*@*36yrs old and up*@*

vkj73

Reaction score
looking for some bnb buddies who are 36 years and older.
my dh (soon to be 40) and i (36) are ttc #1 :winkwink:

i went off bcp around dec. 2007 (i was on it forever) we half-a$$ed tried 'till about nov. 2008.
in nov. 08 i got my blood checked to see if everything was ok and it was.
dh had his "special" test in jan. 09. all was well!
then for the final test, i had an hsg (test to see if tubes are clear) in june 09.
everything normal (doctor even said for many women they get preg soon after as it clears the way). not yet for me:(

i feel like june is when we really started feeling like, ok, we're good to go, let's make this happen.
i also started acupuncture 3 weeks ago. now the summer is coming to end
(i'm a teacher so i worry about my stress level going back up...summer was "supposed" to be the time) and i'm in the tww period.
i know i'm totally over-analyzing any "symptoms" i may/may not be feeling.

this site has been so helpful in helping me to be more aware of signs, when to test, etc.
even if af does come this month, i feel like i'd be ok with it, as i have so many tools to carry on with me now.

i know many women 36+ get pregnant, but i can't help to worry/wonder.

would love to hear from any ladies in or near the same boat!!!!

:hug: :dust: :hug:

vkj73 - Hi! I will be 38 next month and the hubby is only 32! I have 4 kids from previous marriage but we are TTC his 1st! We've only been "not preventing" since May of this year. I went off BC the very end of April and I've had a few crazy cycles ...my last cycle was probably the first normal one for me at 29 days long. So - I am charting temps and using Fertility Friend fort the first time this month. According to FF I ovulated on cycle day 17 and Im currently on cycle day 20! Im planning to test on Sept 6 or 7 if AF doesnt get to me first! Lets stay in touch and I am sending you LOTs of baby dust!!!!

PMA everywhere!!!!!!!! :hugs:

mama4,
thanks for your reply. i've read some of your other threads. sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. hopefully things will continue to get better for you.

i'm also on cd20. weird.
i think i ovulated about 6 days ago.
my cycles run about 35days, which means i would test around 9/11. don't know if i can wait that long. i keep thinking though that maybe it could make 9/11 a happy day.

keep me posted too:flower:

:hug: :dust: :hug:

Thats exactly right! That would be an awesome way to spend 9/11 and create happier memories for such a sad day in the past!!! I like it~! Thanks for your well wishes referring to some of my other posts. Dont know what crawled up the DH's behind, but anyway ~ he seems to be back on track though and hopefully we can put that little episode behind us completely...He did finally manage to talk to me some and I feel so much better. I have a renewed confidence that we will be fine. No marriage is EVER going to be perfect and I think he is just learning to accept that fact...Im doing all I can to reassure him there is nothing he can do that will make me walk away from our marriage...I am also praying that no matter how angry with me or sad he gets he will never walk away from me either. He says he will never leave - I believe him. Anyway, Im getting anxious to see how the next couple weeks turn out !!!!! Loads of babydust to US! :hugs:

I'm only 34 but feel old to be ttc for the first time. I was on bcp for most of 17 years until last October and we were using condoms until this past June. I always hear how once you hit 35 ttc is harder and there are more risks and even my ob/gyn told me not to wait too long! It has me scared that all those years of bcp combined with my age are setting me up for disaster. Here's wishing us "oldies" (lol just kidding) all good luck.

I'm only 34 but feel old to be ttc for the first time. I was on bcp for most of 17 years until last October and we were using condoms until this past June. I always hear how once you hit 35 ttc is harder and there are more risks and even my ob/gyn told me not to wait too long! It has me scared that all those years of bcp combined with my age are setting me up for disaster. Here's wishing us "oldies" (lol just kidding) all good luck.

thanks for the reply kmac! you'll be fine, especially since you've just stopped using condoms.

i found this too:
https://www.babycenter.com/404_can-long-term-use-of-the-pill-make-it-harder-to-conceive_1404486.bc

:dust:

Thanks vkj73. I know that the pill doesn't affect your chances of getting pregnant, but it still stays in the back of my mind. Just my mind playing games with me is all. This is only our 3rd cycle ttc so not like it's been forever, but it's frustrating nonetheless when most of my friends already have kids and had no problems getting pregnant.

