem to be on similar timelines. :winkwink: I'm going for my first 8 wk US on Jan 31st, so just a day ahead of you. It feels like sooooo long from now, doesn't it?

AFM, I keep on having very very light pinkish spotting on and off - just when I wipe, but it's making me a bit antsy. I called my doctor yesterday and she said the way I described it that it sounds really normal. She said that a lot of women don't even notice that amount of spotting because they don't examine the t.paper. lol - I seem to examine EVERY time. I keep telling myself that all is well and normal but keep on getting pangs of worry. Girls, your earlier thread about these forums being a microcosm of life and not a representative reflection was really helpful - so thanks.

You're right 3 weeks does seem like a long time to wait, but it will be worth it. I have a calendar by my desk that I'm crossing the days off on :haha:, as if that's gonna make the time go more quickly :dohh:

Don't worry about examing the t.paper, you're not alone, I do it too and I'm sure there are a few more on here who do too. :hugs:

Chris - Thinking about you today:hugs: Yay for Drs appointment tomorrow, you'll have to let us know what happens, it's very exciting isn't it & I'm sure you'll make a lovely pregnant whale :haha:

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well. We've been out of our routine here for the last several days with the snow - this is our third snow day in a row, but I am thankful my office is doing the responsible thing and not asking us to get out on the roads. Being pregnant, I definitely do not want to take any chances on the ice! We got a historic amount of snow for our area, and the ice hasn't let up yet. The sun is finally out today, so maybe that will help.

AFM, my grandmother passed away yesterday :cry: She was really a rock in our family and I am going to miss her so much. She was 92 and ill, so it was not entirely unexpected, but we just saw her a week ago and she seemed more stable than that to me. I am so thankful I did get to see her, at least. But it just adds to the crazy roller coaster of emotions for me right now. You guys may remember that my Dad is also not doing well, and so with two family members who've not been well, this pregnancy has been a Godsend and given me something positive to focus on. But it sure does create a seesaw of emotions! Our first baby shower is also scheduled for this weekend, and we are now waiting to see if that will need to be rescheduled based on the arrangements for my grandmother. So many occasions, happy and terrible, swirling around in my world at the moment.

Meanwihle, at least pregnancy-wise, everything continues to be well. I'll be 32 weeks Sunday and we'll see our OB again late next week. We were slated to visit a pediatrician yesterday evening for a "meet and greet" but the weather made that impossible.

Chris, I hope all goes well at the appointment tomorrow, and I can't wait to hear all about it! Don't worry about craving junk food and all. The worst of that passes quickly (even though in the early weeks, it does not seem quick!) and you will eventually want salad and healthy food again! Eat what you can and just try to get your protein in and your prenatal vitamin.

Anna, I am so glad you are able to eat yummy breakfasts! Could you please come cook some of that for me? It sounds awesome but I'm too lazy to make it these days LOL! And did you figure out the tickers? I can help if needed.

Viv, hope your tummy settles soon. Just know that it DOES get better.

Lynn and Hope - yes, those early days do seem to drag, don't they? I can remember when I was 4 weeks and 5 days. Then 5 weeks and 1. Then 5+3 LOL. It seemed like the time just crawwwwwwllled by over the summer. But once you begin to feel a bit better, anywhere 12--16 weeks, things pick up speed again as you start to be able to go back to a bit more of your regular routine. And then by the time you get to where I am time is flying by each week, as you will roll over a week and then look up to realize you're already halfway through the next! So much to get done before baby arrives! :haha:

And don't feel bad about checking the toilet paper obsessively. I'm almost 8 months and I'm STILL doing that :rofl:!!!

Okay ladies, I gotta go check in at work. At least I am home today and can work virtually!

hi there girls!!

so re: t.p., I am so glad lynn brought it up, I do it ALL the time. Sometimes I think I feel wetness down there and go running to the bathroom in a panic!

chris,glad the cold wasn't too bad. I love that ur eating junk food! I seem to sway to the opposite and only veggies and savory foods sound good. I don't have a scale at home but will be currious to see at next appt if i've gained or lost weight. I figure with cutting out alcohol i'm ahead of the calorie curve.

vivienne, i'm like you,no suprises. I am sorry you are still so sick I hope after 12 weeks it clears up!! Good luck with the do appt tomorrow!!

Hope, we all have moments of freaking. I just had one checking on one of the other threads. This woman posted that had mc at 7 weeks. CRAP i'm 7 weeks!! Moment of panick for sure! But I keep telling myself I feel strong and will carry this healhy baby to term!!! Keep the faith.

Lynnb, I did figure out the ticcker thing, but I mostly communicate with you girls on my phone and have to be on lap top to do ticker. Will hopefully get it figured out tonight. Thanks for all the help!!

rottpaw, I am soooooooo sorry aout your grandmother. I am glad you got to see her before she passsed. I am sure she will be watching over you in these final weeks and through the delivery. You have so much emotional turmoil going on right now I am sorry. Take care of yourself! Also enjoy the baby shower!!! So much fun!!

