3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

krystal- I know I've been feeling maybe I should wear a shirt over a suit... But I don't want to feel that way. I want to smbrace my belly! But it is hard with how huge I am and maybe just get a a tankini thing. Glad you were able to shorten ur shifts at least!!! I'm getting so tired again I'm glad it's over but will miss everyone. I've been instructed tocome and have lunch often and bring baby too. :)

ttc- 3 wks!!! That's awesome! What do you plan to do in the free time??? Since we are so close maybe we could think about meeting up sometime!

30 weeks today!! ( my tickers a day out lol)
wooooooo........ this is the final countdown isn't it xx

Since leaving work I must warn u I feel like I have much less energy it's horrid!! I've ended up wasting days by sleeping loads and wondering how I did 8hr days on my feet with such early starts!!! It's infuriating when I know how much I have to do with moving at the end of the week!!!!! Esp when I don't even feel like I have the energy to do something simple like clean our little flat!!!!

Emily congratulations on 30weeks!!!!

Hello ladies....taken myself away for a week - had a bit of a bad one! The scan went well - she was spot on with her measurements even though she was so head down they couldn't get the HC. But got upset with consultant as she's very rude anyway (can't speak very good english so its hard to get things across..and she just walks out of the room for like ten mins at a time just leaving you there with no explanation) and she told me I probably won't be allowed to go in the midwife-led unit because of my EDS. It's so frustrating because that means a lot to me and EVERYTHING has ben normal...including the heart scan and of babs scans...and with my hips I think being stuck in a bed monitord will just make it worse!

It's so odd we're all getting so far along now....people getting their bags packed and everything. And maternity leave....I've still got just under nine weeks to go until mine! Hurry up!

Ps. Nursery is finished...will post pics in a bit.

Hi everyone, My name is Sharyn, My first boy is due on the 24th of July although he has been trying to come early 3 times now. I also have a gorgeous daughter who is 6yrs old, turning 7 on the 12th August. So theres something in the air for me round July / August. ;)
I use to say "I cant wait" to any1 who would listen but Iv learnt my lesson on that one and all I seem to be saying these days is "you better stay put for another 9 weeks".lol. I think Iv pretty much gave him his first grounding already, :) Just like his sister, impatient.
All is well, appointment with MW tomorrow, yeh another scan for me!! I love the collection of scan pics I have now, Iv already started my baby book, the OH loves it, and my daughter pulls hers out and compares the little pictures, She says "look mum hes gonna be tall like me cause hes real long" I love what little ones say, "the darnedest things".

Hello ladies....taken myself away for a week - had a bit of a bad one! The scan went well - she was spot on with her measurements even though she was so head down they couldn't get the HC. But got upset with consultant as she's very rude anyway (can't speak very good english so its hard to get things across..and she just walks out of the room for like ten mins at a time just leaving you there with no explanation) and she told me I probably won't be allowed to go in the midwife-led unit because of my EDS. It's so frustrating because that means a lot to me and EVERYTHING has ben normal...including the heart scan and of babs scans...and with my hips I think being stuck in a bed monitord will just make it worse!

It's so odd we're all getting so far along now....people getting their bags packed and everything. And maternity leave....I've still got just under nine weeks to go until mine! Hurry up!

Ps. Nursery is finished...will post pics in a bit.

Can you not appeal to someone higher and say you want to be on the birthing unit? (what is EDS by the way?) I can't see why yoy're not considered low risk? But glad everything was ok on the scan :D

Dare- that would be fun! I'm planning on spending my days at MIL's pool, and taking my son on some day trips before the baby comes, I'm thinking zoo, aquarium, that kind of stuff!

Batty- I'm sorry you had such a rough time, hopefully there is someone else you can talk to!

Welcome new ladies!!!

Can you not appeal to someone higher and say you want to be on the birthing unit? (what is EDS by the way?) I can't see why yoy're not considered low risk? But glad everything was ok on the scan :D

EDS is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which is a connective tissue disorder that I was diagnosed with last year. There are different types and I have type III - Hypermobility. I'm very lucky as this is probably the least troublesome type - I only have to contend with painful joints that are prone to subluxing, particularly my hips...but so many have it far worse than me. It can be genetic and the other types include heart or other organ problems.....but they've ruled them out.

I'm going to speak to my MW tomorrow about it and hopefully she'll be able to write a recommendation that I can go to the MW-led unit.

Welcome new ladies!!!

LOL i'm planning on hitting up the pool as well! sounds lovely! :) Mom has one but i will def have to have a nice suit that doesnt show too much belly because my mother will comment.

I can't wait for the pools to open!!!

welcome to all the new girls!!!!!!! :wave:

Feeling fantastic today- how are all of you?! I slept crap but i'm in a wonderful mood :) Have a midwife appt this am, glad for that! get to hear baby again and ask a few small questions. :) Hope you all are having a lovely tuesday :)

I've got a really itchy bum!! Is this a pregnancy thing or just me?!

We've finished off shopping for Thomas today. Feels so good to get it done :) We're in the middle of finishing off his nursery too - though we still need to buy the border and curtains for it.

EDS is Ehlers Danlos Syndrome which is a connective tissue disorder that I was diagnosed with last year. There are different types and I have type III - Hypermobility. I'm very lucky as this is probably the least troublesome type - I only have to contend with painful joints that are prone to subluxing, particularly my hips...but so many have it far worse than me. It can be genetic and the other types include heart or other organ problems.....but they've ruled them out.

I'm going to speak to my MW tomorrow about it and hopefully she'll be able to write a recommendation that I can go to the MW-led unit.

Welcome new ladies!!!

ahh ok! Well hopefully she'll say it's better for you if you're on the MW-led unit...! Is it a unit that's attached to the hospital? So if they do think you'll be better off in the other ward then it won't be too hard to transfer! Hopefully she'll give you some good news tomorrow :)

sequeena u havent got piles by chance have you?? :blush:
Batty how did you get on with your mw today hopefully you got everything sorted and are happy?!
dare how did your mw appointment go?
welcome to all the newbies!!!

Hi Nat - MW wasn't great. Bless her, she was running an hour behind and had a student midwife in there with her, plus my dad had borrowed my car and my notes were in there so she couldn't do my bloods....and she was so rushed there wasn't a chance to talk about it. Also, she worried me as my fundal height is only 26cm and they seemed a little concerned at that..but I'm thinking that if they were happy with last weeks scan I should be okay...Back tomorrow to do my bloods...JOY!

How are you doing Nat? Are you on the move down from Watford yet?

oh no i'm sorry to hear that why don't you book another appointment with her so you can put your mind at rest?! when is your next scan? ahhh off to the vampires eh!!! how come they are doing extra bloods?
nearly nearly there!! :D cant wait!! we get the keys on friday!!! sooooo excited!!! been so busy packing up so exhausted from it all but will soooooo be worth it!! i've ended up most days (except from today) doing a tiny amount in the morn and sleeping through the afternoon then having loads of energy in the evening!!! i am still not sure if going to use watford hosp tho!!

hi ladies - mw appt went great! Measuring perfect and she sounded good :) nothing very exciting to report. Oh I've gained a total of 21lbs- she said again- perfect gain :shrug: I think everyone of us is differnet though so don't believe in 'perfect' weight gain.

in complaint dept: feet hurt SO bad- and back starting to bother me. And I'm HOT HOT HOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->