hi vkj73, i am 38 will be 39 in 3 days actually and after 8 years with my OH we've decided to ttc - I already have 2 girls of 19 & 12...
Ive been on hormonal contraception almost constantly since I had my youngest, have just come off Cerazette. Am pretty unsure as what to expect as i havent had a true cycle for over 10 years and like you am worried that it will take forever if at all...
Have started doing all the right things, taking the pregnacare, cutting out my beloved wine :wine: , getting a bit more excercise and eating as healthy as I can plus cutting down on the coffee. OH has his orders on improving his health/lifestyle aswell!! Its very early days yet as only been off the POP for a week now, so cant really start trying til after AF has been..
will keep you posted & loadsa luck to you and your OH 2 :thumbup:

hey sweet im 42 soon:dohh: and ttc no 5 my last 2 babies have been after 36 so you have loads of time :happydance::happydance:

hey sweet im 42 soon:dohh: and ttc no 5 my last 2 babies have been after 36 so you have loads of time :happydance::happydance:

Brilliant Carrieanne! Thats so great to hear about your successes!! Hope you have been well~ havent been across any of your posts lately...Im getting ever closer to 38 - I think this cycle has good chances-no harm in hoping eh? PMA and Dust to all!!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Brilliant Carrieanne! Thats so great to hear about your successes!! Hope you have been well~ havent been across any of your posts lately...Im getting ever closer to 38 - I think this cycle has good chances-no harm in hoping eh? PMA and Dust to all!!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

im good sweetie just not much time with the kids on school hols not long now no 3 starts big school this year so i only have one left defo time for another :thumbup: ov this weekend so fx for this month good luck for this month keep me posted xxxx :hugs:

Hello there im 37 and hubs 41 - I have two kids 16 and 8, have had 3 losses since 35 with the last one being today - :cry: in the process of a chemical. Im not sure if its my age im beginning to wonder !!

Sorry for your losses that must be really tough for you.
I'm 37 (38 in Nov) and my hubby has just had a vasectomy reversal in May and we're trying to conceive no 4 at the moment. My period is due on Tuesday and I have every pregnancy symptom known to man but I'm pretty sure it's all in my mind because it's our first month trying!!
Here's hoping we all get :bfp:and sticky beans soon
xxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all,
I'm 37 and I have a girl 3 years old concieved naturally after 7 mths of trying. We're trying for #2 now for 2 and half years with no luck. Used fertility monitor for 1 and half years which peaked each month for ovulation hormone but blood test showed hormone was borderline so dr said i may not be ovulating each month. So, now i've started clomid this month to increase hormone. really don't want daughter to be only child. Maybe we'll be lucky now we are getting help.
(not sure if i trust use of digital fertility monitor, first month it showed LH hormone surge at day 22 and 2nd mth it was day 19. After that is was always around day 12)

I hope my docs now gonna do something re progesterone and ovulating as I only have a 10 day LP and its not holding my pregnancies becuase I am ovulating bout day 21 and AF comes day28/30 so I do release an eggy but it either doesnt implant or its not strong enough when it does !

Hi sweetie,I'm an old bird - I'm 37 and dh is 38. We are ttc our 4th baby together (I have 2 boys from a previous marriage). Hope you get your bfp soon hun x

Hey Ladies
I'm 37 (and 4 days!!!), DH is 47. we are TTC our second, we have a gorgeous little girl who is nearly 4.... Fell first time with her and we have only been trying one cycle but I have fibroids so not sure - but am hoping, we can hit the spot quite soon.... Good luck to all us oldies and thanks to those that have had babies past 35... it gives us all inspiration and a good feeling all round. There is too much gloom around older ladies having babies.... !!!

oh my goodness! thank you all for sharing your stories and posting here. very inspirational!!! so nice to not feel alone.

i think i misread my optk result last weekend (it was dark, but pretty thin). last night the line was dark and totally the same thickness of the control line:happydance:

i'm at cd21 and i usually get af after 35 days or so.

we shall see. keep posting!!!

:dust: to all!!!!

Oooh get down to it hun.... even if you are not, its something to do... Its all good and positive on here... for us over 35s!!!!

Hi there,
Ive joined up today, although we have been trying to conceive our first for 6 months. I am 36, and dh is 44. He works away in the week, and my cycles are long and irregular, for example this month I had a positive OPK on cd27! Therefore I reckon I could be here a while, and would love some buddies of a similar age to agonise with and offer encouragement :) I was on bc (microgynon) for about 18 years - man that makes me sound old :sad2: and have been off it for about 10 months. My blimmen cycles just get longer and longer, sigh. As you can hear, Im a bit concerned about our chances, but am trying to be positive.
Anyway its great to see there's a few of us, and I send positive vibes and baby dust to us all :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->