3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

Hello...

I posted on here a little while back but not very often but now the time is coming closer then it would be lovely to get to know you all better through the ups and downs.

So i cant remember if i introduced myself properly but here goes... Im Stefanie, im 24 and expecting our 2nd little girl on 23rd August, im under consultant led care due to having an emergency c-section last time and having hypothyroidism.

So far my pregnancy hasnt been as straight forward as last time and I found myself on labour ward Tuesday night with pains in my abdo. The dr beleives its being caused by scar tissue coming away from when I had my c-section last time, its still sore now so just trying to rest. He said its likely to be caused by my uterus stretching and was just told to keep an eye on it. I also have regular apts with a physio due to SPD.

I havent read through all of the thread so would like to wish you all well.

Xx

I've been away for a while girls due to my net being broken but I'm back! Just in time to cross over to 3rd tri xxx

Hi stef!! Wow sounds like u are having a tough pregnancy!!

Squeena!!! I was thinking been ages since I saw u on here!!!!
How are u doing??

Glad to see some old faces back! Sorry everything's been so rough for you Stef!

Not bad thanks :) my fluid keeps going up which is great but I switched from weekly scans to monthly ones xx I'm off for a GTT on the 12th as they think I have type 1 diabetes. Grr!!!

Welcome all :)

Yay dare! That's awesome! I am glad everything is fine :)

And so glad to see you back Sequeena!!! Don't make me hunt you down again haha :) jk glad your net is back up!

I haven't been on here much the past couple days, we've had a lot going on here since the storm & work has been kicking my butt! My hips hurt so bad! I feel like I've been riding a horse for 3 days straight! Today is my last day of this week til Monday, so 6 more hours running around on my feet then a 3 day weekend! I am hopin to get my house cleaned and do some volunteering...and spend time with my mother and MIL as it's mothers day here on Sunday!

Last night I had the craziest dream! I dreamed I had a baby and 3 puppies lol the baby was ugly & didn't look like us, it had a hook nose and little beady eyes & we were trying so hard to take care of it and the puppies. But the puppies had DH's eyes and were cute but I couldn't take care of all of them so DH quit work to help me. Haha it was so silly!

Well I best stop procrastinating and get ready for work! I hope all of you ladies have a great day!! :)

Hi stef- so sorry about your pregnancy being so rough! thinking of you!

Sequeena- hello! glad your fluid is going back up! Btw, when you do your gtt- fast if you can! Because i think i had a glass of oj the morning of the test because she told me to have a light breakfast and oj has so much sugar! So fast if you can - will give you a better reading!

Hi stef- so sorry about your pregnancy being so rough! thinking of you!

Sequeena- hello! glad your fluid is going back up! Btw, when you do your gtt- fast if you can! Because i think i had a glass of oj the morning of the test because she told me to have a light breakfast and oj has so much sugar! So fast if you can - will give you a better reading!

My gtt will at 8:30am and last for 2 hours yuck! I have to fast from the night before so it's different to how you do it where you are xx

I had the GTT test a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Mine was at 8.30am too so at least it's out of the way early, especially as I was fasting from midnight. On the plus side, I got to sit in a big comfy reclining chair with my feet up watching Jeremy Kyle, which I wouldn't have been able to do on a normal Tuesday morning! I did miss having a brew though lol. Make sure you take a snack to eat as soon as you're finished though- you'll need it! Hope it goes ok for you hon.

Thanks waitin4astork xx it's so annoying!! I have to fast from 10pm :cry: and I get really dizzy in the mornings if I don't eat breakfast so dunno how I'll cope on just water :(

I'll be taking a packed lunch with me as I'll hopefully be done by about 11am but then have to wait about until 2pm so see my midwife :dohh:

You should definitely be done by 11am- I was done by 10.45am and that was only because the nurse spent 15 mins faffing about trying to get the needle in my arm! (that won't happen to you- I just have no veins in my arms at all lol). Packed lunch is a very good idea. I looked that pale when I came out, that OH took me to KFC nearby to have a fillet burger as he didn't think a couple of cereal bars would be enough! I felt ok though and the good thing is, there isn't a long wait of days or weeks for the test results- you get to know same day.

Really? Oh that's great news!! I'm so worried that I have type 1 diabetes :cry: I don't have the symptoms and haven't had what they call a hypoglaecemic episode since I had the viral infection so me thinks that was either low bp or something to do with the infection!!

God I hope I've not got it!

Sequeena when I did my gtt I had to fast for 12hours and then wait around 2hours like yourself!! I was lucky that I had another woman doing hers around the same time I just got chatting away to her, I kept talking about food hahaha I took some bits to nibble after as also had to wait for a bit to go on to midwife!!!

Lovekyrstal!!! U should be taking it easier than that!! Make sure u get the breaks u need!!! Least u have a few days rest to look forward to!!! Oh and funny dream I think it's expected to get weird dreams during all this pregnancy!!!
How is everything in your area now how is the clean up going?
I only have 10 shifts at work left woohoo!! Then as long as no more issues we move house after that!!!

You should definitely be done by 11am- I was done by 10.45am and that was only because the nurse spent 15 mins faffing about trying to get the needle in my arm! (that won't happen to you- I just have no veins in my arms at all lol). Packed lunch is a very good idea. I looked that pale when I came out, that OH took me to KFC nearby to have a fillet burger as he didn't think a couple of cereal bars would be enough! I felt ok though and the good thing is, there isn't a long wait of days or weeks for the test results- you get to know same day.

I had mine done on a tuesday and had to wait till thursday for results!!!

i'm hoping i have avoided having one as the mw said for me to come back at 31 weeks at my 24 week check up - but i'am seeing the consultant on tuesday and hoping he doesnt send me for one eekkk

xxx

Thanks for the welcome again ladies :hugs:

I have my GTT on Monday, I had one in my last pregnancy too, wasnt so bad but i do remember just sitting in a waiting area feeling really uncomfortable as all I wanted to do was burp cos the lucozade was really fizzy. Gross I know. But I didnt half feel uncomfortable, i could hardly let a little burp out with other ladies sat around me. :haha:

Sequeena, Ive been reading a little about the probs you have been having as you follow Linzi's journal too. Best of luck with your GTT.

I seem to have had lots of vivid dreams this pregnancy, i dont recall any last time. Some of them have been really awful and made me wake up in states of panic.

Does any one have one of those full length maternity pillows. Im wondering if they're worth it or not.

Xx

Thanks Stef! I hope yours goes well too!!

I was tempted to buy the full length pillow from Argos for £19.99 but instead have 2 pillows. One I shove between my legs and the other I rest my bump on. Works well for me!! When I roll over in bed to cuddle OH I just sling my leg over his side so I get the support from him then :D

My pysio said to put a pillow between my legs but i must wriggle around alot when im asleep and when i wake up its either gone awol on the floor or at the bottom of the bed. :rofl:

Im hoping once my duo belt arrives that this will help alot.

Xx

I've had a fair few dreams mainly that this lo will be early, and by c-sec but who knows!!

I've got the dream genii, Its ok but I usually end up chucking it out of bed as struggle to get comfy with it as seems quite restricting!! I been using 2 cushties like bean bag cushions they are on amazon for think £8 each I love them as u can really get comfy and get support between legs!! Definaltly Reccomend them, dream genii is really good if u need help not moving around in your sleep!!

With regards to pillows.. I roll from side to side a lot in my sleep, so, how would that work? A pillow either side? Don't think there's room for me, hubby & a pillow either side of me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->