39 weeks - should I be going out on my own?

suzanne108

Reaction score
I need to go to the bank next week to pay a cheque in before LO arrives.

Its about a 20 minute drive away, then about a 10 minute walk.....I was going to go on my own but my mum was like nooooo I'll come with you just in case!

Its weird because I still feel like I am about 35 weeks pregnant and pretty safe....kinda forgetting that things could happen at any time!! x

i walked into town today 39 + 4 and it takes 30 mins to get there, i took my notes with me and made sure my phone was charged and to hand. and i had contractions last night, but noone wanted to come with me and i wanted to get out the house.

I was fine............until i got to the end of my road coming home and slipped over on some ice, i'm ok tho, i'd just recommend being careful and if someone wants to come with u i'd just let them x

I'd go.

Just make sure you have a phone and credit and everything you'd need if you were to go into labour. If your going in the car it might even be worth taking your labour bag just in case.

When I get to 39 weeks I plan on leaving the labour bag in boot of car just in case.

I would go.could be another 3 weeks!!

I'm the exact same! If it wasn't for the snow i would still be out driving and doing stuff on my own but everyones on tenterhooks and like 'noooooo you can't do this, that or the other' :rofl:

I guess we do forget where we're at don't we? :blush: I'd still go on if it was me :haha:

Glad someone has posted this, I've been thinking the same thing. Everyone keeps saying I need to rest and look after myself at home but, It's driving me mad being in the house all the time and worrying about putting my life on hold. I think I'm even worse and it's really annoying me now with it being Christmas too. Everyone else making plans and going out is crap when you're not a part of it. Feel so left out atm!

I would go..You are not broken, just slightly pregnant! heheee...We can still do things up until the baby is born..

Yeah go. Labour doesnt happen that quick.

Im d same at the moment my mum doesnt want me on my own WTF!!! Whats the worst that can happen, i go into labour and call sumone...... i really am starting to resent being wrapped in cotton wool.

I wont be stopping little trips to Asda and will be going to MW appointments on my own still, they're 10 mins away.

I guess my mum was just a little worried that it was a bit too far....not that its far but you know what I mean!! Can see where she's coming from....if contractions started whilst I'm in the bank queue I'd have to either drive home or someone come and get me lol...but that'd be pretty bad luck!!!

If she insists I'll let her come, I just wondered what other people do!!! x

Like everyone else I would say go :thumbup:

We were chatting about this in our antenatal class and the general feeling was as long as you could get home in 30-45mins it should be fine :shrug:

Good luck :D

I dont see why not... people who already have kids, still have to take there children to school ( is one of the things i worry about what if my waters go when im dropping my daughter off eeeek ) but think longs you have your fone on you, it will be ok x

I haven't stopped going places because I know that, if I needed someone to come and get me, there are a number of people I could call. I do make sure that my phone is at least half charged before I go out though, and have been carrying spare knickers and a pair of leggings in my bag (as well as my maternity notes) just in case my waters break!

I'd go, but if your mum wanted to come along I wouldn't stop her. Chances are you'll be fine and nothing will happen, but if contractions do kick in hard and strong, having to drive all the way home on your own won't be pleasant, and could be dangerous!

Go for it. I'm now overdue and plan to still be going out and about - not mammoth treks mind you, but just to the shops (15 min drive away) and the like. Haven't been going out much in the snow and ice and have now got cabin fever so can't wait to get back out in the real world.

Take your notes with you and a mobile and you'll be fine.

id say go on out as long as your fully charged :)
or just post your cheque to the bank xxx

Of course you should otherwise you would go stir crazy, very unheard when women go into labour and delivery very quickly, or when waters break too :)
I have 2 children and i will be doing the school run, swimming lessons, cricket club etc most likely on my due date and beyond if this one is late. Just take to your mobile with you x

don't under-estimate the kindness of the general public either :)
if you were to suddenly double over in pain someone would be at your side ASAP!
(i know working in retail myself that i'd help anyone who looked like they were struggling etc)

- also, aslong as there is someone that can get to you, i wouldn't worry.

i'm at home all the time (unless i go for a walk etc) but my OH works 30 minutes away (i know its not too far!) but i would have no worries running next door and asking them to give me a hand to the hospital or something! :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->