3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Good luck daretodream! My glucose was suppos to be this fri but dr is out of the office so it's next fri the 13th ... I'd rather opt out of the test but people say it's a good thing so I'm going to do it I suppose. I just can't eat or drink when I wake up & it's a lil more than an hour bc u drink it & have blood taken an hour later.

Aw babyboyle dumb witch! ... Oh well great excuse to DTD like crazy this month!! :) fx's for you!!!

Hey ladies! What is the GTT test? I've not even heard of it before....got midwife in a month too....

Had a lovely, but busy Easter weekend. Was lucky to have the sun shining so took pooch to the seaside where my nan lives for the night and it was a lovely weekend, topped off with BBQ last night.

We finally decided to tell people we're having a girl - such a relief!!!!!

Batty the gtt is glucose tolerance test u only need it if u have high bmi or history of diabetes x

I would have LOVED to opt out, but they always act like thats not an option. So, i want to know how my other bloods are, so i figured to go with it. Up early because they open at 730 and it's usually a MADHOUSE so i figure get in get out- sooner i can have a nice breakfast right.

Woke up with a HORRIBLE charlie horse this morning too- it was the worst yet. Hurt so bad that then i had to pee, and walking even after it was gone, hurt for a bit. :(

You know i called the lab asking about the test yesterday- and the jerk i got said 'well which test is it' and i said my labwork says it takes about 90 minutes and he said "YEAH well there is NO SUCH TEST. it's either an hour or three." and i just said yeah ok.

He was really rude! Hope he's not the one here this am drawing bloods.

Batty the gtt is glucose tolerance test u only need it if u have high bmi or history of diabetes x

In the states they want you to take it no matter what. To make sure you aren't getting gestational diabetes. I have no history of either and they are still making me take it. :growlmad:

Yea that's why I have to have it too dare ... Just bc everyone does. That's sort of how they handle medical procedures here in the US ... They give something or test everyone to prevent the few that will have it. Like babies they give them all vitamin k (to clot their blood in case they need surgery anytime soon after birth), hepatitis B (just in case the mother has it or your 2 week old starts shooting up with drugs I guess?), and then ethromycin in their eyes (an antibiotic) that keeps baby from going blind if the mom has an STD.... And most of those things are state laws and you have to sign forms to opt out but they guilt you to death & then potentially have the chance of them calling state child services to come speak with you, even if you know you don't have hept B or any stds! :-/ a little crazy if you ask me!

Hi ladies

We are going to our 1st birthing class tonight! What a scary thought!

My stretchmarks are also horrible even though I am putting all kinds of oils and creams on, it just is not working!
My boobs have also all of a sudden popped out and i swear i am 2 cup sizes bigger. I had to go buy new bras over the weekend and got some nursing ones. DH finds it quite kinky that you pop it open and a nipple appears!

tanasha I hope your class goes well!!!! I start mine next week. :) just another milestone in the wait right!!!

had my test this am- had to drink the liquid in 5 minutes- and then sit for an hour. Met another mama getting it done and we talked for a while which was nice. The drink wasn't bad either!!! I was relieved.

the guy had no trouble with my vein- got home and slept for like 30 minutes on the couch. Still tired but glad all is done! So ladies don't worry! It's easy. And I'm the biggest wimp with blood too and you will all be just fine :)

kyrstal- I don't think my hosp does the vitamin k- BUT I know they do the hepatitis. It scares me doing shots that young but dh wants it so- guess I will do it. So many shots and things for babies! It's a bit scary to me.

Had my gtt done as well today! Was lucky had a lovely lady there who had hers done 30mins before me so just sat there and chatted the2hours went really quickly! I also had my midwife appoint had my anti d injection and she took my blood pressure it's really dropped!!! She said for me it's dropped quite dramitically in a week so she said explains why been dizzy!!!
So after a long day going out for dinner tonight can't wait!!!!!

Had my gtt done as well today! Was lucky had a lovely lady there who had hers done 30mins before me so just sat there and chatted the2hours went really quickly! I also had my midwife appoint had my anti d injection and she took my blood pressure it's really dropped!!! She said for me it's dropped quite dramitically in a week so she said explains why been dizzy!!!
So after a long day going out for dinner tonight can't wait!!!!!

Glad everything went well for you too love!!! that's so great! What shot is that? And so glad your mw told you what is going on and WHY you've been so dizzy! did she recommend or say anything about it?

So glad it's over and done with now!! U must be too!! I was dreading the fasting!!!!
The anti-D is because my blood type is negative! I must admit I'm not too sure what it all means to be honest must read up on it!!!
Erm she didn't really seem worried so that's good, she is a but erm ditsy!! She just said I need to make sure I drink lots!!!

Dare, glad the test wasn't so bad ... Which flavor did u drink? I've been nervous bc I hear it was gross but I like fruit flavored Popsicles and drinks right now so I was hoping it wouldn't make me sick!

Natalie, really glad they figured out what's going on & glad ur test went well as well!

It has been quiet on here!

DH saw the baby moving my belly last night ... It was really cool and I was glad he FINALLY saw what I feel and see all day!

Dare - the vitamin k injection doesn't hurt them, it's a quick prick in the heel and back to mummy :) and then you have the heel prick test a few days later - that was horrible but it's worth it all in the end

Natalie - finally you know what's up :) bet that's A relief!!!

Lovekrystal mine just tasted of pure sugar I had to drink it I one!! Wasn't tooooo bad!! I don't know how different it would be where u are!

Charlie such a relief I thought it had to be something!!!

I am ready to Go bloody mad at solicitors today!!! I sent an email asking for an update on our move.... I get out of office email saying our solicitor is out of the office till 19th may!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

I am ready to Go bloody mad at solicitors today!!! I sent an email asking for an update on our move.... I get out of office email saying our solicitor is out of the office till 19th may!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!
That's a generous holiday allowance! But we property solicitors are people who need holidays too... :( Their workload will (should...) have been left with a colleague, give the office a ring and ask who's dealing in their absence. If nobody's dealing with it, I'd want to know why bearing in mind the length of the absence. Certainly wouldn't happen in our place.

Hi girls

literally dropping in as I had to come into work again....on my day off and the magazine woman called me!!! il copy n paste my message from the board

Hope ur all ok and miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girlies

I was lucky enough to be picked to do a bikini shoot with pregnancy and birth magazine for an article which is about how you are happier in your skin now you are pregnant and they are still looking for one girl and have asked me if i had any friends who fit the bill....what better place than BNB!!!

so....you need to be between 20-30 weeks, this needs to be your first baby and you need to have something that you didnt like about your body which has got better / you are happy with now.

Example, my focus is on my skin and how my spots have vanished since being pregs.

ummm i think thats about it! the shoot is on the 4th may and they pay for your travel expenses to get there. you get a hair and makeup makeover and they do the shoot and then you go into the mag appx june/july

if your interested give me an email on here and il gicve you more details xx

Is anyone else getting LOADS of movement now all of a sudden!

She just won't stop. Seriously, I think a grand total of about two hours yesterday from waking up and about three in the morning she wasn't wriggling around. My whole belly was moving and flicking from all directions! Hubby things we're going to have a very special girly because it looks like she's been trying to excape from me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->