AFM, Yesterday I finally got a taste of what so many of you are going through. I was so nauseous most of the day and soooooo tired it was all I could do not to lay down on the floor and take a nap. Yesterday sucked! I can only hope today is better. I mentioned the other thread, I think I have to keep off other threads for a few weeks until we're past the critical phase. Just for piece of mind.

hope everyone has a good day!!! Anna

OMG!!!! STUPID WORK!!! I have been so out of it I didn't even know this existed. YAY I am so happy that you started this Rottpaw!!!! I can't wait to catch up with you ladies. Miss you!

Best,
Steph

Morning Ladies!!

AFM, can't help myself and have gone out and bought a couple of pregnancy magazines and the book "what to expect when your expecting"
have a good day!! Anna

Hi Anna!!!!! I am so happy about your BFP. I am trying to get all caught up and am almost done reading all the pages. However, I got the book as well and a friend of mine told me not to read it until towards the end of my 2nd trimester. I kinda blew her off, but so much of what I did read made me a nervous wreck! If you can hold off for a few months before reading, trust me you will be giving yourself peace of mind! :flower:

Rottpaw - I am really sorry to hear about your grandmother. But I am glad everything is going ok pregnancy wise.

I finally just caught up reading all the threads. I am still at work and about to head out for the evening, but wanted to share a few things.

I had terrible morning sickness until about week 12 so I can relate to all of you in 1st trimester who are sick. Lucy - my ligaments, particular around my hips are killing me, however I just bought one of thse body pregnancy pillows so hopefully that will work :)

Pablo - my nipples still hurt. Sometimes when I am laying in bed with DH and I am too close, I actually get stuck to him LOL and boy does it hurt to peel myself off! I am warning you now, that your nipples will dry out and start to crack. I saw somewhere on the forum about a nipple lotion to get, but can't remember the name (obviously I haven't bought it yet). If anyone knows it, please give a shout :).

Ok - now that I know that this thread is here, I shall chat with you all tomorrow!

Best,
Steph

Steph I'm so glad all is going well for you!

On the books, I actually put down What to Expect and never went back to it. Too much focus in that book on what can go wrong. Several friends recommended the "Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy" and I LOVED it. It's great and I definitely recommend it.

I hope the hip/ligament pain settles down for you Steph. Mine is getting worse as I get heavier/bigger, but I'm told that is normal. I've got 8 more weeks so I'm trying to hang in LOL! Some things I have learned that make it worse are trying to lift your leg while standing on the other (like putting on or taking off pants or socks while standing) so now I sit down to do those. Also be careful how you turn over and sit up in bed as that can aggravate it too. I read that it can't be helped with exercise (can only be aggravated by it) so I have been focusing on how not to make it worse LOL!

Oo Angela so sorry about your Gran, but 92 that's awesome and i'm sure she had an amazing life :hugs:

She did have an amazing life and was a really neat lady. We will miss her, but know she is with Jesus now.

How is everyone feeling today? We'll be headed back into the office after three straight snow days at home. Hubby will be driving me to and from work because his car has 4WD. I don't really want to get out on the roads, since it still has not warmed up here and is icy everywhere and about 20 degrees F (twelve below freezing). Brrr!! But hopefully we'll be fine.

:hugs: to all!

Hi girls!

rottpaw- sorry to hear about your gram :hugs:

Nice to see you here MissMuffet!!

Not much to say here. My cold has been kicking my ass since Tuesday night. Went to work yesterday only to turn around and go back home within an hour. I stayed home today too, to rest up and take care of baby. Still feeling pretty rough.

I have my appt. today but not much will happen. They don't do scans here until 20 weeks!!! ugh :wacko:

yehh a ticker is right, finally! So fun to see the graphic has already moved!

mismuffett,so good to see you here. I knew there were other 35+ grads out there! Sorry your legaments are giving you trouble. I like the idea of the body pillow. As far as nipples go, it seems it bother me most when doing something outside when it's really cold, so i'm going to try band-aids and see if they work. You could try bag balm for yours. It may help. Also is anyone using and body oil for stretch marks? It's early for me but I keep seeing all these adds for different products.

angela, do you live in / around atlanta? I've heard it's crazy with all the snow. Be safe driving and glad DH is taking you. The roads are one thing, it's all the other crappy drivers that I worry about. Stay safe and warm.

chris, sorry about the cold! Sounds like it's kicking your ass. Glad you are staying home and getting good rest.

AFM, actually the book isn't freaking me out to much, but I will get the girlfriends guide. I've heard of it before. Feeling pretty crappy this week still but things i've read have said weeks 7-12 can be the worst, plus I hope it means hormones are zinging! Slept like crap last night so pretty tired. May try and bug out of work early today if I can swing it.

have a good day and hi to everyone I didn't mention by name.

anna and my new ticker.

Chris - Congrats on your BFP as well! YAY. I hope your cold gets better. I have had a cold since the 1st week of December. Just when I think it is about to get better it comes back with a vengence. I went to the Dr today and he basically said to was wait it out and just drink lots of liquids and rest!

Pablo - I am using Palmers for stretch marks. It is thick and has a weird Cocoa butter smell. Not sure if it works, as I jsut started to use it about a week ago. By the way YAY on your ticker.

Oh did I mention that at my last ultrasound they said I was 90% having a girl :). My next appointment is January 26th. Looking forward to seeing my Sweet Potato then.

Afternoon to all the other 35+ mommies to be! Hope everyone is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->