3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I'd not even heard of it before you ladies started talking about it on here. I think in the UK it only gets mentioned if you have a family history of diabietes or are overweight...I dunno.

I saw my mw at 22 and a different one at 24-25 weeks so I'm sure they would have!

At least I hope so...!!

Batty I was told at booking in I would more than likely have to have it as fam history and I'm fat lol

I'd not even heard of it before you ladies started talking about it on here. I think in the UK it only gets mentioned if you have a family history of diabietes or are overweight...I dunno.

I saw my mw at 22 and a different one at 24-25 weeks so I'm sure they would have!

At least I hope so...!!

Well you are lucky!! :) Glad to hear it.

Batty I was told at booking in I would more than likely have to have it as fam history and I'm fat lol

I'm not fat and i don't have ANY family history! Over here, they do it no matter what at like 26 weeks. Every single pregnant lady- has to do the stupid test. :/

Part of me thinks testing everyone is a good thing to blanket test as there is always going to be an exception to the rule that wouldn't have been caught otherwise!

And Natalie - if you're classed as fat I have less faith in the NHS bmi system of measuring our healthy weights than before!!!

natalie- btw the way I wrote that sounds totally rude and I swear I didn't mean anything by it. Please don't be upset with me. :(

Hi ladies, a little bummed today, I went and had my Ob appt and my blood pressure is too high so i have to go into hospital for a few days in hope that it will come back down :( Im sure its elevated because of stress just worrying about every little thing with the pregnancy so maybe a few days of bed rest and constant monitoring will do me good. Heres hoping anyway!! I didnt get to have my GD test because my OB said that if i was to get it done now with my blood pressure elevated it could come back as a false positive something about stress adding extra sugar to your system, so they are going to do it on friday in hospital. I just hope everything settles down and i dont end up having her this early or having to stay the rest of the pregnancy... Whatever's best for bub though.

Aww batty thank u, but Nhs guidelines say im obese :( rather poo!! Hey ho what can u do though!!!
Awww dare not at all!!!
Awww Mumtomiller, I'm sure rest etc will bring your blood pressure down!! It's good they have picked up on it and is more than likely down to stress so try not to worry and keep us updated!!! Will be thinking of u!! I must admit I didn't realise stress could effect blood sugars etc!! Xx

Hi ladies, a little bummed today, I went and had my Ob appt and my blood pressure is too high so i have to go into hospital for a few days in hope that it will come back down :( Im sure its elevated because of stress just worrying about every little thing with the pregnancy so maybe a few days of bed rest and constant monitoring will do me good. Heres hoping anyway!! I didnt get to have my GD test because my OB said that if i was to get it done now with my blood pressure elevated it could come back as a false positive something about stress adding extra sugar to your system, so they are going to do it on friday in hospital. I just hope everything settles down and i dont end up having her this early or having to stay the rest of the pregnancy... Whatever's best for bub though.

Thinking of you hun. It does sound like you're due for a nice rest so try to enjoy being off your feet as much as possible! I know- easier said than done in the hospital! Hopefully your BP will come down nicely, but at least your in the best car for both you and babs xxx

My Mum's brother & sister (my Auntie & Uncle) are both diabetic, but my Mum isn't, and I haven't been offered a test. I guess it would be different if my Mum was too?

I have NO idea to be honest - but if you're worried I would speak to your midwife when you next see her.

Are any of you ladies thinking of baby wearing? I so do you know what carrier you are going for? I'm really wanting to seen as I have such problematic joints from my EDS and think it will help holding her - but getting confused at which are best for newborns all the way through...think I have it down to three; babyhawk mei tei, ergo or moby wrap...but i'm lost now!

natalie- thank you! Sometimes I read what I write later and it doesn't sound like I meant it! I horrify myself!

mum- I'm so sorry love that you are going through all of that. I will be thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts.

I wish I had the option about the test- to decline it- I probably would've because of no history- but yet... Untili get the results I won't know right? Hoping they call today good or bad or I think I'll call them. Don't think I can wait until tuesday.

Mum2Miller, at least you get a chance to relax a little- try to relax in the hospital (I know, easier said than done)! I wish this week would hurry up and be done, its my son's last week of swimming lessons and I'm so ready to be done with them (moms have to get in too)! I'm ready for the summer when we can go swimming outside in the sun!

natalie- thank you! Sometimes I read what I write later and it doesn't sound like I meant it! I horrify myself!

mum- I'm so sorry love that you are going through all of that. I will be thinking of you and sending you healing thoughts.

I wish I had the option about the test- to decline it- I probably would've because of no history- but yet... Untili get the results I won't know right? Hoping they call today good or bad or I think I'll call them. Don't think I can wait until tuesday.

Awww hahaha at the min half the things I try to say just don't make sense haha blame the hormones haha
Try giving them a call they can only say no sorry they are not in yet!!!

Hi girls

i did kind of join this thread in first tri but i dunno just thought i would jinx things and didnt really come back on here :blush: stupid i know
Anyway i'm back and so happy to be in 3rd tri
Just to quickly introduce myself i'm Angie i'm 31 and i'm due 30th july and having a boy which we have decided to name Alexander which is his daddys middle name. I have had a really really good pregnancy (touch wood) so far although little man was weighing a pound more than he should of at my 20 week scan so i have to have growth scans every 4 weeks from 28 weeks.

Nice to meet you all :flower:

xxx

Welcome Angie, I'm due a little boy on August 1st- so we're right there together!

:wave: hiii angie!!!

ladies I called the mw- everythingis normal!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->